WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2015

Options

Replies

• janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    I am so proud of myself, got up early and went to the pool exercised 1/2 hour before the aerobics class and then stayed for most of the class. I think it is going to do wonders for my knee. I came home and finished unloading the motorhome. We went to Sears and bought a small new freezer. Now I'm working on laundry from the trip. I had really not gained any weight on the trip which totally surprised me cuz I felt like I had ate way too much. I am up tho from my original weight loss after the bariatric surgery so my goal is to get back to that weight before Christmas. Not sure if I can do that, but I'm gonna work on it.

Sylvia, I HATE MICE, my "mouse" story is from years ago when my girls were very little. I knew I had a mouse in our house, I was divorced by then. My youngest was 2 and when I would run screaming she would say did you see the "moose"? I kept telling her not "moose" its a mouse. When I finally caught it in a trap she looked at it and said, "Mama, its so little" I'm sure from all my screaming and running she must have thot it was the size of a "moose". lol

Janetr OKC
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    To ALL who asked about "Cracker"; she is doing better every day. Still giving her meds that make her sleep a lot; but, keeps her off that foot per Vet. When DYS came in and told me he had 'run over her' I almost burst into tears. DH was right behind him with her in his arms like a baby and she wasn't moving, not even her tail. I truly thought she was dead - VERY HAPPY that she had such a minor injury; she started trying to put a little weight on it starting Sunday. I told DYS that he was 'hell on dogs'. He killed our DOS's dog several years ago, ran over his own dog, who is sort of crippled (but still alive); I think he hit the one bump in our dirt driveway and that might have been what he felt, thought it was the dog; DH was out in the yard and saw him driving off with his dog, Lily, following him. So he knew that Cracker was out there, just could not see her; then DYS started toward the house with her in his arms. It was really scary for all of us. Will felt really bad about hitting her; but, she was probably bumped away from the tire; that is the only thing that makes sense since it was her left front paw. I guess now the ''puppy" will realize that cars/trucks are dangerous. All she has really seen were 'parked' vehicles, just something she had to walk around to get to the yard.
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I have been wanting a day bed forever. Right now, my bed is a twin mattress on the floor. I had to make accommodations when the girls came. I just ordered myself one, based in part on a review where the reviewer' mom used the sides to help get out of bed.
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Camelot-Daybed-Black-Gold/11089341
    I also ordered pleated gray bedskirts and pillow shams to make it look more like a couch since it my bed is in my living room.
  • terri_mom
    terri_mom Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    I'm back online again !

Drkatiebug – wonderful job on the pepperoni turkey ! ! !

CarolNC – Hooray for your shoulder getting better and better. And hooray for your lovely extended family that gushed over you and DD. I have friends like that, and I love that they are all so color-blind. DD and DS and I attended a Southern Baptist church for about 1 year, and they all treated us like we were family, even though we also were the only white faces in the church. In fact, my favorite story comes from 2 summers ago, when my Dad took a bunch of his family on a Brunch Cruise around a section of the Lake Michigan coast. After the cruise while walking back to our car, there was a group of people gathered with 2 of them across the sidewalk to take pictures. The group was saying “come on Connie, get over here into the picture”. I walked up to Connie, grabbed her hand, and said “come on Connie, let’s get you into this picture”. She allowed me to walk her across the sidewalk, then dropped my hand, wrapped both arms around me, and said “now you’re in my picture, too”. I can only imagine all their friends a family, looking at that picture, saying “Connie, who’s the short chubby white woman you’re hugging?” // I’m glad to see some of your dates are worth having. I wish you the best in this endeavor ! ! !

Miriam – I remember that about my first marriage, too. Late for Christmas dinner, because he couldn’t be bothered to get out of the bar until his money was gone. I REALLY don’t miss that at all ! ! ! Hooray for whatever you need to do to take care of you and yours (Handmade Thanksgiving Pizza sounds delightful) ! ! !

Karen – Hooray for Progress ! ! !

Barbie – So sad that your legs are still giving you trouble. I hope things get better and better with every day ! ! !

