Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2015

Replies

• oceanmelody
    oceanmelody Posts: 444 Member
    So enjoying everybody's stories, and wish that those of you who are feeling ill or sad or dealing with family stress can take deep breaths and that things will be better soon. Had a nice quiet holiday with DD1 and they are now off to her in laws for some time there.
    Michele I am glad Bryan got in touch even though you seem to be getting mixed signals. Keeping my fingers crossed.
    Sylvia, you totally amaze me!!! Cannot imagine the mess you had to deal with.
    Too bushed to comment more except to say that I am logging but not everything yesterday and today. Hope I can get back on track real soon!!
    Trying to enclose a brief video I took at the lake yesterday...
    Betty
  • oceanmelody
    Video not working so here is a sti4en3wt9lh8lt.jpeg
    ll pic...
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Meg: It is so good to see you! Merry Christmas. :flowerforyou:

Rosie: :heart:

Heather: I love the family photo. :bigsmile:

Betty: Thank you for the beautiful photo! The sky is wonderful. :bigsmile:

We had a face-time chat with DD and the grandchildren this morning, and later had a face-time chat with DS and DDIL. We shopped together & had lunch at one of our favorite places just a few days ago. It was a lovely time. I bought DH a pair of Calphalon frying pans. He seems to love them. I'm wearing the new red sweater that DH bought for my Christmas present, and I love it. He also bought a pair of inflatable lifejackets for our use in the fishing boat. He ordered two lifejackets and got two pair of lifejackets, so we may be returning the extras. It is chilly outside today, but the sun is shining and that lifts my spirits.

Merry Christmas

Katla in Beautiful and currently sunny NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

December Goals :
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week. Work on flexibility and back strength.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least three glasses of water daily, preferably more!
    5. Eliminate alcohol.
    6. Monitor sleep. Try to average 7 or more hours of sleep nightly.

30881843.png
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,040 Member
    Hope everyone is having a safe, happy and blessed Christmas and or holiday season 2ca5rn4qm9u0.jpeg
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,742 Member
    edited December 2015
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    Hope everyone is having a safe, happy and blessed Christmas and or holiday season 2ca5rn4qm9u0.jpeg

Pip It's so good to see you both looking so healthy.

All Whether you celebrate Christmas or not, I hope you had a great day. :heart:

Loving all the Christmas pics.

:heart: Healing thoughts and prayers to those who need them! :heart:

:sunglasses: Welcome to our Newbies. Sit a spell! :sunglasses:

:star: Let your light shine out in the darkness :star:

:star: Each one of us is a vital cog in an infinite universe. :star:
    We may not know our purpose, but each cog needs to be oiled and tended.

80464089.png

This may change after today.

w81hz7cecq7u.jpeg

:star::)smiley-happy110.gif:):star:

Irish Terri harp.gif
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    edited December 2015
    Great Pic PIP!! You enjoy just enjoying the joy. (ok a mouthful).....((((((hugs))))) to you, Kirby and the four footed three-stooges...
    Becca and Clan
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Betty, Joy to you and yours! So glad we are friends! Love the picture, but it looks cold! And YES every sentence today ends in an exclamation point! (((((((hugs)))))
    Becca
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    :)
  • mommylern5
    mommylern5 Posts: 37 Member
    mommylern5 wrote: »
    Hi everyone! I'm a newbe! I just turned 50 in October & never felt better. Every day trying to meet my health & fitness goals. I'm a stay at home mom of 5 girls. Three at home. My husband & I have our own irrigation & landscape business that I do all the paperwork for. We also plow snow. I live in Muskegon Michigan. My workouts include turbo fire, turbo jam, 21 Day Fix, & running. I recently became a beachbody coach because I love shakeology & the programs they offer plus helping others reach their goals as well. Merry Christmas

• mommylern5
    mommylern5 Posts: 37 Member
    edited December 2015
    Woooooops I think I accidently reposted this! Anyway merry Christmas! It was so nice here I got out for a 4 mile run this morning after presents were opened. It was awesome!

