• GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    :/
  • Charleen2
    Charleen2 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Morning!

Poerava14 - I live between Loveland and Fort Collins. It's a wonderful location and the folks here are so very friendly. Of course Colorado natives all seem to be uber fit so it's easy to spot us transplants. :p

It looks like it may be safe to turn on the sprinkler system, we will be in the low 80's today and tomorrow and it looks like night time temps will stay above freezing for at least the next 10 days. That means I will be out in the yard working hard to repair grass winter kill and planting my veggies and flowers for the season.

Charleen in sunny Colorado
  • mikesmom1983
    mikesmom1983 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!

Nikki from MA was very wise to head south, I pulled my winter jacket out today. Cold and drizzly, has been all week and no sun in sight.

Wishing all of those who are sick and hurt a full and speedy recovery.

Lisa...good luck on the new job. Loved the article.

Heather...cute, cute, cute baby. Enjoy your grands today.

Didn't sleep well at all last night, too many things swirling around in my head. As a result, got up too late to exercise, hope to do so when I get home.

Had a super eventful week last week, aside from the adventure on the Garden State Parkway. I will share soon, just waiting for some things to fall into place before I do.

Jake the rescue dog celebrated 7 years with me this past Monday. We have bought each other great joy.

Got my hair cut and colored last night, I feel so much better.

Gotta run.
    Chris in cold, damp MA
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry to have been lost for a while. I've been super, super busy! Our new co-op is up and running. We opened our doors to the public yesterday. My pottery is selling! Gotta make more VERY soon! My grandkids are busy with activities and programs at school.

One of the little boys in my DGD#2's class had a house fire and his two little brothers and father were seriously injured and flown to Kansas City. The 3rd grader was already at school and his mom was at work when it happened, so they weren't injured. So, Some of the other artists and I are putting together a little clay party for him and his cub scout friends, to try to lift his spirits a little. And the kids at school are having a penny drive, so I've been gathering up pennies for that. They think they are going to help fix his house. Sweet, but not likely. It was pretty much destroyed. This is the best part about living in a small town. Everybody knows everybody and people all pull together. Two of our artists work with the grandmother of the kids in the fire, another one works with the husband (who was the big hero of the whole thing for going back in several times to find and rescue his little boys.) He got burns and smoke inhilation. The boys got smoke inhilation.

I got a bad cold a week ago and have been trying to find time to take it easy, but so far that hasn't happened. I have discovered the joys of Google Calendar, and every day is busy with something.

Today I started physical therapy for my bad hips and back, and I think it went well. I limped in and walked out, so I think the first treatment was a success. Spinal stenosis, they are calling it. Tuesday I start pool therapy and Thursday they are putting me back on "the rack". My stroke damage is all gone. Every bit of it. I was really lucky with that. I saw the cardiologist yesterday and he ordered a battery of follow up tests. My guts are still trying to kill me, my diet is screwed up and my weight is climbing a little. Hopefully if I can get my hips working I can get the exercise going again. I'm looking forward to that.

And my drafting business had picked up recently. In fact, I have three rooms waiting for me now, so I'd better get that done.

Have a wonderful day! Don't worry about me!

Sylvia
  • MightyLolo
    MightyLolo Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Leonora, add me to the list of people upset you had that accident but happy you made it out alive!
    Betty

Meee toooo!

I have a job interview on Monday that includes tech-skill screening, so I'll be studying, exercising, sleeping, and eating, and not much else, till then... wishing you all a splendid weekend, meanwhile...

Larisa
  • mikesmom1983
    Options
    MightyLolo wrote: »
    Leonora, add me to the list of people upset you had that accident but happy you made it out alive!
    Betty

Meee toooo!

I have a job interview on Monday that includes tech-skill screening, so I'll be studying, exercising, sleeping, and eating, and not much else, till then... wishing you all a splendid weekend, meanwhile...

Larisa

The best of luck Larisa!

Chris in MA
  • mikesmom1983
    Options
    Glad you're OK Sylvia.

Chris in MA
  • Lagopus
    Lagopus Posts: 1,016 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Sylvia, of all the possible reasons for you to be offline, I can't think of better ones than you've just given us. I must confess I'm frightfully relieved! :*

You can tell us not to worry about you, but we won't necessarily be listening with that ear. We care so much about you :heart: :heart: :heart:
    /Penny at the emoticon-object-026.gif
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Sylvia, thank you so much for the GOOD news. We are so happy for you and hope that you continue to get the back an hips in good working order. Sounds like you have a lot going on but also that things are going well. Thanks for taking time to reassure us :)

Janetr OKC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,709 Member
    Options
  • ljdw99
    ljdw99 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    <3
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/embed/GL0rbxB9Lqg?feature=player_embedded" Don't know if this will play (tried to copy a hyperlink ... thought PIP would get a kick out of it. Might have to type it into her browser to look at it. Extreme bike riding.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,092 Member
    Options
    Rori sorry about the job. Prayers for your family and your loss.

Becca hope DH feels better soon.
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Sylvia! Glad it was good reasons, my dear. :)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,709 Member
    Options
    couldn't pull it up
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Sylvia, so glad to see you posted. Children are so innocent in that they think their pennies will do something. But they will be a seed that everyone listens to and contributes to. I do wish your gut would settle down.

