Look what fast food & ice cream have done to my cholesterol

Options

Replies

• Tiznonay
    Tiznonay Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I dont get why ppl are arguing the OP's diet...

I for one, think its awesome and inspiring. I could never live a life without the foods I love. With exercise and maybe a LITTLE moderation it's very much doable! I devoured a Double Double AND fries from In n Out yesterday. Still managed to keep under my daily calories/fat/sodium though. It was fantastic
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options

Well it is junk food in many cases. Fast food from a large corporation is junk. The majority of fast food chains support factory farming. The only one I can think of that does not is Chipotle.

Fast food from a small family owned restaurant that's supporting the local economy and the local food economy (see my Bob's Clam Hut example) is not actually junk food. It's fast food made with love, local ingredients, and cholesterol free oil.

An Applebee's microwaving my pasta is serving me junk food that arrives on a truck and is not actually cooked. It's just microwaved in a plastic bag. Not made with love. Not made by a 3rd generation business.

Not saying my way is better...but I sure am saying that when I'm at a picnic table enjoying my fried food takeout from a small family business that's fast food that sure as heck is delicious and supports a small business. My fast food is superior.

IHOP is not even a real breakfast out...I had a tasty homecooked breakfast for $8 this past weekend. Heck, they even made their own corned beef hash. Felt awesome and went for a walk on the beach afterwards. Cheap, homemade, and fast.

1. Love: Where does that fit into my macros? Cholesterol free oil: There's nothing wrong with dietary cholesterol (excepting special medical cases).

2. Since when do microwaves NOT cook food? And there's no love in microwave cooking?

3. No, you're saying your way is made with love and love is all you need. It doesn't matter if the nutritional content of my burger made at home with love is identical from the burger from McDonalds. Unless your love is adding a little extra protein? Your fast food is only superior within your mind.

4. If I'm ending my fast with food, it is a real breakfast no matter where I eat it, who made it or how much love they did or did not add while cooking it. If I ate it, it broke my fast and is thus a real breakfast. If you hadn't taken that walk on a beach but on a treadmill, would it then have not been a really walk? Because you know, that treadmill wasn't made with love.

I don't see Love in the MFP database. Too bad, my one and only rule for what I can and can't eat is: Can't eat it if I can't log it.

You guys are just talking silly talk.

I microwave my lunch daily. Of course it is just food.

And obviously the OP does not know it all because he said it's illegal to use antibiotics when raising commercial chicken. And it's not.

Walking on the treadmill or the beach is still walking.

You can't log "made with love" but I'm guessing my takeout has more "love" than yours.

I don't care if it has more love (dumbest food requirement ever when discussing food on a nutrition/fitness site). I only care about if it tastes better or not. If yours tastes better (according to my taste preferences and not yours), then I'll eat it. If it doesn't, I'll stick to my evil, corporate, soulless food.

Oh and the microwave comment, I didn't say you said it wasn't food any longer. You said it wasn't cooked by the microwave while in fact, microwaves most certainly do cook food.

And I never mentioned the OP. I was responding to you and your bizarre claims alone.

Don't name call or say that things I've written are DUMB. That's against forum rules.

Just having a friendly discussion.

I like my food made with love. If it's a 3rd generation family cooking food for strangers (in a family owned restaurant) I'm happy to support them. It's just an expression. I'm sorry that you think I'm dumb or that my words are dumb.

If I make something for my parents (who live really far away) you can bet your bottom it's made with love.

I'm sorry if you think the expression is "dumb".

Friendly discussion? I think you are bound and determined that everyone agree with YOU and that we see it YOUR way. Just stop already. We get it. You don't like fast food. Fine. Don't eat it. It doesn't make you superior to everyone else despite what you think.

Not once did I pressure anyone on here to agree with me.

Not once did I say I don't like fast food.

Not once.