Jennifer in Michigan mojmmcfyjdrq.jpeg
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,040 Member
  • oceanmelody
    Annr wrote: »
    Betty, Joy to you and yours! So glad we are friends! Love the picture, but it looks cold! And YES every sentence today ends in an exclamation point! (((((((hugs)))))
    Becca

Becca, we were rejoicing in the warm weather! It was around 60 which is unheard of in these parts. But there was a strong breeze, thus the glorious wave action. This ocean-loving girl misses big waves. Plus, it was sunset to the west and full moon rise to the east. Quite a combination!
    Betty
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,124 Member
    :) Our Chinese meal was delicious at noon and again at 5 when we finished the part we brought home. I got to spend some of the gift certificate I got from my line dance class. Today is the end of my "week of no exercise" and I walked the dogs while Jake talked to his daughter on the phone and rode the exercise bike for a few minutes while we watched the newest Minion movie. We spent a little time in the garage moving some things around to make it easier to find things....we also found things to throw away or give away.

:) Pip and Kirby you look so happy and healthy

:)Becca, your day sounds cheerful and loving and full of gratitude, just like you.....I think you can send videos media mail rate which is very inexpensive.

:)Jennifer, how great that you got a run in today....I love your collage of photos.

:)Katla, I knew that you and your hubby would be able to find ways to enjoy your Christmas Day even if it didn't go the way you had wanted it.

:)Betty, great photo at the lake.

:)Heather, I love the photo of your family at pudding time.

:)Mary, when Sasha was a puppy, I learned to dress in record time to take her out. When our Golden Retriever was a puppy, I slept in the guest room so I wouldn't be disturbed when Jake got up in the middle of the night to take her out.

:)Allison, I am glad you are enjoying every minute of your time in the warm weather.

:)Miriam, besides our four drawer file cabinet, we have many banker boxes of files in the garage. When my mother died, she had so much paper saved including all her income tax paperwork back to 1935 when she got her first job....I come by this paper accumulation through my mother's teachings.

:)Meg, it's good to see you. I hope you'll post more often because I miss hearing from you.
  • mtowne002
    mtowne002 Posts: 152 Member
    Merry Christmas Friends!
    Today has been a very good day. A bit discombobulated but everyone has been good humored and that makes it all ok. Came home from an amazing and hard day at Workyesterday to find my daughter had cleaned the visiting section of the house quite a bit. Sorry ladies no pics as it is no where near ready for that! Someday soon though.
    Something awesome happened today.
    While waiting for my son at the airport I grew more anxious and emotional. I suspected..ok knew...that I was going to weep..possibly loudly..when I caught him in a bone crunching hug. I was feeling bad for him at my imminent display but it could not be helped.
    I saw him in the distance...he is much taller than any around plus he always wears bright tie dyed clothing w a colorful bandana. I call him my wannabe hippy. I saw the moment he recognized me in the distance and his spring into a work booted clomping enormous stride toward me. A couple of feet away we both made simultaneous sobs and crashed into each other and didn't let go till the sobbing was done..mostly anyway. I looked over ok I'm to short to look over any part of him...I looked around his arm to see my daughter and his girlfriend coming towards us too and we all group hugged! We made quite a spectacle and could have cared less! Best Christmas present I ever got.

Katla I'm glad your feeling better enough to ride. Love the hummingbird tales.

Sylvia I hang onto those silver linings too! Glad you notice them as well.

Michelle I think the therapist wrote it..and perhaps now that Bryan feels he has expressed himself he is ready to build new memories.

Rosie I'm so sorry your feeling unloved. Know that all of us ladies (Lenora should that be all of we?) love you as a sister. You are never alone!

Becca your resourcefulness and ability to focus on non money related blessings inspires me to let go of my worries more. Enjoy the incredible bounty of what I live in and to use it disperse it and find value in everyday things I tend to take for granted. Thank you.