Lenora, and Becca, hope all settles down with your and DH injuries.

Went to Wednesday evening activities which includes supper. The menu was listed as chicken casseroles which confused me. Was is individual casseroles like pot pies? But it was a choice of chicken tetrazzini or cashew chicken/rice. I took a little of the tetrazzini. Green beans was served along with rolls and cake. Didn't eat the rolls but did take a little cake. I have found that if I have my jaw a little to the left side rather than in in the middle, it doesn't hurt as much and I can eat soft foods that actually takes chewing instead of just putting it in my mouth and swallowing.

Charlie did tell me today that Michelle talked him into getting me something for Mother's Day. Although I appreciate a gift, I would rather it be his idea. I have no idea whether he will do this since it is Thursday and he hasn't done anything about it. He said he wants to design it and I know how expensive that will be way expensive. Plus, Saturday is coming soon and the whole family will be here. I say whole family but I will miss my oldest daughter. I never have her here on Mother's Day anyway so normally it wouldn't bother me but with the rest of the family here I will miss her. But with her not here, I can let my brother stay here at our home and it will save him so much money.

Joyce, Indiana
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Lenora ... I have a 2002 Acura, which is manufactured by Honda and have had 3 airbag recalls for the airbags. The last one was only about a year ago and I was surprised because there had been one just a few years before then. When I heard about the recall, I called the dealer and they put me on a 'case number' ... and because my car was older, not purchased but serviced at their place I was pushed to the back of the line until all their new and dealer sales were taken care of first. You had to put in the serial number of the car to find out if yours was part of the recall.

Michelle in NC ... yes, I wear compression hose and they help when the swelling is not extreme. Except, I went through a couple week period not long ago where my feet were too swollen to keep them on ... my poor footsies look like overstuffed sausages, and then the swelling extends into my ankles and up my leg.

Hey ... I've come up with a way to eat chicken breast that actually tastes good to me! (I don't like chicken breast). Here is what I do, and I cook it in a microwave oven .. it comes out with a bit of juice that almost makes it a thick soup.

Niki's Chicken Veggie Stew in a microwave
    Into a large microwave safe bowl with a cover (I use an down-turned dinner plate that fits the bowl rim)
    1/2 chicken breast - 4 ounces, cut into 1/4-inch strips across the grain
    drizzle oil - about 1 teaspoon
    poultry seasonings of your choice, black pepper, salt if you use it
    1 baby bold onion, or any onion, sliced up ... 1/4 cup
    garlic cloves - sliced ... per your taste
    2 large cherry tomatoes, or 1 plum tomato, or 1/2 beefsteak tomato ... sliced up
    2 cups baby spinach - raw
    other vegetables of your choice ... cut up mushrooms, sliced zucchini, slivered carrots, broccolli or cauliflower florets, strips of bell peppers, cubed squash, cubed cucumber ... whatever you have on hand ... use one or more to make up about 1 cup additional vegetables for the bowl.
    Citric acid of some sort ... use fresh cut up lemons, orange segments, grapefruit sections, or a vinegar.

Layer the ingredients one atop the other into the bowl, starting with the chicken strips, oil and spices ... End with the spinach and citric acid of your choosing. Cover and microwave until cooked through ... I use 60-70% power for 15 minutes on my microwave. Use pot holders to take out of the appliance and let rest, still covered, on the counter for an additional number of minutes until it cools down a little ... about 5 or so minutes. Uncover, stir everything together, enjoy with a spoon and a fork!

Today I used cut up cucumber. Yesterday it was mushrooms and broccolli. The day before that it was mushrooms and bell peppers. If using mushrooms, place them into the bowl first, before the chicken.

If you try this, let me know how you like it. I suppose you could use kale or another dark green instead of the spinach, but that's the only dark green leafy veggie that I really like.

NY Niki
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    :)Sylvia, I'm glad to see you back <3

:'( I'm headed for the dentist this afternoon :'(
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Rori: I am sorry you've been diagnosed with fibromyalgia but I'm confident that you can deal with it. Changing jobs might be a huge help. You've never complained about the travel your job requires, but I would find frequent travel for business to be very stressful. I hope you find a satisfying job with the girl scouts or elsewhere that is enjoyable & doesn't require so much time away from home. :heart: So sorry about the death of your niece's infant son. :broken_heart:

Janetr: Love the raw food choice! There is nothing I can think of that is more sinfully delicious than chocolate chip cookie dough. :devil: Too bad it is high calorie and low nutrition. :cry:

Heather: I love the baby photos! :bigsmile:

Lenora: I understand that sprains can be harder to heal than broken bones. Thinking of my broken wrist, the bone healed quickly but the soft tissue is still a work in progress. I hope you heal quickly. :smiley:

Sylvia: It is great to see your post! I'm glad to hear your physical therapy session helped you feel better. :bigsmile:

Larissa: Good luck! :smiley:

Barbie: Good luck at the dentist appointment. :flowerforyou:

We're back from viewing a potential RV and it is not the one for us. I am currently feeling sleep derived because of DH's snoring and the effects of the trip. He is off running errands and thinks I'm napping, but this group provides more rest than a nap would. Not to mention friendship and perspective.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

Tibetan proverb: "The secret to living well and long is: Eat half, walk double, laugh triple and love without measure..."

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison