Squat, Bench, Deadlift, Snatch, C&J: Post your best videos

Options

Replies

• DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options

Nice lifts @sventheviking

I'd like to get an axle bar for my garage gym. Might DIY one in the meantime.

Entombed *** thumbs up ***

Those axle bars are super cheap/easy to make since they're just 2" round tubing with small rings welded on to server as collars. That's it. No rotating collars, no knurling, nada. The fancy ones are powdercoated, gasp!

I'd make ya one but it'd probably cost as much to ship as the materials would be.
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    Options
    So 100% Raw around here brought back the bench rep challenge. Half body weight on the bar for women, body weight for men. I avoided doing the full bro trifecta because I didn't do military press or strict curl, but couldn't resist the call of the rep challenge. 27 reps with 83.5kg/95.7lb on the bar. My triceps hate me right now! Female winner managed an insane 43 reps at half her body weight!

Pretty sweet Dana!
    Options
    DopeItUp wrote: »

Nice lifts @sventheviking

I'd like to get an axle bar for my garage gym. Might DIY one in the meantime.

Entombed *** thumbs up ***

Those axle bars are super cheap/easy to make since they're just 2" round tubing with small rings welded on to server as collars. That's it. No rotating collars, no knurling, nada. The fancy ones are powdercoated, gasp!

I'd make ya one but it'd probably cost as much to ship as the materials would be.

Yeah I have a link somewhere in how to build farmers handles with them. A 7 foot 2" pipe should be a lot easier. lol
    edited March 2016
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=218Qif2Rocg
    Pretty good heavy bench session this morning. Exceeded my rep goal by 1 rep and had another in me, but I don't push it with my shoulders in training any longer. Tops set of 270 lbs x7. Really happy with my bench press lately since I got my old groove back.
    JoRocka wrote: »
    I will MOST definitely be watching
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Gzdh6EL-wI
    Light squat top set this morning of just 225x6. Heavy squats tomorrow.
  • snvpkvt
    snvpkvt Posts: 4 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    BW @128 Snatch: 123/128/133
  • snvpkvt
    Options
    snvpkvt wrote: »
    BW @128 Snatch: 123/128/133

• snvpkvt
    Options
    And clearly idk how to upload and use this
  • snvpkvt
    Options
    Yas
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    snvpkvt wrote: »
    And clearly idk how to upload and use this

What are you trying to upload?
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    This program is either going to kill me or make me stronger.

Last set of floor press (and my coach is happy that I failed that last rep)

And that was after volume bench day. Sets of ten on 90 seconds rest.
  • McCloud33
    McCloud33 Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    Really feeling like a weakling on this cut. I'm down about 10-12 lbs since Jan 1, but my lifts just keep dropping. Lower body (Squat/DL) seem to be taking a bigger hit than my upper body. Oh well...Here's my last few top sets
    125x7
    https://youtu.be/e9C4tsBNOXg
    190x8
    https://youtu.be/OzbNxTlVWqo
    280x3
    https://youtu.be/6jkqRQrG2SM
    325x5 (Last one was ugly)
    https://youtu.be/unpDpQUQweA

Can't wait until the end of the month when I transition back into maintenance and then May when I start (hopefully) a slow bulk again.

Here's one more fun one. Squat jumps with the hexbar.
    https://youtu.be/bTlxEcpqfq8.

I've also been channeling my inner "American ninja warrior" and jumping from pull-up bar to pull-up bar that you can see behind me. It's about a 4' gap, 6' gap and then another 4' gap. Want to get where I can make it all the way across, turn around and make it all the way back. Made it across once but then didn't quite make the 6' jump the second time. Maybe I'll throw a video up of that later this week.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    That sounds awesome @McCloud33 - would definitely like to see the pull up bar jumping.
    I'd comment on the videos- but I honestly can't see them on my work computer.
    But squat jumps with the hex bar sounds fun LOL
  • McCloud33
    Options
    How are the 20rep squats going @JoRocka?
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    McCloud33 wrote: »
    Really feeling like a weakling on this cut. I'm down about 10-12 lbs since Jan 1, but my lifts just keep dropping. Lower body (Squat/DL) seem to be taking a bigger hit than my upper body. Oh well...Here's my last few top sets

Can't wait until the end of the month when I transition back into maintenance and then May when I start (hopefully) a slow bulk again.

