Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

True confessions! No judgement!

Options

Replies

• T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »
    Tomk652015 wrote: »
    Somedays I wish my child wasn't "special" and I get jealous of parents who have kids without special issues. But I'd never trade him because his quirks are pretty cool just sometimes it would be nice to not be the mom of "that" child

you are special. you are given him for a reason. you can meet his needs like no one on earth ever could! your just freaking awesome.

Aww thanks Tom. I'm just tired this week. I'm going to start packing for vacation to make myself happy

i like a cold beer when i pack. <3

haha I'm going to have Leo serve me one at the club later on

i love Leo..hes my favorite
  • T0M_K
    Options
    projectsix wrote: »
    Kasner1975 wrote: »
    I've got tons of confession, but I'll start with two....

1. I'm an alcoholic. There I said it. I drink 6-18 beers night and I have since I was 12 years old, and I'm now 41. It is something I desperately need to change, but it is what it is.

2. I idolize @projectsix. Not in a bad way, but in the way that sees that he's made a change in himself that I can't fathom. Have you seen this guy?! A hundred pounds down and looks like a superhero, with all the physical and nutritional info you'll ever need as well. Funny, cool... That dude is my goal.

@Kasner1975

Very solid confession Shawn, that takes balls not just to admit it to yourself but to admit it to your MFP peers publicly. That's a long time to drink that much and we're not getting younger but you're stronger than you give yourself credit for. If you need the help, it's out there. If you've reached admittance then you're ready. My mother is 38 years sober and owes every single day of her sobriety to AA. The whole group thing for me is a little odd personally but AA is very much legit. I've seen it help so many people and it's because everyone there is sharing the same journey. The stories you'll hear from people will run parallel to your life and blow your mind. With that 'new' future of yours coming up, you really have to consider the longevity. Even though you seem to not believe in yourself some of the time, just look around you, you have support and so many people who do believe in you. You're awesome as !#$@ you just need to believe it.

I don't really know what to say about #2! Bro hug? Make out? Honestly man, I just had reached very rock bottom at 31 years old in my life when I had my daughter (2nd kid). I was severely depressed, barely got out of bed, ill half the time. I lost myself at some point and it was just a downwards spiral. One night I was up on the computer at 4:00am writing a 2 page email, tears streaming down my face that I needed to be around to see her graduate, I needed to be a grandfather, I wanted to grow old. So many things that I could see could not happen if I didn't fix the problem. I just didn't want to die. I stayed up that night until about 10:00am researching what was making me fat. For the next 2 days I spent hours upon hours on forums, blogs, just anything I could absorb to figure this $#@! out. I ran into a guy named "John Stone" who logged all his food, all his exercise and spreadsheet'd everything. I had no one to help me so I used his site as a bible. There was no MFP at that time! I just really grew into a true love for the iron, fitness and nutrition and it's my only hobby. I was lucky that I had a true passion for it, so it's not a chore at all for me. I'm no one special, I just reached a point in life where change was not "wanted", it was very much "needed" for the longevity of being around for my children. Maybe that's where you're at? You have the power to make these life changes at any point.

Since I'm seemingly a superhero, I find it only fitting to set my profile pic to the Caped Crusader! DUN DUN DUN DUN DUNDUNDUN DUND UNDUN.

Nice! great story. although...i read Caped Crusader as Casper and my mind went straight ghost mode :P sooo...that said...i guess i'll not whine about my 15lbs and just keep getting on with it!

You guys are the heros...both of you. word.
  • thedcubed1
    thedcubed1 Posts: 7,209 Member
    Options

1. I'm an alcoholic. There I said it. I drink 6-18 beers night and I have since I was 12 years old, and I'm now 41. It is something I desperately need to change, but it is what it is.

2. I idolize @projectsix. Not in a bad way, but in the way that sees that he's made a change in himself that I can't fathom. Have you seen this guy?! A hundred pounds down and looks like a superhero, with all the physical and nutritional info you'll ever need as well. Funny, cool... That dude is my goal.

@Kasner1975

Very solid confession Shawn, that takes balls not just to admit it to yourself but to admit it to your MFP peers publicly. That's a long time to drink that much and we're not getting younger but you're stronger than you give yourself credit for. If you need the help, it's out there. If you've reached admittance then you're ready. My mother is 38 years sober and owes every single day of her sobriety to AA. The whole group thing for me is a little odd personally but AA is very much legit. I've seen it help so many people and it's because everyone there is sharing the same journey. The stories you'll hear from people will run parallel to your life and blow your mind. With that 'new' future of yours coming up, you really have to consider the longevity. Even though you seem to not believe in yourself some of the time, just look around you, you have support and so many people who do believe in you. You're awesome as !#$@ you just need to believe it.

