WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2015

Options

Replies

• Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Barbie- I made a lot of Mac and cheese with tuna my kids loved it! Now my daughter and I add hot dogs. I still partake in my favorite foods occasionally. I don't care where it fits as long as I don't go over my calorie count!

Becca - if you feel like eating in the middle of the night write a post I'm usually up and will help you through it!

Mary from Minnesota

aw Mary the problem with that is that my husband shuts down the computer, and being that I was addicted to FACEBOOK I just don't go online. But thanks for the offer anyways friend!
    Becca
  • Annr
    Options
    @terri_mom I used to sing while waiting for the store to open (at 4:45am ) because the echo factor was great in the alcove front, and also because I was nervous being up that early out in the darkness. A lot of times I sing because I think my Mom and grandma are looking down from heaven and they always loved my singing. Always in the back rows of wherever I was performing at. And I think they still are.
    I am the same in meeting people. Go with the mindset that a stranger is a friend I haven't met yet. I still go thru life meeting a new person every day. Today I chatted with a lady in the laundromat that had spilled some milk on her chest front. We laughed how 90% of my stains are there, but still such a handy place to watch morning news and set your cereal bowl! hahaha!
    Becca
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,362 Member
    Options
    DJ - We don't drive, we go by train. Or rather, for next time it is a 20 min drive to the train station, a 1 hr 15 min train ride to London, then an underground journey across London with one interchange and finally an overground train out to the inner suburbs where DS lives. Then a ten minute walk to his house. Yikes! It would be simpler to go by car and DH doesn't mind driving, but I hate being driven, loathe motorways and driving around London and we wouldn't be able to have a glass of wine with them in the evening. If the train is running on time it can be enjoyable as I read on my tablet and listen to music on my headphones. DH and I often chat most of the way there and if we haven't already eaten at DS' s we enjoy our feast that we buy from the shops at the station for the journey home. I often indulge in a sushi orgy! Normally we can travel from our nearer, local station, but we plan on returning late this next time so we can eat dinner with them, so we will drive to the airport station where the trains run late at night. We will get home just before midnight. :D
    Can't wait! :love:

Must get the last of the daffodil bulbs in a pot tomorrow. I think the dahlia is just about done for the season. The gerberas are still going strong so don't want to turf them out yet.

Love Heather UK
  • Annr
    Options
    (((((((((cyber hugs to each and every one of you!!!))))))))))))

Today I weighed and I am still 230.6 lbs. Not in 220's quite yet, but sheeesh it needs to wander on down already!

Feel liberated with not attending my meeting today though. Tonight husband and I are attending a scary play at the historical Liberty Theater, so I'm excited about that. Shall wear all black, and look mysterious. Maybe I will get whispered to, because I have heard the theater is haunted!

Becca
    gal from Oregon glad to know ya all!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,720 Member
    Options
    Since we are talking about online dating, I would like to share an experience I had. I chatted with a guy online, then by phone and we agreed to go for coffee. He was disabled due to bone cancer in his knee, so he could not drive since a rod had been placed in his leg instead of a bendable knee. So I agreed to pick him up at his apartment. I rang the doorbell, and he answered it. Stark naked. And no, he wasn't a nudist. He was a flasher, and got arrested for flashing a child several years later. Needless to say, I am very wary of online dating. Some sites are better than others, but there seem to be a lot of perverts on there. I had good matches with eHarmony, but I did have TWO professional men (a lawyer and an oral surgeon) send me unsolicited nude photos of their privates.

I would have replied back with "LMFAO!!!, is that it??!!!!"
  • Sunnygirl_2015
    Sunnygirl_2015 Posts: 184 Member
    Options

(Guinea fowl tonight. Hooray! <3)
    Terri/ Heather Here they would be Cornish hens. Yummy!

MN Margaret- sending you hugs and prayers. Hoping for the best with DH cancer diagnosis.

