Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,701 Member
    Options
    stat for the day:
    Spin- 40min, 120ahr, 141mhr = 319c

AHR= average heart rate
    MHR= maximum heart rate

having free food tonight so won't be walking home so no extra workout of walking home.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,979 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    1056287i3zmwzup2m.gif I am fortunate to have dogs who want and need to walk first thing in the morning. I keep my whole dog walking outfit in one drawer in the bureau so when I wake up I can easily carry it into the bathroom to dress. I have an indoor/outdoor thermometer in the bathroom so I know immediately how cold it is outside so I'll know what outerwear I'll need. I keep my phone and my blue tooth headphone in the same place so they are easy to find and the leashes and flashlight and outdoor shoes are in the right place for me to finish dressing. Thus, I have no excuse to not get moving right away. After I walk each dog to "do business" I have a routine of prayer and spiritual reading followed by exactly the same breakfast every day (no need to make any decisions) which I eat while doing specific check-in activities on the computer. Then I walk each dog again for a longer time. Having a routine works so well for me to make sure that I am active, fed, and ready for the day.

m1213.gifAbout mac and cheese....it's something my mother made (the stuff in the box) sometimes with a can of tuna added. Jake doesn't like mac and cheese so I haven't made it since I met him. I used to order it in restaurants by now with my lean eating, it never seems to fit into any food plan that I have.

:*Katla, Jake gets leg cramps and the doctor recommended quinine so he drinks tonic water.....someone on this thread mentioned a bar of soap in a sock under the covers in bed and he tried it and swears that it makes a difference.

DrKatie, t3329.gif

m1235.gifIrish Terri, what an awesome transformation...great photos

m1235.gifMargaret, best wishes to your husband for a speedy recovery...how fortunate that your persistence resulted in finding the blood clots and getting him for treatment.

m1235.gifJoyce, happy to hear that Charlie is doing so much better.

smiley-sleep012.gif About the meds from the doctor....they will take a few days to really work, but one of the side effects is grogginess so she said to take it at bedtime.....I don't know if it was the drug or staying up too late last night but I slept later this morning than usual and when I walked the dogs I saw people I hadn't seen before because we were walking so much later than usual....tonight I'll be in bed by 7:30.

253149qtzkf0ld22.gifBarbie from beautiful NW Washingtont116008.gif

Be kind---no exceptions
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Barbie- I made a lot of Mac and cheese with tuna my kids loved it! Now my daughter and I add hot dogs. I still partake in my favorite foods occasionally. I don't care where it fits as long as I don't go over my calorie count!

Becca - if you feel like eating in the middle of the night write a post I'm usually up and will help you through it!

Mary from Minnesota

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,701 Member
    Options
    pmwgt4ois1r7.jpeg

Weil pic of bug, not clean yet
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Pip - nice bug!
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Pip! Our first car was a bug just like that one, blue and all. Yours looks better. v5zv6zx4uq11.jpeg
    17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    I had a bug, green!! Loved the car, oh to b young again !!

Glad to hear the baby surgery went well!! My cousin had the same thing n did just great!!

Mary: hubby doing better, what a scary thing!!

Prayers n hugs to all Gayle Minneapolis
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the birthday wishes. DH took me to the local Mexican restaurant for supper. We had the fajitas for two and brought enough home for supper for two more nights!

I've been doing some online Facebook stuff, a Freedom from Emotional Eating study, another on prayer, and another on Procrastination. I don't know why I thought I could keep up with all that. I'm really enjoying the procrastination study and getting a lot of organizing done. I've been reading about the correlation between disorganization and failure to lose weight. Pretty interesting stuff.
  • kimses2
    kimses2 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Irish Terry -- you look pretty snazzy :) Thanks for posting the pictures. They are very nice to see.

Today's accomplishments:
    Swimming - 30 minutes (after much procrastination)
    Logged everything -- still have a fiber one english muffin and 1 tbs of almond butter on the menu for tonight.
    Drank 80 oz of water. I'm floating. Will be up all night peeing.