I do love fast food. I do love junk food. I don't know how many times I have to say it. When I'm traveling for work or on a road trip you can bet we try to get the most affordable "fast" food possible. Sometimes you have to get creative to avoid grabbing the first Burger King off the highway. Sometimes you have to whip out a Yelp app and find a little cafe or burger joint. Not once did I say it was wrong to buy fast food. There's types of fast food that are better than others--better made, better ingredients, made from scratch.

Sure, it's my idea of "better" but it's also common sense.

If you are stating that a burger from a chain (large multi national chain) tastes better than one from a small family place I'd have to say you had broken taste buds.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    The clean eating and new dieter crowd would consider ice cream every day "a lot." They would also consider fast food and IHOP 5+ times a week "a lot." I think, anyway.

You're on a crusade to argue against the way I describe my diet. My diary is open. Let other people decide for themselves whether fast food 5 times a week is "a lot" and whether ice cream 5-7 days a week is "a lot." We don't need you posting on every page that I don't eat "a lot" of fast food and ice cream.

I'm telling people to look at your diary. The way you describe your diet is misleading. You're picking up less than half your calories from the sort of things you continually brag about eating. You characterized less than a cup of ice cream as a "large bowl" in another thread today. You're providing info to a mixed group of people, many of whom chronically over-eat. There's a huge difference between what you do and what people getting fat would identify as "a lot" or "large".

If you were presenting the information responsibly, I wouldn't be posting.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Arguing people are putting me off imagining jonny dropping that towel. Pls stahp kkthxbai.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    The clean eating and new dieter crowd would consider ice cream every day "a lot." They would also consider fast food and IHOP 5+ times a week "a lot." I think, anyway.

You're on a crusade to argue against the way I describe my diet. My diary is open. Let other people decide for themselves whether fast food 5 times a week is "a lot" and whether ice cream 5-7 days a week is "a lot." We don't need you posting on every page that I don't eat "a lot" of fast food and ice cream.

I'm telling people to look at your diary. The way you describe your diet is misleading. You're picking up less than half your calories from the sort of things you continually brag about eating. You characterized less than a cup of ice cream as a "large bowl" in another thread today. You're providing info to a mixed group of people, many of whom chronically over-eat. There's a huge difference between what you do and what people getting fat would identify as "a lot" or "large".

Well it's an awfully good thing we have you to make sure everyone knows that eating fast food 5 times a week is not a lot.

Thanks for your service.
  • Onesnap
    Options
    I dont get why ppl are arguing the OP's diet...

I for one, think its awesome and inspiring. I could never live a life without the foods I love. With exercise and maybe a LITTLE moderation it's very much doable! I devoured a Double Double AND fries from In n Out yesterday. Still managed to keep under my daily calories/fat/sodium though. It was fantastic

Not arguing his diet. Just arguing that he's saying my responses are irrational and others are saying they are dumb. I would never argue his diet or anyone else's diet.

Just trying to defend myself.
  • Onesnap
    Options

Thank you. That's what I was getting at.
  • harribeau2012
    harribeau2012 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    great!!! on very many levels...
  • Onesnap
    Options

Well it's an awfully good thing we have you to make sure everyone knows that eating fast food 5 times a week is not a lot.

Thanks for your service.

So is eating fast food 5x/week a lot or not? What is it you are saying?

I'm saying that's a lot of money per year if that's the case.
  • emc916
    emc916 Posts: 77
    Options
    Wtf... Ice cream night every night! Good job OP!
  • AmIhealthyyet
    AmIhealthyyet Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I guess I am caught off guard at how rude a couple of people have been in response to this 'success story'. Please make a post of your own on the message boards and 'save' someone else. Oh and I eat at McDonalds in our town! The franchise is owned by a woman who continues, through the years, to give much more back to our town then just about another business here.
  • whiteheaddg
    whiteheaddg Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    what is bad about ice cream anyway? I dont eat fast food cos I dont like it I cook all our family food from scratch cos I like to do that I dont get this clean eating thing anyway!