Kim in No Cal- are you getting enough sleep? I feel as you have said when I'm bone tired from many nights of only 3-5 hrs of sleep.

I talk to people every where I go. I was raised in a small town so that maybe why.

My day has been okay. Work, errands, laundry, dinner then floors later. Got in 6k steps. Waiting for this low energy and little sleep time to pass.

Sending comfort and hugs to you all my friends.

❤️ Rosie in So Cal

• lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the comments on the picture progression, guys. It's hard to remember the 300-pound me--she was such an unhappy woman in so many ways. She believed it was only because she was so fat, but lo and behold, when I lost the weight, I was still me. In many ways, by having the bypass, I gave myself permission, finally, to become the person I always thought I could be. The weight transformation was honestly the least earthshaking change of those years--and it shook me to my foundations.

Anyway, Two hard physical days, 15,000 steps yesterday, 22,000 today (nine miles!), mowing a half-acre of tumbleweeds and mesquite bushes and rocks. We had it bushhogged in September, but it had grown back to over a foot high. Got a great buy on a mower, though. Someone had returned a $350 mower to Sears because they didn't like the new My Stride self-propelling mechanism. I loved it, it's really intuitive. Had only been used once, still even had gas and oil in it already, and only cost me $204.

The good part is that, as of this evening, I weigh what my ticker says again. I've lost seven pounds in two days, no joke. Just sweating it off. A couple of pounds will come back as I get rehydrated, but I've got two more days of hard work, and if I can get below 169 and stay there, I'll have made my goal to weigh less at the end of October than I did at the beginning. I know it's silly to focus on the numbers; it's just one of my more annoying tics. I tell myself, if I were perfect I'd just be annoying. :smiley:

Heather in the UK, so glad you're getting your pics where you want them!

I grew up with guinea hens. They lay small eggs, maybe half the size of a medium chicken egg, and much more triangular. The hens have a very distinctive call, my mother described it as "pot-rack," so it sounds like that to me. I've heard it described as "come back!" and "buck wheat!" as well. The eggs were good, but as Heather noted, the meat has a gamey flavor, and very little fat--which if you like that, they're great eating.

Here's a picture of one:
    yw1cldpry51f.jpg

And whoever said the kittens were becoming house kitties instead of working kitties nailed that on the head... so here's a picture of Mouse.

bj11wolwm2tp.jpg

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Annr wrote: »
    (((((((((cyber hugs to each and every one of you!!!))))))))))))

Today I weighed and I am still 230.6 lbs. Not in 220's quite yet, but sheeesh it needs to wander on down already!

Feel liberated with not attending my meeting today though. Tonight husband and I are attending a scary play at the historical Liberty Theater, so I'm excited about that. Shall wear all black, and look mysterious. Maybe I will get whispered to, because I have heard the theater is haunted!

Becca
    gal from Oregon glad to know ya all!

I have driven by the Liberty Theater many times but have never been inside. It looks like it could be beautiful in there. I hope you'll give us vivid descriptions. Have a great time.

Katla
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • bjkidfun
    bjkidfun Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    :/
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want the MOST for what they want at the MOMENT.

1056287i3zmwzup2m.gif Stats for today:
    17,000 steps
    173 minutes of dog walking
    30 minutes riding the exercise bike
    line dance class

:)DJ, it makes me so happy to hear that you are continuing with line dance. Do you have any favorite dances? Have you danced "Come Dance With Me"?

:)Kim, many people have suggested ways to meet people. My suggestions come from a time when my life was at its lowest and my friend told me to write a gratitude list each day, stay in the moment, and seek every opportunity to be active.

:)Pip, your shoulder looks great outside...I look forward to what the doctor has to say about the inside.

<3Margaret, I am sending hugs to you and your husband....staying in the moment and seeking good medical advice will help you navigate through this scary time.

