• Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Thanks Mia and Heather....beating head on wall....LOL
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Betty - singing as I go "dancin' round the Cristmas, Betty really rocks". I am thrilled for you. What a terrific NSV. We all know you can do it again next year. You go girl!!

Pip Good job with your speaker. We too had the tree in the 60's. I loved it. One year my youngest daughter wrapped up a package of Swiss cheese and put under the tree for me, she told my sister "Mama loves mouse cheese". Ahh, memories.

Mary, thanks so much. I was going to say you deserve the week off, but after reading all your post, it won't be a week off at all.

Mia just let me know when you feel like making oyster stew, I'll be there with bells on.

Beth Faith moves mountains :)

Thanks everyone for the cudos on my weight loss. It encouraged me to work extra hard at water aerobics class this morning. :)

Love you all for the great encouragement.

Janetr OKC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,729 Member
    Options

• mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
  • janetr7476
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Heather - love the pic, keep them coming, we're all all loving this trip with you. :smile:

Sylvia - Your list for getting older was great, made me laugh out loud.

Janetr OKC
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    MFP Advent Calendar
    December 7th 2015~

"Fear Not", she said. "I Bring you news of peace to be restored, For unto you this day is born A Saviour, Christ the Lord. "

Sylvia- Love that list. And YEP I did roll my eyes out loud when I read #2!

Very stormy out on the Oregon coast today. 60mph winds, and LOTS of rain. Its going to stick around for the whole week. So what does my husband and I do when its raining buckets? Go to the pool. Our life is water. :-)

Becca
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Betty, you are an inspiration, keep on going! Hooray for you!
    Sylvia, i am going to share your getting older list with everyone i know, wish i had more duct tape for my next meeting!

I am in maintenance mode right now, it is an accomplishment to just fit in the exercise and if i take a few extra nibbles (cookies) and sips (red wine), i will have to work it off on the treadmill!

All the best to everyone, keep on keepin' on.
    Karen
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    Well here it is Monday again already. It was a busy weekend and DH is sick with the flu. I know he got it from me, but I do not want it back. Got the tree up and decorated. Still working on Christmas cards and have about 2/3 done so plan is to finish them the next couple days. Two of the DGD's had their dance program yesterday. I enjoy watching them dance. Can tell they have been practicing. Also had our CMA Christmas party yesterday. I did real good leaving the goodies along. Weigh in today and down .6 and I will take it. It will all add up in the long run.

pip--Glad to hear you got the appointments worked out. I pray all goes well for furbabies surgery. They are a big part of our families.

Becca--HUGS! Sorry to hear about your sister's attiude. Just read where your sister called and you cleared the air. So happy for you.

Barbie--Sorry you did not get better news. One day at a time.

Joyce--HUGS! for you also. Men can be such a pain when we know from history what they are doing, eating, is not good for them.

DJ--So nice of you to help your friend out.

Carol--Glad to hear the dates are going well. Sounds like a nice guy. Glad to hear Elf will be helping and that should in turn help the little girl.

Carol NC--I think the Kindle idea for your mom is a good idea. It sounds like it is something she would enjoy and isn't that the important thing not how much you pay for the gift?

Heather--Beautiful. I learn so much when you travel. Lights are beautiful and would be so relaxing to sit and watch them.

Meg--How awful. Glad you are doing better, miss you when you don't check in. Are you enjoying this beautiful weather while it lasts? I want to get some Christmas stuff put up outside tomorrow since I am off.

Mindy--Sending HUGS. Don't give up, One day at a time. I agree you need to do what is best for you. I tell my kids I rasied you and do not owe you anything when I pass. If there happens to be something it will be a gift. I refuse to do without just to have something to leave them.

Janetr--Love the little furbabies on the tree.

Rosie--Great view.

Katla--My grand parnets had the tin tree with the color wheel. I have wanted it ever since they passed away and my Uncle tells me it is some where in their house which sits empty and falling apart. They have been gone since 1984. My Uncle owns the place and keeps giving me the run around. But I am not giving up. I told me mom one day I may just have to go and get in myself and check it out. Love the picture of the tree.

Elaine--thanks for sharing the picture of your mom.

Seeing all the different crafts each of us does or have done, reminds me what a full group we are. Thanks everyone for being willing to share.

Betty--Congrates on your fantastic doctor's appointment.

Sylvia--Boy can I relate to all of those. Thanks for the smile.

Ladies time to sign off and get somethings done. Have a great rest of the day, night, and remember we are not in this alone.
    Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE

December Goals
    1. weigh less end of the month then at the first.
    2. log my food, every bite
    3. Take each day as it comes.

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Heather -you look great in that picture! The Matador statue is nice too.

Sylvia - I love the list of getting older!