NOTHING IS BAD ABOUT ICE CREAM! If you can fit it into your calorie/macro/micro plan then there is no reason it can't be enjoyed daily (check my diary). Granted, I lift 3/week, run 2+/week, and take walks daily - but I do this so I can have that calorie space to enjoy my nightly Blue Bell Ice Cream and a glass of wine. Like the OP, I also ensure I get a minimum of 1g protein/lb LBM and roughly .5 of that in fats. Unlike the OP, I don't frequent fast food restaurants, but don't bedgrudge those who do.
  • Onesnap
    Options
    I guess I am caught off guard at how rude a couple of people have been in response to this 'success story'. Please make a post of your own on the message boards and 'save' someone else. Oh and I eat at McDonalds in our town! The franchise is owned by a woman who continues, through the years, to give much more back to our town then just about another business here.

I've only been defensive because the OP and others have jumped on me and said my words were stupid.

Not jumping on the OP because of his diet choices.

He has just written various things that he says are facts when in fact they are not true (the chicken nugget example, the chicken antibiotic example).

You are right that large corporations do have entire departments for Social Responsibility (McDonald's being one, Target being another). This is not a bad thing. In fact, they do it because they have stockholders. Helping the community is great--that's not what I was talking about.

I was referring to a local small family owned business that gets most of their food from local producers (I used the seafood example). It helps businesses all the way up the chain.

Social Responsibility is important, I agree. That's not what I was talking about though. I was talking about food that's not factory farmed. Last time I checked Chiptole is the only fast food restaurant that supports small family farms.
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Just got through eating fried eggs and sausage. Clean eating is buls&@/. Thanks for the post and yes, lose the towel.
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    This is completely, absolutely, 100% wrong.

McNugget innards before they are dyed white:

chicken-goo.jpg

No.

McNuggets are not made from that. I don't even think the stuff in that picture isn't even chicken. It looks like "pink slime," which is mechanically separated beef.

Please, leave your lies and misinformation and BS out of my success story thread.

You are absolutely correct, McDonalds food is indeed healthy, McNuggets are actually made from free-range hormone-free unicorn meat, deep fried in rainbows and pixie dust, and served by little winged cherubs with bad complexions…

Good day
  • jonnythan
    Options
    He has just written various things that he says are facts when in fact they are not true (the chicken nugget example,

You are lying in my success story thread again.

Chicken McNuggets are not made from the substance in the picture. Period, end of story.

Please stop lying in my success story thread. It was rude the first time and it is pure trolling and harassment when you do it over and over despite being corrected.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    This is completely, absolutely, 100% wrong.

McNugget innards before they are dyed white:

chicken-goo.jpg

No.

McNuggets are not made from that. I don't even think the stuff in that picture isn't even chicken. It looks like "pink slime," which is mechanically separated beef.

Please, leave your lies and misinformation and BS out of my success story thread.

You are absolutely correct, McDonalds food is indeed healthy, McNuggets are actually made from free-range hormone-free unicorn meat, deep fried in rainbows and pixie dust, and served by little winged cherubs with bad complexions…

Good day

Those are the only two options.

All chicken meat is either organic, free-range meat or it's what you see in the picture above.

By the way, all chicken meat is hormone-free. It's illegal to use hormones in poultry and swine.

I'm glad you took the time to drop into my Success Stories thread to post some lies about McDonald's, just to insult and run off when your information is proven incorrect.
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    man, i could really go for strawberry softserve right about now...
  • Onesnap
    Options
    Just got through eating fried eggs and sausage. Clean eating is buls&@/. Thanks for the post and yes, lose the towel.

Fried eggs and sausage are considered clean eating! The sausage is a meat and spices (and intestines to hold it together). The eggs are from a chicken.
  • penelepurr
    penelepurr Posts: 204 Member
    Options

(and can I just say... lose the towel? lol)

this!! ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!