strip club question??...

Options

Replies

• tzig00
    tzig00 Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I go to them with my significant other if he wants to go (when I have one).
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I think my spouse better not be going out for a burger when he has steak at home.
  • aliciamhosein
    Options
    haha. I've brought it up before. he doesn't want to go with me/ go period. I thought the idea was kind of kinky but he doesn't feel the same.
  • MsEndomorph
    MsEndomorph Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    All heterosexual men like seeing naked women. So when I see posts like "my husband doesn't like strip clubs" or won't go with me, it is not because he does not like strange naked women. He is a lot smarter than you think. Going to a strip club with your girlfriend or wife is really stupid. There is no up side to this for the guy. Women love to test their man and there is no better place to find out what the man likes and how he acts around other women than a strip club. Thus, the smart answer for men is "no I only want to see you naked honey!".

My husband likes naked ladies. Does he like them gyrating for money in a grubby club? not so much. There's a big difference between liking naked ladies and liking strip clubs. That's like saying that all men like steak, so all guys would like a cheap, badly cooked steak from a grubby diner.

I did not say all men like strip clubs. I just attacked the stupid excuses and pointed out there is no upside.

There are lots of upsides. For instance, my husband isn't that creeper in sweatpants sitting alone in a strip club every weekend.

We also have money in our bank account.

Oh, and it also means this husband cares more about potential damage to his relationship than he does about his wanker.

I'm not actually seeing a negative here.
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I think my spouse better not be going out for a burger when he has steak at home.

This is the best response! :laugh:
  • ericthirdrow
    ericthirdrow Posts: 27 Member
    Options

But sometimes you get tired of steak and need to wrap your hands around a good juicy cheeseburger.

In all seriousness though, I don't think my fiance' would care if I went to a strip club as long as I didn't hide it from her. I don't have any desire to go and throw money away but I'm sure I'll be back at one eventually on a bachelor party or something along those lines. Again, as long as I'm honest I don't think she'd care. If I was shady about it, then there would be a problem.
  • kf4vkp
    kf4vkp Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I have and would go with. Or if it's a guys night, tell him have fun, but not too much, just enough to take it out on me when he got home.

And a budget if we're married, enough to have fun, not so much that it keeps us from havign any fun together until we get paid again.

I think that some of the people who are anti-stripclubs/lap dances haven't ever been and seen one in person. It's not as bad as a lot of movies and tv shows make it out to be.

I've had lap dances from male and female strippers alike, males are far more agressive than the females. Though both are fun, and get taken out on my SO when I get home.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Wow! Lots of women are cool with the strip club action.

Never thought about bringing a date there. Perhaps I need to work it into my dating agenda.

Too soon on the first date? :)

I'm pretty sure you're supposed to spend the first month pretending you aren't a pervert.
    Once you've caught her, go crazy.

Strong detection of sarcasm...

I don't see how a man wanting to go to a strip club makes them a pervert as it is a natural reaction to want to look at naked women? (BTW this is coming from a guy who has been been to one/has no desire to go to one).
  • MsEndomorph
    MsEndomorph Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Wow! Lots of women are cool with the strip club action.

Never thought about bringing a date there. Perhaps I need to work it into my dating agenda.

Too soon on the first date? :)

I'm pretty sure you're supposed to spend the first month pretending you aren't a pervert.
    Once you've caught her, go crazy.

Strong detection of sarcasm...

I don't see how a man wanting to go to a strip club makes them a pervert as it is a natural reaction to want to look at naked women? (BTW this is coming from a guy who has been been to one/has no desire to go to one).

Fine, you win.

Take a chick to a strip club on your next first date. Tell her it's just natural for you to want to look at naked women. Good luck to you. ;)
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    Strip clubs are fine. If my hubs went out with the guys to one for a bachelor party or something, I'd be OK with it. I've been to quite a few in my life-- a few nice ones and some questionable ones. No worries here, I'm secure enough to know there's no competition.