False memories and accusations: Years (decades) ago, during my divorce, I took DD to a child therapist on a regular basis starting before we told her she and I would be moving to a different home. Sometimes we were together, sometimes we went in separate. This Child Psychologist told me that kids will act out and blame the parent who makes them feel the most secure. If a child is worried that a parent will stop loving them, they will be at their best behavior, to prevent abandonment. This means the parent that they treat badly is the one that they know will love them unconditionally. My DD has never challenged anything said to her by her dad, bends over backwards to make his mom and grandma happy, etc. She insists she loves me and my parents, yet rarely comes to visit. If I am visiting in the town where she lives, I have to schedule my visits around her dad’s family’s events. She claims to have no memories of calling me all those bad names, and attempting to beat me up, etc. She only remembers when I called the police on her, swearing that she did nothing to deserve it, but that I made up every story, and punched myself to cause the bruises and scratches. In the beginning of my marriage I thought her dad was lying trying to make me think I was crazy when he would behave badly then call me a liar when I would tell him the things he had done and/or said. Since DD does/did the same thing, I realize it is a strange side-effect of their disease (bipolar), though I am NOT saying it is the same for every bipolar person, but it is for my ex and my DD. I treasure the moments that she is bordering on becoming hypo-manic, as that is when she talks openly and nicely to me, and acts like she loves me and my side of her family. I just keep doing my best, and look forward to the day that she finally realizes that I was the stable person in her life. This got a lot longer and wordier than I had originally intended, but sometimes I need to convince myself, too. It just hurts SO much when our children (especially adult children) blame us for the decisions they made for themselves. In fact, my middle sister blamed me for her problems toward the end, because when my Mom had her fatal stroke, my Dad and I decided to wait until after the expensive concert she was attending had ended, before we called her to come to the hospital (even though she arrived hours before my Mom’s last breath). Sometimes you just can’t win, and sometimes it is why God gave me such big shoulders.

See what happens when I don’t log on for a few days ?!?!!? I type and type and don’t know when to quit.

For Thanksgiving, DH made turkey, dressing, mashed potato from scratch, and gravy. Dad opened 2 pies and made Brussel sprouts. I warmed up the corn. We took it all down to my Dad’s kitchen (reminds me of Joyce’s holiday, only MUCH smaller) I went shopping on Thanksgiving evening. There were multiple discounts at Michael’s Crafts. I arrived at 3:55pm and saw a few people standing under the awning, so I walked slow in the drizzle (it makes my hair curly, but rarely makes it all the way down to my scalp). The front of the line was Mom and Grandma of Payne’s bowling friends, so I chatted with them until the store opened at 4:00pm, then I went to the back of the line (about 12 people). It was pleasant shopping, because the store was NOT over-crowded, and almost everyone was in a good mood. I bought mostly yarn, and started right on hats (and the poncho I’m making with the expensive Vanna White gold yarn). DH tried numerous times to shop at Best Buy, but he has no patience, so after one trip around the parking lot of not finding a space, he just left. We finally got a spot later in the evening on Saturday, so he bought a gift for DS and a Roku for our bedroom, and he finally set up the new TV I won a while ago.

DS is such a teenager ! Saturday at Bowling he was struggling and only bowled a 520 series. Then Sunday he subbed on the Travel Team, and threw a 640. That kid cracks me up. All the kids were being really silly, and teasing each other. Last week he subbed on a different team, then Sunday he bowled against the kids who he had been bowling with last week, so they kept going “Come on Payne, give me a chance to catch up” and stuff like that. // He didn’t have work Saturday evening, so he’ll be trying to get money out of me all week.

The inlaws went back to picking names for Christmas gift exchange since we will all be there this year (Winona MN). I got my sister-in-law, and she is making her own wine lately, so I hope to find something in that area for gifts for her. DH got his neice’s fiancé, so I’m not sure the route he will take for that gift. Since DS only has a once a week job, he is not part of the exchange, but will still get smaller gifts from everyone, mostly Nike clothing or bowling accessories. Since DD still thinks she’s wiccan, and we won’t know until the last minute when she will be with us, she won’t participate (plus, she still considers herself an outsider, even though she has never been treated as anything less than my child). My Dad is going to visit my middle sister’s kids in Arizona in a few weeks, coming back right before Christmas, and my youngest sister is on third shift right now, so Dad will probably sleep late then have a meal or 2 with some friends but mostly stay at home listening to music or watching movies, and my sister will sleep.

