Biggest gym pet peeves..

Options

Replies

• sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    The PT who trains out of our staff gym. I used to train with her until she and I had a little FB tiff over her fat-shaming. She's a total bag and her attitude stinks. Every time I see her in the gym, which is often, she gives me a nasty look. I actually find it pretty amusing since I've made huge strides since doing my own thing (lost 65 lbs). But just her very presence irritates me, knowing how she looks down on people. Grrrr.

If you've lost 65 pounds without her help and she's still giving you the stink eye after all that time, then you win. I'd let it go.
  • Aladdin111
    Aladdin111 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Bad BO coming off the person working out beside me.
    Yes I'm with you on that one! Sometimes it's soo bad that I almost threw up. I was thinking one day going to the dollar store and buy hundreds of deodorant and put a sign up saying "PLEASE use before and after workout, take one FREE" lol
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    People.
  • Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    Options
    That one dude curling 25 lbs right next to the rack. Come on dude, take about two steps back, please
  • BroScience83
    BroScience83 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    9bde100000000000.gif
  • Noelv1976
    Options
    ffulbbn9ejqk.gif
    raw.gif 118.3K
  • BroScience83
    BroScience83 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    My biggest pet peeve is that their responses are too far apart.

this
  • Noelv1976
    Options
    I remembered this one pet peeve I posted on a similar thread about kids hanging around a equipment and just talking loud, not even working out. Some dude said I should focus on what I'm doing not the other people.
    I'm telling you, people get butt hurt easily in here.
  • RWClary
    RWClary Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Ive got a few...
    But would like to hear yours!
    I am not into peeves, but when guys do not rack their weights, my blood boils.
    I have gotten into fist fights over this which is absurd.
    Now, I just walk up to the offender and say, "hey, you want me to rack your weights""
    That usually moves them to action, and a few actually reply "yes, thanks"..lol

And I just go rack them - no violence required. Life is too short for that.

• Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    usmc01462 wrote: »
    my pet peeeve is guys that check out their own *kitten* in the mirror are you freaking kidding me.

maybe stop worrying about their *kitten*?
  • Noelv1976
    Options
    Rage_Phish wrote: »
    usmc01462 wrote: »
    my pet peeeve is guys that check out their own *kitten* in the mirror are you freaking kidding me.

maybe stop worrying about their *kitten*?

^^ see, case in point. someone has to point out other people's pet peeves. can't just let it go
  • no_day_but_2day
    no_day_but_2day Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    mza3pmysnrb2.jpeg

Also the face I make when I see a woman doing glute kickbacks.

OMG hahahahhahah That was just what I needed. I love this. Thank you kind sir.
  • serenityfrye
    serenityfrye Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    benjaminhk wrote: »
    1. When I catch people staring at me. I know they aren't checking me out so that makes it even weirder for me.
    2. When I can't get the machine/bench/equipment I want and nothing that is similar is available either so I wander around looking lost trying to figure out what to do instead.

Both of these. I have enough social anxiety without worrying about looking like a weirdo at the gym.

Also, Taking the clips off the bar without unloading it is not sign enough for me that you are done at that station so I'll eye it awkwardly forever waiting to make sure you didn't just dash off for water/a sprint/to do the rest of your seven station circuit.
  • Tenster
    Tenster Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    When 4 people (usually young lads who look the exact same) use one machine/station. Usually the squat rack to do bicep curls
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    I always use the monkey gym (pun intended) so no pet peeves :-)
  • JasonRainboze
    JasonRainboze Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I get irritated with loud talkers when I have headphones in. Or people who just sit on machines and surf on their phone.
  • toned_thugs_n_harmony
    toned_thugs_n_harmony Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    my biggest pet peeve is people who go to the gym and actually wanna work out. they smell bad, and look ugly and make weird noises and they're getting their bodies in shape... goddamn, I hate that!
  • lesleyloo7879
    lesleyloo7879 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    my biggest pet peeve is people who go to the gym and actually wanna work out. they smell bad, and look ugly and make weird noises and they're getting their bodies in shape... goddamn, I hate that!

Wait we are not suppose to do that? Well Crap!!!

• toned_thugs_n_harmony
    toned_thugs_n_harmony Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options

Wait we are not suppose to do that? Well Crap!!!

I know, it's confusing... but you should probably only go to the gym if you wanna criticize what everyone there does, and take lots of selfies!
  • nichalsont
    nichalsont Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    The PT who trains out of our staff gym. I used to train with her until she and I had a little FB tiff over her fat-shaming. She's a total bag and her attitude stinks. Every time I see her in the gym, which is often, she gives me a nasty look. I actually find it pretty amusing since I've made huge strides since doing my own thing (lost 65 lbs). But just her very presence irritates me, knowing how she looks down on people. Grrrr.

If you've lost 65 pounds without her help and she's still giving you the stink eye after all that time, then you win. I'd let it go.

Tell her "I've seen you looking at me. I look great don't I?" Then let it go...