I don't really know what to say about #2! Bro hug? Make out? Honestly man, I just had reached very rock bottom at 31 years old in my life when I had my daughter (2nd kid). I was severely depressed, barely got out of bed, ill half the time. I lost myself at some point and it was just a downwards spiral. One night I was up on the computer at 4:00am writing a 2 page email, tears streaming down my face that I needed to be around to see her graduate, I needed to be a grandfather, I wanted to grow old. So many things that I could see could not happen if I didn't fix the problem. I just didn't want to die. I stayed up that night until about 10:00am researching what was making me fat. For the next 2 days I spent hours upon hours on forums, blogs, just anything I could absorb to figure this $#@! out. I ran into a guy named "John Stone" who logged all his food, all his exercise and spreadsheet'd everything. I had no one to help me so I used his site as a bible. There was no MFP at that time! I just really grew into a true love for the iron, fitness and nutrition and it's my only hobby. I was lucky that I had a true passion for it, so it's not a chore at all for me. I'm no one special, I just reached a point in life where change was not "wanted", it was very much "needed" for the longevity of being around for my children. Maybe that's where you're at? You have the power to make these life changes at any point.

Since I'm seemingly a superhero, I find it only fitting to set my profile pic to the Caped Crusader! DUN DUN DUN DUN DUNDUNDUN DUND UNDUN.

Nice! great story. although...i read Caped Crusader as Casper and my mind went straight ghost mode :P sooo...that said...i guess i'll not whine about my 15lbs and just keep getting on with it!

Word. Bring it in fellas!
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Y'all are making me teary eyed... can I come in for the group hug fest?
  • KrazyLeeLee
    KrazyLeeLee Posts: 2,885 Member
    Options

@Kasner1975

Thank you guys for sharing so much today. Your stories give me strength to keep it up. I'm looking up to both you guys Kas you don't have to drink like that you can change it. You've already proved you have the will with your fitness just keep looking forward man.
  • thedcubed1
    Options
    thedcubed1 wrote: »

@Kasner1975

Word. Bring it in fellas!

Z is always trying to sneak in some group hugs! That guy, I tell ya..

Hey B, I've never heard you complain! :tongue: haha

Aly you know you're always welcome
  • sohosocialclub
    sohosocialclub Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I like Bro hugs!!
  • T0M_K
    Options

I must say, there is a lot of positivity and love in here today. It's nice!

indeed. just what the world needs. *i almost broke into song*
  • RunHardBeStrong
    Options
    FLgirl40 wrote: »
    I confess that there are so many freaking amazing people on this site....and I'm crying....carry on.

I confess I love this girl and I would run away with her if I could! :*<3o:)>:)
  • KrazyLeeLee
    KrazyLeeLee Posts: 2,885 Member
    Options
    I confess that there are so many freaking amazing people on this site....and I'm crying....carry on.

Can I run away with the 2 of you? That sounds pretty dang fun :D
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,254 Member
    Options
    @Kasner1975 That took balls. You are my new superhero! You CAN and you WILL, when you're ready!
  • RunHardBeStrong
    Options

Now i'm crying.. I feel left out.. :'(

Don't cry babe, you can come too! >:):D:o
  • Liftheavylovehard
    Liftheavylovehard Posts: 5,393 Member
    Options

Can I come too? I need to escape, but stella comes with me. Kinda a packaged deal.. lol
  • RunHardBeStrong
    Options
    https://youtu.be/xsGP35Vd6qQ

And this came to mind as I typed the last one.. except we have different parts and no beards..
  • RunHardBeStrong
    Options

Can I come too? I need to escape, but stella comes with me. Kinda a packaged deal.. lol

lol we have older kids, they can keep her entertained!
  • T0M_K
    Options
    someone is gonna have to bring a nanny >:) ....not for pervy reasons.......to take care of the kids when everyone is drunked up
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    6- 18 American beers? so.. like a 2-6 Canadian Beers? :p
  • thedcubed1
    Options

lol we have older kids, they can keep her entertained!

we are going to need a big house :)

Agreed