I've also been channeling my inner "American ninja warrior" and jumping from pull-up bar to pull-up bar that you can see behind me. It's about a 4' gap, 6' gap and then another 4' gap. Want to get where I can make it all the way across, turn around and make it all the way back. Made it across once but then didn't quite make the 6' jump the second time. Maybe I'll throw a video up of that later this week.

You didn't ask for advice but I just wanted to put a note out there on your deadlift. I'd recommend revisiting your technique, you've got a lot of back rounding which is killing your technique (having to hitch and such to lock out) and could cause a back injury easily. The other thing is that you're curling the bar which is going to eventually result in a torn bicep on the right side. Keep those guns straight!

Love,
    Dope
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

FML. LOL- that's the short version.

I have 5 more lifts- 180, 185, 190, 195 and 200.
    2 years ago my final lift I believe was 175- I did 170- failed- repeated the next lift and squeeked it out and failed 175.

So- even with 5 more grueling lifts to go- I have already succeeded to myself that I am much stronger than I was two years ago. I felt VERY comfortable up to 165- it wasn't pretty- but I was okay. 170- not happy- 175- the grinding and the shaking has begun. I am pleased that psychologically have been holding up much better. It's starting to become a drain- but like I said- i was very comfortable with where I was up till Monday- Wednesday may be a whole new ball of wax- but we shall see.

https://youtu.be/0VVgsJS2MSc
    unfortunately- they are long videos- but you might be able to see 3/4 of the way in- I've got some good leg shake starting to go on LOL- shakes and grunts- win!

so all joking aside- I am deeply happy I appear to have some shoulders developing (YAY for bulking)
    NOT so happy that my squat still resembles a *kitten* low bar squat- I am thinking after this I'm going to go back and retrain incorporating front squats and over head squats to bring it back and deeper.

I'm tapering calories off- and going to level around 2200 I think- try to start dropping some weight as well- so that's going to massively suck- but must be done- so here we go!!!
  • McCloud33
    Options
    DopeItUp wrote: »

You didn't ask for advice but I just wanted to put a note out there on your deadlift. I'd recommend revisiting your technique, you've got a lot of back rounding which is killing your technique (having to hitch and such to lock out) and could cause a back injury easily. The other thing is that you're curling the bar which is going to eventually result in a torn bicep on the right side. Keep those guns straight!

Love,
    Dope

@DopeItUp , thanks for the critique. I completely agree that those were ugly, especially the last one. I knew the back was a little rounded, but didn't feel like I was curling the bar. I'll have to pay more attention to that going forward. My knees were caving on the hex jumps too, and I'm not sure how to fix that except to just go lighter and try and force my knees out. I did go a couple inches wider on my bench to try and limit the elbow flair even though that's a horrible angle for the bench.
  • McCloud33
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

FML. LOL- that's the short version.

I have 5 more lifts- 180, 185, 190, 195 and 200.
    2 years ago my final lift I believe was 175- I did 170- failed- repeated the next lift and squeeked it out and failed 175.

So- even with 5 more grueling lifts to go- I have already succeeded to myself that I am much stronger than I was two years ago. I felt VERY comfortable up to 165- it wasn't pretty- but I was okay. 170- not happy- 175- the grinding and the shaking has begun. I am pleased that psychologically have been holding up much better. It's starting to become a drain- but like I said- i was very comfortable with where I was up till Monday- Wednesday may be a whole new ball of wax- but we shall see.

https://youtu.be/0VVgsJS2MSc
    unfortunately- they are long videos- but you might be able to see 3/4 of the way in- I've got some good leg shake starting to go on LOL- shakes and grunts- win!

so all joking aside- I am deeply happy I appear to have some shoulders developing (YAY for bulking)
    NOT so happy that my squat still resembles a *kitten* low bar squat- I am thinking after this I'm going to go back and retrain incorporating front squats and over head squats to bring it back and deeper.

I'm tapering calories off- and going to level around 2200 I think- try to start dropping some weight as well- so that's going to massively suck- but must be done- so here we go!!!

Awesome job! I think when I start, I'll probably be around 175 when I start and hope to hit 265 at the end. We'll see if my max drops any more between now and then :tongue:
  • sventheviking
    sventheviking Posts: 45 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
  • sventheviking
    sventheviking Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hit a lifetime best of 495 on sunday
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Hit a lifetime best of 495 on sunday