Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2015

Replies

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    penny - I'm so hungry after looking at your pictures! Stay warm and safe!

Janetr - I hope you feel better soon! Let us know how your Dr apt goes.

I'm getting hair done now while I wait for DH to get done at his meeting. I will go check into the hotel and unload. We brought our tree and decorations. We are going to have so much fun!

Bad news, I forgot my Kettlebell :'( I will have to do body weight exercises unless they have a Kettlebell or weights.

Have a great day everyone!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,037 Member
    morning peeps -

jmkmomm - sorry to hear about your pooping accidents, that wasn't fun..., you're right; the one with the halo is rocky, the one that died. that design is an actual pic of a guy pulling an airstream. it was just the shell of the airstream, nothing in it, and yeah it's supposed to look like that... i know he'll like it. i haven't hinted at anything, not even remotely, i'm excited.

lagopus - WOWZERS! THAT'S ALOTTA FOOD! it looks really tasty. hope you had a good time., brrrr. keep toasty in that weather. the creed for USPS is really.. all that except where YOU live.

grits - you know "popping" on the butt of a poocher doesn't do any good after the fact right? inside accident or outside.
    i found that when i caught my poocher having an accident i immediately went up to her, did my "hey" sound loudly, picked her up, took her outside to the area that she was supposed to go to. however, i crate trained all my dogs that didn't happen very often at all.

today I will hear from the vet with regards to Bullwinkle.. :/

type to ya later

• DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding.

Good Morning, Ladies.

Lenora, sorry about the headache but glad you got to the doctor.

Pip, that gift is fantastic! Great design and turned out great. Kirby will love it.

Elaine, hope you feel better soon. (later)Glad it wasn't worse and you are better.

Pip, cool tatoo but gosh you have one hairy arm. tee hee hee

Heather, your DGS is an angel indeed.

Katla, you have both been under the weather way too long. I"m glad you are at least at the point to take it easy and give your bodies a chance to heal. Wishing you health sooner than later.

Mary, you are so inspiring with your work outs. Keep up the good work.

AnotherBarbara, welcome. This is a great place for support and information. Please tell us a little about yourself to help us get to know you. We also ask that you sign each post with the name you want to be called and a location, be it general or specific.

Vicki, good choice to go with your Mom. That will be time that you can never get back. As you know, the other things will wait. I hope ya'll have a wonderful time. I feel the same way about all of you and can't express how much your support means.

Rosi, I used to enjoy shopping late in the season with friends just for the fun of it. I hope ya'll have a great time.

IrishTerri, I think you have done a wonderful job on your journey. I'm glad you are happy with it, as you should be.

Sylvia, what a bummer to go through all that for no better results. I hope you can find a better solution. ((((Hugs))))

MicheleNC, did you forget that you are dealing with a "man"? You have to lay the gifts and wrapping out and specifically say, Vince, will you wrap the gifts? LOL

Janetr, Love your Goal for the year!!!

Joyce, it sounds like you are all set for Christmas. I used to love doing stockings with fun and personal gifts. Don't do any right now.

Gilly, have a safe and happy Christmas.

Penny, all the food looks fantastic. Yum yum. I have never seen so much food.

Beth, I'll be anxious to hear if resuming the Vitamin D helps with your knees.

Lisa, I love pecans. Were these "shelled" pecans you were sending? LOL

Allison, that is a fantastic deal on the National Park passes. Wish I lived near one.

Mary, sorry you forgot your kettlebell but I know you will figure out a way to exercise if you have to lift a small child. Just have a good time.

Pip, sending good wishs for Bullwinkle.

I'm going home for a while today so I can cut my hair before I take a shower. It just gets too long all of a sudden. Then my friend wants out of the house so I'll take her for a little ride and maybe pick up something to eat.

I hope you all have a happy and healthy day.

Words I live by:
    Savor: I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    Opportunity: Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.

Love you,
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Hello again everyone! It's cold out here today. Well, it may not sound cold to those of you in the frozen north, but we have gotten used to those nice upper 60's, and it was 30 this morning. Yesterday it was not much warmer than that all day long. We've gotten spoiled by all this unseasonably warm weather. We would normally be shoveling snow or driving around on the ice this time of year, so I really have nothing to complain about. That does not stop me, however.

