What is/was your major in college?

Options

Replies

• southerndream24
    southerndream24 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    My major was Economics because I'm a numbers nerd and I loved that I kicked *kitten* at something a lot of people found hard. Plus, I wanted to work in finance so fell in line with my goals.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    Double Major in Mechanical Engineering and Materials Engineering, 1 year left. Hollaaaaaaa!
  • Phoenix24601
    Phoenix24601 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    History...although I am ten short of a second bachelors in vocal performance.
  • SaltWaterTaffy78
    SaltWaterTaffy78 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Neurobiology and molecular genetics
  • ChristinaR720
    ChristinaR720 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    B.A. in Criminal Justice and Sociology. Because I thought I was a bad@ss and wanted to become an FBI agent. Somehow ended up in the child welfare world. Just a rebel with a cause now!
  • anro86
    anro86 Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    I revived my associates degree in paralegal studies, the classes were so interesting! Then I received my BA with an English major. I love to read/write...keep me away from anything more advanced than middle school math :-)
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Nursing. Been a nurse for 33 years would do it all over again.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I was a Nutrition Science major with a biochemistry emphasis. Sociology minor :)
  • soysauce6626
    soysauce6626 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Accounting student checking in.
  • megabyt23
    megabyt23 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Doubled in Retail Management and Finance.

Finishing up this year and getting ready for grad school.
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Currently (had to take time off in order to be a stay at home momma. Going back to college next month) Bachelor in Science in Journalism, minor in Dance.

Journalism because I'm a sports correspondent (have been for 2 years) for my local newspaper and need degree to possibly advance. Also love writing.

Dance because I did it when I was younger and recently (as in Feb) went back and started dancing again. Am hoping to maybe be a Dance Therapist or Choreographer or write about dance.

ETA: had to correct grammatical errors again :grumble:
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    I was a double major in Science, Technology and Culture (basically, an english degree for an engineering school) and Civil Engineering. Civil because I like statics and I love being able to point to things I designed and say "I did that". STaC because I'm a literature nerd at heart and it helped keep me sane when the engineering classes got rough.
  • cathyfowler662
    cathyfowler662 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Math......because I hated it and I never learned to multiply. I had to prove to myself that I could do it. I am now a general accountant (A/P, A/R, payroll) at a country club.
  • WestCoastWild
    WestCoastWild Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Undergrad was a double major in Aquatic Sciences and Journalism, with a minor in French at University of Michigan. Probably because I am indecisive, and I love writing, traveling, and anything to do with fish. I then worked in Hawaii counting shrimp in the backcountry for a while, worked on Vancouver Island at a small aquarium, did the Peace Corps for two years, and now am back in Canada (where education is funded, whaaaat?) working on a Masters of Science in Earth and Ocean Sciences! Id love to go on to do a PhD one day if somebody wants to pay me for it, haha :)
  • Ejourneys
    Ejourneys Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    BA in psychology, MS in applied psychology. Was on track to get a PhD but then Life happened.
    I don't use my degrees directly (my work is in communications), but the foundations of what I've learned have helped me over the years.
  • karlschaeffer
    karlschaeffer Posts: 1,493 Member
    Options
    Mech Eng then MBA
  • cupcakegirl81
    cupcakegirl81 Posts: 2,030 Member
    Options
    B.A. in History and Religious Studies and then M.A. in Ancient History. My thesis was on eastern cults popular in the Roman Military. I loved it, but in my city...it didn't lead me anywhere. So, I'm studying romance writing via an online program. Quite the shift?! haha!
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    AS in Mortuary Science. I'm a full-time mortician now, and I'm glad that I went through with the program. :flowerforyou:
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Got my BS in Biology.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Hi! :) I'm just wondering. I hope to major in speech-language pathology (In middle school and high school people said I was quiet but that I had amazing communication skills and I love to help people out haha). So what was or is your major, and if you feel like telling me - why?

AA - Music Education
    BA - Music Education-Instrumental
    M.MEd - Music Education with Additional studies and Master certification in Education of the Mentally Retarded.

Had a love for music. For a period of times jobs were hard to come by in this state for band directors, so I added the Special Ed certification -- I am now back teaching instrumental Music.