WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2015

Options

Replies

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,114 Member
    Options
    Vicki - that is awful! I look at it as it is their fault for not giving him the right prescription. I think you need to talk to the doctor. That happened to me and my DH called our provider and they took care of it. I had bought a years supply of contact lenses which they had to eat the expense of.

Mary from Minnesota
  • kimses2
    kimses2 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Hi all -- quick check in. I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving (if applicable). I was away for a few days...got off track with food and my digestive track has been a complete mess since then. My body is paying me back.

Missed my Nov goal of being under 200...moving that one to Dec. I've stayed the same for Nov.

Be back later.

Kimses in MA
  • Elaine352962
    Elaine352962 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Love reading the posts on here. It would be an interesting true life novel of everyday people supporting and caring for others. You all sound like you are all really close friends wanting to do what you can for each other. Wishing everyone health, happiness and true friendship.

• miakoda40
    miakoda40 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Carol - Sending my thoughts of healing, comfort and caring to your niece and her family.

Mia in MI
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    klanders, & Barbie: I actually began yoga and MFP at about the same time. The combination has been miraculous. Yoga has helped me overcome a knee injury. It is still there, but the symptoms are immeasurably reduced. I suspect that horseback riding for me has a similar place in my life as Barbie's dancing has in hers. It brings joy. :flowerforyou:

Grits: I thought Cracker was killed in the accident. I'm so glad that isn't true. :heart:

DJ: I definitely have a few wrinkles because of weight loss. My skin is bigger than what it covers, kind of like a spandex bathing suit that has been over-stretched. I understand that it takes quite a few years for skin to replace itself, so maybe I'll be more wrinkle free as time goes along. Wouldn't THAT be a surprise! I wouldn't trade the improvements in how I feel for smoother skin. :flowerforyou:

Heather: Enjoy your travels. Your descriptions and photos are always a treat. :flowerforyou:

Annr: You have a refreshing and different point of view. I doubt I'll take up nudism, though. :blush::flowerforyou:

Pip: Ride safely and enjoy it. You seem to be doing the right things to take care of your health. :flowerforyou:

Carol in NC: Prayers for Makaela and her dad. :heart:

Michele: Perhaps you will have a granddaughter in the future who will enjoy your rings. Hugs. :flowerforyou:

Sylvia: It is reassuring to know that you are safe from green balloons at your house. :bigsmile:

Mia in MI
    miakoda40 wrote: »
    My mouse story

One day when I was 12 a field mouse ran across my bedroom floor and I shrieked for my mom to come and get it out of my room. Once the mouse had been relocated my dad started teasing me about the fuss I had made. "I don't understand" he said. "You have a mouse for a pet so why were you so upset?" "I know Pippen" I replied. "That other mouse was a stranger."

Mia in MI

I love this!

Today is our last day in KY. We leave for home tomorrow morning. We'll fly into SEATAC and intend to leave from DS & DDIL's place as soon as we can. I am so anxious to get my little dog back from the "Vet hotel." I hope to be home in time to pick him up tomorrow, but that is iffy. I have missed him! I have enjoyed the trip immensely. People have bent over backwards to please me by taking me to see horses. It has been a time of feeling spoiled.

Katla temporarily in Beautiful Kentucky

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

November Goals :
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week. Work on flexibility and back strength.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least three glasses of water daily, preferably more!
    5. Eliminate alcohol.
    6. Monitor sleep. Try to average 7 or more hours of sleep nightly.
  • terri_mom
    terri_mom Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday ! ! !

I am several days behind, due to the Holiday and my laptop needs a new battery, so I have very little time to read at home.

Allison- Hugs and Prayers for the situation with your daughter. Mine sometimes has the same problem (confused memories and displaced blame). It is so much more painful for us than they can imagine. More hugs, and wishes that she soon finds the truth, and forgiveness. // Oh Allison, my heart is just breaking for you. More hugs ! ! !

DJ – The man in the turkey costume is the Occ. Health MD with our team of clinics. He is VERY funny, and has a humorous costume for just about any holiday you can imagine. For Christmas he usually wears a squirrel costume.

Rori – Hugs and Prayers ! ! !

Today has been a typical Monday after a Holiday, so I didn’t even finish reading page 54 before I now need to leave for lunch. Today’s lunchbreak exercise will be the handbike, because my RA is flaring so bad in my right hip and ankle that I can’t hardly walk or sleep. Enough whining, I’m off to work the upper body.

Hugs for Everyone ! ! !

Terri in Milwaukee
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is always fresh, with no mistakes in it. Quote on Google today.

• mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! What a great morning it's been here! I was sitting in my office at the studio searching for drawings of butterflies to carve on a pot, when the phone rang. A man said he was outside my studio, so I hung up and let him in. It turns out, he is a potter who just moved here from Hawaii to live with his sister and he's looking for space to work. He wondered if I ever rented space to other artists. Well, he was so very nice, and so was his sister. We talked for an hour or so and I ended up inviting him to share my space for $100 per month. He has his own wheel and will be getting it out of storage this afternoon. It will be so nice to have company here! Maybe it will give me incentive to actually get some work done, or at the very least to clean the place up! His sister was one of my husband's students years ago and is now a pharmacist at the hospital. We have a lot of friends in common here in town. I feel really good about this. They both seemed like such nice people. He said he is very handy too, and has a background in construction, so he is willing to help with some projects I've been wanting to do.

So, this could be great. Or it could be another time I've been hoodwinked. Hopefully not that.

The kids were in a funny mood this morning. They laughed all the way to school, which was nice to hear. Instead of arguing.

Tonight is Zumba for me and DGD#1. I'm going to go buy a new pair of yoga pants and a workout top. Wish me luck!

Have a great day!

Sylvia
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,548 Member
    Options
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Aw DamitJ here is the thing.....the SUN takes wrinkles out....truly!!
    Becca
  • Annr
    Options
    Carol My thoughts are with your family...saying prayers of healing
  • Annr
    Options
    @TerriRichardson112 Yep the same as in the chilly coast of Oregon. That is the only part of California I truly miss. Being able to sun.

Becca
  • Annr
    Options
    @miriamwithcats We have a couple of "virtual garage sales" on facebook as well, for our area. I have sold a bunch of stuff... The dialog goes like this on FB...
    ME: How about 15$?
    THEM: OK, lets meet at Fred Meyer (a grocery store)
    ME: At high noon today!
    THEM: You got it!
    ME: I will wait for you at the Starbucks area!

Its like a drug deal but with STUFF!! Sometimes technology can be a good thing!
    Becca
  • Annr
    Options
    Sylvia Your mood is contagious! I am happy you are happy!! (((((hugs)))))) Also, after our 42 min walk in 37' degrees I am finally warming up. Could be the fact that my dear man brought me a mug of creamy hot chocolate! PLUS he said he put some Bailey's in it! Woot!

Becca
    Getting pink-cheeked in Oregon....
  • miakoda40
    Options
    Becca -
    Annr wrote: »
    Its like a drug deal but with STUFF!! Sometimes technology can be a good thing!

<giggle><snort> I'm not aware of anything like that in my area. I'll have to look around. It sounds like my idea of a garage sale. No sitting around waiting for folks to show up. Just post it and see what happens.

Mia in MI

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,114 Member
    Options
    Squats-1 X5X 65/75/85/95/105, 5X5X 115
    Sumo squats-5X5X105
    BP-1X5X 45/55/65, 5X5X 75
    BR-5X5X 80

Since Thursday I have not had time to exercise due to houseguests. Except, Friday my 12 and 10 year old grandson's wanted to see what I did with my equipment. They thought that it would be easy to lift my 45 pound barbell out of its rack. It wasn't going anywhere! So I showed them my squats and they were very excited and could not believe it. When I loaded my barbell for the DL with the 45 pound weights they were amazed. I put 150 pounds on and said go ahead and try to see if you can move it. It just rolled a little bit. They were in awe as I was able to lift it five times. I am now their hero!
  • miakoda40
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    They were in awe as I was able to lift it five times. I am now their hero!

This makes me grin for so many reasons. It breaks both gender ("Girls can't lift weights") and age (Grandma's can't pick up heavy stuff") barriers. You're my hero too.

Mia in MI

• janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Squats-1 X5X 65/75/85/95/105, 5X5X 115
    Sumo squats-5X5X105
    BP-1X5X 45/55/65, 5X5X 75
    BR-5X5X 80

Since Thursday I have not had time to exercise due to houseguests. Except, Friday my 12 and 10 year old grandson's wanted to see what I did with my equipment. They thought that it would be easy to lift my 45 pound barbell out of its rack. It wasn't going anywhere! So I showed them my squats and they were very excited and could not believe it. When I loaded my barbell for the DL with the 45 pound weights they were amazed. I put 150 pounds on and said go ahead and try to see if you can move it. It just rolled a little bit. They were in awe as I was able to lift it five times. I am now their hero!

That is so cool, always nice to be able to impress young grandsons lol One time when my 22 yr old grandson was 6, I fixed his bicycle. He said "Gramma, you are the strongest girl I know". I still get a chuckle out of that.

Janetr OKC
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Mia, I would look for ones that you have to be a member- safer that way. and like Becca says, meet at a public place. I am spoiled here in my small town in Iowa, which is predominantly Mennonite/ Amish. I can have people deliver to my house. the reason Craig's list became so unsafe is that ANYONE could post on it, even from out of the country, so there were a lot of scams (I ran in to many when I was thinking of getting a roommate.)
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    <3