WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2015

Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,548 Member
    Options
    bike shoe covers - check, leg liners - check bike long pants - check bike lights charged up and on - tire air check - check- backpack ready - check. i have thought about it, usually i use a pannier for the winter but using that makes the bike heavier when i have to lift it on and off of the train. to solve that, i will switch to using the backpack (what i use in the summer). the doc still has me on a 10lb limit on what i can lift with my left arm so i think i am ready!
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,116 Member
    Options
    <3

Mary from Minnesota
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening Ladies,

Beth, sorry your DH has a bug but I also hope he doesn’t share with you.

Heather, I’m the same way about packing. It’s not the clothes but everything else. I know you will have a marvelous time. I’m excited for you!!!

Miriam, you little devil, you!! (later) I’m with you in that we can look. smiley-devil25.gif

Becca, I wouldn’t dare go to a nudist colony because even though my “suit” may be in style and fits, it has become very wrinkled and I don’t dare iron it.

Barbie, I am laffin’ like crazy picturing you jumping up on a chair crying “eeeeeeeeeek”. I would have loved to see the kids’ reaction.

Janetr, love the sign. Glad you don’t have ice and hope you get home safely. (later) Glad you made it. Sleep well.

Mindy, any retail at this time of year is a killer. Your food sounds yummy but yes, too much. I’m glad you didn’t end up having to prepare everything.

Irish, it sounds like you need some rest. It’s only 9:00 here but I’m about ready for bed.

I just finished putting up the tree and now can decorate it tomorrow. That is my favorite part! I love getting out the ornaments as each one brings back such memories. I always play Christmas music while I decorate the tree. For some reason I’m thinking this may be the last year that we do the big tree. DH doesn’t really like hauling it down stairs and helping get it set up. I’ll admit, it is quite a job. DD had about a 5 foot tree that was pre-lit and only broke down to two sections. It was really easy to put up and something like that might be what we need in the future. I could get rid of our large tree and the large ornaments and just keep all the others. Oh well, I’ll worry about that later. Just need to decide before I pack away the decorations.

I hope all of you have a healthy and happy day and week ahead. rose.gif

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, smiley-love013.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Ladies, I've received some bad news this evening. My 8-year-old grandniece was watching as her dad drove a dirt bike into a tree--no helmet and a broken limb at face level. As of an hour or so ago, he was still in surgery but the doctors are saying his chances are very slim. Although I am concerned about Alex, I am terrified of the emotional damage this will cause for Makaela. Please send prayers and good vibes for this broken young man and all of his family, especially Makaela.

Carol in NC
  • pipcd34
    Options
    most riders i see have 2 - 3 ligts tops, head light, tail light and maybe one on their helmet or backpack and to me that is still not enough.
    just so you know and you don't worry about me too much, i will have a total of 10 lights on the bike itself and 2 on the backpack. told you i will be a christmas tree on the road!
  • pipcd34
    Options
    nccarolb wrote: »
    Ladies, I've received some bad news this evening. My 8-year-old grandniece was watching as her dad drove a dirt bike into a tree--no helmet and a broken limb at face level. As of an hour or so ago, he was still in surgery but the doctors are saying his chances are very slim. Although I am concerned about Alex, I am terrified of the emotional damage this will cause for Makaela. Please send prayers and good vibes for this broken young man and all of his family, especially Makaela.

Carol in NC

HOLY CRAP!!! i'm so sorry!!!!!!!!! geez, no helmet?? !!!n my thoughts are with you and your family.
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Carol, I am so sorry! What a horrible memory for that little girl.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,919 Member
    Options
    :'(:'(Carol,I am so sorry
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,344 Member
    Options
    Did an hour of a pilates Anytime DVD. I REALLY didn't like this DVD, I'll never do it again. It's the same thing over and over and over. Lots of burpees (but he calls it something else), roll and stand up. Very little pilates and that was what I was looking for. Oh well....live and learn...and die a fool.

The plan for tomorrow is to do some of the 30 Day Butt Lift DVD I have, hold my plank, and then take the extremepump class.

Joyce - I have seen the quilted fabric, just never seen the stuff that you needlepoint on and then I'm assuming you wet it and it sticks to the quilted fabric. Do you have a link for that stuff?

Am making a chocolate pound cake to take to Mexican Train for Vince. I'll make these mac & cheese cups to take also.

Joyce - I'm so so sorry for you about your gd. I can understand your worry about Charlie, I would be worried sick if the same thing were to happen to Vince. All that fat in the pizza! Isn't it frustrating when you get to the counter to check out and then find that there's a minimum purchase? I hate that. And the note about the minimum purchase is usually in teny tiny print

Lenora - so sorry Cracker was hurt but relieved it wasn't worse

Kim - I agree, Carol IS very photogenic. You made a good lunch choice

Karen - let me know what you find out about the stretching. I can always use more stretching

DJ - I really can't do DVD's in the hotel room since Vince is sleeping. But I CAN do them now in the fitness room, so that's good.

pip - we use the Pill Pockets to give Loki his one med and we were having problems with some of the bags of them. We called and were very surprised to find out that Pill Pockets is another division of Mars. They told us that they'd been having problems with this newest supplier but to be sure to buy some that were good up until a certain time, those came from the old supplier who they went back to. We were able to take the bag (even opened) back to the store and get a new bag. I know that Mars is usually good with returns.

Vicki - stay safe! We used to cut our own tree. I must say, they do last longer.
    '
    Finished putting the ornaments on the tree. Am printing out some of the recipes that I'll use for christmas. There's this seafood chowder that I think I made last year. this year I'm going to try a seafood lasagna.

Carol - lots and lots of prayers

I'm still sad that Denise won't get my rings, but the more and more I think about it, I can certainly see Pete doing something stupid like engraving on them.