It is still pretty busy at work, so I am only up to page 55 now. I just may need to jump ahead, since my laptop battery won’t arrive for at least a few more days, so I get limited time on it at home, and have to get all my radio codes entered so I’m ready for the next contest. If that is the case, and I don’t get a chance to respond to you, know that you are all in my thoughts and prayers.

Hugs again for Everyone ! ! !

Terri in Milwaukee
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :o
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,548 Member
    Options
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Well, I have been driving myself crazy trying to get onto this new phone. Managed to get the sim in, haven't tried to fit the micro card, but I wanted to change back to my old number. Ringing on the phone for half an hour only to get the wrong information. :sad: Had to ring again :s and this time got someone who understood my tech uselessness. I have a number to ring in the morning who should (?!) be able to sort it.
    My stress levels were sky high.
    Not even sure I like it as it is much bigger than my old one.

Been packing all day. Just got meds and toiletries to sort tomorrow pm. My major problem is that it doesn't look like I can check in on line for this flight because we have a change of carrier in Paris, so we will have to get to the airport a long time before the flight. We will have to be there at 5 am. Leaving the house at 4.30 am. Good job we are there for 2 weeks as it will probably take me that long to recover! ! ! We've got a long layover in Paris.
    Beginning to calm down a bit now, but I have been super stressed. Yoga in the morning.

Heather UK
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    I have been wanting a day bed forever. Right now, my bed is a twin mattress on the floor. I had to make accommodations when the girls came. I just ordered myself one, based in part on a review where the reviewer' mom used the sides to help get out of bed.
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Camelot-Daybed-Black-Gold/11089341
    I also ordered pleated gray bedskirts and pillow shams to make it look more like a couch since it my bed is in my living room.

Very nice. That will be great to have your own bed now :)

Janetr OKC
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Signing off until I get home sometime tomorrow. I've had a grand trip and I'm ready to be home. :flowerforyou:
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • pipcd34
    Options
    stats for the day, 1st day back
    ride hm 2 gym- 1st ride since accident, 14.26min, 12.5amph, 119ahr, 151mhr, 2.9mi = 171c
    spin- 35min, 80ar, 100aw, 9-15g, 128ahr, 13.7mi = 332c
    ride gym 2 dome- 8.38min, 9.7amph, 143mhr, 1.3mi = 117c
    ride dome 2 hm- 21.07min, 7.8amph, 2.7mi = 239c
    total cal 859
  • oceanmelody
    oceanmelody Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Carol, my thoughts and prayers are with your family!
    Bad stretch for attempting weight loss for me...DH birthday always falls around Thanksgiving weekend so there is no way to avoid desserts. Just had my first hot fudge sundae in months. Need to get back on track tomorrow!
    Betty
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Katla: Safe and easy travels home. Glad you enjoyed Kentucky and seeing the thoroughbreds. Have you decided about Christmas?

Sylvia: The mice stories just get better. Thanks for the laugh. Sounds like you have a new friend and source of income. Nice.

Miriam: Love the day bed. Very elegant. Hope it's comfy.

Carol: Holding your grand niece and her dad in my prayers. Just awful.

Vicki: Sorry about the trouble with DH's eye wear. Seriously bad customer service is rampant these days.

Heather: I'm green with envy. Have a wonderful trip.

I was sorry the holiday weekend came to an end today. Usually I'm eager to get back to work, but my position has changed, and I'm not adjusting well. Or, I'm just really stressed and tired, and by this time next week I'll have my passion back. Hope so.

Barbie: Thanks in advance for getting December link ready for us to close out the year strong.

Take care, friends. Stay well. We can do this.

Rori
    Colorado Foothills

• DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Morning Ladies,

CarolNC, so sorry for your news and for that dear little girl. Thoughts and prayers are with them.

MicheleNC, I’m so sorry that you can’t seem to think of anything but Denise having your rings. Try your best to focus on her wedding and her happiness and don’t drive yourself crazy. Things have a way of working out the way they should.

