Over 200 New Year New Me Part 25

Replies

• tlrue
    tlrue Posts: 567 Member
    Checking in for yesterday!

Calories - under!
    Water - LOTS!!
    Fitness - just cleaning (focused on the water yesterday)
    Proud - I let the weekend go
  • cris20056
    cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
    Julie- I worked for DHL too which I would love to have back...but I didnt do like courier packages, I worked for their global forwarding divisions which shipped entire containers from abroad. My customer was actually Under Armour...overly expensive sport apparel, I know. (I know you too well) But it was awesome working for/with them. I got so many great discounts so our closet is full of UA stuff. I never would have left that job, but I got preggo and my dad was offering me a deal I couldnt refuse. Better pay, felxible hours, longer maternity leave, and more flexibility when hes sick etc to work from home. I really wish that I had never left DHL though! I cant stand working for my dad.

tstout- I am kind of the middle man in the shipping process...so Im prob the type of person you deal with hahah

raider- try planning your day out in advance. It doesnt mean you have to stick to it but it makes it a lot easier to log before you eat so you know you have enough cals left. After a while you learn how much calories certain things have and tend to make better decisions but until you have that down I suggest you log BEFORE eating. I try to log my food in the morning...my dinners usually end up changing because Im running late dont have an ingredient, etc but at least by then I know I have 400 or so cals to allot. I also log snack in...I try not to go longer than 3 hours without eating or I'll binge. Hope this helps!

scale was still 194 this morning....I am super excited to log it Friday unless I do something to screw it up this week!

TODAY BOBBY AND I ARE CELEBRATING 6 YEARS TOGETHER!!!!!:heart::heart: :heart: :heart:

He hasnt wished me a happy anniversary or anything and we said we werent doing gifts....and dinner or whatever we do is supposed to be Friday or Saturday so it kind of seems like "just another day" but I've been reflecting on the past 6 years...its been a definite roller coaster. We have been through so much together, including a horrible 6 month split, hospitalizations, weird diseases, long distance relationship...and we overcame all of it together! So meant to be! LOVE HIM!!!!:love::love: :love:

K better get back to work, ill be around

where is mstahl? is she on vacay?
    Jess- have a safe flight! Ill stalk your iphone :tongue:
  • raiderape
    raiderape Posts: 300
    raider- try planning your day out in advance. It doesnt mean you have to stick to it but it makes it a lot easier to log before you eat so you know you have enough cals left. After a while you learn how much calories certain things have and tend to make better decisions but until you have that down I suggest you log BEFORE eating. I try to log my food in the morning...my dinners usually end up changing because Im running late dont have an ingredient, etc but at least by then I know I have 400 or so cals to allot. I also log snack in...I try not to go longer than 3 hours without eating or I'll binge. Hope this helps!

scale was still 194 this morning....I am super excited to log it Friday unless I do something to screw it up this week!

TODAY BOBBY AND I ARE CELEBRATING 6 YEARS TOGETHER!!!!!:heart::heart: :heart: :heart:

He hasnt wished me a happy anniversary or anything and we said we werent doing gifts....and dinner or whatever we do is supposed to be Friday or Saturday so it kind of seems like "just another day" but I've been reflecting on the past 6 years...its been a definite roller coaster. We have been through so much together, including a horrible 6 month split, hospitalizations, weird diseases, long distance relationship...and we overcame all of it together! So meant to be! LOVE HIM!!!!:love::love: :love:

K better get back to work, ill be around

where is mstahl? is she on vacay?
    Jess- have a safe flight! Ill stalk your iphone :tongue:

Thanks for the help Cris! I usually log my stuff in before I eat it but I didn't have much time before my dh decided where we were going. I did better than I normally do. I was proud of myself for not getting something with french fries!

Congrats on your 6 year Anniversary!!!!:love::happy:

Hope today is a much better day for you!!