If it were a regular thing... Id be more concerned im not taking care of business at home- and the ownness would be on me.
  • Nikki_WantsIt
    Nikki_WantsIt Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Id leave him.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    1) Lesbian/Closet lesbian
    2) She wants to keep an eye on her man
    3) She wants to appear to be "one of the guys", which is the brightest shade of pathetic
    4) If she's going with her girl friends, it's to make fun of the strippers.

No.
  • BurningAway
    BurningAway Posts: 279
    Options
    Screw the strip club, if im going to spend money with my significant other i dont want to be teased all night bunny ranch here we come!
  • BurningAway
    BurningAway Posts: 279
    Options
    3) She wants to appear to be "one of the guys", which is the brightest shade of pathetic

No.

Wow
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    It doesn't bother me in the least. When he was in sales he used to take his clients all the time. Now we go together.
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    I wonder how many of the women opposed to their men going out to gawk at sexy women:

1. Belong to the "hot, not, bang, pass" thread
    2. Get all dressed up and go out to clubs to dance - knowing you are there to "be seen and ogled" by men

Let's face it, ladies, we WANT to be seen and admired by men just as much as men want to see and ogle women. It's human nature.

I am a little more offended by the MFP threads that ask me to "rate" the person above me, more than the idea of my husband going to a strip club. This place isn't supposed to be a "rate others" website, it's a fitness and health website. I think if you're on THOSE threads, you are there to get attention from others. And if you're one of those people who want people on here to admire you, then it's really hypocritical of you to say that you don't want your spouse ogling others.

Same church, different pew.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options

This is the best response! :laugh:
    That was Paul Newman's famous remark about why he never stepped out on his wife.
  • usernameMAMA
    usernameMAMA Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I think if a person is young and insecure it would bother them.

As that person matures and becomes secure in their relationship they would realize its no big deal.

I suppose the common reaction is jealousy, which is just another form of a tantrum saying "Pay attention to me!"

false...I know lots of older people who wouldn't approve despite being married for decades...men and women.

They got older, but they never matured and never felt secure in themselves or their relationship.

Now if the question were "what do you think of strip clubs?"
    I've been in the past, but I've got a different outlook on them now. I wouldn't want my daughter, sister, or granddaughter to work in one, so it would be hypocritical for me to go. Not my cup of tea, but if others find them necessary I don't have a problem with them going.

For me, it has nothing to do with being secure/insecure. It has everything to do with respect for me and our relationship. I honestly have a hard time buying that that many women are really okay with it and even go along. If a woman is going along it's for one of the following reasons (maybe all of thee above):

Disclaimer: this is my truth, you're not going to change my mind.

Or some of us are so secure with our sexuality that we have no problems checking out other women.

I know that I am comfortable enough with my sexuality to know that I don't want another woman shaking her boobs in my face. I was under the impression that if you enjoyed having someone of the same sex grinding on your lap that makes you at the very least bisexual. If that's not something that gives you pleasure, then it stands to reason you are there for one of the other listed reasons. I'm not saying that being a lesbian is right or wrong, I'm saying that if a lap dance is enjoyed...well?

Besides all that crazy logic, it doesn't really matter. It's how I view the situation; you view it differently. The world keeps on spinning. I highly doubt that society is going to crumble over my opinion.

I think calling it "logic" is stretching it.

It's ok that you don't agree or understand - the problem is when you clearly have no clue what you're talking about but you're still pretending that you do.

I've explained it as best as I could. To me, it's logical. I don't believe it is an issue of me having "no clue" about what I am talking about but rather a comprehension problem on your part.
  • Amazonbella
    Amazonbella Posts: 338
    Options
    Good Relationships are based on Trust. What would you do it YOU went to a strip club? Would he mind? I say if it is something he really enjoys then go with him, if he doesn't want you to go then there may be an issue...
  • b7bbs
    b7bbs Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I must be prude...haha i'd be pissed!!! :explode:

I'd be pissed too. and then I'd be single.