WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2015

Options

Replies

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,116 Member
    Options
    Lenora - thanks for the advice. It sounds like you have your puppy under control. Hopefully mine will learn quickly.

Allison - we were watching the Dog Wisperer this morning. I downloaded a book that he wrote where he got 4 puppies and trained them. Very interesting!

Katla - thanks for the advice on biting. Quick and to the point. He is much better today. I am also biting him like Cesar showed on TV today but he is so small he thinks I'm playing.

Peach - I love the table cloth! Beautiful!

Off to get puppy supplies!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Afternoon Ladies,

Mindy, your post about the airport reunion brought tears to my eyes. Sooo sweet! Love the pictures of the kids, especially the one with the dogs.

Mary, Shep is darling!

Gloria, good to hear from you. I hope you get some rest and can come back more often.

Joyce, you talked about the boy that had so many presents and it reminded me of the neighbor we had a few years ago. They had 2 very spoiled kids with so many gifts that the 4 year old got tired of opening presents and wanted to go out and play. I just shook my head. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas to share with us.

Michele,NC, I agree that kids have to take some responsibility for their actions and decisions and not blame everything on their parents. I’ve seen too many houses with a number of children where they all turn out different. They are being raised by the same parents but are nothing alike so there has to be other influences, right? I think some kids keep blaming things on their parents for so long that they begin to believe it. Wow, that table looks huge. Sorry about the chipped plate.

Heather, glad you got some sleep. Hope you have a safe drive.

Janetr, so glad you had a good Christmas. I hope everyone makes it home safely and without any weather related problems.

Allison, it sounds like you are smart to just give Tom his space when he gets in a huffy mood. I just hate that he doesn’t realize what a gem he has in you. ((Hugs)))

Barbie, congrats on making it through the week with no exercise, but so sorry it didn’t give you any relief. ((((Hugs))))

Katla, happy for you on the unexpected riding lesson. I’m so glad you are well enough to go.

Sylvia, glad you like your computer.

Linda, sorry your dad didn’t make it for Christmas day but hope you had a good one, anyway.

We had a lovely Christmas. We normally have mimosas on Christmas morning and had the OJ and champagne but just never had them as neither really wanted them. When we went to my friend’s for Christmas dinner, they were just mixing mimosas so that was a pleasant surprise. (by then I was ready. Lol) There were two guys there that I hadn’t met and had been looking forward to it so everyone had a wonderful visit. The food was good but not “great” so I didn’t overeat. Woo hoo The hostess sent home lots of leftovers so we have dinner tonight. Being away from the house helped me not morn over missing my DD too much or our recently departed fur baby. I keep kidding DH about going to the beach this afternoon as it is soooo warm.

I’m glad that most of you seem to have had a nice Christmas. Now I guess it’s time to set our sights on the new year that is just ahead. I know I have to get serious about exercise and what I’m eating but I have to say it’s been nice this month to be able to eat some things out of my norm and still maintain.

I hope all of you have a healthy and happy day. rose.gif

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, smiley-love013.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon all!

I am HOME again! :D Had a very good Christmas. :D

It took DDIL to tell me all about DS#2's new job, which is only for 3 months :'( . He hopes it will be extended and has feelers out for other jobs. She thought he had told me all this - NO! It is in Brighton, which is an hour on the train from London.:ohwell: If it turns out to be permanent they might move there. It is about one and a half to two hours drive from us, so it doesn't make much difference. I LOVE Brighton. She would commute 2 days a week to London. Bear in mind she is expecting their 3rd child in March. :ohwell:
    We also sorted out dates for us to come and stay around the birth date. She will need a lot of help as it's a Caesarian. With two young children. DS can only take a week off. I blench to think of it all. They also only have a tiny car so will have to buy a bigger second hand one.
    We will go up for the day in Jan to see the grandchildren. Then in February they are coming here and leaving the kids while they check out Brighton and stay over for a nice pre baby break. <3:D I want to do as much as I can for them as MY mother was completely useless. My ex's mum was wonderful and I so appreciated it.

Some of you may remember my saga with the new mobile phone which I sent back. I was billed for it again today! :sad: Having failed six times to get onto their website I found the personal email of the CEO on Companies House and have sent him an email. We will see if I get a reply. Grrrrrr! Shocking customer service. :sad:

Katla - so happy you are going riding!