Today is the kiddies last day of school before the Christmas break. They are so excited! Next Monday I'm bringing them to the studio for a play in clay day. The oldest has to make a 3-D model of one of the Egyptian pyramids for social studies class, so I will help her make it out of clay. Then Tuesday I'm taking the two girls to Joplin to shop for clothes as part of their Christmas presents. I figure they would like the clothes better if they picked them out themselves. I'm going to give each one a budget and let them calculate "If I buy this and this, I will have this much left". so, it will be a math lesson too. They really need to learn what money is all about and how expensive things are. And that it doesn't grow on trees. The little guy will go to Walmart with grandpa, so he won't be left out.

The other day I found a cute pair of knee boots at Sears for the oldest. She wanted knee boots so bad, but we went to Penney's the other night and held some up to her and they reached all the way up to her hoo-ha because she is so short. So, these have a scrunchy top section that I'm hoping will scrunch down to where they should be. I'm going to let her try them on before we go to Joplin, so if they don't fit we can take them back that same day. But they were on sale and nearly sold out, so I took a chance on them. They were only $20, plus I got an extra $5 off at the register. What a deal.

I skipped the Y this morning because my belly is still pretty sore. I don't know what they were doing in there yesterday, but it feels like a bulldozer went on a rampage. He said they were pulling and tugging trying to get their instruments into the right position, so that's probably it. Now I'm at the studio. Just finished two drafting projects and I'm waiting for hubby to come bring me some clay that is in the trunk of his car. I'm going to load the kiln with kids plates from the birthday party last Saturday and make more slabs for the birthday party this Sunday.

Well, gotta go load that kiln. Have a great day!

Sylvia
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,862 Member
    Happy Friday. I am working 6-3 today and going with DH to the doctor. My mom and DS are coming tonight to spend the night so we can attend the funeral tomorrow. Then sounds like we will do a girls day. I work on Sunday so would like to be home before it is too late.

Irish Terri--This is my real dad's brother-in-law. My parents were divorced when I was 15, but mom has stayed close to some of the family. It will interesting tomorrow as my sister and mom are going to the funeral and my dad's wife will be there. Since dad and my step-dad passed away they have gone to family events and gotten along fine. Sometimes the rest of the family doesn't understand, but they do it for us kids. I respect them for that and have tried doing that with our kids since we got married also.

Janetr--I agree that you should talk to the doctor about his staff.

Sylvia--Sorry the news was not better. I think you should just take some time and think about it before you decide the next step. Hugs!

Penny--Stay safe. Thanks for sharing the pictures, sounds like with the storm all that food might be a good idea.

Well ladies I am caught up and going to be a short day. Take care ladies and remember we are not in this alone.
    Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE It was 14 degrees this morning at 6 when I came to work.

December Goals
    1. weigh less end of the month then at the first.
    2. log my food, every bite
    3. Take each day as it comes
  • pipcd34
    damit - lolol... i did mention that was kirby's calf right? lolol
  • pipcd34
    here's the pic that the design is from

kn61qvgpwvgc.jpg
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,584 Member
    Hi all!
    Just had a snooze on the sofa! Too much al k hol. ;)>:) We had a lovely pub lunch and I had two starters, mussels and scallops. No bread, sauces etc. o:) My super brother drove us both ways and only had diet coke. Love him. <3

Sorry Sylvia, news isn't better, but at least you know exactly what you are dealing with. Hugs.

I have officially put on one pound over my holiday in France for two weeks. :D Must be all that wandering about for hours on end. :D That is about what I calculated, though.

Still haven't sorted the kitchen out. :ohwell: It's just about dried off now. :)

Love Heather x

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Pip: Thanks for your good wishes. Poopy is the only malady that is currently off my list of miseries. Headache is the top of the list, but has backed off to just barely noticeable.. :grumble: Sending good thoughts for Winkle. Our furbabies are so important in our lives. :heart:

Grits: Sorry about your migraine and happy that you were able to get relief. :flowerforyou:

Irish Terri: I have a bookcase loaded with books that I reread time and again, usually a year or more apart. Those that don't get reread get donated to the ongoing library book sale. :flowerforyou: I am so sorry that you've lost four friends this month. So many at one time is very hard. :broken_heart::heart:

Janetr: :flowerforyou:

Becca: I :heart: your new photo. You are lovely! :flowerforyou:

Sylvia: (((hugs))) Your shopping trip with the granddaughters is a wonderful idea. :bigsmile:

Penny: What a feast! Stay safe during the storm. :flowerforyou:

Beth: I remember our Vitamin D discussion and just upped mine X3 due to the dark of winter. I should be well under the toxic level. Everything improved within an hour or so, except that I still have the flu. :ohwell:

Joyce: Sorry about your pooping accidents. I hope you're better now. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

DJ: Thanks for your good wishes. :smiley:

Barbie: I'll try a photo later on. Thanks for the instructions.:smiley:

Neither of us is over the flu, but I am feeling a little better, at last. I think DH is a bit better, too. Some of you may notice that my ticker has dropped. NOT a good thing as it is unintentional. I never thought that would happen in my lifetime. :noway:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon where it isn't raining at this moment.

