30 min. - 30 days!

Options

Replies

• chuck6w
    chuck6w Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm in! consistent exercise is what I need. Sounds like a great challange.
  • cblanza
    cblanza Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Yay!! I am so glad you all are joining me on this challenge!! I know we will have great results!! Only two more days until we kick it off!
  • globalgourmand
    globalgourmand Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am right there with ya! I already get up EARLY, so morning workouts are out for me. The gym takes too long and outside is too cold - do you see I'm good as making excuses? Ha What I have found works for me is just a 30 min exercise video each day. There are tons on Youtube, and I also have a few programs that I really like for myself. Having a variety of workouts that only take 30 min. from the comfort of my own home are a real winner for me!! Let me know if you need suggestions.[/quote]

Suggestions welcome! I definitely do not take advantage of videos in the way that I could, YouTube or otherwise. I want to, though, because I need the flexibility that videos provide in terms of always having a way to work out, getting rid of that barrier.

One particular difficulty I have is with learning the video. I find I want to turn it on and just be able to do it, and because I get frustrated with that process I never end up being able to get the benefit of the video.

Anyone have suggestions or things they use to help themselves get acclimated to new videos?
  • globalgourmand
    globalgourmand Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am right there with ya! I already get up EARLY, so morning workouts are out for me. The gym takes too long and outside is too cold - do you see I'm good as making excuses? Ha What I have found works for me is just a 30 min exercise video each day. There are tons on Youtube, and I also have a few programs that I really like for myself. Having a variety of workouts that only take 30 min. from the comfort of my own home are a real winner for me!! Let me know if you need suggestions.

Suggestions welcome! I definitely do not take advantage of videos in the way that I could, YouTube or otherwise. I want to, though, because I need the flexibility that videos provide in terms of always having a way to work out, getting rid of that barrier.

One particular difficulty I have is with learning the video. I find I want to turn it on and just be able to do it, and because I get frustrated with that process I never end up being able to get the benefit of the video.

Anyone have suggestions or things they use to help themselves get acclimated to new videos?

• miztessbert
    miztessbert Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I've been looking for a way to get me started on a regular exercise program, especially now that I'm snowed in under 2+ feet of snow which will curtail my walking.
  • barbh2001
    barbh2001 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'd like to do this! I aim for 5 workouts per week and make it at least 4. Usually. I eat healthier on days I workout. Plus I like the extra calorie count. So 30 for 30 sounds great! If I can't fit my usual workout in, I'll just walk my dog for 30 min. Hope that counts!

• Sexedee10
    Sexedee10 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I really need to do this. I've lost about 15 pounds since January 1st however its only been eating healthy and hasn't had anything to do with exercise. I work 10 to 7 everyday except for the weekends and I find it hard to find time to do exercising because all my free time I want to spend with my family and kids. I really want to do this challenge with you guys any suggestions on making time and still being able to see my children? By the way it's freezing here so going for a walk with my kids is out of the question. Feel free to friend me I'm always looking for support
  • cblanza
    Options
    I am right there with ya! I already get up EARLY, so morning workouts are out for me. The gym takes too long and outside is too cold - do you see I'm good as making excuses? Ha What I have found works for me is just a 30 min exercise video each day. There are tons on Youtube, and I also have a few programs that I really like for myself. Having a variety of workouts that only take 30 min. from the comfort of my own home are a real winner for me!! Let me know if you need suggestions.

I personally have been using the 21 Day Fix dvd's because of the different exercises every day, and there is a modified version for every exercise so that I can easily follow along. I have to have a variety in my workouts, or I get bored easily. However, there are many free exercises on Youtube made by people like Katrina, Jillian Michaels, Autumn Calbrese, Shaun T, and more.
  • cblanza
    Options
    Sexedee10 wrote: »
    I really need to do this. I've lost about 15 pounds since January 1st however its only been eating healthy and hasn't had anything to do with exercise. I work 10 to 7 everyday except for the weekends and I find it hard to find time to do exercising because all my free time I want to spend with my family and kids. I really want to do this challenge with you guys any suggestions on making time and still being able to see my children? By the way it's freezing here so going for a walk with my kids is out of the question. Feel free to friend me I'm always looking for support

Do workout videos or dvd's in your home and have your kids do them with you. Pick something fun for them, too, like a dance video. It will be like Zumba right in your house. There are also workout dvd's and YouTube videos catered specifically to children's interest. You could do those with your children, and it will be fitness for everyone!
  • cblanza
    Options
    barbh2001 wrote: »
    I'd like to do this! I aim for 5 workouts per week and make it at least 4. Usually. I eat healthier on days I workout. Plus I like the extra calorie count. So 30 for 30 sounds great! If I can't fit my usual workout in, I'll just walk my dog for 30 min. Hope that counts!

That absolutely counts! Staying active for 30 minutes doing whatever is better than 30 minutes doing nothing anyday.
  • stiglich2002
    stiglich2002 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Okay I am in. Did my Orange Theory today which is the only one hour I usually can fit it during the week. Thirty minutes a day sounds doable. Back to Beachbody On Demand and Les Mills on Demand!
  • cnroybal
    cnroybal Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad I'm not alone in the struggle of getting workout in during true morning. I feel sluggish too. The hard part is not making excuses at the end of the day to go work out. I'm excited to start this challenge tomorrow!
  • weightlossmayhem
    weightlossmayhem Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'd really like to join this challenge. I have done great working out almost everyday for 3 weeks, but I am feeling like I may start slacking soon. And I need to get better about tracking my exercise on my mfp and so this will help to remind me to log it into to everyone and the app!
  • Terajah38
    Terajah38 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this challenge as well. I am new to this, but I am very determined!
  • reesalanum
    reesalanum Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Count me in!
  • jandie
    jandie Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Sounds great! I'm up for anything, I just need to stay motivated.
  • Primal_Butterfly
    Primal_Butterfly Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I work nights and have been struggling with getting in workouts - this will be the perfect motivation!!
  • twyla77
    twyla77 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! great challenge!
  • rnctipton
    rnctipton Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I really need something to boost my motivation again. Hopefully this will do it!
  • 50extra
    50extra Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    cblanza, I am in too even though it will be impossible for me to workout on two of the days, that is unless people want to watch me running up and down the aisle of the airplane for 30 minutes of a 10 hour flight.

This challenge goes real well with the lose 10lbs by Feb 28th that I also joined!

Thanks for the Challenge, my goal out of competing in this challenge is straight up weight loss.