• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    <3
  • mtowne002
    mtowne002 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,
    Just checking in. Feeling pretty good after two nights of awesome sleep. I finally had to put myself first with my pigs (I mean pups!). They sleep next to my bed on blankets and pillows..I love having them in there and hearing them snore as I drift off. However that being said they have developed a habit of getting up at 3:30 am every day and frantically needing to go out. This is probably mostly due to the fact that I don't walk them BC I procrastinate
    . Don't get me wrong they go out in the yard leashed numerous times a day but there is nothing like a good old walk to get them to do a thorough business. Tmi sorry. So the last two nights when they came snuffing in my ear I brought them to the hallway said lay down in the house firmly and shut them out of my bedroom. I have had the last two days off and w no need to get up slept like the dead! Which in turn made me so much more productive cleaning the house and yes the dogs got a walk today. So maybe they won't need to go out today at 3:30am. This could be the start of a good thing.
    My other biggie is my DD who is 21 moved out suddenly last night bc her boyfriend got fed up w my lecturing about pot. Now though I am twenty two years sober I try not to be judge mental. However my kids have two sober parents and "JACKPOT" genes as we refer to them in AA. She hasn't been paying any of her bills for about six months, skipped all of her Drs appts so many times all her Drs fired her so she had to go without any of her bipolar meds no thyroid meds and most horribly no birth control pills. I believe for some people smoking recreationally is ok, and for some medical conditions helpful. But when you spend your entire income on it call out of work frequently and basically live in deplorable conditions its a good probability there is a problem. Lately they have been going over to her boyfriends dads and smoking w him. So I've been biting my tongue but got fed up,yesterday and when he called to "hang" with them I told him he needed to shape up stop smoking with them and be a parent. I didn't swear or raise my voice. But my DD and boyfriend overheard and moved out in indignation to sleep in his living room. I have had to keep busy today doing the next right thing for me regardless of DD impending crash. I did really really want a dangelos steak bomb last night and ended up eating a whole box of Annie's organic white cheddar and shells boxed Mac n cheese. Gee wonder what brought that to mind? Hahaha. Nbd I logged it owned it moving on.
    Lastly can any of you share your experience w strong lifts program or a short detox or fast? Would like to try them out.

HAPPY BDAY DR KATIE BUG!

Hooray for all who are healing!

Hang in there for all those who are struggling.

Thankyou for all the pics! The bugs are cute and bring back memories..the transformations are inspiring...the landscapes are beautiful..and the furry friends are precious!

Have a good day tomorrow everyone

Mindy from Boston

PS Becca I sing at work too as do some of my coworkers. The other departments are always commenting to the gist of "all of you in the front end seem to think your at a party!" It's true! Life is short. Make it your party!
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Mindy - I messaged you information! Sorry for all the problems you're going through. You have to take care of you!

Mary from Minnesota
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Ahhhh, Mindy. So sorry DD is acting out like this. But you have done the right thing. She is an adult and has to learn if you do the deed then there are consequences. Hopefully she will be responsible enough one day and have kids and do the exact things to her kids.

I sure miss the kids and walking in the leaves. DH hates it when I walk in a pile of leaves he has raked. But it just feels so good. Then I do help put it back in place and hold the bag for him to dump it. But lately it just seems as if the leaves are on the trees a little bit of time, one big storm, of which we are having now, takes them all down. My daughter is finally in a house and will have that task this year. Oldest grand daughter is 14. It's about time she has memories of beautiful leaves and just leaning back in them and falling! Also the responsibility of raking them.

Midnight closet eating huh. Some one has been watching my house. OOPS, Told my story.

Becca, sounds like you had a wonderful job there. Come closer to Thanksgiving, or is it Christmas, Sams will put out their holiday catologue. They even list the days when they have the taste testing of the different items My ex son in law lived in a group home when he was in the foster system. Going to Sam's after church on Sundays was a tradition because of all the samples. I just wish they had trash cans nearby. Kind of dumb.

Irish Terri, love the transformation pictures.

Joyce, Indiana
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Katla – thanks!

Becca – I need you here! Without Levi I would not get even 1 hug a week.