Joyce - the pudding is a steamed one. 5 hours steaming! Then another 2 hrs on the day! It was well received. The brandy butter I made is also on the table and you can have cream or custard with it.
    The hats are from a great British tradition - Christmas crackers! You put one beside every plate. You pull them with your neighbour and they go bang! They contain a paper hat, a joke and a small present. Everyone wears a paper hat for Christmas dinner. That's so you look silly in the photos every year! You also read the joke out and everyone groans.
    At least it's one tradition that is not fattening. :D

Barbie - sorry you are not feeling better. :flowerforyou:

Love to all. Heather UK
  • terri_mom
    terri_mom Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    The day after Christmas. One picture is with my daughter and the other is my mother in law
    f6fn64awy1wg.jpeg
    262faij19e9s.jpeg
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,549 Member
    Options
  • vicky1947mfp
    vicky1947mfp Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    ybtbxhrqgogk.jpeg
    My collection of snowmen
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    Options
    All of you who have posted photos - I LOVE them! Thank you. <3

A little addendum to the uncommunicative son story. In a Christmas card to some old friends I mentioned that I was expecting my 3rd grandchild. In their card to my ex they congratulated him. My DS#2 had not told him. :ohwell: :laugh: He wasn't best pleased.

Love Heather UK
  • kimses2
    kimses2 Posts: 218 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Merry belated Christmas to those who celebrate it. We had some wonderful family and friend time yesterday. Just taking it easy today (although I did work out). I was poking around on the message boards and found this post about tracking and found it to be very helpful.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1234699/logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide/p1
    Time to get the junk out of the house. No sense in waiting for the new year!

Here's a pic of me icing my knees from doing the P90x3. Still chugging along and getting a bit easier, but one knee started swelling. I'm not as sore as I was week1. Just finished week2.

z6wmkzrmnesp.jpg

Kimses in MA
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    o:)
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Happy day after Christmas. The last two days have flown by with lots of time spent with family. Eating to much. But wouldn't change it for the world. DH even did well as he got me a ring with the chocolate and white diamonds. Love it.  Weather is strange again. It was cold and misty most of the day yesterday and then last evening we had lighting and thunder with rain. Sounds like snow the next couple days. We are to go meet DD and pickup DGD to come visit a couple days. The drive is about an hour away and will leave soon as I get off work. I just hope the weather doesn't get so bad we can't get her home Monday.

Mary--Your new family member is soooooo cute.

Thanks for all the good wishes for DH. We are both doing better since we know it is not a tumor. He is drinking his ensure and did try and eat the last couple days. So taking it one day at a time.

Allison--Just because DH is stuck between an rock and a hard place of his own making that does not give him the right to make you unhappy. You have a right to be loved and treated right. Have you thought about seeing a cousler.?

Michele--I pray things got better when Jess got there. I wish you were closer and we could of spent the day together. Interesting email from Bryan. My sister started seeing an therapist and then she had all these flash backs about being abused. My other sister and I could never figure out what family she grew up in as we never saw what she claimed.

Grits--Crackers is so cute. Looks a lot like our Toby.

Heather--Love the remodel.

Sylvia--I am so sorry for what he did. Is the wife living there? What is her problem? Give DH a big HUG from me for all the help he gave you. You went above and beyond again.

Linda--Where do you buy the Kong dog toys? Our dear Oscar can destroy a toy in just a day, two at the most.

Margaret--Hope DH is back home and doing well. Sending hugs and prayers.

Pip--Great buy on the tree.

Janetr--Love Love Love the family picture. What a nice looking family.

Joyce--The time with your sister and the church service sounds so speical.

Rosie--HUGS. You take care of you. You are worth it and more.

Mindy--What a great greeting. Who cares what anyone else thinks. Beautiful family thanks for sharing.

Peach--The the dinning set.

