Options

Replies

• GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
  • miakoda40
    miakoda40 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Sylvia – I think I could benefit from your “Art as a Business” workshop. I should look around to see if there is such a thing in my area.

Awwwww. Your DGS is so sweet.

Miriam – Yikes on the fleas! I haven’t noticed any, but now I feel a strong urge to break out the flea comb when I get home just to be certain.

Mia in MI

October goals:
    Continue to honestly log food every day
    Weigh and measure all food that I prepare at home
    Get at least 15 min per day of aerobic exercise
    64 oz. water (or what counts as water for my program) daily

Word for the month - PERSEVERE

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,355 Member
    Options
    When I was a child we had two cats. One year we went on holiday and took the cats to a cattery. The bedrooms were shut up. When we returned after three weeks my mother went into the bedroom and came out black from the knees down! :noway:

Heather UK
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    I'm with Mary, can't sleep. Went to bed a 1:00 am, got up at about 3:30. Fitbit says I slept 2 hours, 27 minutes. I had a headache but was afraid to take any pain meds cuz they seem to give me the headache if I'm not careful. I drank two cups of coffee took a Tylenol and went back to sleep just after 5:00 and woke up just before 7:00. I take Ambien to go to sleep and I usually go to sleep quickly but obviously, I don't stay asleep. Hoping the cycle breaks shortly.

I guess Jack is not going to get to come home tomorrow as he had hoped. Maye the first of the week.

Janetr OKC
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    :)DJ, "Come Dance With Me" is the dance I use to end my class every week. For our Halloween theme class tomorrow we'll dance it to "This is Halloween". For the holiday program at the assisted living places and convalescent hospitals, we'll dance it to "A Holly Jolly Christmas" sung by Lady Antebellum. I've taught "San Antonio Stroll" to my class on and off for a few years. The great dances never go out of style. Do you ever watch line dance videos at home to help you learn the dances you're learning in class?

:)Mary, what helped me change my sleeping habits was to make a gradual change----5-10 minutes at a time, staying with the new time for a week or more before going to bed and getting up 5-10 minutes earlier than that, and so on until now I go to bed around 7:30 and read for awhile so I can get up around three AM to walk the dogs.

I found out today that there has been a referral sent for me to see a doctor about an hour away from where I live for a nerve conduction test....I'll know in a few days when the appointment will be.

253149qtzkf0ld22.gifBarbie from beautiful NW Washingtont116008.gif

My word for 2015 is "now"---I won't wallow in the past or waste time worrying about the future

146200.png

“The secret of contentment is knowing how to enjoy what you have, and to be able to lose all desire for things beyond your reach."-- Yutang Lin

• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    <3
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Barbie - thanks for the explanation on how you changed your sleep time. I really need to attempt to do something. I can't take Ambien because I get up and do things for hours while I am on it and don't know that I did it. Last night worked out pretty good. I think I will stay on this time schedule for a week like you suggest. It's nice that your appointment is somewhat close to home.

Janetr - I am sorry to hear that Jack will not be able to come home tomorrow. I think a lot of us ladies have trouble sleeping at night.

Mary from Minnesota
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday, my first day back at work and nothing has changed. Not sure what I expected. Did enjoy my time off and weigh in this morning I lost. So all in all it was a good vacation. I am so behind on posts that will do my best to catch up. Last evening we went out and got me a new winter coat. First one I have had in years as been wearing a hand me down and it is way to big. It was fun trying on the different styles and not having to buy the largest one.

Margaret--Sure hope DH is doing better. How scary to have the doctor not figure it out the first time. Sending prayers and hugs. I agree life can change in the blink of an eye and no going back.

Gail--Good to see you back. Hope things get better with your balance.

Meg--We went to Arkansas to a CMA rally. A lot of fellowship and worship. Just what I needed. We drove down with 3 other people and that was fun. Stopped at Percious Moments in Missouri on the way home. Beautiful place and I didn't know the story and find that interesting. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Barbie--Pray you are feeling better.

Miriam--Sending Hugs for your loss. They have a way of getting into our hearts.

Joyce--glad Charlie is getting stronger.

Katiebug--Happy Happy B-lated birthday!! Those studies sound interesting, how do I find them on facebook?

Barbie--We sleep with the bar of soap under the sheet and I do think it helps. Not sure how and I heard it was to be dial soap.

Sharon--Glad DH is doing well after surgery. Glad you two are becoming closer.

thanks for sharing the before and after pictures. I keep thinking I should get mine figured out. DH put the pictures from our trip on the computer and now can not figure out how to post them or get them sent to print. This windows 10 is more problems then it's worth.

