MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    Sounds horribly miserable. No thanks.
  • blitz2011
    blitz2011 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    MommyL2015 wrote: »
    I thought it might be too but it's really not. The actual hardest thing is missing/avoiding social gatherings like birthday meals.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    blitz2011 wrote: »
    I thought it might be too but it's really not. The actual hardest thing is missing/avoiding social gatherings like birthday meals.

That definitely sounds like a great and sustainable plan.
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options

That alone is a good reason to not do this. My family and friends are so much more important than a diet.
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    kkenseth wrote: »

That alone is a good reason to not do this. My family and friends are so much more important than a diet.

^This.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    kkenseth wrote: »

100%. When a diet plan means you miss important occasions, you've got your priorities wrong. Time with loved ones should never be trumped by a fad weight loss plan.
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    cmtigger wrote: »
    I like healthy skin, hair, and nails too. It's too hard to get that back after starving your body of protein.

Nope, no juice fast.
    I'm not ruling out protein... I did last time mostly and my skin was better than ever :)

How will you get protein. Even raw vegans have to Plan carefully to get enough, and they have access to nuts. There isn't anything you can juice with enough protein to maintain, hair, skin, nails and muscle.
  • blitz2011
    Options
    I missed one actual birthday of a friend, I did go to others and just have water, I am a sort of all or nothing guy so I k ow if I break my "goal" then I will struggle to restart, others I'm sure would manage.
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    I missed one actual birthday of a friend, I did go to others and just have water, I am a sort of all or nothing guy so I k ow if I break my "goal" then I will struggle to restart, others I'm sure would manage.

The obvious answer is not to do such a ridiculous diet that you can't manage it.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

As someone who used to be like that, I can tell you that while you keep indulging that impulse with overly restrictive fads, you will not succeed. You need to learn to moderate your eating impulses and learn sustainable habits for life, not coddle your all or nothing behaviours with juice "detoxes" then going back to old habits. You're doing yourself no favours.
  • blitz2011
    Options
    I'm on my iPad here I will reply tomorrow properly. Thanks for the feedback!
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Yeah, no.

I enjoy the glowing skin and muscle retention that protein and fats give me.

I also really enjoy mastication.

Why anyone would want to do this to themselves is beyond me. The fads that gain traction in the first world can be mind-blowing.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Your previous attempts were so successful that you have to do it again. Severely restrict, lose, then gain back when eating real food.
    For the record, I did the juicing once before, and after I had a sort of food revolution and was cooking healthy non processed food from scratch every day, I did this for 7 months and then went on holiday, I "let my self go" and even once back I could not get out of "holiday mode" and kept eating bad like before. I also lost lots of weight through diet/excercise a few years ago but I was eating poorly then and put it back on after a holiday again... The juicing and healthy eating after was the best thing that happened to my in a long time, for people that have not done it to hate on it so much is puzzling.

What is puzzling is the fact that you cannot see that your system doesn't work for you for long term success. It's not sustainable. If you can't use this and keep the weight off for life, then it doesn't work.
  • BurnWithBarn2015
    BurnWithBarn2015 Posts: 1,026 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    My kidney's, liver and digestion system detox me daily. All by itself.

And why do you think it detox alcohol? How did that came in the body in the first place? So no processed food but a detox for alcohol......>>>>puzzled
    My liver does a great job for that toxin.

And why, when you see this subject is not really appreciated here, start a new dedicated thread about it?
    Maybe there is a detox forum some were?

btw my skin also looks very healthy and i feel also amazing And never thought to be this fit again
    After my normal CICO and drinking water

I must have done something right in the last 362 days.

95069916.png

ps dont get me wrong nothing bad about a glass of juice now and than...specially some lime juice in a good Magaritha.
    But learning portion control and moderation so you dont get the yoyo effect was more suitable to me.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    If you are set at doing this, then would you consider blitzing your fruit and vegies in a blender, such as the nutri ninja etc. etc., and then also adding in some protein powder, eggs and fat. By using a juicer you're getting rid of all that wonderful fibre and pretty much drinking sugar water :disappointed:
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    By using a juicer you're getting rid of all that wonderful fibre and pretty much drinking sugar water :disappointed:

Exactly.

You could get the same effect by drinking a glass of OJ and taking a multivitamin.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I'd consider doing a juice fast/"detox" about as much as I'd consider cutting off my legs to lose weight. Both are unsafe and extraordinarily unnecessary/ridiculous ideas with highly undesirable side effects. I'm amazed that a grown man would even contemplate such a thing.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    My take on it is this--you say you've done this before and lost a lot of weight, felt great, wonderful skin...... BUT you gained it all back. This is not what the majority of us want to do here. We want to lose the weight, feel and look better and KEEP IT OFF. Now that's the hardest by far. Good luck with your juicing. This sounds like yo-yoing to me.

I don't want to be yo yoing but it happens to me... I lost lots doing diet/excercise a few years ago and did not Keep off as long as with the juicing.

Juicing = yoyoing.
    Your approach to weight loss is not sustainable.
    I hope by the time you realise that what you are doing will mean you keep gaining and losing the same weight, you will not have done irreversible damage to your health. I would be surprised if your skin at least can keep up with all the yoyo dieting, there is a limit to how much elasticity skin has.
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I'm fancy, and no. :smiley:
  • tyediri
    tyediri Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Personally, I do not think juicing for 30 days is necessary or a good idea, because you need to establish life style changes, not quick changes!
    OP as you said at the start that you do not want to get in to a debate I will leave it at that.

HOWEVER, making sure you get the correct nutrients in during this 30 days is very important. Make sure you get your daily protein and fat macros in.
    I am not familiar with how juicing works (is it literally just juice, or do you get to have other liquid food like smoothies or soup?)
    I would recommend using ingredients like protein powder, peanut butter, chai seeds, some milk, etc in smoothies to get all your nutrients in. Google some healthy smoothie recipes that you can have during the juicing period. There are loads of ideas out there with nutritional breakdowns. Make sure you hit your macros.
This discussion has been closed.