Margaret – so glad you and DH caught this

Welcome Flossyjai

Lisa – I think those kitties are becoming pet kitties not “working” kitties…

Gail – welcome back, Glad you are on the mend… take it slow and steady

Terri – what kind of embroidery machine do you have? I do it commercially and love it!

Dr Katiebug - happy birthday!!!

Irish Terri – amazing pic!!!! You look great!

Michele - I’m reading your recipe saga with interest… I too would like the recipe and I’ll be happy to play with it…. That it is not heated makes the thickening a challenge. Have you ever tried it with silken tofu?

Just a note that some of us in the US are thankful for the new healthcare plans and the policies of the current administration.

I think I am beginning to understand some of my emotional demons, not exactly sure how to deal with them yet, but beginning to be able to name them. Right now the hardest thing for me is I am feeling like the future holds nothing to look forward to… no hope, I have made changes eliminated or controlled the interaction with toxic folks in my life. Stood up for myself in some situations… all of that is good, but all I seem to be able to see ahead is a life of not enough money to make ends meet and a ever shrinking circle of people in my world. In many ways those two (the $$ and the friends are tied) everything to broaden my friend circle takes cash…. Grrrr.. It seems like it should not be that way, but I live in a very urban area, and the prices are crazy. But I’ll find my way though I am sure.

October Goals -
    Attend yoga each wednesday evening
    Walk everyday - increase over 140 - would like to see 160 miles
    continue counseling and hold my weight where it is as I deal with my current set of emotional issues
    weekly fun things
    W1 – hike, high school football
    W2- go to Angels Camp to visit a friend, high school football
    W3-
    W4
    Kim from N. California
  • Lagopus
    Lagopus Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Irish Terri - I know how hard you work at exercising but I had no idea what a transformation you had been through. Truly inspiring!

Mary - No, we don't exactly have problems with polar bears, but in case we ever do, it's best to have practiced escape strategies. Actually my husband DID have a problem once, when he was in charge of keeping a group of about 20 tourists safe and a polar bear showed up. He fired two warning shots (with a flare gun, not a rifle) and everyone survived the incident unscathed, including the polar bear.

Sylvia - You say you're happy about having something to bill for this month... I'm guessing you're a freelancer, like me. I recognize that constant uncertainty about when commissions will come in. And how it's either feast or famine. Nothing, nothing, nothing, and then more work that I can handle. I don't think I had more than two or three things I could bill between July and September, but October and November are going to be quite lucrative :smiley: And loads of work :s

I have to run, literally. I'm teaching this week and to keep my fitness on track I'm running back and forth between home and the university, about 2½ miles each way.
    /Penny, happily earning, but sadly not at the emoticon-object-026.gif
  • dreamwriter
    dreamwriter Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    A lot of posts to get caught up on. We are a busy group

Mary - I am doing good. DH resists counseling but always come in the end. I think it is bringing us closer because we both want a good marriage. Larry's surgery went very well. That man was so happy to be eating supper. Not sure how long they will keep him.

Joyce - I would say that Charlie is doing well to walk a mile. Quite an accomplishment with the challenges he has had.

Glo - The CD is a wonderful idea. I'm so glad that Andrew is doing well.

Kimses2 - I am laughing because that is a description of many of my days

Becca and Terri - I wish I could be as free with hugs. People tend to tell me all manner of personal, weird and random things but when it comes to hugging I pull back. I don't know why. My Mom used to have a song for everything and that is a favourite memory of the DGC and DGGC.

Katla - Are you getting enough calcium?

DJ - Being able to use the regular BP cuff is a nice NSV. Being confident enough to model is another.

Katiebug - Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you!. Wishing you rainbows , sunshine, music, warm hugs and a wonder filled day.

Irish Terri - Looking Good!!!

Pip - Nice Bug. DDIL has one waiting to be restored. She fell in love with "Herbie the Love Bug"

Sylvia - Catching bits and piece of the Series. I'm so sad that our beloved Jays didn't make it.

Mindy - I'm sorry for the problems with your DD. Remember......Breathe

Kim - Things will look up, in the meantime you have us and we are FREE

Larry had his surgery today. It was successful but it makes for a long day. My boss forgot that I was taking the day off so I got a text asking why I wasn't at work. Morphine mellows DH out and he kept saying "Thanking you for coming down" Oh, my. Where else would I be?

