wolf spiders and weight loss

Options

Replies

• _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    cnbbnc wrote: »
    Ahhhhh..... That brings back fond memories of my encounters with wolf spiders while renting a townhouse. Big ole meaty things they are! And they're quick! OMG.....I would jump straight up in the air! :s

Aha! A great combo of cardio and anaerobic work. Sort of like reverse box jumping. Maybe a chapter on exercises would make sense.
  • _Terrapin_
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    I had a few wolf spiders in my garage and just scooped them out. I wasn't about to smash them or anything and have thousands of baby spiders flying all over the place.

What i AM scared of... is EARWIGS! I EFFING HATE EARWIGS!

But, I purchased something that has made my life easier. And it takes the fear away-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sSwgTG5XjU

Ahaha, i seriously have one of these. And it works. :wink:

I saw '*kitten* gun' in the photo and thought A. cocking of gun makes sense B. He is fond of roosters. . .still okay C. something inappropriate for this thread.
  • _Terrapin_
    Options
    thorsmom01 wrote: »
    Yeah leaping around from nasty critters probably burns about 384847373 cals so definitely log it as exercise! :)

But if I do not lose weight is this a result of not being accurate with my logging or am I eating above maintenance and 384847373 calories. I'm guessing it is the former since the latter would be a PITA to log.
  • _Terrapin_
    Options
    LaceyBirds wrote: »
    While not bug-related, I've been thinking about doing bungee-jumping-using-company-with-spotty-safety-record for the exercise portion of my weight-loss program. The thrill of wondering "will I die this time" might be good for a few kcals.
    heheheh this reminds me of suggesting to an MFPer one time if I pushed her off a 10 story building she could yell back "My HR is increasing. . . .so fitness!" SPLAT. It would definitely work one time.
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    _Terrapin_ wrote: »
    While not bug-related, I've been thinking about doing bungee-jumping-using-company-with-spotty-safety-record for the exercise portion of my weight-loss program. The thrill of wondering "will I die this time" might be good for a few kcals.
    heheheh this reminds me of suggesting to an MFPer one time if I pushed her off a 10 story building she could yell back "My HR is increasing. . . .so fitness!" SPLAT. It would definitely work one time.

Did you get a warning for that? Lol.
  • LaceyBirds
    LaceyBirds Posts: 451 Member
    Options

And that one time might be just what she needs to motivate her to continue . . . wait . . .

Never mind.

• _Terrapin_
    Options
    kkenseth wrote: »

Back then...no. It was a thread arguing how many cals someone burns lifting versus cardio. One poster 'knew they were burning more' just by bending over and picking up the weights 'cause their HRM showed an increase'. People and their gadgets. . .smh.
  • kk_inprogress
    Options

Back then...no. It was a thread arguing how many cals someone burns lifting versus cardio. One poster 'knew they were burning more' just by bending over and picking up the weights 'cause their HRM showed an increase'. People and their gadgets. . .smh.

My heart rate goes up when I watch a scary movie too. Should do that more often....I could probably eat more popcorn than watching a romance because, you know, calories burned and all.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Seems to me this book is practically writing itself.

Face your Fear and Lose the Weight.

Chapter 1: Wolf Spiders: Can These Creepy Crawlers Propel You into Action?
    Chapter 2: Cycling with Kamakazi Grasshoppers: Powering Through
    Chapter 3: Bungee-Jumping-Using-Company-With-Spotty-Safety-Record: Will This by My Moment?
    Chapter 4: Being Pushed From a Tall Building: Maximizing Your Losses
    Chapter 5: Scary Movies: The Way to Large Volume Popcorn Consumption
    Chapter 6: Bonus Gains: Desensitization Therapy for all Your Phobias

Edited: for sucky grammar
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I would probably have a heart attack.

Yes!
  • kk_inprogress
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

Chapter 3: Bungee-Jumping-Using-Company-With-Spotty-Safety-Record: Will This by My Moment?

HAHAHAHAHAHAH :joy:
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    But but but...I really like bugs, so that wouldn't work for me. There are 14 Tarantulas and a scorpion in this house.

However, heights and murderers = anxiety. :open_mouth:
  • nutmegoreo
    Options
  • _Terrapin_
    Options

My heart rate goes up when I watch a scary movie too. Should do that more often....I could probably eat more popcorn than watching a romance because, you know, calories burned and all.

Exactly! It is October so scary means more calories.

• _Terrapin_
    Options

I like it; now we need a ghost writer(hehehe scary pun-like moment)

• LaceyBirds
    Options

liuvry2zrvtj.gif

• nutmegoreo
    Options
    But but but...I really like bugs, so that wouldn't work for me. There are 14 Tarantulas and a scorpion in this house.

However, heights and murderers = anxiety. :open_mouth:

Yes!

Chapter 7: Running From Axe Murders: Renewing Your Passion for Cardio

I like it; now we need a ghost writer(hehehe scary pun-like moment)

Chapter 8: Ghosts: Your Rarely Seen Support System
  • _Terrapin_
    Options
    Chapter 9: The Ghost Buster 21 day Fix
  • LaceyBirds
    Options
    We need a "Foreward" by Stephen King.
  • _Terrapin_
    edited October 2015