And that is it. The Halloween candy didn't get me today.
    Good night Ladies.

Kimses from MA
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Pip, love the Bug. I wanted one so badly when I graduated High School. Thanks for the pic.

Janetr OKC
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Drkatiebug, love it!!!

Janetr OKC
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,979 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want the MOST for what they want at the MOMENT.

1056287i3zmwzup2m.gif Stats for today:
    13,000 steps
    159 minutes of dog walking
    117 minutes riding the exercise bike

<3 Love the VW Bugs.....the car of my youth was a Ford Mustang

t09164.gif Bernie, the cat, likes to sit on the bedroom window sill and watch out the window.....last week the string that pulls the shade up, broke, so we called and made an appointment for someone to come to show us possible replacement window coverings. We ended up ordering vertical vinyl blinds for the bedroom window and three others so there will be three windows that Bernie can look out. It will be four to six weeks before we get them but we are really excited.

253149qtzkf0ld22.gifBarbie from beautiful NW Washingtont116008.gif

• miakoda40
    miakoda40 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    OK. This is a 2009, but I had to share a pic of gxerzc01lhgo.jpg
    my current car.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,387 Member
    Options
    Mary - yup, I'm trying to lighten up the one recipe and make it so that Vince will eat the chocolate tofu pie. If I ever told him it contained tofu, he wouldn't eat it. So to him it's a chocolate pie. Well...I'm not lying. It IS a chocolate pie. I just omitted the word "tofu" from the name.....lol Thanks for showing it to your dh for me. I'm not much of a swimmer, either. I usually wear a floation belt in the deep end. But you CAN get a real good workout in the water. Problem is...you don't feel it....until the next day. I don't like to get my hair wet especially in the winter. So I try hard not to. I usually put my hair up in a bun when I'm in the pool

Becca - 88 degrees!!! The one pool by us gets up to around 82-83. At those temps, it feels cool when I first get in the water but then I'm sweating like crazy. The one good thing about being in the pool is if you get a hot flash, there's no better place to have it!!!!! :) When I go by myself, I usually put on a CD that I listen to (which reminds me that I need to copy different ones)

Becca - trader Joe's gives out free samples. There are things that I wouldn't have bought otherwise. Also, one time I went there and saw this dried bean crisp. Well...I didn't know if I'd like it or not. Do you know that they opened a bag for me and let me taste one? In the end, I did like them so I bought that bag and another one. That's too bad for the store not being in business any more. Sounds like a great place to shop. Love you girl...have I told you that lately? I like to do all my cooking on Sunday for the following week. Then the freezer becomes my dear companion

Betty - yahoo being able to split those pills. You're on your way now, girl! So sorry about the pink eye

pip - what a good looking bug. Really takes me back. You're so lucky

Michele in NC
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Watching the World Series! Fun, fun, fun!

Busy day drafting. That's good. I was afraid I wouldn't have anything to bill for this month. It rained all day, but not very hard.

Gotta go, the Royals need me.

Good night!

Sylvia
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening Ladies,

Terri, I now think of you every time I go to Big Lots. Lol I am so excited now that I discovered that they carry Oat Bran and at a very good price.

DrKatie, bday.gif and many more.

Irish Terri, great pictures showing a great job. Thanks for sharing.

Betty, thanks for the explanation. You meant automobile for your auto and I was thinking automatic. So mine didn’t make much sense. Lol congrats on splitting the pills.

I love all the bug pictures. Line dancing went well today and as usual, wore me out. I wish I'd get two hours of exercise every day or two. When I logged on tonight there were 60 new posts from noon till now. Therefore I read quickly and made very few notes. I do send out Congrats for all the victories and Hugs for all who want or need them. You ladies are the best and I wish the best for you. I hope all of you have a healthy and happy day. rose.gif

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, smiley-love013.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,090 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,401 Member
    Options
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member