Replies

• Lobster1987
    Lobster1987 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Criminal Justice and minor in psychology
  • legreene515
    legreene515 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    International Development, Latin American Language and Area Studies and a minor in Spanish and Economics.

I'm totally using it too, in my job as a banker!
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Honors Marketing
  • cyoka13
    cyoka13 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I have my B.S in Environmental Science (Ecology Focus) because nature rocks and my B.A in Religious Studies because I find it fascinating what people believe.

I am 4 months away from my M.A in Zoology - I am oohhhhh so close ;)
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I majored in Biology with a concentration in Biomedical Technology and Pre-Med focusing on Immunology and Microbiology. I did a Master's thesis on Psychoneuroimmunology as an undergrad senior. I went on to grad school in the Ph.D. program for Micro and Immuno since I didn't make it into med school right after graduation. I also picked up a Master's in Criminal Justice focusing on Forensic Science while in the meantime studying kinesiology and nutrition while picking up certifications in dietetics, personal training, and group fitness instruction.

So...it makes PERFECT sense that I am a police officer, now doesn't it? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Honestly, I wanted to be a cardio-thoracic surgeon, but didn't get in to medical school, so I decided to see if I would like forensics (which I did...however, being stuck in a lab all day long didn't interest me at all) and while I was in college I started losing weight so I took elective classes in fitness and nutrition and then got certified as a trainer and to teach group ex classes for fun (like a side job, which I still do). Anyway, I wanted to work with people, not lab crap, so instead of going for medical school after graduate school which would be too much school for my tastes, I decided to use my criminal justice degree to get into law enforcement. Good thing I am working for a department that pays a nice incentive on my salary for having all that education. :laugh:
  • _Wild_Card_
    _Wild_Card_ Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    beer

double majored with this and health admin; minored in la mota.

along with p***y
  • CarlaRG
    CarlaRG Posts: 264
    Options
    I will receive my AA (with honors so far) in December and will be going for an English major with a writing minor. I want to be an author. I troll MFP thread for inspiration lol
  • CountingCaloriesSuxass
    CountingCaloriesSuxass Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    BS in Finance and MBA
  • Dogwalkingirl
    Dogwalkingirl Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    BA in Environmental Studies. I worked in reforestation for a few years (didn't need a degree for the position I held).

When I moved to the Scotland I found a job working for a charity.,,,worked my way up there. They found homes for dogs in need (l managed budgets, hosted meetings, organised events and fostered doggies!). I now run my own Dog Walking and Pet sitting Business. So........my degree was a waste!
  • Keleb_DaWhiz
    Options
    My first major was Psychology for a long time then a changed it to Paralegal Studies because of job prospects. :)
  • Shikonneko
    Shikonneko Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Computer Science and Geology & Geophysics, because overlapping majors are for wimps.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    Started college in 2002 as a nutrition major. Changed it to accounting because I was thinking $$$ and nothing else, then went on to get my MBA and Master's in Accounting, and become a CPA, and now I am more miserable than ever and going back to school to be a dietitian!! Came full circle on that one.

I love that you want to go for speech pathology! My younger brother had one when he was growing up and she did such a great job with him.
  • charlene1873
    charlene1873 Posts: 263
    Options
    BA Business & Politics and LLB & LLM Law
  • Grlnxtdr0721
    Grlnxtdr0721 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I was a theatre major with a broadcasting minor....
    Then I went back and took some business
    Now, I am getting ready to start my MBA program for business this fall...
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Accounting, so I dealt with less people.

Just make sure you can get a job in your field of study.
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    BA in Creative Writing. On the opposite end of the spectrum, I'd spend my first two years as a chemistry major.
  • chelley_79
    chelley_79 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    BS in Geology with minor in Geography

(and beer went with all that... LOL)

:tongue:
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Health Information Technology.
  • ks4e
    ks4e Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Majored in English with a Minor in Asian studies.

Yep, high demand field.....totally worth the 200k I invested in it. Woohoo, private liberal arts colleges!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Didn't go to college. Couldn't afford it. I think that in a large percentage of young people nowadays think it is some kind of rite of passage. Unless you are in some kind of specialized field, I'm not sure it would be necessary if so much emphasis wasn't put on it these days.

When I look at the peripheral costs (books and such) and see the outrageous prices charged to these kids, it makes me sick. Charging a student $200+ for a book is unconscionable. It's a scam.