One of the things my doctor recommended was that I wear foot splints at night to take some of the pressure off the nerve since she thinks I may have nerve compression syndrome. I saw the foot splints today and they are giant like a boot walking cast only open in the front. They look like a guaranteed way to not be able to sleep at all and they cost $100.00 for each foot and aren't covered by Medicare. So I e mailed my doctor and asked what happens if I don't wear them. I want to be open minded but this is challenging me to be so.

253149qtzkf0ld22.gifBarbie from beautiful NW Washingtont116008.gif

My word for 2015 is "now"---I won't wallow in the past or waste time worrying about the future

• pipcd34
    Options
    stat for the day:
    Spin at hm- 60min, 120ahr, 140mhr = 456cal
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Margaret so glad DH went to doctor and found out what was causing his breathing problems. My dad had blood clots in his legs and took medication from discovery until he passed on. Hugs to DH and you and prayers for his recovery.

Gloria
  • nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Hi, all! I've skimmed through the 126 posts so I'm sort of caught up.

Margaret - So sorry about your husband's health news! Hugs and prayers!

Kim - Your post could have been mine. I don't seem to fit anywhere. I finally decided that I was born a hexagon in a world of square holes. I truly do empathize. If you find the answers, please let me know!

So...online dating. I had dinner with a guy Saturday night. Chemistry was zip! Chatted online with a guy last night--boring!! He might be more interesting to actually talk to. Talked on the phone with guy #3. He was a hoot!! We're going to try to meet next week. I can't say that I'm necessarily having loads of fun, but it is kind of interesting.

The boy child came home on the train last Friday and has still not gone back to school. I think he is scared about driving but he swears he's not. Regardless, his IBS has flared which has been his excuse.

I am all packed (except for those last minute things) for my trip to the coast for some respite for my body and soul. I will hit the road as soon as I can get away from work tomorrow and come back on Sunday. I even have my grocery list for when I get on the island!

Next weekend is when my friend is getting married so I have planned a trip to the mountains since I can not bring myself to be happy for the event. The wedding itself is family only, but there is to be a blessing/reception at church the following day and I simply don't have the wherewithal to smile through it. I am retreating to where my soul feels most at peace.

Pip - Your shoulder looks SO much better!

Mary - I am not quite ready for full-on winter yet!

I'm one of those who could use some real life hugs. That's one of the things I miss my friend so much for.

My grandmother had a flock of guineas at one time. I don't remember any particular taste, just that I was fascinated by their tiny eggs. And, they were LOUD!

I think of each of you and hold you iny thoughts.

Carol in NC
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,394 Member
    Options
    Miriam - wow is all I can say about your "date". Did he really have a rod in his leg or was that just a story to get you to his place?

Becca - I bet you're going to look fantastic!

Lisa - thanks for the pictures. I didn't realize that' what a guinea hen looked like. Oh, Mouse is so so cute. You can't put him to work, now

Carol in NC - boy, you sure are coming out of your shell. Wonderful, girl! Have a great trip!

Michele in NC
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    janetr7476 wrote: »
    janetr- YOU need to tell me your phone number and the best time to call and I will sing to YOUUUU.. In a private message maybe. I shall even call you on my 1957 rotary phone! If that isn't a good deal then I shall have to sing on my walk in your honor! Singing opera to the seagulls.. :-)
    Becca

Oh, yes. I will so do that. I'm not sure how to private message, but I'll figure it out. :) What a terrific special surprise for my 66th.

Janetr OKC

Tell me what day friend!! Just go to HOME page and up top is the mail symbol, click that and just send me a message like an email, but using Annr :-) I shall practice vocalizing this weekend for sure!
    Becca
    opera diva..in
    Oregon

Will do. I am so excited. :)

Janetr OKC
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    Since we are talking about online dating, I would like to share an experience I had. I chatted with a guy online, then by phone and we agreed to go for coffee. He was disabled due to bone cancer in his knee, so he could not drive since a rod had been placed in his leg instead of a bendable knee. So I agreed to pick him up at his apartment. I rang the doorbell, and he answered it. Stark naked. And no, he wasn't a nudist. He was a flasher, and got arrested for flashing a child several years later. Needless to say, I am very wary of online dating. Some sites are better than others, but there seem to be a lot of perverts on there. I had good matches with eHarmony, but I did have TWO professional men (a lawyer and an oral surgeon) send me unsolicited nude photos of their privates.