I am not sure were mstahl is. I was thinking I missed something too.
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Good morning!

tstout: I also love the calculator humor commercial. Most of them make me laugh even though my boyfriend looks at me weird because he doesn't think they're that funny. I'll have to try the pomegranate lemonade Crystal Light. I live on the raspberry lemonade already.

Jess: Safe travels! Have a great time camping and hopefully we'll have camping stories to exchange next week.

elmox: Your outdoor pilates sounds lovely. I still have to give pilates a shot some time. I think I'm chicken because I hate yoga and think it will be similar.

Julie: Library assistant would be my dream job considering I'm such a bookworm, but I don't have the English degree so I'm not qualified. I applied once at Barnes & Noble for a part time job, but was "over-qualified." As someone in HR, I would WANT to hire someone who LOVES books and would spend their entire paycheck at your store. Duh. Good luck if you apply for it because I'm positive you would be the best candidate and no one else would do as well.

Bluenote: Great news about your doctor. If he hadn't been excited about your weight loss, I'd suggest you got a new doc! It's so awesome that they might reduce your hormone meds. Yay and congrats again!!

Checking in for yesterday:
    Calories: 568 calorie deficit
    Sodium: Over by 815 (more hotdogs)
    Water: 64 oz!
    Exercise: 30 Day Shred, Level 1 followed by stretching video.
    Proud: I exercised after my volunteer work and managed to do laundry and get packed for the LONG weekend.

Apparently, I have a problem with the hotdogs and brats this time of year with the grilling. The calories are fine but the sodium is terrible. I'm thinking I should see if there are any lower sodium links out there for camping this weekend. Afterall, a six year old boy practically lives on hotdogs.

Also, Level 1 of 30 Day Shred used to burn over 300 calories when I first got it and then earlier this week it was 252 calories and last night it was only 230 calories. I know I was giving it my all because I was completing portions that I struggled with before. Can this mean my fitness level has improved that much? It will be interested to see what it says by the time I get to the 10th Level 1 workout!
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Cris: It looks like we were posting at the same time. Congrats on your anniversary AND the 194 this morning!

Raider: I also try to log my meals in the morning. Dinner is almost never what I'm thinking it might be, so that one always changes, but I can keep my breakfast and lunch well-planned and that helps. At least then I know approximately how many calories I have for my dinner. You're making progress, so I have no doubt you'll get where you need to be.
  • cris20056

Afterall, a six year old boy practically lives on hotdogs.

I know my 19 month old does.....sad, but true :tongue:

If he wont eat anything we throw a hot dog in there and bam the little booger gulps it up....
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Cris - Congrats on 6 years!!!

Jess - have a good trip!!

I am sleepy today, got up at 5:30 and started working ...with a break to get the girls ready and help serena pee in a cup..yeah exciting i know..i know you are all jealous.

I take serena back to the psyc today (thus the peein in the cup, they need 1st morning urine to test for issues with dairy)

I am a bit nervous..today i am going by myself(with her of course), too hard for jermey (dh) to get off work. He is going to go over bloodwork today. I am just scared of what he is going to say, don't want anything severe to be wrong with her, but on the same note, i don't want him to come back and say that everything is fine and there is nothing they can do for her.

It is quite a trek, like 40 minutes to get down there, it is at 3:30 so getting down there won't be bad, but coming back we will be hitting rush hour...oh fun..i work from home and drive in "0%" traffic...
  • elmox
    elmox Posts: 699 Member
    Cris, Happy Anniversary!!!

Heather - I feel you on the not burning as much as you used to. I've seen the same with my cardio workouts. I'm thrilled that I'm in better shape so I can do the same stuff without pushing my heart rate as high, but I also miss those big burns! Gotta focus on the overall health factor though. You should definitely give pilates a try - it's much more active than yoga and just because I use the same mat for them, doesn't mean they are the same! :laugh:

Deb - Thinking of you and Serena today.

Nancy - Fantastic news from the doctor! I had a doctor's appointment yesterday and he was pretty happy with my loss as well. I had my yoga mat with me (for pilates later) and I could tell that he was happy I was going to exercise later that night. It's nice when you do something "right" at the doctors!