Chico is being very needy as his master isn't at home. Sitting on top of me as I type. It isn't easy to type with a dog on my knee who keeps licking my hands. I love him but enough is enough. I've sent him to his bed.

Bedroom redo is coming along nicely and I'm getting used to the colour. I've bought a new comforter (it's been well over 10 yrs). today DD picked out new curtains. I wasn't sure about them but with everything they look really good. My hummingbird painting has a home at last . Now for that space above the bed.

DD has sold another painting. I was in love with it but $$$ speak and she needs the money. I wish I had my children's talents but I guess my talent is supportive Mom.

-Sharon in Lethbridge
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,351 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Woke up early this morning. Typing to you. :D

Our first car was a blue mini, the second an ivory bug (Beetle). Went to the South of France in it with a very pregnant friend and her husband. We had to stop often!

Mindy - my sympathies with you re your daughter. It's tough to stay strong, but you are doing the right thing. :flowerforyou:

Kim - You are right that having about enough money makes happiness easier to achieve, but there are other ways to be happier. There has been a lot of research on it recently. You are right again in that significant human contact is good for most of us. I admire you very much for managing to live on your own. I found it next to impossible.
    It is definitely true that doing good acts for other people makes us happier. Is there a charity or political organisation you could join? One with human contact? As you enjoy teenagers or young people there could be many opportunities in that direction.
    It sounds as if you could be a bit depressed. Are you on anti depressives?
    I'm only saying all this because I've been there and I know I'm only a slip away from ending back there. When I was on my own my financial situation was precarious. I isolated myself. I could hardly get up in the morning. You are doing so much better than that! You have come a long way even since I've "known" you. Kudos on making some really big changes. Pat yourself on the back!

DDIL emailed yesterday with a date, 19th November, for a playdate with the DGC. We will have only about 4 hrs with them and then a meal with the parents, but it is worth the six hours travelling! ! ! ! <3 DGS is at school now, so we will be picking him up. DH pines away without his playmate! :laugh: Will probably Skype them this weekend.

Ah well, time to take DH his cup of tea! :love: With regard to morning routines, I could do NOTHING without DH. He gets me on those machines every morning! He'd better outlive me!

Heather UK
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Kim here is the recipe from Michele I knew you could help her.
    1pkg firm silken tofu ( I used extra firm)
    1&1/3 cups semisweet chocolate chips melted
    3 tbsp pure maple syrup ( can probably use honey or raw sugar. I used
    regular syrup)
    2 tbsp milk
    2 tsp cocoa powder
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    1/8 tsp salt
    8-1/2 inch ready made piecrust (graham or chocolate
    )
    Process all ingredients in food processor until completely smooth . pour
    into chocolate or graham cracker piecrust. Refrigerate uncovered 6 hrs to
    firm up.

Sharon - I am glad that DH's surgery went well! It's hard for me to decide on what color to paint the different rooms that I have to do. I wish I had that talent.

Heather- it is nice that you can look forward to a visit with DGC. I take whatever time I can get! Your DH sounds like such a gem!

Mary from Minnesota

• fanncy0626
    Options
    3:42 and I haven't slept yet! I hate being an insomniac!

Mary from Minnesota
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,369 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Barbie- I made a lot of Mac and cheese with tuna my kids loved it! Now my daughter and I add hot dogs. I still partake in my favorite foods occasionally. I don't care where it fits as long as I don't go over my calorie count!

Becca - if you feel like eating in the middle of the night write a post I'm usually up and will help you through it!

Mary from Minnesota

When I read this at first I thought it was Big Macs. Only just realised it was macaroni!

Dr Katie I could do with working on procrastination.

Janetr To private message, click on a person's user name to go to their profile, and then click on the little envelope at the top right.

Thanks for all the nice comments about my photos. I cropped and resized them on the laptop before posting them.

Irish Terri

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,799 Member
    Options
    morning ladies~
    I am still fighting a cold, im good for a day or 2 then back with the sneezies and cough... was in the office later in the afternoon with the troll, and she was sneezing,so dont know if she is passing stuff around or not...
    Happy Birthday Dr Katiebug!!!!
    Irish Terri~ you look wonderful!!!
    still debating on going down to see DFIL ,I could wear a mask but dont want to do that..
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Pip, that vw pic brings me back, mine was dark green and later i will try to describe learning how to drive the stick in the middle of traffic on the bw beltway! Oh to be young again!