I would have replied back with "LMFAO!!!, is that it??!!!!"

PIP, you crack me up. Wish I was that quick witted. Lol

Janetr OKC
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Hello Friends,
    As usual, it’s taken me 6 days to catch up after taking a 3 day business trip to Ohio. We are a chatty group. I’m going to be home for the next 2 weeks, so you’ll see me around here more. DH has appointment next week with his melanoma and plastic surgeon. He’s at a point with his porous memory that I just can’t let him go alone. First, he’d never find the office and, second, won’t remember half of what the doctors told him. ;)

I’m looking forward to home cooking, too. Just got a fancy pressure cooker. Will do a test run tomorrow with a simple black bean soup recipe. So much to learn...

Miriam: My heart breaks for you on the loss of your furbaby. :'( But what a wonderful thing you did to rescue her. To me there is no heaven without our beloved pets. Hugs.

Dr. Katie: Belated happy birthday. Make it a GREAT year.

Linda: Cleaning off your desk at home must feel good. Before MFP I was the queen of processed and convenience heat and eat foods. It was the many fine and creative cooks on this thread that inspired me to get into the kitchen and make healthier meals from scratch.

Irish Terri: Remarkable transformation. BRAVO!

Terri_mom: My boyfriend, Gym. Love it. “He” and I have a date every morning around 5:00 and I cherish that quiet time together. Thank your friend for me.

Michele: How I wish I had your knack for using coupons and finding sales. Way to go at Hamricks.

Becca: Channeling Ester Williams!!! LOL.

Lisa: Great job losing all the freshly gained pounds. You got this. Your ‘before and after’ series speaks volumes. Picture of Mouse melts my heart.

Barbie: Mars is quite happy for Bernie getting more windows. He’d also like me to tell you that a couple of strategically placed bird feeders would make those windows his very own Cat big screen TV.

Kim: Chin up, girlfriend. Today’s cash flow doesn’t control your destiny. You have many other assets that can be used to attract positive and loving people into your life, but it must be intentional and with an abundance mindset. Turn on those magnets and manifest what you want in this life with the same confidence and commitment you’ve put into your health regime. Sure wish I lived closer to you so we could hang out…. Hugs.

MNMargaret: Sending up prayers for swift and complete recovery for DH. Your story gives me pause and reason to be thankful for every day of good health. <3

Pip: Looking good!

Heather: Glad you have the new tablet working and you’re gaining confidence with your new technology.

Mary: SNOWWWWW-NOOOOOO! I can see it in the mountains, but hope it stays in the high country for another few months. Sorry you can’t sleep. I was an insomniac all through my 20’s.

DJ: You never cease to amaze me with your energetic and thoughtful posts. And I just LOVE your gifs.

CarolNC: Good for you for getting out on dates. Glad you have a retreat planned. Please feel the virtual (((((hug)))) I’m sending you.

It’s 9:00 PM and I’m ready for sleep. I’ve been getting up around 4:40 every morning to get in more exercise. Every little bit helps. Take care, friends. Stay strong. We can do this.

Rori
    Colorado Foothills

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Miriam- LOL I bet it was scary at the time!

Carol NC - you be careful! I'm sorry you feel sad about your friend. (((hugs)))

Sylvia- thanks for the laugh!

I'm going to stay up late on purpose tonight. My DH will go to bed at the normal time. I'm going to stay up and do things that I normally do during the day. I will go to bed at around 12:00. I am going to get up at 7:00 to an alarm. I am going to try to reprogram my sleep schedule.

Have a great night everyone!

Mary from Minnesota