Teresa - Way to hop back on the water wagon. Have a great day today!

Have a good one...I'm off for now. No appointments today so I'm hoping I'm really productive and get lots of work on projects done.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Cris -- Congrats on 6 years! and 194!

I think (hope) mstahl is just really busy with her granddaughter moving in & all her other houseguests and new job. Too busy to check in to but not too busy to be healthy I hope! :wink:

So.... I just had a real moment.
    I mentioned about a month ago that one of my "friends" (we were never close, but we hung out) from high school had thanked me for introducing her to MFP though Facebook. I came across a post of hers todays so I clicked to read her profile. She was always really athletic in high school. I think she played softball. Even in recent pictures she posted on facebook, I didn't think she looked big at all.
    Well, reading her profile I learned that we. wear. the. same. size. :noway:
    And we're the same height.

Tan fat really does look way better! :laugh:

She wants to lose 40 pounds and I've been thinking 50 is my goal from here so... that's probably about right. I'm just really floored someone I don't think is fat is the same size as me. It's so weird how I view other people so much differently than I look at myself.
  • raiderape
    Deb - Hope you get some answers today at the pysch appt for Serena. Let us know how it goes.

Lauren - I LOVED doing pilates!! I did them with the DVDs though. Maybe I should break them out again that would be a nice low impact workout.

Julie - I know how you feel about looking at someone else that is your size and they seem to look better. I have done that before too, of course when I was smaller. You look great!! If I could look like you I would be in heaven!! You have done a great job to look the way you do and you should be proud of it. :happy:
  • elmox
    elmox Posts: 699 Member
    Our bodies and sizes are funny things. At 226 I was wearing tight 14s and a few 16s. I know Jess is at 212 now and just fitting into 16s.The way our bodies distribute our fat is pretty interesting. It's how two people that weigh the same can look totally different. This is always something that I think about. I wish I could be more prolific with my thoughts, but this little bit is all I got. Perhaps someone else can do a better job with this.

Julie - Guess it's time to hit the tanning booth. :wink:
  • cris20056
    Our bodies and sizes are funny things. At 226 I was wearing tight 14s and a few 16s. I know Jess is at 212 now and just fitting into 16s.The way our bodies distribute our fat is pretty interesting. It's how two people that weigh the same can look totally different. This is always something that I think about. I wish I could be more prolific with my thoughts, but this little bit is all I got. Perhaps someone else can do a better job with this.

ELMOX- I dont know if you were here for this but Julie needs time to adjust....she just recently purchased her first dress, started accesorising, and got her first mani/pedi (did you ever get it done julie?)....I think tanning booth is a stretch...plus prob too expensive :laugh: :laugh:

julie- u know I love you and I wouldnt joke with you if I didnt consider you a good friend :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member

ELMOX- I dont know if you were here for this but Julie needs time to adjust....she just recently purchased her first dress, started accesorising, and got her first mani/pedi (did you ever get it done julie?)....I think tanning booth is a stretch...plus prob too expensive :laugh: :laugh:

julie- u know I love you and I wouldnt joke with you if I didnt consider you a good friend :flowerforyou: :heart:

:laugh: You're so right.
    Hell no, I didn't get the mani/pedi.
    And I haven't worn the dress anywhere either. :laugh:

I *did* at least wear a couple of long skirts and *tank tops* at the beach. :smile:

I can't even imagine lying in a tanning bed. First of all, I am so white (how white are you?). There isn't a punchline, it's just a statement. A true statement.

My gym offers unlimited tanning for people with upgraded memberships (it's 2x more a month but 2 x $10 is still only $20). I thought about it but then I came back to reality. Also, the sun is free. :tongue:
  • raiderape

:laugh: You're so right.
    Hell no, I didn't get the mani/pedi.
    And I haven't worn the dress anywhere either. :laugh:

I *did* at least wear a couple of long skirts and *tank tops* at the beach. :smile:

I can't even imagine lying in a tanning bed. First of all, I am so white (how white are you?). There isn't a punchline, it's just a statement. A true statement.