I am interested in the connection of procrastination and weight loss, tell us more!

i am treasuring every meal prep moment with my kid and dh in the kitchen every nite, we share our day, laugh a lot, once you know things will change ( she goes to college in the fall) you treasure the simplest things. I used to dread this time of day, no energy or imagination to whip up a great meal and then deal with the mess, i used to hate it, now it is the best part of my day!
    A very wet couple of days ahead for us in the northeast, trying to stay ahead of.the leaves this weekend, and closing up the garden saturday.
    Love to all karen from ny
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,799 Member
    Options
    when I was growing up we had a vw bug, a grey one as that was the only color they had, think this one was an original from germany as it had a round gas pedal...
    we had a family that was friends of ours that at the time had 6 children, so we stuffed 12 people in a bug, can you believe it? looked like a carnival car with clowns getting out but it was fun
    well ,I am bressed and ready to go see DFIL, then home and get Toms dinner and take the puppies for a walk
  • oceanmelody
    oceanmelody Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Could somebody please tell me what page Irish Terri's pix are on? I missed them!
    Also count me in the VW bug cub. Ours was a red 1969 and that thing was so easy to park!
    Betty
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Figured I'd drop my before and afters - Many of those who've been around at least six months have seen the first one. At top left in the first photo set, I weighed 303 lbs. I had gastric bypass Sept. 26 of 2005. The last picture on the bottom right of that set, I weighed about 145, and was a flight attendant (and about to leave my now-ex-husband).

The second, smaller picture below it is from this year. On April 1, 2015, I weighed 210 pounds, and as of Oct. 1, I was at 169 pounds, so I've dropped a total of 41 pounds. Want to lose another 33, so that for one brief, shining moment, I can say I got back to a normal weight, and then want to stabilize and maintain in the 140 to 145-pound range. Right now, I'm itching to get down to 163 and move from "obese" to "overweight" status on the BMI charts!

Regards,
    Lisa in West Texas

Progression after bypass:
    o7g6mm0yn9nb.jpg

Looking at the pictures above and below, I believe that, as of April 1, I was at about the same weight as I was at the six-month mark after the bypass.

zkjxnlg9ubjv.jpg

• kimses2
    kimses2 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Lisa, you are fabulous and look it too. That's quite a journey.

Intentions for today:
    Meals are already planned and logged
    Exercise: 20 min upper body, 45 min elliptical
    Water: less than yesterday (was up 4 times last night)
    Other: work, get halloween costume ready, take cat to vet.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,090 Member
    Options
    Mindy prayers. It is so hard to watch and know what to do.

Lisa WOW!

DH is starting to breathe better. Unfortunately they believe the clots are formed because of cancer on his kidneys. We will not know the stage until they remove the tumor. Still reeling from the shock. His was so healthy a month ago. We learned this type of cancer is silent and often found like his was when they are testing for something else i.e. blood clots. He did not have blood in his urine that he could see or back pain these can be symptoms, too.

So once again life can change in an instant. All I can do is take the best care of myself that I can, so that it helps me weather the storms. Also learned to be an advocate for your health.

:heart: MNMargaret

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,369 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    bkrimpet wrote: »
    Could somebody please tell me what page Irish Terri's pix are on? I missed them!
    Also count me in the VW bug cub. Ours was a red 1969 and that thing was so easy to park!
    Betty

My pictures are on page 54. Which co-incidentally is the number of pounds I have lost. :)

Minis and bubble cars were the coveted cars when I was young. We even painted them with flowers in the 60s and 70s.

Lisa West Texas You have done well. I started at 220 and am now 166. Am also aiming for 140. Hoping to be there for my 70th birthday in April.

Mindy It's so difficult when our adult kids seem to be going off the rails. Adding drugs into the mix makes it doubly difficult. Let's hope she comes to her senses before too long!

MNMargaret Health is such a roller coaster for you and DH recently. So sorry to hear the latest news. Sending healing energy to you both for a good prognosis after surgery. Hoping that providence has caught it in time. (((Hugs)))

Irish
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Lisa, what a transformation! Good job!