Well ladies the beginning of a new month and year is almost here. I know I have done really bad eating this last week, but going to pick myself up and dust myself off and start again. Hugs and prayers to each of you and know that I could not do this without you.
    Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE

December Goals
    1. weigh less end of the month then at the first.
    2. log my food, every bite
    3. Take each day as it comes

• pipcd34
    Options
    stats for the day:
    jog- 37.41min, 6.3-6.5sp, 147ahr, 179mhr, 9.25ap/min. 4mi = 421c
    other- 25.36min, 7 different stretch exercises - 3 sets of 10 each, mhr110 = 92c
    513 toal cal.

WELL, WE BOUGHT HIM A BIKE!. he was able to give it a quick test ride and went up a hill. had to buy new fenders, a rack and got him a new pannier, i will probably take him cuz i carry so much more stuff than he does. i'm excited for him. they weren't able to discount the price of the bike but they did discount all the stuff that he bought for it and transferred the maintenance package to this bike which was very nice of them. maintenance packages are only for the life of that bike and isn't transferable to another bike but since we are good customers and he did get hit, they made the exception. pic of bike to follow. i was a bit nervous seeing him ride like a mother hen but i was confident that he wasn't going to continue riding if he wasn't able to.

i love all the pics, i really liked the pic of the table!

oh and i weighed myself, i am finally over my goal weight (not that i was trying to or anything) but now i am 5 lbs over my goal weight or 8 lbs over my usual weight however you wanna look at it. i redid my profile so it was accurate. i am not worried about it, i know i'll loose it once i get back to consistently riding again. right now, i'm driving and the schedule is wacky because of the physical therapy appointments and stuff. Cooked our turkey breast, thanksgiving dinner yesterday, leftovers here we come! thought alot about lenny but it's natural for me this time of year.

heard some news from my sis about one of our brothers, the oldest. for some reason he has stopped talking or coming around our mom. well my sis finally got the chance to go talk to him to wonder why, well he laid it all out, he has some issues with her and they finally came to a head, he took all he could take from her from years of stuff and he has had enough. he told her (sis) don't try to get us together because it's not going to happen. he says he is not going to her funeral when she dies. sis told me that she was going to stay out of this one and she hopes that mom doesn't approach him to find out why he is staying away from her because she said he will tell her stuff she may not want to hear. they are 14years apart in age so they kinda grew up together. sis say that if he lays into her that she would not be surprised if she came home and blew her brains out. she's tried to kill herself multiple times while i was home but when you try that stuff, if YOU REALLY want to kill yourself you can, otherwise it's a cry for help or in moms case, to be the center of attention, you don't do it with a room full of people where they can knock down the door and drive you to the hospital. this was groundbreaking news for me to hear. i pray jesse (oldest bro) will heal and never confront her, at least not in anger.

type to ya later peeps

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    I had a lovely riding lesson today and continued riding for more than an hour afterward. DH tried to reach me but the phone was in the car & I didn't hear it ring, so he's mad right now. I hope he forgives me sooner rather than later. I am sooooo cold that I'm going to go soak in the tub. Have a good day. :heart:
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,116 Member
    Options
    Pip - Kirby's bike looks great! It will be an aide in his healing process. It's so nice to see the two of you getting your lives back on track. You're right about not worrying about the weight it's only temporary!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    I had a lovely riding lesson today and continued riding for more than an hour afterward. DH tried to reach me but the phone was in the car & I didn't hear it ring, so he's mad right now. I hope he forgives me sooner rather than later. I am sooooo cold that I'm going to go soak in the tub. Have a good day. :heart:

Katla, if you had your phone during the riding lesson, and he called and the phone rang and startled your horse, the horse might have thrown you off and you could have been stomped on and killed. Dead. So, your putting the phone in a safe place was a common sense safety issue and your hubby should be thankful that you had such foresight and saved him the grief and expense of the funeral. Tell him ," you're welcome".
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Vicki, the drunken "wife" moved in with him and the kids after she got out of rehab, in theory so she wouldn't relapse. She stays in the bedroom all the time, reading or surfing. She never cooks or lifts a finger to clean up, even after the dog, which is hers. And she never pays for anything, but she does let him drive her car when he has to go out to get anything. I have not been told that she has been abusive toward him or the kids the way she was when she was drinking, so at least that is good.

