What is/was your major in college?

Options

Replies

• nanook37
    nanook37 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Nuclear Engineering undergrad plus a Masters in Materials Science Engineering....
  • SassyClassyandALittleBadAssy
    Options
    I couldnt decide while in college so switched a few times until i ended up with a BA in Sociology.

Now I work in finance at the business school of my Alma Mater... :huh:
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Bachelor's of Arts in Speech-Communications. I learned how to "talk" in public and write succinctly. Big Whoop.

I went back to school in 2006 at the age of 39 to become a middle school teacher. I only had 18 credits transfer, so it was back to school full time. I took enough classes to basically get almost another entire Bachelor's degree.

Now I'm taking grad level courses in education related courses to continue my licensure. Not going for my master's degree anytime soon.

I love my new path, it just took me longer to find it!
  • TheBeerRunner
    TheBeerRunner Posts: 2,777 Member
    Options
    BA in Web and Digital Media Development

Currently back in school taking courses to fulfill med school entrance requirements.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Started out Meteorology, then ended up Geography (B.Sc) with minors in Math and Meteorology.
  • lleesmann
    lleesmann Posts: 41
    Options
    BS in Print Journalism with a dance minor. Now pursuing my MBA with an emphasis in Project Management. Work in Communications/PR, so it has worked out pretty well so far.
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    doubled with a B.S in biology and a B.S. in chemistry
  • fannyfrost
    fannyfrost Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Psychology and now I do training for computer systems and processes.
  • naterciarodrigues58
    naterciarodrigues58 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    So... here in the UK there are no major/minor things, but I'm working towards a masters in chemistry.

Because CHEMISTRY RULES \o/
  • kenzietate
    kenzietate Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Civil Engineering.

I fell in love with construction when I was 4 years old and loved math and science in school! I now work for an engineering company analyzing and designing storm sewer systems (yes Civil engineers do more than design roads) and I still love it! :)
  • vienna_h
    vienna_h Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    B.A. in Anthropology, because I've always been interested in people and how they've evolved.

Me too! BA Anthropology. Though my program ended up being mostly archaeology, so I did a minor in evolutionary biology. Love evolution!

Didn`t get a job though...

So now returning to school and will be starting my Master`s degree in Environment and Resource Studies. My second favourite thing.

I also have half a degree in fashion design, half a degree in public relations management, and half a certificate in graphic design. I`m sure it will all make sense some day...
  • StarChanger
    StarChanger Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    B.S. in Marine Biology, Chem minor

M.D. - Ob/Gyn

Yeah, they aren't related. At all. It was intentional. :)
  • Theohariti
    Theohariti Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Civil Engineering. Haven' t used it yet...
  • KateRunsColorado
    KateRunsColorado Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Bachelor of Science in Interior Design

I kind of want to go back for Graphic Design...but I don't want to spend the money...I wish School didn't cost so much!
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I double-majored in Classical Antiquity and Art History with a minor in Classical Languages.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    First degree was Exercise Science and Physiology.
    Second was in Computer Science and Programming.
    Third was in Education.
    Working on my Master in Educational Technology now.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Majoring in Dietetic Sciences. I'm going to be a registered dietician. I am absolutely appalled at the lack of education the vast majority of everyone I've ever met has on proper nutrition. That, coupled with the percentage of childhood and adult obesity on the rise (which will pretty much always guarantee that I have a job), I decided to join the ranks in fighting it.

Oh, and my mom is a speech pathologist! She had schools fighting over her in a salary bidding war, because SPs are in such high demand. She played them off each other and now makes a f***ton of money in a really cushy job. So great field choice! :wink:
  • bio01979
    bio01979 Posts: 313
    Options
    geography - mostly physical geography :)

because I took a geomorphology course and I loved it!
  • MrsPong
    MrsPong Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Started out as a Communication/Pre-Law major. Meet my (now) Husband whos is active Marine....and changed my major because I couldnt be in law and travel/move every 3 years.

So I tried nursing, I was good at it...but hated it. Luckly I found that out quick.
    I have a BA in Health Care Admin. It's okay...still in a growing field ; so I can move and find a job. I'm also almost finished with a Master's Cert in Human Resources, which I'm finding I like that part a little more of my job than the rest of it.
  • ActiveGuy81
    ActiveGuy81 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Business Management.

I oversee two departments in a university setting.