WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2015

Options

Replies

• GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Irish Terry - Awesome transformation!

Reading everything but haven't taken notes so will have to do a generalized prayers to those who need them, hugs to those who need them (especially those who have no one else at home to give you your needed at least 5 a day), high fives to those who have been losing and/or maintaining.

I will be reading posts but may not have time to post like I have been as I search for a new home. I'm changing my calories from losing 2 lbs a week to maintenance for awhile. I think it's the best thing for me to do right now. After I get settled into wherever I'm going I will change back to calories to lose weight.

I will jump in when I can so you don't forget me! <3
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Gloria - There is no way will forget you, you will be in our hearts and and minds. You have my utmost respect and admiration. I can't imagine what it would be like to have charge of two young grandsons and be in the situation you have been placed in to find a home for your little family. Take care of yourself, but please do check in occasionally so that we know you are ok. (((Hugs))) and prayers that God will put you in the perfect place for you and the boys.

Janetr OKC
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Gloria - we will be praying for you and your family. Keep in touch when you can.

Mary from Minnesota
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    u73ojpikn9ym.jpeg

I :heart: this!
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Margaret, so sorry about your husband. But I just love it the way God works. He had you working in a school that had a woman who could empathize with you and give you some hope.

Mary, That tree sure is gorgeous but that white stuff on the ground I am just not ready to see yet. I guess that's why I don't live up there. My Dad was born and raised in Albert Lea MN and left for college and never moved back. I have one cousin who chose to stay up there but all the rest of the family moved away.

Becca, I think you must be the happiest person I know!

DJ, I don't know if my closet I go to is big enough for the two of us!!!!

That guinea hen is the funniest animal I have ever seen. It just looks like a balloon with feathers and a weird head.
    Now the turkeys being bred, I can imagine that they would sound different. they don't have to go hunting to have sex. It is just brought to them.

Joyce, Indiana
  • GloworminWA
    Options
    oops DrKatieBug Happy Belated Birthday! 469367makfzcur9b.gif
  • dreamwriter
    dreamwriter Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Lisa - What a journey you have been on! Thanks for sharing your pics.

Margaret - I am sorry to hear your news. Praying for your DH and for you. Wrap your arms around yourself and give yourself a hug from me. My heart aches for you.

Pip - The shoulder is looking so much better. It's been a long haul but you are a trooper.

Mary - The snow makes for a nice photo but please keep it there. I am not ready for that.

Kim - I hope you find something/someone to help you feel connected. Enjoy your time with the nephew.

Becca - Did you get whispered to?

Day of feed back sessions. I did 3 and they all went surprisingly well. Once again I was called on to teach one of the new managers something. At least she is willing to listen to me and respects that I have some knowledge.

Chico has been going crazy every time I come through the door. Oh, the circles he turns. Tonight he wanted to play and play and play.

Picked up DGD from day care and took her to the hospital with me. She was exceptionally good. We visited with Grandpa then shared dinner in the cafeteria with her Dad.

Larry is doing really well. I think he overdid the walking today and had to ask for more pain killers. He should be home before the weekend.

-Sharon
  • GloworminWA
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Oh Margaret I am so sorry about DH's latest diagnosis. I can only imagine how hard it must have hit you as I myself felt a physical jolt as I read your post. Please know that I am praying for you and DH. <3
  • Lagopus
    Lagopus Posts: 1,016 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    u73ojpikn9ym.jpeg
    Thanks, Sylvia. The editor in me got a tremendous kick out of this one! :D

Margaret - I'm truly sorry to hear about all the turmoil in your lives right now. I hope your husband's condition improves and that the cancer was caught early. My husband's aunt lost a kidney to cancer long before I met her and did just fine for decades.

Lisa - I knew gastric bypass could help people lose weight. I wasn't aware that it made them 20 years younger. ;)

I woke up this morning feeling exhausted. These courses always take it out of me but I don't start feeling it until toward the end of the week. Come Saturday I'll want to sleep in all day. But I won't! When the courses are over I'll be visiting the grandchildren. No rest for the wicked >:) Still, my left hip is trying to tell me something about how daft I am to up the jogging overnight from two miles three times a week to five miles a day, so I may simply walk to the lecture venue today.

