barbiecat Posts: 17,149 Member
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    barbiecat wrote: »
    nkicthrz22nw.jpg

Thanks for sharing this, Barbie! It is so true. :heart:
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,819 Member
    Becca ... Thank you for sharing how you approach Christmas .

Sylvia .... Good luck tomorrow.

Vicki ... Bulbhead.com for the lights

Hugs to the rest of you!

Beth
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Sylvia - I hope you have an easy time tonight and everything goes smoothly tomorrow.

Michele - thanks! DH had a great time!! We went to a great restaurant, probably the best chef in MN and she spoiled my DH and me. She gave us a sample of her General Taou Chicken. Unbelievable!! DH got cake and ice cream. He sells her all her food and they have a great relationship.

Have a great night everyone!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
    17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Mary; have ,a great day with hubby!!! What's his favorite restaurant?? Gayle Minneapolis
  • fanncy0626
    17761776 wrote: »
    Mary; have ,a great day with hubby!!! What's his favorite restaurant?? Gayle Minneapolis

The Ranch House in Walker. Come up sometime and we can go there!

Mary from Minnesota
  • Sunnygirl_2015
    Sunnygirl_2015 Posts: 184 Member
    <3o:)<3
  • mtowne002
    mtowne002 Posts: 152 Member
    tqoe590gv993.jpeg
    Sleepy Christmas Pig
  • fanncy0626
    Mindy - Adorable!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    edited December 2015
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153786114399486&set=a.10150427657259486.373697.511764485&type=3&theater This is a selfie of my daughter Michelle my husband Charlie and myself. I don't know how I was born with chipmunk cheeks. Charlie thought it was supposed to be a ritzy thing so he wore his dress shoes and cowboy hat.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10207112378201163&set=a.3686795581811.146914.1632819618&type=3&theater After show was over, Michelle and I with one of the Blue Men. He was so sweaty!

https://scontent.fdtw1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/12341272_10207107727404896_7981842005813495637_n.jpg?oh=b8bb8d31f9aa3668aa35e3329ef17c45&oe=571BB5CB This is a picture of Melody with her pet ALF. You all remember him????

Had a great time, well Michelle and I did. at pretty much the beginning of the show Charlie whispered to me that I would need tot ell im the purpose of the nonsense. But he had to go to the bathroom twice and of course the more exciting parts happened when he was there. The second time he was in the BR they had the big finish where they had all the 15 foot balls going around the auditorium, the shooting out of the silly string and toilet paper. Michelle bought tickets at our local ticket master and couldn't get a ticket where Charlie would be in an end seat. So she went to the box office and told them the situation. Told them that Mom had MS, dad had Parkinson's and the stairs would be an issue. The lady put us in a box seat! We had the area to ourselves and had 4 chairs instead of theater seats. We had been in the top (2nd) balcony and got seated in a box seat at about the 4th row level!!! Sorry I couldn't figure out how to get the actual picture.

Heather, glad you are feeling better. Just hope it isn't anything contagious for the plane ride home. I am assuming you are flying??????

Sylvia, when my good friends sister had the same illness your son has and was on the infusion, it was so expensive and so few people were able to be on it, you had to be on a list to be able to get on it. If some one got a transplant, then they were taken off of it and then some one on the waiting list was able to be on it. But in order to get a transplant, some one has to be killed and give up those organs. That was what I was referring to when I said some one had to die. It is sad to know that in order for you to live, some one else has to die for the organs. Is your name on the list that his doctors can speak to you and give you his prognosis for right now? Sometimes we have to learn just by doing something like taking 3 kids to have their eyes checked. But now you can breathe knowing it is done.

Welcome to new ones here. Jump in and join the fun. As DJ always says, this really works.

Was it Mindy(?) who was wondering about a cookie exchange? I immediately thought of Michele when she takes her things to a homeless shelter. Go for the fun and exchange and then give them away as soon as you can.

My fit bit band competely broke the other day. So I went to different sites to see where they had the bands only in store. Couldn't find any in store but Best Buy could have next day delivery. So I got one that is nicely patterned and is like a regular watch or bracelet clasp instead of what the fit bit has. I had some Best Buy reward certificate I hadn't used yet so I got it for $10. Today I was looking for one with a dog motiffe for the one I bought for Michelle. I found one and also one with skulls on it but I have my Amazon stuff saved on my desk top and I was on my laptop and couldn't remember my password so I just thought i would do it tonight while in my office and I can't find it :'( I found the dogs foot prints but it is a small and I don't think it will fit her. I might get it anyway.

