WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2016

Options

Replies

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,887 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies: Went to the YM this morning and met with a wellness coach. It is free with your membership so why not. We agreed that I would work on lower body strength training and stretching. She showed me which machines and how to use them, also some exercises to do without machines and a cardio machine that I can use even with my knee replacements. It also has an arm component. I will alternate this workout with water exercise. I see her again in 4 weeks.

Becca - Congrats on making it over the bridge.

Karen - I did gel shots in my knees, Supartz. It is five shots 1 week apart. Worked really well the first time. I was able to go to DC with a bunch of high school students and did lots of walking. They lasted about 8-9 months, six months is average. I had them repeated three times and they lasted a little less each time. Finally had the knee replaced as it became unstable. I was told they work best when there is at least a little cartilage left in the joint as the gel works as a cushion. It is the same stuff they give horses that are having joint problems.

Katla - Mix 3/4 cup oatmeal, 2 teaspoons chia seed, 2 teaspoons brown sugar, 2 tablespoons peanut butter and 1/2 cup milk. Stir in 2 tablespoons chocolate chips, I use mini. Cover and let sit in refrigerator overnight. Makes 2 servings. It does taste like cookie dough but has more protein and fiber and no egg so you don't have to worry about eating it "raw".

Beautiful, sunny day here today, take care everyone, Sue in WA
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    B)
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    Hi there ladies, my name is Stephanie and i live in france. Born in UK but have lived here 7 years, before france I lived in Greece. I live here with my 2 dogs Fred and Olive both french bulldogs. Very boring in this part of france, but i like to cycle and walk, although having problems with the walking bit as I have bad back and need hip replacements ! I tend to eat out of boredom, which I am a bit at moment, so thought I'd write this to help me stay out of the kitchen .

194904olsgis3xqe.gif weight-lifting-smiley-emoticon.gif 239603iu9tyt3tga.gif 569147nmlfkdnzlz.gif

Welcome, Stephanie, you have come to the right place....we come from all over and do all sorts of exercise....come back here and join in the conversation...that will help you stay out of the kitchen.

:) Barbie from beautiful sunny NW Washington
  • MightyLolo
    MightyLolo Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    <whining>
    Ugh I had so much stuff go wrong today, and the interview has been canceled because they already made someone else an offer, and it got verbally accepted, and they're saying they want me to be the next person they hire, after the dust settles, but who knows, and I got really stressed out and bought a gluten-free cupcake and stuffed it in my mouth too fast to even enjoy and UGH.
    </whining>
    Thanks for "listening".

Larisa in Seattle
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,710 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    stats for the day:
    ride hm 2 gym- 12.46min, 14.1amph, 142mhr, 3mi = 106c
    incline walk- 43min, 124ahr, 144mhr, 15.44ap, 1385 elevation gain, 10incl 1st 20min, 12incl 2nd 23min, 3.8-4.0sp, 2.73mi = 360c
    ride gym 2 dome- 5.33min, 15.4amph, 140mhr 1.4mi = 71c
    ride wk 2 hm-56.24min, 11.3amph, 155mhr, 10.5mi = 489c 13mph winds!!!!
    total cal 1026
  • oceanmelody
    oceanmelody Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Just a quick check-in. Have been very busy lately and not able to get more than lunchtime walks in my schedule.
    Kind of blue that DD 1 now has to go job hunting. She worked her tail off but a powers to be just did not like her and arranged a demotion. Really sickening the way people can get away with this garbage...we could use prayers and hugs...
    Betty
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    :)Terri,It's good to hear from you again....I have missed you

:'(Larisa, sorry you had such a stressful day....sleep well and make a fresh start tomorrow.

:'( I'd write more, but the dogs are asking to go out again and Jake is already in his pj's so I guess the job is mine.
  • tryingtolive1
    tryingtolive1 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    pz8uhkq5e90c.jpg

Just finished getting my last tattoo till fall. I have a tendency to lose sight that I have faith love and hope. This way I will always carry it with me all the time.

Anne from Wisconsin
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options

Did 50 min of a horizontal conditioning DVD. Boy, I'm really not used to working with the gliding disks. Actually, I don't have disks but use washcloths instead. Does the same thing. They really work your abs.The plan for tomorrow is to do a Denise Austin Boot Camp DVD.

meg - happy birthday!

Stephanie - welcome! I try to do crafts to keep my hands busy so I won't be tempted to eat.

Has anyone noticed that the meals under the "meals tab" are now alphabetized. FINALLY!!!!

Niki - what a cool floor!

Larisa - that company doesn't know what it missed out on! I'm so sorry for you

Michele in NC
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding.

Good Evening, Ladies,

Marcelyn, truth be told, that $3.28 was probably some of the easiest money you ever made. And you are so right about other things we have touched in our lives. lol

Becca, good girl for driving.

Katla, I will admit you are the first person I ever hear of that couldn't sleep due to brking sea lions.

