wolf spiders and weight loss

Options

Replies

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I always found tenting in bear country to increase my heart rate when you hear heavy breathing outside!

Chapter 28: Tenting in Bear Country: Being the Snack in the Ziploc Bag
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I live in the land of tarantulas which migrate under certain conditions. Many years ago, I was driving a long country road and came across a migration, hundreds of them crossing the road. Driving over the hairy bas***ds was the most disgusting, creepy, freaky feeling. I still cringe when I think about it.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I live in the land of tarantulas which migrate under certain conditions. Many years ago, I was driving a long country road and came across a migration, hundreds of them crossing the road. Driving over the hairy bas***ds was the most disgusting, creepy, freaky feeling. I still cringe when I think about it.

Oh HECK no!
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options

That's a whole lotta NOPE right there.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,900 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Chapter XXX: Spice it up in the bedroom and burn calories with Fear Play ;)
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options

This is an utterly terrifying visual.

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    My sister had a tarantula for a pet and she asked me if I wanted to hold it. She said whatever you do don't drop it because their abdomen will explode. Hell no, I aint' even touching it.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    Brown recluse made a web inside out pen holder. Just let the little fella outside so he continue on.
  • kk_inprogress
    Options
    _Terrapin_ wrote: »
    Brown recluse made a web inside out pen holder. Just let the little fella outside so he continue on.

Continue on being squished by your foot? Or eaten by a bird? Because continue on living is NOT what you meant or we're not friends.
  • _Terrapin_
    Options
    kkenseth wrote: »

Continue on being squished by your foot? Or eaten by a bird? Because continue on living is NOT what you meant or we're not friends.
    Obviously THE BIRDS!
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Relax there. Wolf spiders are harmless and pretty neat to watch.
  • kk_inprogress
    Options
    Relax there. Wolf spiders are harmless and pretty neat to watch.

They may not be aggressive, but anything that looks like that and can bite me and is poisonous? Big fat furry NOPE.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options

ARE YOU INSANE MAN!!!? Oh my, it's almost as bad as seeing that wolf spider yesterday!
  • _Terrapin_
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »

ARE YOU INSANE MAN!!!? Oh my, it's almost as bad as seeing that wolf spider yesterday!
    There was a minor panic in the c-a-s-a; he was fine. Just emptied the pens, took him out, let him loose. . . . .for THEBIRDS!
  • nutmegoreo
    Options
    Chapter 30: Catch and Release Spider Trapping
  • kk_inprogress
    Options
    Chapter 31: How to Determine Who Your Real Friends Are (hint, they don't support wolf spiders)
  • nutmegoreo
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I was going to post a pic of a wolf spider, and then thought that might be crossing a line. So I will post a link for all who are interesting in facts on the wolf spider (I have not proof read these 'facts' and I don't know enough about them to be able to confirm):

http://animalstime.com/wolf-spider-facts/

ETA: I just finished reading that page. Those little buggers can run! :sick:
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    I was going to post a pic of a wolf spider, and then thought that might be crossing a line. So I will post a link for all who are interesting in facts on the wolf spider (I have not proof read these 'facts' and I don't know enough about them to be able to confirm):

Thank you for posting this, sounds like I could use these in my backyard because our yard has been infiltrated with black and brown widows. Them b**ches is scary.
  • kk_inprogress
    Options

I made the mistake of googling images earlier and there was a whole lot of stomach rolling when I saw the one of a wolf spider carrying all her babies. Yup, that scarred me.
  • nutmegoreo
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

Thank you for posting this, sounds like I could use these in my backyard because our yard has been infiltrated with black and brown widows. Them b**ches is scary.

I need something that will eat hornets. My neighbor has a nest and he's a douc** so I'm not inclined to talk to him about it (it's on a side of his house he wouldn't be around much). On the plus side, I found out that I'm not allergic to their sting :frown: