WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2015

Replies

• GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    edited December 2015
    I'm finally feeling like I won't die ... day before yesterday a 'migraine' hit me and nothing I took would make it let up. Was worked in to see MD (thankfully somebody cancelled) yesterday after a totally sleepless night. I would NOT have been able to make it to today without something much, much stronger to take. Every muscle in my body was tensed up, so bad that my bones hurt deep down. Have not felt THAT bad in several years when I had a bad case of the flu. DOGD taxied me around. Had to convince her that it was a 'migraine' and not something contagious. Told her that I would wear a mask if that made her feel better about driving me as I knew I could not drive there feeling the way I did and I knew whatever the MD gave me would probably make me sleepy. Maybe I 'shamed' her into taking me. LOL! But, we had a good time; stopped and got Starbucks; but, even that did not taste good to me. Rx did not get sent in until this AM when I called the MD's office to say that Kmart had not received it. Seems like when they 'try' to electronically send it (especially if I really need it) doesn't go through. Just thankful that the shots, yes 2 of them, started to work. Stopped at Olive Garden to pick up a salad to go. Got home, too nauseated to eat it, so that is something I will look forward to today. Climbed into a tub of 'as hot as I could stand it' water and laid there until husband called. They are having a good time although the weather hasn't been the best. Rainy and windy (wind being the worst culprit). Here has been too hot until last night after it rained, starting to get cold. DOS asked DOGD if she had been hunting - 'maybe this weekend' ... no felt like being out there in the heat. DH & DOS have seen some 'good' deer just not close enough for a shot.

Need to get my butt in gear to straighten up the house.

Mollywhippet - with a doggie dog in your door; what prevents someone crawling through it? That would be my concern with a big dog. LOL! Cracker will not go out in the rain to poop; and, since I don't catch her in the act, don't feel like I can spank her about it. She will come to me until I start fussing at her; then she 'cowers' away from me. I don't want her to cower because sometimes she pees. She is let outside about every 2 hours during the day; can hold it overnight. Goes in her crate about 10 -10:30pm after going out for a final time. Stays out until she comes and scratches at the door. Loves the outside especially when my DOS's dogs are out. Right now sleeping in her bed, seems to like the heat from the light; dreaming of running - her little feet move when she does this.

Reading James Patterson's new book "Cross Justice". Think I have read all of his novels that are adult books. Have not read any of his 'mid-teens' books. Saw where one is being made into a movie. I have meant to get some of his books for our soon-to-be 15-year-old DMGD. She has just started to read some for pleasure. Her grades are much improved. Honors Society starting last year; turned around from almost failing (did not care; and part of that was becoming a teenager - difficult time). All those 'hormones'!

Cracker is asleep 'on her back'. Sure wish I had my cell phone camera 'on' and beside me. She'll wake up as soon as I move in the chair. Light sleeper.

• GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    <3
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Janetr - how are you doing? Were you able to get into the doctor? I am concerned about you and the possibility of you having shingles. Will keep you in my prayers.

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,090 Member
    Hey peeps-
    A coworker made this Christmas gift for me so I can give to Kirby! I created the design, It came out beautiful ! Can't wait for him to see it!
    u7qrnjwfsyjm.jpeg
    o8rrx1hwclrw.jpeg
  • Elaine352962
    Elaine352962 Posts: 288 Member
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    Hey peeps-
    A coworker made this Christmas gift for me so I can give to Kirby! I created the design, It came out beautiful ! Can't wait for him to see it!
    u7qrnjwfsyjm.jpeg
    o8rrx1hwclrw.jpeg

Absolutely beautiful designs.

Just want to say Hi. Think I am getting a migraine. Have a dull headache and a zig zag brightly coloured lights around my right eye. Can't see my mobile very well. Speak soon. Best wishes everyone.
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited December 2015
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Janetr - how are you doing? Were you able to get into the doctor? I am concerned about you and the possibility of you having shingles. Will keep you in my prayers.