Oh, one of my students yesterday mentioned she had lived in northern Norway for a while. Although she intended to take the last little hop up to Svalbard, she never made it and regretted it to this day. For her sake, I arranged a slide show after the last lecture yesterday and anybody who wanted could stay on and watch. Over half the students did, and they appear to have enjoyed it a lot. :)
    /Penny, not back at the emoticon-object-026.gif until Monday
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    morning ladies~
    well I got up at 2 am .so 6 1/2 hrs sleep.. we are getting the remnants of Patricia here ,so sheets of rain all night.. we have a small leak in the roof, so bucket is under that and where are hatchway door is to the basement,water seeps through the cement and into the basement....so have the sump pump set up and hopefully I wont have to swab the decks all day..
    going out to see DFIL this morning and then off to take care of Faith, then home, pellet stove people to be here between 12-4.. my SIL faxed infor I need for DFIL so will get paperwork together to drop off at the nursing home closer to us so that he will be on the waiting list there, it is only 2 blocks from here,and when I walk ,go past it all the time.. here is hoping that he wont be on the waiting list to long...
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Joyce- how much warmer is Indiana during the winter?

Sharon- I'm glad that your DH is doing well! It'll be nice to get him home and back to normal.

Penny- 2 miles up to 5 that is a huge leap! I hope your hip feels better! You do lead a very interesting life.

Allison - you just got up I'm just going to bed hopefully! 2 blocks away would be a nice walk to visit your DFnL. Can you bring your dog up to visit? We'll all send prayers or good thoughts your way that you will have a short wait.

I am heading off to bed. 2:00 here. I have the alarm set for 7:00 and will get up no matter what.

Mary from Minnesota
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,382 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    October Goals

Week 4 Update 28/10/2015

Start weight: 220lbs (Spring 2014)
    Current weight: 167lbs
    Goal weight: 163lbs (for 31/10)
    Weight: 166
    Weight lost: 1 lb

Daily goals:
    :star: Pre-log/follow through 7/7
    :star: balance carbs/protein/fat 7/7
    :star: 8+ cups liquids 7/7
    :star: 30+ minutes each Strength/flexibility 7/7
    :star: 6000+ steps daily 7/7
    :star: finish eating at 9pm weekdays 5/7
    :star: finish eating at 10pm weekends 1/2
    :star: post daily goals/progress - Just for Today 7/7
    :star: post progress - No Late Night Snacking 7/7
    :star: complete Hogwarts challenges 7/7
    :star: Post weekly progress reports here :sunglasses:

I am off to work my way through the posts and will be back later :) I am at page 58 :sweat_smile:

smiley-happy110.gif

:heart: (((Hugs))) and prayers for those who need them. :heart:

:star: Welcome to our Newbies! You will find a warm support team here! :star:

:star: Each one of us is a vital cog in an infinite universe. :star:
    We may not know our purpose, but each cog needs to be oiled and tended.

:heart: May peace and joy shine on your day! :heart:

smiley-happy110.gif

Irish
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Yes the rod for a knee was real. No, it wasn't scary. I have worked on inpatient psych wards and in institutions, so my reaction was not "normal". I just told him to hurry up and get his clothes on. And we did go out for coffee. But I figured out pretty quickly that he had a major issue with the flashing thing. Still trying to figure out how that would develop in a person. Like I said, I am far too accepting of bad behavior in others so it was smart to quit dating.
  • kimses2
    kimses2 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Good morning--
    Mary -- on the bright side, that's a very pretty tree. But I'm not ready for it either. I miss the summer.

Met my goals yesterday.
    Weigh in today and down 2.5 which I'm happy with since it's my first week and I was vigilant.
    Intentions for today:
    Elliptical for 60 min (too rainy and gloomy to leave the house today)
    Plan all food this morning
    Busy work day so that will be about it.

Feeling out it so will just put one foot in front of the other and just "do it" .

• terri_mom
    terri_mom Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    xp7svpdxwpt6.jpeg
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,382 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    terri_mom wrote: »
    xp7svpdxwpt6.jpeg

Rotfl :mrgreen:

Mary from Minnesota I did that a few nights ago. I get that nesting instinct once in a while. DH was chuffed,when he got up because all his morning jobs were done!