Mindy--Sending prayers and hugs. It is so hard to see our children make the wrong choices, all we can do is pray for them and love them.

Well I am up to middle of page 58. Started from Monday not sure I will even try and go back for the week I missed. I am having trouble getting my mind together. So much going on. A lady in our CMA group got sick while down in Arkansas, some kind of break down. He DH got her back to Nebraska and to the psychiatic hospital. He asked us to go with him Monday evening to visit her. She has always been pretty quite, but when we walked in she yelled my name and grabbed me in a hug. Not sure what happened and must say I was pretty upset when we left. Keeping her and her DH in our prayers. Have a good rest of the day or night. Thank you each for being here and not giving up.

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND-NE

October Goals
    1. Weigh less at the end of the month then at the beginning.
    2. Log every bite.
    3. Stress less, Pray more
    4. Enjoy everyday. Look for the positive
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Miriam – What a experience! Your response was funny as it was not what was expected.

Rosie – I’m lucky, I sleep well, usually between 7.5 and 8 hours a night, and according to my fitbit I do most of those without moving around. But it was a good thought!

Barbie – that is a good idea, sometimes in the dumps is a place with no gratitude and I do have a ton to be grateful for. I wonder if there is anything that physical therapy could do to help the area to be less compressed.

Carol – thanks!!!! I am glad you are having a “better” experience than Miriam with online dating

Mary – it can take a number of weeks to reprogram sleep but you can do it…

Gloria – thinking of you, if you end up in CA (really pricy) I would love to have you and your brood over!

Joyce – OMG - I grew up next door to a woman from Albert Lea – her name was Dawn Vogelsong, I’ll see if my mom remembers her maiden name she passed away last year and was brought back to Albert Lea to be buried.

Sylvia – what a great grandson!!!

Terri – start on something woven, NOT something stretchy like a tshirt, or with nap like a towel…

I am trying to be better about looking for free things… I did find a hike for Saturday Morning, I will go to that 8:30-10:30 in the local historic cemetery perfect for Halloween.

I had a great time with my nephew, we talked about school, family, work and college! It was great! He’s dad has some odd ideas about working – he thinks he is worth tons --- so my nephew thought as a first job he should be making $20-$30 an hour! OMG so we talked a ton about what I make, what is reasonable to make, and role played him as the business owner…end result he is not quitting his job but going to work for a while longer at least - he is a referee for flag football, for kids 5 -12 years old. He only works on Sundays and gets paid $12 a game – each game is 35-45 min long, so he is doing great on an hourly basis. I wish we lived closer – it’s a one hour drive each way, more in traffic.

October Goals -
    Attend yoga each wednesday evening
    Walk everyday - increase over 140 - would like to see 160 miles
    continue counseling and hold my weight where it is as I deal with my current set of emotional issues
    weekly fun things
    W1 – hike, high school football
    W2- go to Angels Camp to visit a friend, high school football
    W3-
    W4
    Kim from N. California
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,709 Member
    Options
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,390 Member
    Options
    Did 50 minutes of Kathy Smith Lift Weights to Lose Weight DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to take my aluminum to the Humane Society and then do exercises in the water. Afterwards, I'll probably stop at Bi-Lo.

Sylvia - what a cute post. Do you know what causes "shivering"? Hope things go well at the cardiologist. Yes, it must not be all that urgent, which is good. How sweet of your gs to say that

Rori - I just hard boiled some eggs in my presure cooker. Talking about coupons, I went to Office Max but then when I got home I found a 20% off coupon so I took it back. Well, they told me they couldn't honor it since it wasn't off their website (there's no mention of that). They said if I could find one on their website, they'd honor it. Well....I pulled out my phone and found a 25% off coupon on their website. So they had to honor that. Saved me $4. I think they were thinking "why bother". For $4 you better believe I'd bother.

terri_mom - how true!

Cheri - you sure do have a lot on your plate right now. My heart goes out to you dealing with all that

pip - last night Vince was saying that he thinks I need more sleep because whenever I'm in front of the TV I usually fall asleep. I think it's because I'm used to running around and just sitting down for any length of time puts me to sleep.

Terri in Milwaukee - 10 people on a team!!!! Boy, it seemed to take FOREVER when I was on the senior league that had 4 on a team. Now we only have 3 on a team.

Vicki - what kind of coat did you get (the color, style, etc). A pic would be nice. So sorry for that lady in your group

Michele in NC
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Vicki- great NSV! Isn't it nice to be able to try on coats that actually fit and look nice! Congratulations on your weight loss as well!

