WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2015

Options

Replies

• Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday. Sounds like we have some bad weather on the way. Starting as sleet and then turning to snow around 7 inches. I am working 6-2 today so hoping to get home before it starts. DH and DS are in Kansas City for the game and he should be home this evening. I just pray they do not run into really bad weather. I enjoyed my evening home alone and spent the time reading and relaxing.

Meg--Good to see you post. Sounds like we are in for bad weather the next 24 hours. Hope you are able to stay inside and be warm. I will feel better when DH gets home tonight. Does help get into the spirit of Christmas.

pip--Kirby sure looks happy to be home, and the glasses are nice.

Miriam--Love your dinning room set. I love stuff like that.

Joyce--Sorry to hear Charlie is having more problems. Sending HUGS!
    Grits--Sorry to hear Crackers was hurt, but thankful it was not worse.

Kim--You cut down your own tree? We are planning to take a couple of the DGC and two of our DS's next Saturday to a tree farm and cut down our own tree. I am excited about it. Never done this before. I got our Christmas letter done yesterday and now to get the cards done. I try and buy cards at the sale after Christmas but last year I spaced it off.

Lillian--Glad to hear your mom is doing well and ajusting.

Well ladies Hope you are recovering from the Thanksgiving and getting into the spirit of Christmas. This is my favorite time of the year and try hard to stay positive. One Day at a Time.
    Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    DJ - we are off at 5.30 am on Wednesday. :o Plane leaves at 7.00. The weather here looks as if it will be calm and damp. Thank goodness no snow to disrupt things. When we get to the south of France it will be chilly, but hopefully some sun. The owner of the apartment emailed me to say he will be there to greet us. I have his instructions to instruct the taxi driver and I have looked on Streetview so I know where I'm going. :) Our square is pedestrianised so we have to walk through an alleyway from the main street. We should be there by 3.30 pm. We have a long change over in Orly, Paris, so will have a spot of lunch and read a book.
    Your back sounds a lot like mine. :'(
    My new Kindle is all set now. :D
    Still got to pack. For me it's not the clothes that cause me a headache, but more the toiletries and meds I take with me. :ohwell:

Love again, Heather UK
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    DJ's comment to Pip
    "Pip, you did good. But to be honest, he would look good in almost anything. Lol"
    was missing the last phrase...
    "or nothing at all!"
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    About two hours from home. Rain all the wlzwdaoox9u9k.png
    ay, at least no ice.

• Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options

Janetr, love it! LOL

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,548 Member
    Options
    DJ's comment to Pip
    "Pip, you did good. But to be honest, he would look good in almost anything. Lol"
    was missing the last phrase...
    "or nothing at all!"

you're right... he does look good in nothing at all...lololol;. he lost 7lbs, gotta build his muscle up again. i'm working on it
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    @miriamwithcats ok....you know if you all talk nakedly I will run with it!!!!!! "We all are mauvalously naked unda our clothes dawling! To know (if I was AT a darned nudist "colony", mind you, as you all call it), that my "suit" is ALWAYS in style, ALWAYS fits, and never gets threadbare....just bare....AND I'm being ECONOMICAL...heehee! For a great NEW YEARS RESOLUTION.....google AANR, put in your state, or country...and see what happens. There might just be a nudist or clothing optional resort right near you. Shhhhh I won't tell.

Becca
    being all nudisty reminiscing in Oregon.....
  • miakoda40
    miakoda40 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Joyce, Indiana- I have a stand up mirror that has a jewelry box behind the mirror. It is out of bird's eye maple and was made for me by a dear friend. It is one of my special treasures.

Pip - Hubba Hubba! Is what I say to Kirby's new look.

Mia in MI
  • pipcd34
    Options
    miakoda - :0)
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,919 Member
    Options
    About mice, One of my favorite books to read to kids is "The Mouse and the Motorcycle. I read it to my first and second grade classes for years when I was teaching. One year we had a mouse infestation and the custodian started putting mouse traps in places where mice might be in the school. I joked with him and called him a killer until one day when a mouse ran in front of me and I grabbed my skirt and lifted it while jumping on a chair and crying "eeeeeeek" just like in the cartoons. After that I was fine with the mouse traps.

Joyce
    , my husband tells me every day about how sodium is so bad for him and then adds cheese and olives to his salad and eats them for his snacks....we just have to do the best we can for our husbands and their health.

:'(Lenora, sorry to hear about Cracker's injuries....best wishes to her for a speedy recovery

Pip, Kirby looks great in his new glasses.

:)Lillian, glad your mom is settled

:)Miriam, your dining room set is beautiful.

Karen
    , thanks for the suggestion about stretching

I thought today was sort of a rest day, then I realized that I've already walked dogs for ninety minutes and am folding the third of my five loads of laundry, along with doing an hour of boo keeping on the computer, fixing lunch, and riding the exercise bike for awhile.

