What is/was your major in college?

Options

Replies

• Boogage
    Boogage Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Photography and media arts - just cos I'm an arty type and hoping I'll be able to make a career out of it some day
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    Biochemistry and Genetics and then Environmental Engineering because I didnt want to be a physician anymore
  • jennwren77
    jennwren77 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Math......because I hated it and I never learned to multiply. I had to prove to myself that I could do it. I am now a general accountant (A/P, A/R, payroll) at a country club.

Good job on getting over your hatred for math :laugh:

I double majored in Accounting and Finance (A.A.S. degrees) and then I went back to school and received B.S. degrees in Accounting and Business

I also did a stint at a country club as an Assistant Controller where I gained experience in all areas
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Aviation Maintenance, cause nothing more satisfying than busting your @ss for a living!
  • dixielawgirl
    dixielawgirl Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    B.A. in History and Criminal Justice
    J.D. (law degree)
  • Boogage
    Boogage Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    The fees are ridiculous. I'm now £23000 in debt. I didn't even feel my uni education was that great and it seemed we were left to do our own thing most of the time with little input with tutors
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Did two years of E-coommerce and multimedia.

Now 1/2 way through a BSc in Mathematics and statistics. Hopefully do my teacher training and become a maths teacher.
  • amybrownpatterson
    amybrownpatterson Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    BA in English lit from the University of Michigan, which didn't provide many job opportunities, so I went on for my JD from Cooley Law School.
  • msrootitooti
    msrootitooti Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Undergrad.. Food, Nutrition, and Exercise
    Graduate... Health Care Management..
  • paigemulroe
    paigemulroe Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be a freshman in college next year and I am planning on majoring in elementary education!!!
  • _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    AA, BS, and M.Ed in Early Childhood Ed.
  • amandajones1978
    Options
    Mathematics

Originally wanted to be a high school teacher, then changed my mind. Now I am a Logistician for the US Army.
  • drefaw
    drefaw Posts: 739
    Options
    A double degree program they like to call Mechatronics now.......

I studied Pneumatics, hydraulics, robotics, automation, PLC's, metallurgy, every type of welding there is, machining, blue prints, mech. drafting, fluid dynamics, all facets of fabrication, high voltage and low voltage electricity, (both AC and DC), 3 phase and single phase power, schematics, circuit design and layout, control circuit design and layout, and troubleshooting for all the above. ......

I have about 20+ yrs experience at this now ...and still take classes constantly .....you have to, to keep up with tech.
  • Evilmuffin666
    Evilmuffin666 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I havent made it to college yet. Joined the army in my last year of high School because I didnt know what I wanted to do. I just retired from Army after 30 years, and still dont know. But now I am getting paid to sit at home and think about what I want to do.
  • griff7809
    griff7809 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    AA x 3 Aviation Operations, Aviation Maintenance Technology, Master Instructor. BA, Organizational Management.
  • nashai01
    nashai01 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Bachelor's- Journalism
    Masters- MBA
  • mrs_mab
    mrs_mab Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    BS in business management w/ a double minor in marketing & leadership
  • carbons2k
    carbons2k Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Associates degree in music education
    Associates in civil engineering and working on my BA
    9 years working for an engineering firm as a CAD designer
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    In this order...

Computer Science
    Computer Information Systems
    History
    Business Education
    Accounting
  • melmckay99
    melmckay99 Posts: 358
    Options
    B.Sc. and M.Sc. in applied mathematics. My research for my Master's degree was in fluid mechanics and the Navier-Stokes equations (iterative methods).