<3

Mary from Minnesota

Thank you Mary. No I couldn't get in earlier, was a bit peaved. I go tomorrow morning at 9:30. They are looking blistery to me and hurting more today, but not excruciating. There are eight clusters now, some larger than others, of course. I have no idea what it is. Worked a lot yesterday baking and wrapping presents. Today I just don't feel like it. Have a headache. Doing laundry. I'm anxious to see what the doctor says tomorrow.

Janetr OKC
  • janetr7476
    edited December 2015
    Pip, beautifull. I know he will love it.

Janetr
  • janetr7476
    Elaine, hope it's not a full blown migraine. Take care.

Janetr
  • pipcd34
    This is the tattoo on his calf
    c46yot49lfca.jpeg
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Pip ~ Beautiful. I know he will love it.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,618 Member
    Pip - gorgeous design! What a really thoughtful and personal present. :flowerforyou:

Sorry for the migraine sufferers. <3

I went to mop the floor after the painter had gone and found all the floor wipes had gone. We have an oak floor so I use special wipes. Oh well. I thought it would be good to do it while the room was empty of chairs etc, but it can wait.

Just posting my grandson as a Christmas Angel.

jxdr17y8gnke.jpg

Love Heather
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Joyce: I could only get the kitty photo to show. I had a message that the other links had expired or I wasn't eligible to view them. :noway:

Heather: I'm happy you're safely home and both feeling better. Sorry that there were water and electricity problems to fix. :flowerforyou:

Lisa: I hope you are able to power past your set points and move to the optimal zone for your health. This took a great deal of stubborn persistence for me. Don't give up on the idea of optimal health even though it can be a moving target. The tendency to "compete" for busiest & most stressed is something I lived with before I retired. The trick is to get past it. :flowerforyou:

Barbie: I see your offer to Joyce about posting pictures. I would love to learn how so you can add me to your list of possible students. :flowerforyou:

Pip: I love "Livin the Dream." :heart:

Janetr: I am sending good thoughts your way. I hope you feel better soon. :flowerforyou:

We are both suffering from the crud. It has been 10 days so far. We have all our packages sent and can just hang at home and work on resting and getting better. We've both been filling time by reading. I'm currently rereading an old Nora Roberts favorite, Chesapeake Blue. My philosophy is that if a book is a pleasure to read, it is worth reading again, and again. Sometimes quite a bit of time passes between rereads. :wink:

Katla in wet NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

December Goals :
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week. Work on flexibility and back strength.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least three glasses of water daily, preferably more!
    5. Eliminate alcohol.
    6. Monitor sleep. Try to average 7 or more hours of sleep nightly.

30881843.png
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Heather ~ What a lovely angel.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Janetr - can you go into urgent care? It is better if shingles is treated immediately so that it doesn't get in your eyes mouth or inside your body.

Heather- your DGS is so adorable!

Pip- Kirby is going to love that! I love it!

Stronglifts 5X5 workout

Squat-1X5X 65/75/85/95/105/115, 5X5X 120
    Sumo squats-5X5X105
    BP-1X5X 65/70/75, 5X5X 80
    BR-5X5X 85

I felt good doing all of these but my form is still not perfect. It has been three times now and I am going to deload next time. Because of celebrating Christmas this weekend I will not be able to do Stronglifts until Monday. I will bring my 25 pound kettle bell along so that I can work out at the hotel.

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • BarbaraRoseB
    BarbaraRoseB Posts: 9 Member
    What a great group! I just joined -- another Barbara! -- and I'll definitely be with you in 2016. I am so psyched!
  • pipcd34
    cityjanelondon - awwwwwwwww for your lil angel
    katla49 - sorry that you're feeling poopy, take it easy..

dropped off winkle this morning at the vets. I'm hoping she is ok to have the surgery and there are no surprises like cancer or something....
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    edited December 2015
    PIP - love the present for Kirby; neat idea!

Elaine - praying it is not a full-blown migraine. I went to the MD yesterday because starting day-before-yesterday having a migraine and none of the meds I was taking (Max-Alt & Skelaxin, Advil Migraine, and starting over) was working. I have 'light sensitivity' and 'nausea' with my migraines and they feel like someone is trying to chop my head off at the base of my skull. >:) When I wake up with one or it wakes me up during the night - I always have to have a shot of Tordol and sometimes a Prednisone shot. Got a week of Prednisone to take -ugh; but, that bad taste will go away if I drink a LOT of water. Thankfully, they had a cancellation yesterday and I could see my regular MD; I would have been chewing up nails if I had to have waited until today to see anybody. I was 'in tears' when I called his office. Told him I felt like someone had grabbed me by the neck, thrown me up against a brick wall, then hit me all over with a brick, and used me as a 'dammit doll'. He'd never heard of a 'dammit doll'; but, he doesn't ever look like he'd need one. Has the best bedside manner of any MD I go to. My back and shoulders were also so tight that he said there was little wonder that I hurt all over. I could not even 'cry myself to sleep' night before last. Last night I ran a tub of 'hot as I can stand it' water and laid down in it as long as I could ... until it started turning lukewarm. OMGoodness, how wonderful was that!?! Heating pad on back and shoulders; then turned the temperature down in house, and covered up in bed and peacefully (w/C-pap) slept all night long until "Cracker" woke me up wanting to go outside. It'd been a long time since I had had a migraine that bad and I don't look forward to any one in the future. IF I have a headache (of any kind) that starts early in the AM; or if it wakes me up during the night) I always have to get this shot (Tordol) to knock it out. Generally, I go to sleep when I get home and sleep several hours. Wake up feeling very drained but a lot better. I have a lot of sympathy for those who suffer from migraines. o:)B)
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,872 Member
    Good Thursday! Today is our hospital's Christmas tea for the employees. I plan on being very limited it what I eat. So far I have not given in and eaten any of the treats sitting around our office. Got the schedule done yesterday afternoon and my new "boss" just doesn't understand the basics of doing the schedule. By the time we were done I had a terrible headach, but it is done for another month. She just has to show she is in charge and it will be her way all the way. Good thing we do not have to work together again till next Wednesday.

This evening we have DGD and DGS's school concerts. Going to take DGD that lives here in town with us. They live in a little town about 30 miles away. Then we are done with programs until after the first of the year.

Janetr--Does sound painful, hope you get better soon. I agree with Heather you need to call the doctor back and tell them you can not waite.

Margaret--Keeping you and DH in my prayers.

Becca--I agree a lot of people go way over board on gifts. We keep it simple and try to just enjoy the time we can get together.

Allison--Sorry about your friends, I do think it was nice of you to take them the plant.

Beth--Thanks for the info on the lights. Will check it out.

Mindy--Love the Christmas dog picture. He looks so relaxed.

Heather--glad you are home and both of you are feeling better. DGS is so cute.

Grits--Sorry to hear you had such a bad headache hope the new meds are helping. I used to get them and only thing I could do was go to ER get a shot and would sleep for hours and be ok when I woke up. Have not had one of those in years. Last couple days I have had a mild one. Enough to take a couple motrin.

pip--Love it and bet Kirby will also.

Elaine--Hope you are feeling better also.

My sister called last evening and her and my mom are coming to my house tomorrow evening and stay the night. Then we will all go to my Uncle's funeral. Then they want to have a girls day and go into Lincoln and see my cousin in the hospital and shop. I had all kinds of things I wanted to get done, but think time with mom is more important. So going to just go with it and not let myself get stressed. Just enjoy. Know that I keep each of you in my prayers. Love you all and could not do this without your support.
    Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE

December Goals
    1. weigh less end of the month then at the first.
    2. log my food, every bite
    3. Take each day as it comes
  • pipcd34
    stats for the day:
    other- 7 different stretch exercises - 3 sets of 10 each, mhr90 = 42c
    jog- inside track, 10.40min, 1mi = 120c
    other- inside track, 2 laps each, skip, scissors, fast walk, jog, side skip, other, 1.75mi = 111c
    273 total cal
  • pipcd34
    cityjanelondon - awwwwwwwww for your lil angel
    katla49 - sorry that you're feeling poopy, take it easy..