What is/was your major in college?

Options
LucyMcd1
LucyMcd1 Posts: 84 Member
Hi! :) I'm just wondering. I hope to major in speech-language pathology (In middle school and high school people said I was quiet but that I had amazing communication skills and I love to help people out haha). So what was or is your major, and if you feel like telling me - why?

Replies

• BenchPressingCats
    BenchPressingCats Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    Political science and social science education.

I ♥ politics and I know the education degree would be better for me getting an actual job. Like one of those things that you get paid to do. Yeah, I like those.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    beer
  • BenchPressingCats
    Options
    beer

I like that too! :drinker:
  • NotRailMeat
    NotRailMeat Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Mechanical Engineering - Because I was a math and science geek in high school.
  • pattya925
    pattya925 Posts: 398
    Options
    1st time through - Early Childhood Education and Elementary Education... worked with special needs infants/toddlers and their families for 6 years before my program was defunded.

2nd time through - Nursing. I'm an RN in a hospital.
  • lightdiva1
    lightdiva1 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    AA in psychology and BS in Human Resource management.

I chose the AA in psych cause that field is interesting to me and I wanted my first two years of school to be easy as I am an adult with a life. The BS in Human Resource management was just cause the name was long... Okay seriously because the field is ever growing and very stable in my area.

I have my dream job now, choreographer. But sadly it does not pay the bills well and I am old and this whole dancing all nigh thing takes it toll on my body. Time to grow up and get a real job.
  • LucyMcd1
    Options
    And parties? xD

All of the ones you guys said are cool! :)
  • BenchPressingCats
    Options
    Oh, and once I'm done with these degrees, I might get an Associate's in American Sign Language translating. Because I don't owe enough of my soul to banks...
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Fine Arts ( Painting/Drawing).
    and Graphic Design.

I used to color and draw on all possible surface areas i could find, when i was little. Thankfully i got trained to use more appropriate ways to use my creativity. My poor parents had so many complaints.
  • lightdiva1
    lightdiva1 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Oh, and once I'm done with these degrees, I might get an Associate's in American Sign Language translating. Because I don't owe enough of my soul to banks...

...I feel ya. I may never actually see my pay checks again...
  • Trueray
    Trueray Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRD8Ozw4EaEH2oZINoWBMnLFdr37rL0zxsZaY-ucm0eyj943XRzWA
  • BenchPressingCats
    Options

...I feel ya. I may never actually see my pay checks again...

I know! :sad:

This year all of my tuition is being paid for with grants, so I don't have to be farther in debt.
  • Southern_Belle_LA
    Southern_Belle_LA Posts: 931 Member
    Options
    First degree: Double Management and Marketing- Everyone always told me I was a leader and needed to be my own boss and was fascinated with sales. I left this field because where I was working, my success was dependent on other people and that sucks, I wanted to create my own success.

Second degree: Accounting. Turns out I like the logical and process side of accounting. I'm working at a CPA firm and am actively working on my CPA certification now.
  • Kassidi21
    Kassidi21 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I'm a Elementary Ed. Major =)
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Psychology and Poli sci - I loved Psych in high school and thought I wanted to pursue a doctorate...changed my mind halfway through, loved poli sci, so added that and went to law school instead.
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    My major was studio art with an emphasis in graphic design, and my minors were creative writing and art history

Trying to figure out what I want to do for grad school--as silly as it sounds I had more passion for the creative writing minor than anything else I did during my undergrad so that's what I may be going with.
  • kelp99
    kelp99 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    B.A. in Anthropology, because I've always been interested in people and how they've evolved.
  • LucyMcd1
    Options
    I loved creative writing in high school, that will me a minor for me too. Good luck everyone with that and the banks haha (I know how you feel)
  • ucabucca
    ucabucca Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Theraputic Recreation! Its the best to share the outdoors with others what else has avalance survival as a required class as well as other sports of our choice
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    partying, I have no idea how I graduated