Michele in NC
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your concern, Margaretturk, DamitJanit, Miakoda40, and BarbieCat about "Cracker". She's doing good today still on meds that make her sleep and not really want much to eat or drinks; but, she has been doing both.

pipcd34 - many prayers going up for you grandniece and her father. My newest granddaughter, inherited from a new DDnL#2 has a go cart that she drives wide open but, she wears a helmet and elbow and knee pads. When we were out there she took DH on a ride around the circle (probably a mile or less); when he got back he was 'white knuckling' the roll cage. Her other granddaddy told her to go in the house and get something, knowing it would take her a little bit; and he took the bolt that holds the pedal and made the screw tighter so she could not floorboard it, telling Will when it shimmies loose, he'll know how to slow it down. She took another ride around and was surprised she could not get it to go full speed. Then she came between 2 trees next door and Will fussed at her, I'm sure she was more embarrassed because he had never corrected he in front of others. Tami started to say something and he told her, don't do it - she has been told repeatedly NOT to do that and I don't want to have to replace the fittings on the blow-out holes for their sewer tanks.
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Thank you for your concern, Margaretturk, DamitJanit, Miakoda40, and BarbieCat about "Cracker". She's doing good today still on meds that make her sleep and not really want much to eat or drinks; but, she has been doing both.

pipcd34 - many prayers going up for you grandniece and her father. My newest granddaughter, inherited from a new DDnL#2 has a go cart that she drives wide open but, she wears a helmet and elbow and knee pads. When we were out there she took DH on a ride around the circle (probably a mile or less); when he got back he was 'white knuckling' the roll cage. Her other granddaddy told her to go in the house and get something, knowing it would take her a little bit; and he took the bolt that holds the pedal and made the screw tighter so she could not floorboard it, telling Will when it shimmies loose, he'll know how to slow it down. She took another ride around and was surprised she could not get it to go full speed. Then she came between 2 trees next door and Will fussed at her, I'm sure she was more embarrassed because he had never corrected he in front of others. Tami started to say something and he told her, don't do it - she has been told repeatedly NOT to do that and I don't want to have to replace the fittings on the blow-out holes for their sewer tanks.

hey there, it was Carol in NC not me... i'm sure se appreciates your concern
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,116 Member
    Options
    carol - I am so sorry to hear about your DGN's dad! We will be praying for him and Makaela and your family.

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • luvmammy
    luvmammy Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how to jump in - I'm Anne, I joined MFP a few days ago, and I live in NC. I'll be 50 in November of 2016, and I'd like to be much healthier by then than I am now. My husband and I have been walking for the past few days, and I'd like to keep that up. I've been almost completely sedentary for several months, if not years. So it's definitely an adjustment.
    17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    CAROL: so sorry, what a terrible thing to happen with a child watching. Prayers for you n family. My father died in my arms, I was very young but seems like yesterday. Gayle Minneapolis
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,752 Member
    Options
    Welcome luvmammy!

Carol ... Praying for your family...

Beth near buffalo
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Alison – My aunt, who has passed now, her family ran a B&B in Yarmouth Port for 2 generations. I love that area.

Pip – Check!

Carol – sending good thoughts!!!

Anne – welcome

Heather – have a grand time!

I’ve been cooking today – I am in a book club and this month’s book had a recipe for a “gingerbread” cake, so I made it today for tomorrow evening’s meeting. It is not like any gingerbread I have had. It is a light yellow cake with no Molasses, grated fresh ginger, orange rind, and freshly ground cinnamon, cloves, pepper - it is cooling and will need a glaze in the morning. It will be interesting to taste.
    The cake took about 3 hours… (hands on hips) it better be good!

November Goals -
    Attend yoga each wednesday evening
    Walk everyday –would like to see 160 miles
    continue counseling and hold my weight where it is as I deal with my current set of emotional issues
    weekly fun things
    W1 – football – we won! Working on craft show crafts
    W2-
    W3-
    W4
    Kim from N. California
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry, Carol... thinking of your grand niece, and her daddy...
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Carol - So sorry, praying for you and your family.

Janetr OKC
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Carol NC so sorry about your niece and her Dad. Keep us updated on how he is doing. Such a tragedy. I hate it when kids loose that kind of innocence that early.

Lenora, so glad Cracker is going to be OK. But how about Will. Is he OK.

Michele, the fabric I used to cross stitch on my sister's tree skirt and many other things. One year I made 10 sweatshirts! Anyway it is waste canvas. You can find it at Jo Annes also. Some how I couldn't get the link to copy so here is another link to DMC itself http://www.createandcraft.com/pp/dmc-waste-canvas-14-count-12-x-18ins-112440?utm_source=bing-pads&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Bing-PL

Good day at church today. Our pianist was out today, her husband has Alzheimers and even though many times he is quite functional, sometimes he is not. So our organist had to play piano. So she just picked up a piece of music and played it for the offeratory, not having practiced it much. She played Mary did you know? I can't believe how some people are so talented and can do that with so much proficiency. I love the Christmas music. I found out today that our church is not having a Christmas eve service. They will be having something special on the 23rd. I told my pastor I liked the services that are held ending at midnight so my sister and I, Southern Baptist preacher's kids, may be going to a Methodist church! LOL, I'm sure it will be just as meaningful. He said they have a full orchestra and everything. So that will be nice. It has been a long standing habit that we go together and as we sing Silent Night at the very end of the service, we are holding hands and the tears are just flowing.

Miriam, I was going to ask you how your foot was doing but you beat me. And where in the world did you pick up that beautiful table and chairs???? I take it is 'used'. Antique maybe??? I love those chairs.

Not much to say tonight, maybe my Pandora is to relaxing tonight.

Joyce, Indiana