Squat, Bench, Deadlift, Snatch, C&J: Post your best videos

Options

Replies

• DasItMan91
    DasItMan91 Posts: 5,753 Member
    Options
    I did 135 lbs for 8 reps, a one rep PR. Not the heaviest but still not bad.

• TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    @deadliftsandnoodles

Just a friendly tip: you don't need to share/embed your instagram videos. Just put the link, and it'll show up. Not a big deal - it's just cleaner that way.
  • deadliftsandnoodles
    deadliftsandnoodles Posts: 312 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
  • deadliftsandnoodles
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »
    @deadliftsandnoodles

Just a friendly tip: you don't need to share/embed your instagram videos. Just put the link, and it'll show up. Not a big deal - it's just cleaner that way.

i love you
  • DasItMan91
    Options
    Bench press from this morning: 295lbs/135kgx6 (rep PR.)

295x6x4,4. Bench Groove was a little off but made rep goal so that's something.

Can't see link dude
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    DasItMan91 wrote: »

Can't see link dude

I can - would seem to be something with your system/setup.
  • DasItMan91
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »
    DasItMan91 wrote: »

Can't see link dude

I can - would seem to be something with your system/setup.

Ok NOW I can see it now
  • DeadliftsandDonuts
    DeadliftsandDonuts Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Anyone going to the RPS Connecticut State Championship this weekend? I'm going Saturday morning just to weigh in and then competing on Sunday.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Okay so final sharing with the class... And really I need some hive mind group think... I've been struggling with squat mechanics for two years now. Hip imbalance, si joint, chest/core failure... Of its not one think it's another... Ever time I think I make headway.. I realize I'm still struggling at weight that should be more comfortable.

Today my glaring flaw is my drift back with years old giant booty. The hard line of the power cage and the directly perpendicular shot really highlights this.

So class... What can I do to help fix this? Thoughts? Commentary? You're boned for life Jo, so just deal with a mediocre squat for ever?
    ? Thoughts.. Please send Halp before I start curling in the squat rack.

• Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    Okay so final sharing with the class... And really I need some hive mind group think... I've been struggling with squat mechanics for two years now. Hip imbalance, si joint, chest/core failure... Of its not one think it's another... Ever time I think I make headway.. I realize I'm still struggling at weight that should be more comfortable.

Today my glaring flaw is my drift back with years old giant booty. The hard line of the power cage and the directly perpendicular shot really highlights this.

So class... What can I do to help fix this? Thoughts? Commentary? You're boned for life Jo, so just deal with a mediocre squat for ever?
    ? Thoughts.. Please send Halp before I start curling in the squat rack.

Hard to tell with your gear in the way but it looks as if your knees are way forward causing a forward barpath.

Out of the hole your hips are pressing back more than ideal. Work on hip drive pressing straight vertical. This probably has more to do with your knees forward. Again hard to say where the bar is positioned over your feet with obstructions.

Back angle is nice throughout btw :).

Can you vid a front view? I'm not certain but I thinking "knees out" cue and establishing on setting the front of knees the first 1/3 of the decent will do alot for the bar moving forward. Perhaps your feet/toes could use slight adjustment that will show from a front vid.

All in all very fixable Jo.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Chieflrg wrote: »

Hard to tell with your gear in the way but it looks as if your knees are way forward causing a forward barpath.

Out of the hole your hips are pressing back more than ideal. Work on hip drive pressing straight vertical. This probably has more to do with your knees forward. Again hard to say where the bar is positioned over your feet with obstructions.

Back angle is nice throughout btw :).

Can you vid a front view? I'm not certain but I thinking "knees out" cue and establishing on setting the front of knees the first 1/3 of the decent will do alot for the bar moving forward. Perhaps your feet/toes could use slight adjustment that will show from a front vid.

All in all very fixable Jo.

I have the day "off" tomorrow- so I can take more comprehensive video to help- I thought I had sort of start to fix this and now it's back- and I'm not moving as well with this weight as I should. So- back to the "fixing board" as it were.

per some other cues- I have been trying to keep the knees in their own track- and once they are "forward" keep them there- instead of allowing them to track backwards- which - i think - continued attention to that will help elevated the back roll- but still I think it's something else.

I dunno- I'll take some video tomorrow and share if people don't mind.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    per some other cues- I have been trying to keep the knees in their own track- and once they are "forward" keep them there- instead of allowing them to track backwards- which - i think - continued attention to that will help elevated the back roll- but still I think it's something else.

Your knees continue to move forward the whole decent, this shouldnt happen particularly on a low bar at the depth required to perform it successfully.

Your knees are not tracking backwards out of position, but they are actually moving to the correct strongest position as you accend. By cueing knees out, it should help establish the correct position therefore they won't have to travel back as much to get there if that makes sense. Sorry I'm way better showing someone than wording in a forum.

A front view will also show how wide your stance/knees are and might reveal if this is partly responsible for your knee slide-ish decent.

• deadliftsandnoodles
    Options
  • deadliftsandnoodles
    Options
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    Behind the back dead. My favorite :) 545x3 (30lb pr +3reps)
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    ROBOTFOOD wrote: »

I've never seen this before. Out of curiosity, why would someone program this lift into their workout?
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options

I've never seen this before. Out of curiosity, why would someone program this lift into their workout?

Similar to a conventional dead. Except it's easy on the low back. Hit's the legs real hard. Quads, glutes. This is also transferring to regular deads too. Just pulled a PR 2wks ago.

5in "blocks" because I don't have a platform and don't want to make craters in the cement lol.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

Similar to a conventional dead. Except it's easy on the low back. Hit's the legs real hard. Quads, glutes. This is also transferring to regular deads too. Just pulled a PR 2wks ago.

5in "blocks" because I don't have a platform and don't want to make craters in the cement lol.

Interesting. Deads are my fav. I worry that I'm not coordinated enough for that, though. :D