Joyce, Indiana where I am tired from shakin my bootie tonight!
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,618 Member
    edited December 2015
    Joyce - I couldn't get your photos up, apart from the sweet one of Melody. It won't let me into your Facebook.

We're home! Came in to find the heating on and milk in the fridge!!! Nice to have a house painter who has become a genuine personal friend. His wife and he own a small house in France which we rented for a week last year.
    The shower cabinet looks great, but we need to get new mirror lights - much too bright!
    The kitchen is lovely. I'm not 100% sure about the blue wall at the end, but it's probably because I'm not used to it. I like the island unit being blue. The painter is coming round this morning so we will see if he needs to finish anything off. The house smells of fresh paint! ! ! :s Then we've got to put everything back! Ooouuufff! My cleaner comes today, so she can help. Then I've got to go to the dentist.
    In the morning we need to exercise and then shop. I have to post back my new phone from the post office. I have a special returns envelope. Got to return it to factory settings first. Grrrr! Sooooo want that saga to be over and to get my money back and the contract revoked.
    Also have to check that online orders have arrived for other people.
    We got back and almost straightaway went down the road to the pub to eat. No food in the house and the kitchen stripped for the painting. I had salmon and vegetables and just dipped my fork in the hollandaise! o:) We never just pop out like that and DH was a bit surprised and reluctant, but he was glad when he got there to have a pint of English ale and fish and chips. :D

Glad to be back. We both are much improved, health wise. DH still a bit wheezy, but he has colour in his cheeks. I wanted him to eat last night, hence the pub. He'd only been eating bread for a couple of days. He is slim and has a tendency to drop weight when he's not well. A couple of years ago he got alarmingly thin.

I will be happy when I've got this phone thing sorted and the kitchen is restored. Don't like messes. :laugh:

Heather, back in Hampshire in the south of England
  • fanncy0626
    Joyce - I couldn't see the pictures on your FB either! Kitty is adorable!

Heather - welcome home! Glad to hear you and DH are feeling better. Now I am excited to see pictures of your painted rooms especially the blue.

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    It's 3:30 am and I have two more cupfulls of crud to drink. We are staying in the La Quinta that we like, in a 2 room suite. It's so nice to have that extra space. Hubby was in the living room watching tv last night while I was trying to sleep (between bathroom visits) and I couldn't even hear the tv. Now he's sleeping while I do my thing. What a luxury. Too bad we can't stay in it longer. We have to leave about 7:00 to get to the hospital in time.

One more cupful now. Almost done! I wonder what the calories are in this stuff. I'll have to see if I can log it.

Later ladies!

Sylvia
  • cityjaneLondon
    Best wishes Sylvia! :flowerforyou:

Turns out that yesterday when the painter turned the heating on the electric shorted out. He isolated the upstairs lights and then heard running water. Turns out the overflow from the main tank was bust. :sad: He called the plumber and he fixed it. I have a stained bathroom ceiling, but it could have been sooooooo much worse! Could have flooded the whole house if he hadn't been here. And if we had got back in the dark and found out the hard way! He had to bail out the attic!
    The electrician is going to put in softer bulbs around the mirror. :D
    The painter is finishing off the snagging, so we can't shift stuff back yet. The cleaner is dusting like crazy upstairs, but we cannot do much in the kitchen.

We went shopping this morning and got easy food so not a problem
    Off to the dentist this pm.

Heather x
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    :)
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    edited December 2015
    Sylvia - thinking about you. Hate medical tests worse than most things, hope yours go well, and the results are good. Can't say I would have found three kids at the eye doctor any more fun, though! Well done you on getting that accomplished.

Heather - glad you're home safe and the DH is doing better. Glad they caught the burst pipe before it did more damage, too!

Joyce - the box seat sounds like fun!

Miriam - such a joyful picture, made my heart all swelly... :)

Woke up with the Internet live at the house, funny how much I miss it when it's not working... makes me so happy to be here, with the dryer going, the dishwasher whooshing... My DH is drinking his first cup of coffee in bed with his laptop, reading the news. Makes him happy, too. We don't ask for much (that's sarcasm...). Just enormous amounts of infrastructure that work correctly all the time, even here in the back of beyond! Evidently something blew most of the electronics on one of the repeaters they've installed up on the plateau north of us. Took out someone's Internet that was 25 miles east of us, as well as blowing out the 'Net for half the ranch buildings. The other half of the buildings, like the cantina, point at the repeater on the hill right above the camp where we live. Thus why there was Internet there, but not at our house.

