wolf spiders and weight loss

Options
How many people have been scared by critters and increased their weight loss? Anyone know a database that measures calorie burns based on being scared?

Replies

• vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    I'd be scared to death to happen upon a wolf spider, but I think you need prolonged heart rate increase for it to matter as exercise.
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I would probably have a heart attack.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    kkenseth wrote: »

This could certainly lead to weight loss!
    _Terrapin_ wrote: »
    How many people have been scared by critters and increased their weight loss? Anyone know a database that measures calorie burns based on being scared?

Perhaps wear a HRM and go to a bug museum where they let you interact with the various critters? If this works, you could be creating the next TM fad for weight loss!
  • kk_inprogress
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

Perhaps wear a HRM and go to a bug museum where they let you interact with the various critters? If this works, you could be creating the next TM fad for weight loss!

Money money money!!!
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    vivmom2014 wrote: »
    I'd be scared to death to happen upon a wolf spider, but I think you need prolonged heart rate increase for it to matter as exercise.
    So maybe a 2 mile path of spiders? Hmmm.....this seems rare to find. . .then again. . . what else scares the tar out of you?

• _Terrapin_
    Options

This sounds pretty good; I wonder if swimming with sharks would provide a high enough HR increase?!?
  • nutmegoreo
    Options

Money money money!!!

Right! I like it :smile:

Too bad it wasn't my idea. :frown:
  • _Terrapin_
    Options

Money money money!!!

You could write a book......Spiders and Other weight loss methods....maybe a diet at the end which provides recovery from the spider scares. IDK just spitballing.
  • kk_inprogress
    Options
    So maybe a 2 mile path of spiders? Hmmm.....this seems rare to find. . .then again. . . what else scares the tar out of you?

I'm not scared of grasshoppers in general, but have never biked as fast as in college when my route to work took me down a path COVERED in grasshoppers that insisted on a suicide mission of jumping at my bike rather than away from it.

The crunching in the spokes and the landing all over my lap, and even catapulting toward my face...I biked SO HARD.
  • _Terrapin_
    Options

I'm not scared of grasshoppers in general, but have never biked as fast as in college when my route to work took me down a path COVERED in grasshoppers that insisted on a suicide mission of jumping at my bike rather than away from it.

The crunching in the spokes and the landing all over my lap, and even catapulting toward my face...I biked SO HARD.

If you captured enough of them maybe you could have made Grasshopper pie . . . .or soup. . . . .or just bake them. hehehe I can't imagine biking through 'grasshoppers on a suicide mission'.
  • kk_inprogress
    Options

If you captured enough of them maybe you could have made Grasshopper pie . . . .or soup. . . . .or just bake them. hehehe I can't imagine biking through 'grasshoppers on a suicide mission'.

It. Was. Awful.
  • nutmegoreo
    Options

Money money money!!!

You could write a book......Spiders and Other weight loss methods....maybe a diet at the end which provides recovery from the spider scares. IDK just spitballing.

The desensitization therapy could be an additional benefit along with the weight loss.
  • _Terrapin_
    Options

Money money money!!!

The desensitization therapy could be an additional benefit along with the weight loss.

Easily a chapter.

• kk_inprogress
    Options

Money money money!!!

Easily a chapter.

Less talking, more writing. I want my cut on the Cycling with Kamakazi Grasshoppers chapter.
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    Ahhhhh..... That brings back fond memories of my encounters with wolf spiders while renting a townhouse. Big ole meaty things they are! And they're quick! OMG.....I would jump straight up in the air! :s
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I had a few wolf spiders in my garage and just scooped them out. I wasn't about to smash them or anything and have thousands of baby spiders flying all over the place.

What i AM scared of... is EARWIGS! I EFFING HATE EARWIGS!

But, I purchased something that has made my life easier. And it takes the fear away-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sSwgTG5XjU

Ahaha, i seriously have one of these. And it works. :wink:
  • LaceyBirds
    LaceyBirds Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    While not bug-related, I've been thinking about doing bungee-jumping-using-company-with-spotty-safety-record for the exercise portion of my weight-loss program. The thrill of wondering "will I die this time" might be good for a few kcals.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Yeah leaping around from nasty critters probably burns about 384847373 cals so definitely log it as exercise! :)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options

I lost 25 pounds this morning, when he showed up in my tub!
  • _Terrapin_
    Options

Money money money!!!

Easily a chapter.

Less talking, more writing. I want my cut on the Cycling with Kamakazi Grasshoppers chapter.
    You g-o-t-s it; though I suck at writing.