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

December Goals :
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week. Work on flexibility and back strength.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least three glasses of water daily, preferably more!
    5. Eliminate alcohol.
    6. Monitor sleep. Try to average 7 or more hours of sleep nightly.

30881843.png
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Yeah, I know catching Cracker in the act is part of it. She's gotten to go outside every 2 - 2.5 hours all day long; last time is after supper and as late as possible: 10 - 10:30pm and then put in the crate until Louis gets up and lets her out, or if not here until she wakes me up 'barking using her inside voice' (quietly). We laugh at her because she will not 'talk/bark' on command; but, she talks a lot to us, soft growls, a few light barks circling, or sitting in front of us just staring, occasionally crawling up in our laps if we let her ... all quietly. She's just a tad too big to be a lapdog; but, she tries it anyway. Outside she loves to run. Faster than the wind and also faster than the lab and Boston Bull Terrier that my son owns.
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
  • janetr7476
    edited December 2015
    Back from the doctor's visit. I have a moderately severe case of shingles. Eight plus lesions. Gave me Valtrex, Prednisone and Norco. Ugh. I just don't have time for this :)

I also told the doc about the receptionist and how she treated me and that I was unable to get in until today. He was mad, he said I can always work in a patient with a problem like this. He said thanks for letting me know and I'll talk to her, I do not treat patients this way. Then when I was ready to leave he said again I'll take care of that matter we discussed.

Janetr OKC
  • ltssharon
    ltssharon Posts: 195 Member
    I wish someone would tell me what button to push to reply to a certain comment on this thread. Please tell me if you can. Thanks. LTS
  • janetr7476
    The Gift Wrap and The Jewel

"I looked in the mirror and what did I see, but a little old lady peering back at me
    With bags and sags and wrinkles and wispy white hair, and I asked my reflection,
    'How did you get there?'
    You once were straight and vigorous and now you're stooped and weak, when I tried so hard to keep you from becoming an antique.
    My reflection's eyes twinkled as she solemnly replied, 'You're looking at the gift wrap and not the jewel inside.
    A living gem and precious, of unimagined worth
    Unique and true, the real you, the only you on Earth
    The years that spoil your gift wrap with other things more cruel, should purify and strengthen, and polish up that jewel
    So focus your attention on the inside, not the out
    On being kinder, wiser, more content and more devout
    Then, when your gift wrap's stripped away your jewel will be set free, to radiate God's glory throughout eternity.'"

By Wanda B Goines August 28, 2015
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Love that Janet!
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    :)
  • Lagopus
    Lagopus Posts: 1,016 Member
    Beautiful, Janetr!
  • pipcd34
    janetr7476 wrote: »
    Back from the doctor's visit. I have a moderately severe case of shingles. Eight plus lesions. Gave me Valtrex, Prednisone and Norco. Ugh. I just don't have time for this :)

I also told the doc about the receptionist and how she treated me and that I was unable to get in until today. He was mad, he said I can always work in a patient with a problem like this. He said thanks for letting me know and I'll talk to her, I do not treat patients this way. Then when I was ready to leave he said again I'll take care of that matter we discussed.

Janetr OKC

that's awesome!! way to go,
  • pipcd34
    ltssharon wrote: »
    I wish someone would tell me what button to push to reply to a certain comment on this thread. Please tell me if you can. Thanks. LTS

if you hit the quote button like I just did, that's as close to a "reply" as you're gonna get... that would be a great feature. if there's a long post, you don't have to "quote" the ENTIRE msg, just the part that you are replying to.
  • janetr7476
    Thanks, Ladies, for the Comments on "The Gift Wrap and the Jewel". I thot it was beautiful too. It was sent to me on facebook, an old lady sitting in a wheelchair recited it and it made me cry. I looked and looked until I found it written to I could have the words.

Janetr OKC