Mic heleNC, I think you will finish your beaded banner before I finish all my painting. The handyman came on Thursday and finished sanding the door and mailbox post that I now hav e to paint. The door into the garage had the paint licked off by a black lab. She licks it every night while her dinner is being prepared and we can't stop her for more than a couple of minutes. So it had rusted and has now been sanded down to the metal. I got some Rust Oleom Appliance epoxy paint to put on it. Then after a few coats I'll paint it. I wish there was a paint that would last for 25 years by just getting it by the gallon.

Terri, it was good to hear from you. I'm glad to hear that you are still winning tickets even if you don't have time to post often. Just don't forget us and feel better. ((((Hugs))))

Meg, Happy Birthday/Mothers' Day to you on Sunday. I hope you have a great day.

Heather, I've seen Scotch Eggs on TV but never known of them being sold in the US. Love the picture of you and Bea!!!!

Stephanie, welcome. Are you retired? Married? Live alone with your dogs? Tell us a bit more about yourself and visit often.

Sue, how many calories are in the oatmeal recipe you gave to Katla?

Larissa, sorry about the day but just know that something better may come along. ((((Hugs))))

I've been busy today with committee work for the Women of the Moose. Once I get through this first month, things should slow down.

I hope you all have a happy and healthy day.

Words I live by:
    Savor: I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    Opportunity: Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.

Love you,
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC

• Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Finished out my day much better than it started. Two of my granddaughters came over and finished the skirts they were sewing. Simple elastic waist skirts but they did such a great job on them. Today was the hem and I'm a "mean grandma" and I made them learn how to do a hand done hem (slip stitch). They had practiced but they did the entire skirt today and they are both excited to wear their creations to church on Sunday. They did great for little 8 yr old girls. Next up is gathering and a waistband so they are doing an apron....

Then I went and helped my oldest daughter change the oil in her lawn mower. She hadn't ever done it and we got it done quickly... well, kind of. We were starting into it and my husband showed up. He declared that we were "doing it wrong" and set about trying to do it "the right way." I don't know why he does this as he is NOT mechanical and I'm the one who fixes things in our family. lol So after 30 minutes of him grousing about and sharing a few choice words we ended up doing it the way I had started doing it. And it took us less than five minutes. Go figure. lol My daughter just laughed about it and said it wouldn't be mom and dad if it hadn't gone the way it did. Believe me I leave certain things to my husband but if it involves the yard, mechanical work or woodworking it's my bailiwick. He gets the big projects like concrete and fences and anything that requires engineering and I let him have the investments (although I keep up with them). Also he does vomit and I do blood. That was a handy division of duties when the kids were little. lol

Marcelyn
    Feeling better in Houston
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,710 Member
    Options
    17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Can't believe today's weather,94 , in Minnesota! Gayle Minneapolis
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Nikion901 – I would not want to have to be down on all 4’s long enough to cover a floor with my pennies; might have enough, good idea … I’m just too lazy.

Lenora
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    B)
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Heather: A restaurant/bar called the Hungry Lion in a town near us makes and sells scotch eggs. YUM!!!!! We love them but don't have them very often and we haven't figured out how they do it. :bigsmile:

Stephanie: Welcome! :smiley:

Sue: I copied the Chocolate Chip Oatmeal recipe and plan to try it soon! Thank you. :flowerforyou:

DJ: I promise you that I'm not the only one that sea lions keep awake at night. They swim up the river chasing salmon, are quiet most of the day and bark at night. :devil:

We went to the grand opening of a new BiMart store in the next town over. We started shopping in one of their stores back in the early 70's in Eugene, OR. When we moved to the Portland metro area, there were a few but none close to us. Now there is one about 10 or 15 miles away. It was like going home. :bigsmile: This is an employee owned company, and the employees at the new store were happy and helpful.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

Tibetan proverb: "The secret to living well and long is: Eat half, walk double, laugh triple and love without measure..."

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Hi gals,

Michele – a Black dress for a wedding could work if it is a wedding in the evening or on new years.

Heather – so I googled scotch egg to see if we called it something else, but I have never seen one here, but they sound good! Found a recipe where they are baked instead of fried – a bit healthier

Becca – so awesome that you can get into the dress without unzipping.

Larissa – that is so wrong that they offer before even interviewing you…

Kim from N. California
  • StephanieJane2
    StephanieJane2 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome. Trying to type with 2 dogs fighting for lap space isn't easy ! Walkies soon then going out for a ride, although I've done 2 longish (for me) last 2 days but want to try out new milage ap strava. Back later, have a good weekend everybody x
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,803 Member
    Options
    morning ladies~
    Yup it is 2 a.m. here in Connecticut and I am awake.... geesh... Tom will be back here around 5 pm... he left early Thursday afternoon.
    I forgot to tell you we had the quarterly meeting at the nursing home and my DFIL is doing well.. hasn't had many episodes of being nasty and getting violent..they have gotten his meds I guess to a level that works and im glad.. I did tell them to maybe get something to put on his bed railings so when he does lash out he doesn't hurt himself.. can you believe they cannot put certain things on the bed railings as it is a visual restraint :/
    my sleep has been a bit crazy with everything going on. Today in town is the townwide tag sale but I dont need anything and I donated a lot of stuff...
    I posted a picture I found of my mom,my brother and I when Sean and I were little on Facebook for Mother's day..