WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2015

Options

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want the MOST for what they want at the MOMENT.

1056287i3zmwzup2m.gif Stats for today:
    16,000 steps
    135 minutes of dog walking
    81 minutes riding the exercise bike
    line dance class

:)Kim, the first step is to find out what's wrong before finding a solution....physical therapy sounds a lot better than surgery or putting up with pain for the rest of my life...I hope you'll keep looking for free opportunities for fun and meeting people

:)Vicki, congrats on the new winter coat...with your weight loss, you deserve something special

:)Michele, I often fall asleep while watching TV except when I'm riding the exercise bike

:)Mindy, what great scenery and what a sad dog

:)Carol, how great to be able to walk on the beach

Right now since hubby and I are both aching, we are sleeping in separate rooms, so when I can't sleep, I can turn on the light and read. Sometimes I fall back to sleep with the light still on. I've gotten a lot of reading done lately.

253149qtzkf0ld22.gifBarbie from beautiful NW Washingtont116008.gif :)
  • kimses2
    kimses2 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Reading through the posts, my heart goes out to those having family issues. I am struck by the fact that you come here and post and try your best to take care of yourselves in the midst of painful situations...much to be commended.

It was a busy work day for me. Missed lunch which isn't good to do because it screws everything up. Still on track though. 60 minutes on the elliptical.
    Feeling kind of poopish tonight so am going to head to bed early.

See you tomorrow.

Kimses in MA
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening Ladies,

Barbie, I do watch line dance videos sometimes but probably need to do it more. I’m glad you will get your nerve test soon.

Vicki, what fun to try on clothes in smaller sizes. Glad you had fun. That is sad about the lady in your group. I hope she will be okay.

MicheleNC, good for you on the Office Max coupon. I’ll gladly save $4 any time I can. They all add up.

Mindy, I can’t believe anyone would say a word to you about trying to get some sleep when you had been up with your parents into the wee hours of the night!!! Your pictures are beautiful even if I’m not ready for fall. Well except the one where someone got into the trash. Lol

Joyce, I hope the doctor’s appointment goes well.

Carol, beautiful picture. What beach are you visiting? Have a ball!!!

We had a yummy dinner of Salmon, baked broccoli and cauliflower and oven baked thin sliced potatoes. It was an absolutely beautiful day in SC. It should be great weather here for the kids to Trick or Treat on Saturday. When I was little I didn’t like it when it was cold enough to need a coat over our costumes. Of course in the southern tip of Texas it was rarely that cold by then. I can’t believe another month is almost over. It seems like the year just started and I’m buying Christmas presents.

Quote for the day:

There should be a calorie refund for things that didn’t taste as good as you expected them to.smiley-sad056.gif

I hope all of you have a healthy and happy day. rose.gif

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, smiley-love013.gif
    DJ
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,709 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:
    spin- 35min, 84ar, 80aw, 10-12g, 116ahr, 132mhr, 14.5mi = 261c
    walk dome 2 him - 41.29min, 3.7amph/pace, 104ahr, 139mhr, 2.5mi = 268c
    total cal 529

ar = average revolutions -how fast i'm pedaling per minute
    aw = average watts -how much power i'm putting out per minute
    g or ag = average gear -on spin bike, they are 1-24
    ahr = average heart rate
    mhr = maximum heart rate
  • pipcd34
    Options
    purdy pics! nite peeps. gotta pack and need 2 get up early
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    mtowne002: Your street, house, and "naughty" dog are gorgeous. What a lovely home! :flowerforyou:

Carol: The beach seems to be your special place. What a lovely photo! It makes me feel good just to look at it. Have a good time. :flowerforyou:

DJ: There should be a calorie refund for things that didn’t taste as good as you expected them to.
    There is a refund if it is so bad that you throw up. Otherwise, there is a lesson. :ohwell: :noway:

Today the VW dealer replaced my faulty navigation system. Now I have to load in all my addresses again. If the system works as it should, it will be worth the effort. They were nice about it, and it was an expensive part. It passed my first test & took me to the destination I asked for without any flaws. :bigsmile:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

October Goals :
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week. Work on flexibility and back strength.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least three glasses of water daily, preferably more!
    5. Eliminate alcohol.
    6. Monitor sleep. Try to average 7 or more hours of sleep nightly.