I found a 25 pound kettle bell at Walmart. I had to check them out carefully because they had rough edges on the handle. Luckily I found one that was smooth. I also made my Christmas card while I was there. Now I'm waiting for my DH so we can go to a basketball game then to the concert for the DGS's.

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,818 Member
    Options
    worked 9 1/2 hrs~ nyquil in and to bed I go....
    catch up later
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Good things always happen when you set out to do good things for others. When salesman heard what we were up to, he adjusted already low sale price so we could get a 3 yr warranty policy "free." (which the gift recipient really needs on this gift)!

Quite pleased with ourselves tonight! Ho! Ho! Ho!

Beth
  • terri_mom
    terri_mom Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Sorry I have been unable to check in, or even read. Busy with bowling and trying to knit and crochet hats for veterans, and now get caught up with all my CBT's before year-end (I did most of them, I must have forgotten to click submit, so I have to start over).

Hugs and Prayers for Everyone ! ! !

Terri in Milwaukee
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    happy mon
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Beth, love the new profile pic!
  • oceanmelody
    oceanmelody Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Sylvia, I love your list!
    Terri, what kinds of hat crochet patterns work best for veterans? I am trying to make 12 hats for charity this year in all sizes and just started number 10. Have to get cracking to meet my goal. Just doing simple striped double crochet.
    Did 40 minutes on the elliptical and I have to admit it was more pleasant with the Beatles on the Itouch...
    Betty
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Heather: You look wonderful with the matador. :flowerforyou:

Peach: The tree is my current photo of me. I am not savvy about posting large photos. :noway:

Sylvia: DH laughed out loud for several "As I Get Older I Realise" statements, especially 9 & 10. Thank you! :laugh:

Becca: We've had heavy rain most of the day but right now we have a peaceful sun break. Your swimming strategy makes sense to me. :bigsmile:

I had planned to go to lunch with a dear friend today but had to cancel because I seem to have a virus & feel awful. She has health issues and doesn't need to be exposed to anything. We'll try again after the holidays. As I mentioned to Becca, we have had a lot of rain this morning but it is lovely at this moment. I am doing my best to enjoy the moment despite having come down with the crud. I'm drinking lots of liquid and taking vitamin C.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

christmas-tree-gifts.gif

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

December Goals :
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week. Work on flexibility and back strength.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least three glasses of water daily, preferably more!
    5. Eliminate alcohol.
    6. Monitor sleep. Try to average 7 or more hours of sleep nightly.

30881843.png
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    :p
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Katla; and others - Let me start over with my preparation of our Christmas Eve Oyster Stew. This year (I'm getting 4 pints of oysters). I first take my oysters and push on them to get that hard white circle out that attaches it to the shell and to make sure there are not any pieces of shell in them. I sauté them in butter (usually about 1 stick for this many) and I am talking 'real' butter, not margarine. I cook them over a fairly high stove eye until the edges begin to curl; then I pour them (and the butter and juice) into a big pot of milk (usually a gallon and maybe another quart) and add some white wine. I don't know exactly how much; probably a cup (more or less) - I just pour until it sounds right; and then I salt and pepper the milk to taste. Turn it up and stir continuously and watch it until bubbles start to form around the outside of the pot. Do NOT allow it to boil, as it will curdle and not be any good. Serve with Saltine crackers. I've always used a lot of Saltines in mine; DH uses very few. I guess this year I will have to watch how many I use. I don't add any extra oyster juice to mine normally. I clean them over a bowl and what drips into it is what is put into the stew. I have poured some in, in the past; but, usually whatever is left on them after I have I finish going through them to get the circle attachment out of them there is enough of the juice still on them and in the folds of they oysters. I do not eat oysters unless the month has an "R" in them either and live relatively close to the beach, too. Close enough that we can get 'fresh' oysters whenever they are available (months with "R"). So I don't eat them during May, June, July or August. Too afraid of getting sick. Another thing I like are oyster parties with oysters iced down in a 'Croaker Sack' and a 'fire' going with friends around.

My boss and I used to go to a couple of local oyster bars at lunch and one day he told me after I had eaten 1 1/2 dozen of them and still wanted another 1/2 order; that he would pay me $10 for every dozen I ate. I finished at 5 1/2 dozen ($55) - nice payday for eating lunch with him. LOL!
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    :#:p
  • janetr7476
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Beth beautiful picture. Why have you been hiding for so long? :)

Lisa
    nice to see your smiling face. Miss your posts.

Jack just went out back to the llama pasture. We heard, what sounded like several coyotes, and an animal shrieking. Hope they didn't get a goat. Two years ago they killed two goats. I'm pretty sure it wasn't a llama cuz papa llama is big and very protective.

Janetr OKC