Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2015

Replies

• GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    o:)
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,199 Member
    Merry Christmas to all. You all a special gift to me. :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,124 Member
    t79036.gif Merry Christmas to all of you who celebrate. We don't celebrate Christmas but it is our custom on December 25 to go out midday to eat at our favorite Chinese restaurant. Our friend who had Thanksgiving dinner with us flew back from Texas last night and will eat with us and bring a friend. Jake built a fire in the wood stove so we see a perfect day ahead of us.
    t7855.gif Barbie from NW Washington where it is almost cold enough for snow
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member

This is my sentiment, exactly. Thinking of you all today.

Love,
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC, 76 degrees
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    MERRY CHRISTMAS to alll
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    barbiecat wrote: »
    We don't celebrate Christmas but it is our custom on December 25 to go out midday to eat at our favorite Chinese restaurant. t7855.gif[/url] Barbie from NW Washington where it is almost cold enough for snow

Merry Christmas to all my friends here who celebrate. May your day bring all you want it to be!

We too do not celebrate Christmas. It is also our Jewish tradition to eat chinese on Christmas day. Our son who is flying in from Chicago as I type asked if we could go as soon as he lands.

Cheri in still warm NE Ohio
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Rori: I hope the snow provides you some beauty. It was lovely here for a few hours. There aren't any traces of it left this morning. I have been a resident of western Oregon all of my life and there have been few occasions with snow before Christmas and yesterday was the only Christmas Eve Day snow I recall. It was a nice treat. Sorry that your TV went kaput. There should be some really great deals on new TVs available tomorrow. :bigsmile:

Sylvia: Merry Christmas. Your new computer sounds grand, and it was wonderful that your son was surrounded by his kids and their mom for Christmas Eve. :flowerforyou:

Janetr: Lovely family! :heart:

Michele: I am happy that you've heard from your son. Two emails are very nice. I hope they are the beginning of a new era for both of you. :flowerforyou:

DJ: :heart:

Heather: Thanks for the seasonal love. Back atcha! :heart:

Joyce: You're right about my blood pressure. It has always been low. I have just enough for my own use. :wink:

Lisa: This group of women has been a gift in my life, too. I know how you feel. :flowerforyou:

Alison: Appreciate Tom's card & enjoy it. His continued presence in your life means something. Live in the moment for a while. :flowerforyou:

Lenora: I hope you have a dry day for Christmas. Hugs! :flowerforyou:

We are enjoying the morning in our sitting room. River otters swam by and two of them seemed to be paired. DH looked up the mating habits of river otters, and it was interesting. A few years ago a neighboring man trapped and killed the whole otter family who lived here. Luckily he moved away. A new tribe has finally moved into the territory. We love to watch them.

I wish each of you the pleasure of friends and family in the holiday season. We had a phone call from DS last night and were able to chat with many of our Kentucky family and friends. We haven't heard from DD as yet. I hope we will get to see pictures of the grandkids opening their presents. Tomorrow I will have the unexpected pleasure of a riding lesson. I didn't think I'd get a chance to ride until January. Luckily, I'm far enough over the flu that I can spend some time in a cold arena without worry.

Merry Christmas to all who celebrate. For those who are impacted by Seasonal Affective Disorder, Rejoice! The days are getting longer! :bigsmile:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

December Goals :
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week. Work on flexibility and back strength.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least three glasses of water daily, preferably more!
    5. Eliminate alcohol.
    6. Monitor sleep. Try to average 7 or more hours of sleep nightly.

30881843.png
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Merry Christmas! And best wishes for a wonderful day for those who don't celebrate. Chinese food sounds like a great tradition for that day of the year. Our local chinese place had a sign saying they would be open for Christmas and hubby and I considered going there ourselves, but I already bought a ham thinking the kids would be coming here.

This morning I made a pecan pie with a french pastry crust for hubby. I normally use a frozen crust but I was feeling adventurous today. It turned out well so far, crumbly but easy to roll out, but we will have to see how it is after it's baked. Its in the oven now.