30881843.png
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Michele – I love coupons I can save so much it’s amazing

Mary – I do even need to watch my driving -our gas cost is down I paid $2.58 which was great so many things are 40+ miles away

Mindy – how beautiful

My computer keyboard is acting up grr
    October Goals -
    Attend yoga each wednesday evening
    Walk everyday - increase over 140 - would like to see 160 miles
    continue counseling and hold my weight where it is as I deal with my current set of emotional issues
    weekly fun things
    W1 – hike, high school football
    W2- go to Angels Camp to visit a friend, high school football
    W3-
    W4
    Kim from N. California
  • bjkidfun
    bjkidfun Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    :)
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    http://www.liberty-theater.org/virtual-tour.php

There ya go Katla! The event was more a thriller "radio show" than a play. Four actors up front and us in chairs. An intimate crowd, not many of us. Held in the "McTavish rooms" which is area remodled behind the balcony of the theater on the second floor. At one point the only light was a candle that was burning on stage...Spooky!

I wore my "black attire" and I felt SPOOKY. I tried to channel anyone in the bathroom but didn't feel anything. There is suppose to be a lady that haunts the women's bathroom, but I think I was in the wrong bathroom. HA HA!
    Becca
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Kim - I live in a small town so try to stay around home. Everything else is about an hour away. How about a roommate?

Mary from Minnesota
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Someone posted that they think I am the happiest person they know....I almost choked on my coffee!! I think I mentally "woke up" when my husband got his new liver. Second chances and looking at life from death's door, you see a whole new perspective of your life. I shall never forget how my life was....when I woke up not knowing how my husband would be, functioning pretty well, or a man that I would have to help to walk. I equate it to living with an alcoholic, because I still had my teenager to keep positive with life, and not freak out about our strange situation. A couple of years of just not feeling anything really. It was easy to "just not go there" mentally then to constantly break down.

So now I feel like I can breathe again. That my husband is his true self, as well as I am. No masking of feelings. Say what I mean and mean what I say, that is how I am living my life. It feels good honestly.

To all of you with struggles, troubles with family, remember one important thing YOU. I have a sister that I haven't talked to since June, and even then it was a couple of sentences. It pangs me to know she doesn't wish to have me in her life, that other priorities are more important than me. I shall always love her, but sometimes it feels like she has passed or something. I have lost track in how many messages I have left her. So my door is open, and my heart hurts some days, but by letting her set the tone, I take care of ME most importantly. I cannot change her, nor help her but I can help ME in learning to not let it take over my life.

We women are naturally FIXERS and regulators of the world. That carries so much stress for us though. So the only real thing we can do is be there for people we care about, and let them find their own solutions and answers in their lives.

Becca

Oh this morning my scale read 232....sheeesh 2 lbs up? I eat like a clean machine, and swim like I am being chased by JAWS yet still....aaargh...frustrating...:-)

• janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Mindi - I am in LOVE with your street and house. Not too sure about pig at this point. Lol. Thanks for sharing the pics.

Janetr OKC
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Carol - breathtaking. Thanks for sharing.

Janetr OKC
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Mindy, it looks like your awful pig just got the whole package and unrolled it all. Naughty thing. I love the colors. Is your house old. The planks on your floor look real wide. I would imagine the view out your back door is better than the front.

Carol, I think I can hear that soft sound of the ocean surf in the evening. That is an awesome picture. It's a beautiful place to visit but I don't know how people live there under the constant threat of storms.

Bummer of all bummers. I have to get up at 8 AM tomorrow and call the doctor. Barbie, Allison and all you other early risers you guys give me the mental strength. and I know that I will be sitting on hold at 8AM.