My gym offers unlimited tanning for people with upgraded memberships (it's 2x more a month but 2 x $10 is still only $20). I thought about it but then I came back to reality. Also, the sun is free. :tongue:

LOL!! Who needs a tanning bed when you have pure white skin? I am a typical redhead that can't tan so I have the whitest skin out of everyone I know so your probably still darker than me! :laugh: I have wanted to tan before but all I do is burn when I am in the sun so I don't even want to think about what I would do if I went to a tanning bed. Plus tanning beds are bad for you so I would say stick with the sun when you do get out but use protection!
  • cris20056
    OMG JULIE! You didnt get your mani/pedi!? I knew you never came back and told us all about it! Do not make me drive down there and drag ur butt to a nail parlor! Please please get one?! its not **that** much money and it makes your feet feel so good! I was anti mani/pedis too but after my first one..omg cant go back! I'll send you $20 how about that? YOU NEED ONE! YOU DESERVE ONE!!! GO RIGHT NOW!!!!!
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member

This is soo true...I know people who are my same weight wearing smaller sizes that me...at least on bottom, like i can wear 24 bottoms but like 20 tops...makes it impossible to wear some stuff as i fall out of it on top by my gut is soo big :sad: I remember when i was like 220 something (of course when i was 20 ) i wore a 20 , just how different people are built i suppose
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,499 Member
    Good morning girls,

Bluenote: Great news for the doctor’s office!

Teresa: way to go in getting back on the weight loss wagon ;)

Litdeb: hope everything goes great at the doc. Appointment. Keep us posted :)

Jess: have a safe trip! I will log onto facebook just to see how you’re doing..have fun girl!

Elmox: when I weighed 245 my pants size was 18 ( tight fit) but when I weighed 220 I was size 16 ( somewhat tight) and now at 203 I fit into a size 12/14 depending on brand. SO it does depend on body type..where we carry our weight. For me, I carry my weight all over. My body type is straight, meaning no curves whatsoever..I hate that about my body.

Julie/Cris: here is my embarrassing story in the nail salon. I went to the salon with my family, my sister was getting married so I wanted my hands to look nice ( I bite my nail so bad – to the point I have more finger than a nail). I go in and a lady walks me to the chair, the Korean lady looks at my hands and starts to talking stuff in her language..I had a feeling it wasn’t good. I didn’t say anything, I wanted her to finish ASAP! She still talking in her language and laughing then she calls someone else..well a couple of salon employees came by to take a look..all are laughing..Then she says to me..I don’t know how I am going to put a fake nail on those fingers….But I will try. She soaks my fingers, gets all the dead stuff off my nail/cuticles ..and then she beginning to put on the nail..30 minutes pass and she is still working on my nails..When I was finally done, I wanted to crawl into a hole and die. I never want to go to a salon again..it was the most embarrassing thing I have ever experience. The whole experience was dreadful to say the least.
  • cris20056
    lol oh pos_me- that does sound sreally bad!!! I am not really a fan of manicures so much but I love pedicures...Im actually really really ticklish on my feet so I end up kicking the person when they try to scrape all the crud off, but when they do the little leg massage ....soooo goood! Stick to pedis way better! Plus my feet are so gross because I wear flip flops almost year round!
  • cris20056
    OH YEA....

Bobby wants Salmon for dinner...does anyone have a dummy version on how to make it really well? I have made it tonz of times but I am never happy with how it comes out! I want to make a really good dinner for him so any tips are appreciated! thanks gals!
  • raiderape
    OH YEA....

Bobby wants Salmon for dinner...does anyone have a dummy version on how to make it really well? I have made it tonz of times but I am never happy with how it comes out! I want to make a really good dinner for him so any tips are appreciated! thanks gals!

I sent you a message with a great recipe. It sounds harder than it seems. My husband raves about though. That is one of 3 dishes that he lets me cook.
This discussion has been closed.