For those wondering about the dog at my son's apartment...they have him wearing a belly band thing that a kotex pad fits into, so he pees into that. Poor thing. I don't think he's been outside in years. I'd love to get him to my vet to be checked out, but the one time I suggested it they refused.

I'm loving my new computer. It's nice to have a real keyboard instead of that little pop up keyboard on the ipad. I do kind of miss the autocorrect though. It was wrong a lot, but it was right most of the time. Now I have to correct my own mistakes. What a drag! K finally figured out how to get facebook up and running, so that's a step in the right direction. I was trying to figure it out, and I think my old laptop is about 15 years old, so it's high time it was upgraded. My desktop is even older, but it runs my cad software, so I can't upgrade that. Ever.

I was bragging about the weather yesterday, and now I see they are predicting snow for Monday and Tuesday. I knew it couldn't last.

Well, I hope you are all having a wonderful day! Love and huge hugs to everyone!

Sylvia
  • barbiecat
    :)Katla, We have a sign hanging on our wall that says, "If you are lucky enough to live near the water, you are lucky enough."......I think you know that. We are not quite as close to the water as you are, but we see the water sometime almost any time we drive somewhere and remind ourselves that many of the people on the road have saved for a long time to be able to vacation where we live.

:'(Sylvia,What a shame that you can't get that poor dog away from your son to have his health checked.. :) ..congratulations on taking a chance on making your own pie crust and succeeding.

:)MIchele, hearing from your son is good news....Jake's son is rarely in touch with him and I know that makes him sad. :'(

:)Cheri, The local Jewish community (we are not active with them, although we get their email newsletter), goes every year for Chinese food but they go in the evening too late for us. We sometimes invite friends and sometimes go alone.

:) We are spending the morning sorting through paper files and trying to weed out stuff that doesn't need to be saved. I signed up for online delivery of the statements for our investment account and IRA and now that I can access all the statements online, a lot of stuff can be shredded. Jake is in charge of shredding.

<3 Barbie
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,588 Member
    Hello everyone!
    Had a wonderful day! Now going to eat leftovers and watch Call The Midwife. <3

Love you all,
    Heather UK
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,225 Member
    Merry Christmas to all my special friends. Even though I am not here much these days you are near in my heart. Happy Hanukah to those who celebrated that holiday!
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Barbie, I have been trying to purge paperwork. I am a real saver of information. I got ride of two feet worth of papers the other day- old tax receipts, etc. I would like to get down to just my four drawer file cabinet with all the papers, including family geneologies, etc. I have a ways to go, with several file boxes of just my dad's sermons. He was an Episcopal minister.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,977 Member
    Good Afternoon precious friends~
    I got quite a bit of exercise in today, and may go for an evening bike ride..
    just back from the pool..I have been soaking up every minute of our time down here, Tommy downer keeps reminding me of how many days we have left...
    we are going to the Christmas Pot luck here in the park... I will try and behave and eat lots of the vegetables and salad , and maybe a spoonful of bad here and there.. will bring my big glass of water..
    going to pick up Toms uncle tomorrow afternoon and go to Toms cousins house and probably out to eat, Sunday will be trying to clean what we can as we are having friends over for dinner monday..
  • Sunnygirl_2015
    Sunnygirl_2015 Posts: 184 Member
    Feeling blue today and like nobody loves me. My DH is very controlling and has been pitting the kids against each other to draw all the attention to him all week. It's just so hard to watch. If I say anything they all jump on me :s Going to nap before we go to my family's later today for dinner. Oh yeah, he gave me Bon bons! I don't and never have eaten Bon bons. Not really much of a chocolate fan unless it's dark chocolate. I'd like to shove them somewhere the sun don't shine rather then smile and say thank you. I know he meant it like I do nothing but sit around eating chocolates. Ug. I have to assert myself more so he can't take all the credit for everything. I have to figure out how.

Someone here said it. And I agree. Time to take care of me. I've been on and off my food and exercise plan really if I'm honest since September. No more, me first since the DH and kids seem to be doing just fine!