DirectV has an free HD pack this weekend and I recorded a movie off Hallmark mystery movies. That made me miss Project Runway. I'll have to catch the abbreviated version of it next week.

Penny, will you give us that slide show also???? You could really get the tourism up and booming with your descriptions and pictures.

Joyce, Indiana
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    A couple of you have mentioned problems with your pictures with Windows 10. I was reading about Windows 10 to decided whether or not I want to convert. First thing I learned was that if you don't like it you can convert back to your old version for free. Also I remember reading something about windows media or one of the other programs used for pictures not being included in W10. I'll look for the info again and let you know where to look. The article said something about a separate download and it didn't sound like it was always free. I haven't converted to W10 because I have a recurring problem with my hard drive and don't want to put any strain on it to crash before I can get it changed.

Carol how wonderful to be able to get away on your own! Where do you stay at the beach and in the mountains? Any place special? Hope you come back renewed.

All of you CA girls what cities or towns do you live in? Kim I know how expensive it is there now. Compared to WA rents are MUCH higher. What I pay $1000 for here would be $2-3K there. Thanks for the invite over to your place - I'll be going down sometime next year to visit my Mom in SoCal so I'm guessing I might make some stops along the way to meet as many of you as I can - that would also include my OR friends!

Haven't been able to get out and look at housing yet as the boys have been on half day all week due to P/T conferences.

Off to finish reading - caught up last night and have one more page to go tonight 308263m7wim5ii3s.gif
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,803 Member
    Options
    morning friends~
    Pip and Kirby~ have a wonderful trip...
    Mindy~ love your home, and lucky my pups cant get into the trash, never have... peed on furniture yes,,pooped in the house yes, no trash....
    I have not been exercising and have been eating junk..i have thrown myself under the bus...
    I have been thinking and doing for everyone else,and have to get a grip and get back into the swing of things...
  • pipcd34
    Options
    morning peeps -

up, *kitten* showered and shaved, checking in. 1st time going thru the airport with a metal plate, we'll see how it goes.
    i'll try 2 keep posting. type to ya later peeps!
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,803 Member
    Options
    the guys finally showed up to price out installation of pellet stove, we are between a rock and a hard place.. they said they could use the piping that is already there but would but a sleeve inside ,now get this just to do this and hook up to the back of the pellet stove is 750.00 really? we both think it is a rip off, but again we cant let it go, and God knows what the roof repair is going to cost :o
    well Tom will be off to Florida in a couple of weeks for 8 days, so I will get a break...
  • kimses2
    kimses2 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Becca -- well said.

Intentions for the day:
    -Plan meals
    -Work
    -Get out for a walk. I'm not sure how much time I'll have because I'm backed up with work, but I have to take a break so a 30 min walk is my commitment. If I can do more, all the better.

Big halloween party tonight. I'm going as Paula Deen. But darn if she didn't lose a lot of weight. So I'll be the old Paula Deen. Or...I may borrow my son's gorilla costume but that thing looks pretty hot (not in the sexy way either).

About the party tonight, there will be food there. I really don't want to be afraid of food. It's like it's going to ambush me and I have no control over it. I know the tools and will have to spend some time thinking about them before I go. Starting with a big salad before leaving the house.

Happy Friday.

Kimses in MA

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,092 Member
    Options
    Mindy love the fall colors.

Carol how relaxing.

DH is starting to feel better as the medicine is starting to work. He does have a relative who now manages this condition that causes the blood clotting with diet and exercise. DH's barber also had kidney cancer and went to this same doctor we will see on Wednesday.

Becca I agree with you. I shut the door on the negative. I find something beautiful to enjoy everyday. I also use breathing and calming techniques to help me stay as Barbie says in the NOW.

DH was able to go to over half of the ghost gangster tour at the Landmark Center. We went last year. Hearing the stories again was fun. He was just happy to get out of the house.

:heart: Margaret