Anne, welcome. This is a great place for support and information. Come often and never give up and you will get there.

Kim. Laffin’ at your “hands on hips”. Will be interesting to see if you like the cake.

Joyce, I’m sure the Christmas eve service at “that other” church will be great. I like those services, too.

Irish Terri, I don’t normally put my tree up this early but many of my neighbors have had their outside lights and decorations up since before Thanksgiving and I think that put me in the mood. I do like it up most of the month and normally take it down shortly after Christmas.

CarolGA, sorry about your aunt. A sad time of year to go. And sorry about your battery.

Sylvia, smiley-laughing014.gif you can tell us all the mouse stories you want. Poooooor balloon! I hope DGS doesn’t get too upset with Molly.

Rosi, we are all with you in trying to keep it together at this time of year. I think for many of us it brings memories both happy and sad. I try to concentrate on the happy ones and hope you do as well. (((Hugs)))

Mia, what was your mouse’s name? Too cute!

Pip, so glad you made it.

Mary, how terrible for your poor DD!! When did that happen??? Yes it’s unreal what medicine can do these days.

Vicki, that is so frustrating about DH’s glasses. Can they not fix his new one’s so the anti-glare works? *just shakin’ head*

Elaine, I thought this was a “true life novel” we were writing? You mean, it’s not??? Join in and let us know what’s happening in your life. It doesn’t have to be tragic or exciting for us to care.

Katla, I agree totally….I wouldn’t trade this stretched out wrinkled skin for being fat again. Lol It’s almost like a badge of honor, don’t ya think? smiley-laughing018.gif So glad you’ve had a good trip and how wonderful to feel spoiled.

Terri, I hope you show us a picture of that guy in his Christmas costume. How cute. Sorry you are so busy at work but guess that makes the day go faster.

Gloria, love the quote!!! Woo hoo for tomorrow.

Sylvia, what a great day!! How nice to have a roomie in the studio. And a “handyman” to boot. It don’t git no better than that.

Mary, you go girl!!!!

Heather, I hate that you are stressing. I do hope things are okay at Orly. It seems they have been locking things down in Paris. Just stay safe, whatever you do and have a wonderful trip.

This morning I took my friend to the hospital to get final registration for her surgery on Wednesday. Then we went to lunch and I did terrible but it was so good, so worth it. On the way home we stopped at Big Lots to return something and did a little shopping. Tonight I had a Moose meeting, so it was a full day. I am caught up except for page 62 but it will have to wait until tomorrow. I’m exhausted and headed to bed.

I hope all of you have a healthy and happy day. rose.gif

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, smiley-love013.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,919 Member
    Options
    :) I am headed for bed in a few minutes, so I posted the new thread for December.....I look forward to meeting you all there along with some new community members who may join us.

Here is the link:community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10292606/women-ages-50-for-december-2015?new=1
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,114 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    DJ - 3 years ago last Labor Day weekend. She was at a horse campground. Near Rochester Mn. She was air lifted to the Mayo Hospital. She had 2 plastic surgeons put her face back together with several stitches. She had to ride her horse down a steep hill while holding her nose together. Then was put in between two quad runners and taken to the helicopter. Because of all the accidents that weekend after they stitched her nose back together they sent her home. This was actually a 3 hour drive for her and her husband. They went back to the horse camp ground and because people were afraid of her horse she had to load it. They then drove to Elkriver where she also had to unload the two horses because her DH is not a horse person. I did not hear about it until 11 AM the next morning. We were on our way to my DH's dads house because he was dying. She was given meds into to contact them on Monday. I went there and contacted Mayo and brought her there on Wednesday for an appointment. That is when they had her go in for immediate surgery the next morning to put five plates in her face and wired her jaw shut. They should have never sent her home.

Mary from Minnesota
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Carol how devastating for you DGN. Prayers for your family. So very sad. 780920wevc3spomh.gif

Update on my DGNephew Alexander- He is doing great. I wish I could post a picture here of him but I cannot figure out how to take a picture from FB and paste it here. Thank you to all who have kept him in your prayers and sent him well wishes. 762719nczt5ycbyk.gif