Wishing you all love and peace in your day.

❤️ Rosie in so cal
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Merry Christmas to everyone that Celebrates! Have a Wonderful Day to those who don't!

Having a puppy is like having a newborn baby! He woke me up whining 4 times in the middle of the night. I took him outside each time and he did have to go. Right now I am kennel training him. Then in two weeks I'll teather train him and kennel him at night. Then eventually he will have an open kennel for sleeping. My DH is actually allergic so I have to train him to stay off of the furniture and bed. Anybody here familiar with kennel training? I've never done it before.

Have a great day everyone!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,588 Member
    edited December 2015
    Janetr - LOVE your family photo!

Here's our family pudding time. 2di832nzdt8e.jpg

DH, DDIL, DS#2, DDIL'S father and mother. The Christmas pudding is an old war time recipe borrowed from DH's 89 yr old aunt. We made it in October! :laugh:

Soon going to bed to read for a bit. I hope to get some sleep tonight, but, judging by my recent efforts, I'm not counting on it. :)

Rosie - you're right. Time to love yourself. <3

Heather in London UK
  • barbiecat
    <3Rosie, I hope you will take more time and energy for yourself and find a way to be more detached from your husband and his negative behaviours. <3
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,811 Member
    Rosie .., hugs to you today! Listen to these ladies ... How we treat ourselves is how others treat us as well. Terri will tell you to put on your tiara ... She will be right! You are a person of worth and value!

Merry Christmas to those who celebrate. To my Jewsh friends, enjoy your Chinese dinner (have lots of water nearby). And to those who have no particular feelings about this season ... Keep logging!

Beth
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member

Ditto!! (((hugs)))
    Becca
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Well, teenager loved his gifts. My gifts were calls yesterday from eldest son, and middle son this morning. Eldest sons' car is in the shop, so he is learning walking from point A to B. My middle son had duty today, so he called at 8 AM. He got a 3 ft tree, and will keep it up until his wife returns from being out to sea, sweet. He sent us money and a box with a gift for his younger brother. He is really a caring and thoughtful kid.

I rec'd a dictionary for crossword puzzles from husband. I was worried it would be some Karma Sutra manual like he was telling me he was going to buy. I was opening it up really cautiously so son wouldn't see!!! He fooled me!
    I gave my husband a Star Wars comic book that he wanted. We bought our son a game card, a Lego set, and a book from a series he reads. Life is simple and we all were sipping tea and smiling after opening each of our gifts.
    I started organizing the Christmas decorations and then decided to put everything away. So its packed carefully, and the living room looks sparse but tidy.

I shall put the "Dish Yule Log" that is on a specific channel on again tonight. That is fun to have on your TV. I feel like I have a fireplace! There is one called The Happy Yule Log, but that has a cat and dog that come in and out of the area screen. Its not realistic at all. I think they have the fireplace away from where they walk around, so when they are lying in front of the fire, they are really a ways away from it. I noticed that when the cats tail seemed to be right in front of the fireplace. Hmmm that cat should be freaking out about now...

I am getting my chalkboard frames together, so I can put them up in the kitchen for "Positive mental input". To those that don't know what I am talking about, I took some pictures with glass inserts, and sprayed chalkboard paint on the glass then re-inserted it into the frame. I then write positive mantras on them for me to look at each day and say in my head. It's a great way to stay on track!

I have a LOT of videos, and CD's that I don't watch anymore. I was thinking if I write a list of ones, post it on here every now and then, if you wish them then I will send them to you. I will just tell you how much it cost to send the box, and you can pay me that via check thru snail mail. Do you all still have VHS tapes .....or maybe its only us.. hahaha. I was cleaning the cabinet, and thought, there are sooo many movies we don't watch anymore. Its a waste of space, really. Maybe if there are relatives you know that have tape players, but don't have cable it would be a nice thing? Just a thought. Maybe I am mis-using this site, hmmm. We are all family here.

Take time to notice that we survived the holidays, and came out the other side unscathed!!
    Sip a cuppa today and just breathe.
    Becca
    Oregon