• Just_say_jess
    Just_say_jess Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You all suck. :(

^^^^this!
  • mestacy010
    mestacy010 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    So I've noticing this is a pretty open group, so I thought I'd ask for some feedback. I know married couples joke about not having sex, but seriously, what's normal? Weekly? Monthly? YEARLY?

My ex husband would only sleep with me every few months, when for me, I wanted it twice a day or at least daily....turns out he was having an affair....
  • MrsSenecal
    MrsSenecal Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Daily, and we have been together years. And yes I have two kids, a full time job, work out, etc.
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Ugh...just celebrated my 20th anniversary (okay, so there was no celebration and all and barely any acknowledgement) and for the past few years he has had NO sex drive while mine has gone through the roof. I take that back - he has a sex drive, he's just not interested in *me*. We've had dry spells of 3+ years at one point. Correctly working on one of 6+ months. I've moved on...

That's so sad! You are such an attractive, youthful looking young woman in the prime of her life. Your husband is a ****head for not paying you attention. Not knowing your whole story, I shall just say don't wait forever....life is too short :flowerforyou:

(edited to add: I did not say *kitten* ...head... on this, I said d i c k)
  • Perplexities
    Perplexities Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    5x a day.

This.
  • Zombriana
    Zombriana Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I keep track on this app I have. 9-10 times a month. :|
  • operation_cute
    operation_cute Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    As long as you're both happy and satisfied, that's "normal". For a lot of couples, it varies. For me and my husband it can range from every single day, sometimes several times a day, on down to once every other week.

^^This :)
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I thought getting married meant I didn't have to anymore??!!

J/K 2-3 times a week, generally. Sometimes more, sometimes less.
  • divacowgirl
    Options
    After 24 years of marriage, we average 3-4 times a week. During calving season when our work day is from 6:00am until 12:00am, those numbers go down.
  • JustCallMe_Tanya_Eh
    JustCallMe_Tanya_Eh Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Adleast once a day and 2 times on Sunday
  • rob32768
    rob32768 Posts: 505
    Options
    Adleast once a day and 2 times on Sunday
    So much for Sunday being the day of rest ...
  • mestacy010
    Options
    5x a day.

This.

If only men could keep up with "this"
  • Kindone
    Kindone Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Just.. constantly.
  • britttttx3
    britttttx3 Posts: 458
    Options
    5x a day.

This.

Some can keep up with "this".
  • mestacy010
    Options
    5x a day.

This.

Some can keep up with "this".

Lol!
  • AndiGirl70
    AndiGirl70 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I can relate to an earlier post on this thread. After celebrating 20yrs of marriage and 4 children later (aged 5-15) I can say my husband and I are so far off the bell curves its crazy! I'm 43 and he's 54 and honest to goodness we have uninhibited sex at least 5 days a week. We are experiencing what I'm calling our "sexual renaissance". We've gone through all the phases in a married sex life including a 3yr dry spell. I can honestly say we are having the best sex ever, bar none. The key? Lose the inhibitions, communicate your needs/wants/fantasies openly and honestly and don't be afraid to try new things in and out of the bedroom to keep it interesting. I can also tell you a happy, active sex life extends its feel good mood to all areas of your life.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I was married for over 9 years, with my ex 10 years, and our typical sex frequency after the first 2 months of dating was once a month in the spring & summer, once every 2 months the rest of the year. Not even kidding.

I would not be ok with that. Everyone's sex drive is different, yes. But for me, 2X a week would be ABSOLUTE MINIMUM acceptable now, unless there were serious health issues involved.

I've now been with my fiance for a little over 1 year and we don't live together yet but when we're together (Fri, Sat & Sun of every week) it is at minimum 2X per day. ALWAYS! Often it's 3-4X per day, 2-3 of the days per week that we are together.

Even when we are together for 10 days in a row we have never missed a single day, except for when he had to abstain for a week due to having a vasectomy so I would no longer need to use birth control! :-)
  • Faery_Dust
    Faery_Dust Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    We go through patches where it might only be once a month and other times it would be 4 - 5 x a week. I've been going through some treatment at the hospital where I had to come off birth control pills and was told we shouldn't even risk sex with a condom until I was through the treatment. Which of course just makes you want it all the more lol. But I guess you don't have to go all the way to still have fun :) Actually which is something that has been a part of our lives normally, even when it has only been once a month, there have probably been a few days where we would fool around.

And honestly for me, as long as we are both loving towards each other the rest of the time, kiss and cuddle whenever we get the chance, hold hands when out and about, and curl up in each others arms when watching a film on the sofa..... then even during the once a month times it's still good :)
  • battyg13
    battyg13 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    As often as possible worked for me in the past.

my often as possible was more than her often as possible though. :-(