Gloria Thanks for your kind words, Hun! It's understandable that you have to concentrate on finding a settled place. I will miss your regular posts. Please do post when you can. I hope that you find what you need for your family soon. :heart:

Penny We all push ourselves too hard at times, but it's probably the reason we hit our goals, eventually. You were so good to do that slide show for your students. That was a nice touch which I am sure they appreciated. Enjoy the time with your grandkids. Two of mine have flown the nest, but I am hoping to have the youngest visiting for Hallowe'en.

Miriam You certainly lead an interesting life. I think you made a wise decision on that frog!

Kimses Congrats on the loss! :star:

I was disappointed with my meagre weight loss this month until I looked at my records.
    I have actually lost 3lbs this month, plus 1.5" off waist and 1" off hips, so
    :sunglasses: doing the full Riverdance :sunglasses:

Irish s8ckaka0hjhq.jpg
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    Poerava14 wrote: »

Barbie: Mars is quite happy for Bernie getting more windows. He’d also like me to tell you that a couple of strategically placed bird feeders would make those windows his very own Cat big screen TV.

Rori
    Colorado Foothills

:) Rori, I hadn't thought about bird feeders but when you mentioned it, I realized that our neighbors have a bird feeder outside their window that faces our house (they have cats) so maybe Bernie will be able to see it and enjoy it, too.

• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Boy are we a chatty group. Just read back to page 54 in order to get caught up!

I find myself in a bit of a funk at the moment. Can't really identify why but trying to stay on track none the less. Under a bit of stress with husband still on the job search since Feb. and he knows by January he will be out of a job. Having to talk daughter off a ledge everyday at her job in Chicago. With her disabilities the stress is getting to her and trying to convince her it is better to be employed than not....oy vey! Tried to explain to husband what it is like for me to be the only one in our family with "normal brain chemistry" puts a lot of pressure/stress on me as the one to keep the 3 of them who have diagnosed mental issues in line with one another. The inability of the 3 of them to show empathy towards the others is so sad for me and makes relationships so difficult.

Rant over. Sitting in front of my new light box doing 30 minutes of light therapy to help get me through my winter doldrums. The sun is shining after a very rainy day yesterday so I will dress and go for a walk. Got bananas ripening on the counter here so will make some banana nut bread later.

Prayers and good thoughts to all those in need today. We are on a journey here, it's called life, and we can only do our own best to navigate through its peaks and valleys.

zicghbw8fcho.jpg

Okay, well maybe not pizza?!

Cheri in sunny NE Ohio
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,096 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Gloria good luck in your home search. Prayers that you find a good place quickly.

Sylvia thanks for the story about your DH. Poster LOL.

Joannie and Cynthia thank you for sending me messages via the e-mail.

Cheri love the poster.

Terri we are strong!

Irish Terri agree!

Choir went better last night. Another first soprano came last night that I met in my subbing. She is a delight.

Now that DH is on blood thinners he feels much better. We will learn on next Wed how this will effect how they treat the cancer.

:heart: Margaret

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,363 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

Sympathy for all of you with family communication problems - Rori, Cheri, and others on here. It must be hard when lines are blocked or muddled.
    My elder son is severely depressed and had to cancel coming to DH's birthday weekend at the last minute because of a major panic attack that kept him hiding in his house all weekend. :'( I cope with it because he lives quite far away and is a terrible communicator. I do worry. If he doesn't reply to emails, texts etc I start to panic. I suspect that he is a bit Aspergers, but there is a lot of mental illness in his inheritance. I used to be severely depressed for years at a time.
    We can't help worryingabout family members, but I try to rememberthat he is his own person and a grown up. I certainly can't do it for him.

Rori - I feel for you. You have such a demanding job and life. At the party I sat next to a friend's wife who has some memory issues. I had to tell her at least ten times who DH's daughters were. :'(

My friend just texted to set up a meeting. We are going to have lunch tomorrow at the local pub. It will be raining so we won't walk there.

Love to all. Heather X X X X UK