What's a "normal" love life?

Options

Replies

• mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    As long as you're both happy and satisfied, that's "normal". For a lot of couples, it varies. For me and my husband it can range from every single day, sometimes several times a day, on down to once every other week.

This. Normal is whatever you're happy with.
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    So I've noticing this is a pretty open group, so I thought I'd ask for some feedback. I know married couples joke about not having sex, but seriously, what's normal? Weekly? Monthly? YEARLY?

Ha, sounds like not enough for you?

Get him to start working out, should help at least a bit.
  • bobf279
    bobf279 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I can't remember
  • FJMilner
    FJMilner Posts: 407
    Options
    You all suck. :(

As part of the sex?? :wink:
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    So I've noticing this is a pretty open group, so I thought I'd ask for some feedback. I know married couples joke about not having sex, but seriously, what's normal? Weekly? Monthly? YEARLY?

kinda depends on circumstances, kids etc, but the norm for the husband and I is sex once a week and a hand job!!
  • cherryd69
    cherryd69 Posts: 340
    Options
    I didnt know we had to have a certain amount to be classified as 'normal'

I have a low sex drive, husbands is high..... we have it when i feel like it :ohwell:

As far as im aware we are both happy, i say this because i know he would tell me if he wasnt.

Knowing his high drive i have brought it up on occasion due to my own guilt (i say guilt cause i cant think of the word i want to use haha) OH has told me many times, its not the quantity its the quality. This dosnt always ease my thoughts and i have wondered many times if he will go elsewhere for a refill, but instead of worrying about it i tell him, he always reassures me.
  • Y2KBABE
    Y2KBABE Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Depending on where you both are in life and "in life" your shagging patterns may (but not necessarily go like this)

Making babies --
    Like you were trying to save the world

Kids very young --
    ehhh never. FFS, there is sleep to be caught up on!!

Kids watching Thomas --
    Once a week very quietly and 5 days of giggling between yourselves afterwards

Kids staying with grandparents --
    Once a day at least

One of your parents pass away --
    Sod all for a few weeks and then a few subsequent weeks of shagging like the survival of the human race depends on it

You / he / both of you get a promotion --
    2 nights of the wild WILD thing then a week of nothing as you stay up late figuring out what to do with the money

Buy a house --
    shag

Sell a house --
    fret (so no shagging)

Of course everyone is different so your responses may be completely the opposite. My point is 'there is no normal'. There are just people.

So in your world there are no married couples without children ?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Yeah.....we have issues. :ohwell: I've tried to talk to him about it, telling him with my self esteem issues I don't feel wanted or attractive & he gets defensive & it goes nowhere.

He don't wanna hear dat! He wants you to pull his pants down and get busy :bigsmile:

Pretend you have self esteem. Then maybe you will acquire it.

I have such a fear of rejection. I just can't. I know I shouldn't feel that way but he chooses to avoid me so it's hard to suck it up & go for it.

Jump his bones girlfriend...I'm sure he would love it if you did!

this!

he probably has a fear of rejection too - thats why he avoids you, which then makes the situation worse...

crack open a bottle of wine, and lock him in the bedroom!
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    After 13 years, 2 small kids, depends on how tired we are. So we can do nothing for a month other than sleep, or have sex about 3-4 times a week. daily in the first year lol

This Honestly makes me sad i wont lie
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    I'm the oddball. Married 18 years. We get it done 3-5 times a week. At least one is of the epic throwdown variety. My wife is a trooper. :bigsmile: :wink:

My drive quite high, much more so than hers though she's likely still higher than average. I get suicidal after 48 hours without.

Edit: oh, and four kids, including a couple of teens.

This gives me hope
    Salute bro.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Normal love life = using a feather to arouse your partner.
    Abnormal love life = using the whole ostrich.
  • BigDougie1211
    BigDougie1211 Posts: 3,530 Member
    Options
    As sincere as some of the posters on this thread no doubt are - there are some serious bull****ers posting too.
  • ScarletShopaholic
    ScarletShopaholic Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Normal should make you both happy, and if one persons sex drive is higher than the others - compromise I guess (not a sexy word I know) but never for somebody with a high sex drive and daily (or more) for somebody with a low sex drive isn't going to work in my opinion. My partner doesn't initiate very often, he has problems with intimacy and trust within a long term relationship (I read a lot!). So every so often I just go for it lol, maybe not as often as I would like, but enough to keep me happy, and hopefully him too :smile:
  • wifeymou1112
    wifeymou1112 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I haven't gotten any in months.

But my husband is in another state. I can't imagine willingly going that long willingly/for any reason aside from distance/general inability to have sex. Like I have a date book and I am literally counting down the days til he's home. I've made sure my schedule was cleared for a week after, I've got all the take out menus lined up by the phone, and the frig will be stocked. I've got an outfit picked out, got my hair done, got a wax appointment set up, and I'm looking for a nice new pair of heels.

No one is leaving the apartment for-

...wait. What was the question?

Hehehehe :o)
  • bernied262
    bernied262 Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    we have been married for 18 yrs, in the early years, we were at it like rabbits. Now, we dont really have a 'schedule', sometimes it can be 5 times a week, other times 5 times a month. Neither of us are worried about that though, we just grab an opportunity when we can :)
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I can relate to an earlier post on this thread. After celebrating 20yrs of marriage and 4 children later (aged 5-15) I can say my husband and I are so far off the bell curves its crazy! I'm 43 and he's 54 and honest to goodness we have uninhibited sex at least 5 days a week. We are experiencing what I'm calling our "sexual renaissance". We've gone through all the phases in a married sex life including a 3yr dry spell. I can honestly say we are having the best sex ever, bar none. The key? Lose the inhibitions, communicate your needs/wants/fantasies openly and honestly and don't be afraid to try new things in and out of the bedroom to keep it interesting. I can also tell you a happy, active sex life extends its feel good mood to all areas of your life.

This is us, except we are empty nesters, so no kids to have to work around. 23 years together and everything else in this post is dead on for my husband and me.
  • ruth3698
    ruth3698 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Just once a week to once every two weeks:( I have 2 year that refuses to sleep by herself(our rookie parent fault) and will cry her head off if I'm not the one putting her to sleep.Once in a while we will get lucky and she will fall asleep on the couch lol.
    ..then we have to be super quiet so not to wake her.I so very much miss those uninihibited days of old.
  • greenmonstergirl
    greenmonstergirl Posts: 619 Member
    Options

My ex husband would only sleep with me every few months, when for me, I wanted it twice a day or at least daily....turns out he was having an affair....

Have to say...if one person is not getting it as often as they want, this is usually what happens. Life is short, live for yourself!
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Hell normal for us is daily. Not normal would be every second day. Normal is whatever it is to each couple
  • CarlaRG
    CarlaRG Posts: 264
    Options
    sex? what's that????