Third day with my own health issues finally in abeyance. SO hard to tell myself to stay inactive for a couple more days to give things time to heal. I want to be up and running again... Haven't gained any weight, or no more than I had gained back anyway... Was back to 178 mid-week last week. Lost some of that, and standing for days now at 175. At the beginning of November, I was at 167, which was as far down as I made it since I began this April 1.

Trying not to beat myself up about it. Don't really believe in set points, but my body apparently does. This weight is where I stalled out in 2009, four years after my gastric bypass, and stayed for about three years. It's only in the previous two years that I quit paying attention and gained up over 200 pounds again. At this weight, as long as I stay very active, I can maintain it. And, like now, when my appetite is low, also do OK. If I start grazing again, the weight will all come back. And I will start grazing again if I don't stay alert and track what I eat.

For the moment, though, just taking a breath, trying to stay relaxed, enjoy the moment, nap when I'm sleepy, get a little housework done when I have the energy to do it, and just in general, chill. Beginning to realize how much I and many of my friends are caught up in the stresses of life, as if there's some competition for who can be the busiest, most stressed, most crazy... standing outside that has been really, really good for me. Busy-ness is not a virtue. Competing for who's most stressed out is not a competition you want to win.

Learning to say no to OURSELVES when we pull those pressures into our own hearts and souls may well save our lives. It's making mine much better right now. My mother had her first heart attack when she was 51, four years younger than I am right now. She had seven more (at least) before she died at 72. That's not a competition I want to win, either.

Love you guys,
    Lisa in sunny, chilly (32 degrees!) West Texas
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,525 Member
    I survived the Annual Family Christmas Tree Hunt. Barely!!! Silly me.. ate some things I knew would hurt me - literally. Yes I ate a wiener bun at the wiener roast and yes I ate sugar.... so what a combination. Good thing I am off work now for 4 days because I can stay home and be close to the bathroom!!!

So today I will get some walking in, finish my Christmas cards and do as little as possible. I wonder how well I will do with that!! Only a few more parties to go.... Party at curling tonight....nothing on the weekend.... Neighbourhood supper on Monday night.....

Take care everyone, this is a busy time of year, remember to make time for yourselves.

Lillian
    in West Central Saskatchewan
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,149 Member
    :)Mindy, what a sweet dog

:)Joyce, I got to see your facebook pictures....what fun for all of you. I know how to post those pictures on this thread.....let me know if you want me to do that or explain to you how to do that.

1056287i3zmwzup2m.gif Time to walk the dogs. :)
  • oceanmelody
    oceanmelody Posts: 450 Member
    Sorry I have not been posting but I am so dizzy from all the Xmas stuff I should be doing and being unsuccessful at it that all I can manage is to skim through others' posts. Love the new family photo, Miriam!
    Still need to finish shopping, get the tree up, do cards, cook stuff, etc. etc. Managed to get one package off on Saturday. Still not settled about January anniversary. Latest idea is to just go back where we were married for a quick trip down memory lane and meet up with some family and friends, then have a relaxing vacation later on. By the end of the day my brain will come up with something completely different I am sure.
    Nice rainy day today here in western New York, good for napping, not working. Unfortunately I think they are not going to want to pay for me to nap.
    Good luck with everything, Sylvia -- you sure have a lot to deal with in a short time and I am in awe of you!!!
    Betty
  • cityjaneLondon
    Painter still here! Cleaner here! I love watching people work! Of course I've been doing holiday washing, shopping, wrapping presents etc so not toooooo lazy. :laugh:
    Now I've just heard that on top of my son#1 coming on the 27th and staying, I've got my step daughter on the 28th, who is staying the night, and most likely my sister in law and her daughter as well.! :noway: And I thought I was having a nice, quiet easy Christmas this year! We could go out, but if I can get my act together by next week I should be able to cook something. My heart isn't in it right now, but there's time, once I have got the kitchen back together. :ohwell:

All presents wrapped for my brother and family tomorrow. So I am looking forward to a nice, relaxing meal out. They are driving, so we can even have a glass of wine. :D

Lisa - glad you've got your Internet back. :D I know how much I hate it when my infrastructure goes wrong. Or when anything goes wrong. :ohwell: I'm hoping my phone saga doesn't drag on. Grrrrrr! I've posted it back at least.

Heather