WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2016

Options

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,355 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Phew! Back at DS's house. B)Really warm today. :D

DS is stressed out with travelling and having to mend beer machines etc. Rushing in for a second then back out to the train to Brighton.Good job I had bought him a Scotch Egg from Paxton & Whitfield for a present. Do you have scotch eggs in the US? We're having Vietnamese tonight.

Love Heather UK
  • StephanieJane2
    StephanieJane2 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Hi there ladies, my name is Stephanie and i live in france. Born in UK but have lived here 7 years, before france I lived in Greece. I live here with my 2 dogs Fred and Olive both french bulldogs. Very boring in this part of france, but i like to cycle and walk, although having problems with the walking bit as I have bad back and need hip replacements ! I tend to eat out of boredom, which I am a bit at moment, so thought I'd write this to help me stay out of the kitchen .
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    o:)
  • Lagopus
    Lagopus Posts: 1,016 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Heather - I sincerely doubt they have scotch eggs in the US because I hadn't a clue what a scotch egg was until I Googled it. They look delicious... and highly fattening. A stressed out young father can probably handle one, but for the likes of you and me, I think Vietnamese is a better choice. :laugh:

Stephanie, welcome! I'm glad for every newbie in my own time zone! The lovely ladies on this site are wonderful, but most of them sleep until after my lunchtime.
    /Penny at the emoticon-object-026.gif
    17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Phew! Back at DS's house. B)Really warm today. :D

DS is stressed out with travelling and having to mend beer machines etc. Rushing in for a second then back out to the train to Brighton.Good job I had bought him a Scotch Egg from Paxton & Whitfield for a present. Do you have scotch eggs in the US? We're having Vietnamese tonight.

Love Heather UK

We do at a bar called the Britt, very good! Gayle Minneapolis
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    It's one of those days. *sigh*
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,710 Member
    Options
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Marcelynh wrote: »

Ahhh, hang in there, we get it. (((Hugs)))

Janetr OKC
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Marcelyn – My DH and I have filled one 5-gallon jar or pennies; and have another about 4/5th of the way full. Now they are talking about discontinuing pennies because it costs more to make them than they are worth. Makes me wonder if a metal salvage yard would then buy them. Oh well, could run them through one of those counting machines but it would take a cart to pick them up and move them; then we’d have to pull them out on the floor. At this point we will just keep them. How they figure sales tax means that you often need them. Copper is pretty anyway and makes a good decoration. I have poured them out before after rolling it away from the wall; but, could not see myself counting them. Way too many. Guess we could find out how much the jar weighed; weigh out a certain amount in pennies and figure out how many lbs. are in the jar. We’ve collected them since our boys were little; and, DOS will be 40 in June. Good for you for making over $3 by picking up ‘dirty money’ … is that called ‘laundering money’? Spends just the same. I have rolled quarters, dimes, nickels and pennies before, just to go ‘out to eat’. I put my name and telephone number on roller and usually don’t have any problems with it, I just get looked at strangely. Was told once that they could not take rolls, so I slapped it against the counter and dumped the quarters on it and said, ‘well, now you can, and I proceeded to count it out’.

Patceoh – Great NSV with jacket.

Barbiecat – I go to the Periodontist about 3 or 4 times a year; I have about 7 posts and 10 caps in my mouth; but, I still have the rest that are mine. Dentist (regular one) did the caps; and lengthened the 4 across the front; because I have a ‘horseshoe’ palette which he said was considered a birth defect. But, one thing I noticed was I can now ‘whistle’ … lightly; but, just the same, can ‘whistle’.

Becca – That is one damn @$$ long bridge! I thought the bridge from Jacksonville over to Orange Park, FL was long … I think that one beats it by a long shot. Also bridge over the Ponchatrain (sp?) going into New Orleans, Louisiana is a long one; maybe still not as long as this one. You did a great job driving.
    On the 2nd video, what were you riding?

Katla – Thank you … if it is ‘sprained’ it is a bad one. Hurts when I try to put pressure on it or turn it. I about came off the table when the technician turned it both ways to get a picture of it on the x-ray. He did not seem to care if I ‘screamed at him while doing so’. I go to my GP on Monday. He might just refer me to an Orthopedist; but, with the changes in ObamaCare … I am not ready to make an appointment with OrthoMD without a ‘referral’. I want to make sure he gets paid. Although my State Farm insurance is the one paying him.

Meg – Happy ‘early’ birthday!

I've heard of 'pickled' eggs; but, never "Scotch" eggs. I eat one boiled egg; when I am exercising more than normal (for the protein).

My ankle is 'killing' me; can't get into a comfortable position for very long. Hurts to try to bend it up or down. Going sideways is impossible without shooting pain and seeing stars. Today, I have been trying to get around without a cane. When I get tired, I pull the cane out.

Go for my weigh-in on Monday since I missed it Tuesday when I was on my way and had the wreck. Was supposed to also have my physical on the same day; that got rescheduled. Wanted to do it on Friday the 13th; and, I hesitated, so she said, maybe the 20th will be better. Called my BF before they moved me to ambulance and she got all upset and wanted if I wanted her to come. Nahda! Had enough going on without listening to her. Six hours in the ER; at the 'North Campus' of the hospital. If I had gone 'downtown' to the hospital (main campus) I probably would have still been in the ER waiting for that long. DOGD came and picked me up. DH and DOS went back to work when they found out I was going to be 'ok'.

Car is going to be 'repaired'. Not enough damage for them to 'total' it ... just hope it is 'good as new' when I get it back. I've used this body shop before and had no issues. Or, they fixed them. Said that when they finish it, they will take it to the Honda place and have a 'full inspection' and test everything out. Hopefully, including the front air bags. Talked to Honda Service and they said that the front end is made so that it will take the brunt of the collision before the airbags deploy. Don't want them to deploy if it is hit in a low impact collision. I might have been hurt worse if they had deployed; or, at least that is what I want to think. The soreness in my chest is getting a little better. It certainly worked well.

Lenora
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,355 Member
    Options
    Grits - It certainly sounds as if there is some deplacement of the metalware in your ankle! Poor you. :'(

A pic of doting Granny.

fpt3tkkkupwh.jpg

Ate much too much Vietnamese. Delicious.

Love Heather UK
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Becca: I just watched your bridge crossing by bike. You are one gutsy girl! I admire that about you. The bridge is busy and the "bike lane" at the edge is narrow. WTG!!! <3B)<3B) How did you take the video?

Oh that wasn't ME.....I googled "crossing Youngs Bay Bridge" and found that video!! I would be screaming and pedaling if that was me. I am not brave like our PIP :-)
    Becca
    chicken in
    Oregon
  • Annr
    Options

Becca - I was actually thinking about your husband's knees last week, hoping we would get to see him in a kilt again soon. :p Sorry he's had a boo-boo with one of them. Send him my best wishes for a quick recovery.
    /Penny at the emoticon-object-026.gif

[/quote]

On the 13th of this month we shall know more info when we visit the Orthopedic doctor. The swelling has already gone way down though, a good sign! I told him all you ladies were wishing him well, he was flattered.
    Becca
  • Annr
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    morning peeps -

annr- were you on a bike???!!! that is so awesome, i would have loved to have been there riding with you! the skinny lane for bikes to ride on is what i'm used to when i ride so it wouldn't have bothered me. did you use a gopro?? do you know how long it will last as far as power? kirby was thinking about getting one for when we do the MS ride this year.

janetr- lololol

barbiecat - thanks for sharing about fanncy

Ah Pip, you are our brave bike lady, I just googled "crossing the Youngs Bay Bridge" and found it. Its not me....It's REALLY a skinny area for the bikes, not the safest thing to do...Most walk their bikes on the little sidewalk part.
    Becca
    Oregon
  • Annr
    Options
    Marcelynh wrote: »

((((((hugs))))))) from Oregon....and they are warm because its blue-skies and the sun is out!
    Becca
    Oregon
  • Annr
    Options
    Lenora~ The video that shows the biker going over the bridge isn't me, but it was the bridge I drove on. The other video is a main bridge that connects Oregon to Washington state.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astoria–Megler_Bridge#/media/File:Astoria-Megler_Bridge01_2008-02-26.jpg

It's the longest continuous truss bridge in North America.

This is what I see 5 minutes walk from the apartment:
    002_zps1grqaih8.jpg

So Hammond Oregon is quite far away from Astoria. The bridge I crossed is far right (off this picture)

Becca
  • Annr
    Options
    100_3318_zpsejbluig7.jpg

And you all remember the "wiggle" dress pic, that is a great bridge shot.
    Becca
    (oh I can get in that wiggle dress without even unzipping the thing!)
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Renewed a long standing custom from back in the days when I had a family around me ... grocery shopping day was sandwich dinner night. So today I made an avocado, muenster cheese, lettuce and tomato sandwich on Beefstead pumpernickle bread toast and washed it down with a glass of milk. The bread was crunchy after being toasted so I didn't miss not having chips with it. There are fresh berries for dessert.

For those of us who saved our pennies ... here is one solution to using them creatively ... except, if it's true they will be discontinued, then I wouldn't want to use them up that way; I'd want to save them as they are ... coins.z6mxtnx8syge.jpg
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,092 Member
    Options
    Heather love it!
  • pipcd34
    Options