Kim- I love hiking! I look to see if they have community events to go to as well. You get out and it doesn't cost you anything. Did you get the recipe?

Michele - did you try the cheesecake yet? I went to get a spice cake mix and my store doesn't carry it :'( they had carrot and pecan cake mixes would one of those work or a white if I added the spices?

Margaret - we are still keeping you in our prayers. How are you and DH doing? (((hugs)))

Mary from Minnesota

• mtowne002
    mtowne002 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Hey Gals
    Doing well tonight. One of my boarders has been jobless for a few weeks and just got hired full time today. This is good news. Saw my counselor always a good thing. Grocery shopped for just myself this week and would you know..my bill was half what it normally is? It's funny when you realize yet another thing you were spending money for on your grown kids. No more! Asked said boarder Jim, to help me take the dogs for a walk and it was soooo much more pleasant only having to manage one large dog! Came home from shopping to find a naughty pig had ripped up the trash! She refused to even try to look guilty! Tried to get a few pics of my road and house to share as there was this stunning pink cloud line that was filtering the dusk Rays pink. Made the foliage soooo beautiful.
    As for sleep. Mine is erratic especially around the full moon. I also drink a lot of coffee and have been pretty sedentary. That being said I do get better sleep if I switch to decaf by six pm and get excersize and lock the dogs out of my room if they're feisty. I got used to a very late bedtime..2am give or take an hour when I lived w and cared for my parents who had cancer of the spine and ALS. They were in such discomfort they found falling asleep difficult and I would stay up w them until they were asleep. But certain family and friends would make it clear to me that if I wasn't up and dressed by 8am I was being lazy and wasting my day. I spent years feeling like a no good person bc of that and other self incriminations...it has taken me YEARS to be kind to myself and realize for now my bodies clock is later then most...and that's OK! Now I routinely sleep from 2 to 10 am and that's OK it's what works for me. I think I would like to move it back a couple of hours and may choose to work on it. I will give it some thought.

To Margaret: I'm sorry your husband has been so suddenly seriously ill. It is a nasty surprise when kidney cancer is discovered, and it usually is only when being treated for something else. My sister had it, there seemed to be no rush to surgery as they said hers wasn't a fast growing kind, they removed the areas, no rad no chemo and she's fine! I hope it goes as well for your DH

to Lisa: wow! What an awesome picture set! I'm going to copy you!

Pip your shoulder looks SOOO much better

Sylvia. Awwwwe!

To everyone to sent encouragement about my DD thank you. I am reading Codependant no more and it is ringing some bells for me.

Easy Does It

Mindy from Boston
  • mtowne002
    mtowne002 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    My street, house and naughty pig.859opo8er4on.jpg
    2tkl338gw08l.jpg
    lmg8yhbo712k.jpg
    aksxwqw7o1jn.jpg
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Kim, my grandparents were Axel and Hilda Peterson. Wouldn't that be a coincidence.

Mary, our winters are pretty mild compared to yours. We do sometimes go below 0 but really we aren't in the 0-10 range. We like to stay in the 20;s range. Our total snow for the winter is around 15 inches.

Miriam, I can't believe you even went out for coffee with that guy! Of course with your training maybe you figure you could handle yourself fine.

Got a headache tonight. We have an appointment to see nurse practitioner for his gastro enterologist tomorrow. We called our family doctor about his low blood pressure and continued swelling in his legs, especially the left. They typically call after the office 'closes' which meant we were gone. So I have to call tomorrow.

I need to pick your brains. My youngest grand daughter will be 9 next month. She has a very acute brain. Always thinking of things to do, make animate. Loves to dig, garden, discover, read, write, watch a movie and then draw each scene and re-write it. So I need ideas. Last year she wanted things for origami and I will buy some more paper for that. I have the prettiest origami Christmas tree she made in minutes. So her Mom is wanting things in the line of engineering or geology. So bring me the ideas.

Joyce, Indiana
  • nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    asccmq09r6vi.jpg

Beautiful evening! I was so tired when I got here and the water felt so good on my feet! Tomorrow morning will find me taking a long walk down the beach!

Carol in NC
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Mindy - Naughty puppy! Nice pictures!

Carol NC - beautiful picture! Have Fun!

Mary from Minnesota

• miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Mindy, great pics.

Heather, OMG I have never had a problem like that! wow.

Lovely, Carol.

Hugs to all!
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    nccarolb wrote: »
    asccmq09r6vi.jpg

Beautiful evening! I was so tired when I got here and the water felt so good on my feet! Tomorrow morning will find me taking a long walk down the beach!

Carol in NC

Beautiful picture........love the beach,so calming.Enjoy!