wolf spiders and weight loss

Options

Replies

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    _Terrapin_ wrote: »
    Chapter 9: The Ghost Buster 21 day Fix

Yes! And we can start a new website with forums for support, and a place where people can log all their fear calories! We can call it:

MyFrightnessPal (TM)

And with Halloween coming, it's the perfect time to launch!
  • ramepithecus
    ramepithecus Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    vivmom2014 wrote: »
    I'd be scared to death to happen upon a wolf spider, but I think you need prolonged heart rate increase for it to matter as exercise.
    So maybe a 2 mile path of spiders? Hmmm.....this seems rare to find. . .then again. . . what else scares the tar out of you?

I bet I can find you a 2 mile path full of spiders. They are EVERYWHERE right now. There's also a route that I sometimes refer to as the 'slug slalom'.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    vivmom2014 wrote: »
    I'd be scared to death to happen upon a wolf spider, but I think you need prolonged heart rate increase for it to matter as exercise.
    So maybe a 2 mile path of spiders? Hmmm.....this seems rare to find. . .then again. . . what else scares the tar out of you?

I bet I can find you a 2 mile path full of spiders. They are EVERYWHERE right now. There's also a route that I sometimes refer to as the 'slug slalom'.

Summertime late night slug stepping is just......a crappy feel under a barefoot.

• AlphaHowls
    AlphaHowls Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    The wolf spider is common around here and while it does get my heart up a little, I am able to keep fairly calm. It was the picking up the laundry and finding the snake that sent me running. Oh and the critter that found his way into my bed one night. Anxiety attacks and not sleeping and keeping the lights on 24/7....does not a happy person make.
  • _Terrapin_
    Options
    AlphaHowls wrote: »
    The wolf spider is common around here and while it does get my heart up a little, I am able to keep fairly calm. It was the picking up the laundry and finding the snake that sent me running. Oh and the critter that found his way into my bed one night. Anxiety attacks and not sleeping and keeping the lights on 24/7....does not a happy person make.

So, out of curiosity, how close are you to the NC border? Spent some time west of Asheville this summer and saw deer crossing the Fork(?) or another river where we stayed.
  • AlphaHowls
    AlphaHowls Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options

So, out of curiosity, how close are you to the NC border? Spent some time west of Asheville this summer and saw deer crossing the Fork(?) or another river where we stayed.

Never measured it to the border, but we do connect. I live in Tennessee.

• _Terrapin_
    Options

Never measured it to the border, but we do connect. I live in Tennessee.

It is a beautiful part of the eastern states. And Asheville for foodies. . . .wow! So many great restaurants.
  • justrollme
    justrollme Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    Seems to me this book is practically writing itself.

Face your Fear and Lose the Weight.

Chapter 1: Wolf Spiders: Can These Creepy Crawlers Propel You into Action?
    Chapter 2: Cycling with Kamakazi Grasshoppers: Powering Through
    Chapter 3: Bungee-Jumping-Using-Company-With-Spotty-Safety-Record: Will This by My Moment?
    Chapter 4: Being Pushed From a Tall Building: Maximizing Your Losses
    Chapter 5: Scary Movies: The Way to Large Volume Popcorn Consumption
    Chapter 6: Bonus Gains: Desensitization Therapy for all Your Phobias

Edited: for sucky grammar

LOL Love it!

I don't think I've ever been frightened into burning calories (yet! maybe i'll do one of those Halloween Terror walks this month!) but I have unintentionally been completely horrified or grossed out into a total loss of appetite a few times.

One time also involved a grasshopper. Around here, we call it the Grasshopper Incident.

(WARNING: Read no further, faint of heart!)

When my kiddo was little, he caught a grasshopper and tied a piece of yarn around its neck to make a "leash." And then he tugged on it. Let's just say...he should have named it Marie Antoinette.

And I think it was that same summer, he was running around in the back yard at twilight, and I noticed he had a glowing circle around his wrist. I asked him if someone gave him a light-up thing, only to realize he made his own, with a firefly. :'( And no, he didn't grow up to pull wings off of flies, thank goodness.
  • nutmegoreo
    Options
    justrollme wrote: »

Chapter 3: Bungee-Jumping-Using-Company-With-Spotty-Safety-Record: Will This by My Moment?

LOL Love it!

I don't think I've ever been frightened into burning calories (yet! maybe i'll do one of those Halloween Terror walks this month!) but I have unintentionally been completely horrified or grossed out into a total loss of appetite a few times.

One time also involved a grasshopper. Around here, we call it the Grasshopper Incident.

When my kiddo was little, he caught a grasshopper and tied a piece of yarn around its neck to make a "leash." And then he tugged on it. Let's just say...he should have named it Marie Antoinette.

And I think it was that same summer, he was running around in the back yard at twilight, and I noticed he had a glowing circle around his wrist. I asked him if someone gave him a light-up thing, only to realize he made his own, with a firefly. :'( And no, he didn't grow up to pull wings off of flies, thank goodness.

I find those stories highly entertaining, but being a farm girl and a nurse, very little grosses me out.

As for fear:

https://zombiesurvivor.ca/index.php
  • _Terrapin_
    Options
    I didn't read below the warning....does it involve a blender?
  • justrollme
    Options
    I didn't read below the warning....does it involve a blender?

No no! Lol! But that could be another terrifying chapter, for sure!

LOL Love it!

I find those stories highly entertaining, but being a farm girl and a nurse, very little grosses me out.

As for fear:

https://zombiesurvivor.ca/index.php
    That looks SO FUN!
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options

That's awesome.
  • _Terrapin_
    Options
    Ugh...the headless grasshopper. . . .so maybe Chapter 8: How the headless Grasshopper can Tame your appetite
  • justrollme
    Options
    Is it bad that I'd actually buy this book? <_<
  • _Terrapin_
    Options

Nope. We have diet ideas, some fitness information, recipes.
  • nutmegoreo
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Ugh...the headless grasshopper. . . .so maybe Chapter 8: How the headless Grasshopper can Tame your appetite

I think we're up to chapter 10.

Chapter 11: Lose the Zombie, Regain Visual Contact with Your Toes.

ETA: Chapter 12: How the Firefly Can Ignite your Passion for Eating Less

Nope, I would too! :smiley:
  • _Terrapin_
    Options

So, Chapter 14: Elevate your metabolism and avoid these 13 mistakes(yes a play with the number 13 which is avoided in elevators). . . . . . .yeah. . .superstition
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options

So, Chapter 14: Elevate your metabolism and avoid these 13 mistakes(yes a play with the number 13 which is avoided in elevators). . . . . . .yeah. . .superstition

Is superstition also why we skipped chapter 13?
  • _Terrapin_
    Options
    kkenseth wrote: »

Correct; but for those not fearing the superstition we include the number in the title of Ch 14

• kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    kkenseth wrote: »

Correct; but for those not fearing the superstition we include the number in the title of Ch 14

10-5. Just trying to keep up. Carry on!