Gotta go and get some basics done while the kids are out reconnecting w old friends..there's even talk they might move back to Mass next summer!

Love to you all

Mindy in Boston

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    d6eztl9li7u0.jpeg

I hope everyone had a great day! I am planning for a long, long night! Maybe he will sleep through the night!

Mary from Minnesota
  • mtowne002
    Awwww! Congratulations MaMa!
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    mtowne002 wrote: »
    Awwww! Congratulations MaMa!

Thanks!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Just dropping in today to wish you all a Merry Christmas. I haven't been on in two weeks - not even reading posts as I have been taking care of RJ after having his tonsils out on the 14th. He started having night terrors after about the 4th day and I looked it up on the internet and found out that lots of other kids go through the same thing. Needless to say I have not had much sleep and that smile was difficult to find. Tomorrow is a new day, we're through the worst of the tonsillectomy, and the smiles will be returning. I've missed you all and reading about your lives but know that you have been in my thoughts. <3<3<3
  • mtowne002
    edited December 2015
    kv6njxxd0xfs.jpg
    k15dkz8fe6nk.jpg
    6nu0ebw2ud8p.jpg
    Sorry you're having a hard time Glow. Going to try and post some pics of my kids
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    I hope everyone has had a good day. We went over to my sister's house and the 5 of us had a simple but good meal and DH and DBIL actually got along together. I think the older they get they don't have the need to have that one upmanship that they did when they were younger. Both are controlling personalities and don't seem to respect that another opinion can have any worth or can actually be right to that other person. Ther si 1 right and it is theirs. It is a continual arguement in our home. But they behaved themselves. Now I hope next Saturday they will remember how they did it. Michelle's ham was delicious! Had a tiny piece.

Now I will wade through everyone's face book posts about how wonderful their Christmas was, look at all the pictures and feel bad that I haven't had mine yet and then feel bad knowing that I shouldn't feel bad at all and get all guilty about it. I know the system our family has works for us and everyone is happy so I just have to wait a full week to have my Christmas. I am going to look at the sales to see if I can get a new tree. I hate reshaping my tree every year. I am afraid for anyone to actually go close up and look at my tree next week. There are no ornaments on the back side!!!!! I didn't feel like reshaping back there. The tree is tucked in a corner and no one can see back there anyway. I sure hope I can figure out how to post pictures because the tree will be very heavy laden with gifts and stockings. I watched a video today of a boy, he looked about 9 or so. He had so many presents it took him 2 hours to open them. And as he was opening them he was tearing wrapping paper off, stacking them and then going to the next. I can not imagine 1 child getting that many presents. I think it was the Pope who spoke of excess and that child had excess. Of course it was some one else's fault.

I was going to mention to Pip yesterday about a picture of her tree. In the background you could see a picture of her, Kirby and 2 dogs. It looked so precious.

Heather, can you give us an idea what that pudding tastes like? Does it have the consistency of pudding. To me it looks like a fruitcake that was cooked in a bundt pan. When is your brother coming? Looks like everyone was having a good time. Is that kind of hat a tradition?

Michele put a picture on Facebook of her table, looked beautiful. She said she cooked to much. I know for our Thanksgiving meal since it is on a Friday and most people are still off and still in town, we just put all the leftovers back on the table and it tastes just as good the second day. But most everyone are only staying through early Sunday morning so no big family for a second day. I sure hope they all eat everything the first day. I do not want all the leftovers in my refrigerator.

I sure hope the thought of Christina and her family being here next week will cheer my husband up. He is so sick and tired of feeling sick and tired, you can just see it in his face, demeanor and everything. Plus early this year when he had his teethe removed and a partial plate made and didn't like the revisions of it, he grinds on this one tooth with the lower teeth so he is constantly in this scowl look.

Well I have not been sleeping well and know I have to get up early Sunday morning so I better get to bed earlier tonight. Have a good day and good luck if anyone is braving the shopping on the 26th. We are getting that monsoon rain so it might not be to crazy.

Joyce, Indiana