Barbie from NW Washington t118016.gif
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,919 Member
    Options
    janetr7476 wrote: »
    About two hours from home. Rain all the wlzwdaoox9u9k.png
    ay, at least no ice.

Janet, this is so funny, it bears repeating
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,116 Member
    Options
    <3

Mary from Minnesota
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • janetr7476
    Options
    We are home all safe and sound. Kinda cold outside. We gave several broken branches in the yard from the ice storm. It's always good to get back home.

Now I need to seriously get a grip on my eating and lack of exercise. Am definitely feeling better and have a lot to do with my family all coming for Christmas and us leaving for AZ for a month two days after they go home. Going to start cooking and freezing do ahead meals.

Have to get my fall decorations down and my Christmas decorations up. I won't put a tree in every room this year as I won't have time to take them all down before leaving for AZ.

Sounds like everybody had a nice Thanksgiving. We sure did. Jack could not remember the last time he spent a holiday with his Mom. Mama S said she hated to see me go, she says she needs a woman's perspective at times. She had three sons. I on the other hand, am the youngest of six girls.

Love to all, Janetr, OKC
  • miriamwithcats
    Options
    Janet, glad you made it home safely. My nephew in Edmond had to take his family to a hotel overnight- no power.(Heaven forbid they forgo curling irons, hair driers, and screen time!) I managed for ten days without power one year!
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Miriam. Thank you. Our power must have gone out but I don't think it was for long. Yep, we are very spoiled with all we have now. Some places further west of the City are still without power.

Janetr OKC
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Michelle, good catch! I totally forgot that I bought Canadian bacon. Guess DH and I will be eating that for lunch.

Y'all quit hitting on Pip's man! LOL!

Joyce, It was way up in the afternoon last Tuesday before I noticed that my shirt was on inside out. And honestly, DH pointed it out to me then. Sometimes we just don't have time for checking stuff like that.

I've had a long day. Finally getting a little rest time. Big news around here is Mark Richt getting fired.

Later.....
  • miriamwithcats
    Options
    DrKatie, just making an observation. Absolutely NO interest in men at this point in my life. But eye candy is good. I also drool over my daughters' tae kwon do instructor who isn't yet 30!
  • mtowne002
    mtowne002 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Sylvia - (((hugs)))

Pip - they did such a nice job!

Michele- slice the top and bottom off of the squash, poke holes in the squash, microwave for 3 1/2 minutes and then peel with a paring knife or a vegetable peeler. Do you happen to have a recipe for orange Mandarin Jell-O with whipped cream in it? So what happened with the other batch of brownies?

Kim - that is too bad about your fit bit. I hope it is either found or you get it for Christmas.

Beth - praying for your son!

Have a great night everyone!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
    Elaine one of the things I do to see how others eat is to post on the News Feed and have an open Food Diary. I look at other folks open food diaries to see what they eat to stay within their calorie limits. If I see something that sounds good I PM them for the recipe. I've never had anyone turn me down. You can do this!

Gloria in WA

PS - It was snowing Big flakes this morning. Not cold enough for it to stick and not enough to make a snowball but beautiful. 892244m9q5gc9ngg.gif
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) I got a text early this morning from my friend who was flying back from Texas today (to avoid spending the holiday in family drama) that she had gotten an early flight and would be in Seattle before 10 AM so we invited her to have dinner with us about noon and watch a movie together. She was with us last year for Thanksgiving and it was great to have her back again this year. :)

Sorry Ladies
    I haven't posted in over a week...been a struggle to log everything and keep up w this terrific thread. I now know what a thanksgiving week is like in the life of a cashier at a grocery store! OMG. As it worked out my daughters break up w her boyfriend changed our dinner arrangements as his side of the family would have been an additional four. The three young adults that are here got invited to their significant others...so it just ended up being my daughter my ex and myself. Smallest ever. But since I was beyond exhausted and opted for some gourmet prepared dishes from whole foods since I got my discount it all worked out well. We had the brined Whitehouse Turkey (yup same one Obama eats), boxed stuffing, candied sweet potatoes and garlic Yukon mashed made by me w organic taters, a preordered corn and shallot casserole that was beautiful but to muffin like, snowflake rolls w Kerry Gold Garlic and Herb Butter. WF pies including a pecan, blueberry and a vegan Dutch Apple crumb with fresh made whipped cream from the bakery, cider and Dunkin donuts dark roast. I bought the fixings for a big Squapple Casserole, but wasn't up to it after doing ten plus pounds of potatoes. Too much food! I sadly ate most of the pecan pie and two snowflake rolls each of the last three days. I think I'm done now. Just threw the rest out today. All and all I have been okay but a little to down to post but I love hearing about everyone. Hopes for all who need them and hoorays for everyone's happy events. I will try to resume participating as I know I do better when I don't isolate.

Have a good start to the week tomorrow,

Love Mindz
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,095 Member
    Options
    Just read almost 100 posts and can't keep awake any longer as it's 1.22am

Irish Terri harp.gif