Sylvia
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »

Katla, if you had your phone during the riding lesson, and he called and the phone rang and startled your horse, the horse might have thrown you off and you could have been stomped on and killed. Dead. So, your putting the phone in a safe place was a common sense safety issue and your hubby should be thankful that you had such foresight and saved him the grief and expense of the funeral. Tell him ," you're welcome".

yeah
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Sylvia and Pip: Thank you! I agree with you completely and DH will get over his mood eventually. Part of it is not his fault. My hour long lesson lasted for three hours. My teacher let me continue to ride while she taught another student and was on the third student when I left. I ride her horse and the other students have their own horses. :flowerforyou:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,919 Member
    Options
    :) I drove the new car for the first time this morning and loved it. The roads were icy and the car handled well. Later, Jake, the dogs, and I went for a ride, first to the Ford dealer to pick up all the things we left behind when we cleaned out the vehicles in a hurry, and then up a winding road until it got too narrow and icy. After lunch (a very low sodium meal to make up for the Chinese food yesterday), we celebrated with a two hour nap.

:)Katla, wow, three hours riding....what fun for you

:)Pip, how great that Kirby has a bike to ride again.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,345 Member
    Options
    Did about 50 minutes of Karen Voit Sleek Essentials Sweat Effect DVD. I wasn't real crazy about this DVD, too much kickboxing for me. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Stott Pilates Secret to Weight Loss DVD.

Chris - I, too, ate too much for Christmas and now I feel how horrible I feel. but today I'm going to TRY getting back on schedule. Now I did have a Krispy Kreme doughnut, but I did have only 1/2 of it. that's Jess and her bf-of-the-moment, Colby, in the pic. I'm getting good feelings about him, but who knows, I could be wrong. Met his mother (she lives in Iowa) early in Nov when she came here and we facetimed with her yesterday. She "made" a stocking for each of her kids with their names on them. What it looks to me is that she bought a stocking and then embroidered their names on them. But it was still nice that she thought. We had seafood chowder, I'd made a spinach/crab dip for veggies, a seafood lasagna (I was hoping that Pete would come but no such luck), flounder, catfish, cod, salmon, pierogi, mashed potatoes (Colby made regular ones for Vince and garlic ones, I thought they were better the next day), and corn (one of the few veggies Vince will eat). This year I tried cooking the fish the day before and then wrapping it in parchment paper and reheating it on christmas Eve. Worked out pretty well. Made biscuits but really I shouldn't have cut them up as small as I did.

Carol/Peach - I never thought of looking on ebay for the china. Thanks for the idea. Update: I checked ebay for a plate. they have one, it's about $8 but the shipping is $8. I also need to get soup spoons and I know Replacements has them. Since these are sterling silver ones, the price is not low at all. Now if I order the spoons and the plate, I'll get free shipping. A dinner plate from Replacements is about $10. Since I won't be using this china again probably until next Christmas, I can wait as I'm sure they'll get them in stock.

After exercising today went to Kohl's. I really wanted to see if they had a tree skirt (plain) but they didn't. However, I did find two ornaments 70% off plus I got another 15%. Then I went to Target because I remembered seeing a white quilted one. Actually, I would have preferred a red or blue one. They didn't have any of the white ones, but they had a red one. It was only 50% off, but I think it just might work I'm a little concerned because on the tag it say "spot clean", but I'm going to run it thru my washing machine on a rinse and just see how it turns out. Update: put the tree skirt thru the "rinse" cycle and then dried it. Seems that the batting shifts.

getupngo - good for you being a healthy weight

barbie - I wish the week of no exercise gave you a noticeable improvement. Maybe it just takes a while for you to notice? Let us know what the doc says.

Vicki - in some ways things did get better when Jess got here. To me, it's stil sad that her bf helped in the kitchen and asked to help clean up, but my own daughter did neither. Makes me wonder -- what did I do wrong with Denise and Bryan? Jess seems to be the only one with a head on her shoulders. I always felt that Bryan did, but now I'm not so sure.

katla - Vince gets mad at me because I keep my cell phone in my pocketbook, not out in the open so he feels I should be able to hear it. I many times hear it in my pocketbook.

pip - I'm over on my weight, but I know it'll come off, just like you know that yours will come off. Kirby looks so great with that bike.

Michele in NC