Ask a Big Aussie Bloke...

Options

Replies

• bigaussiebloke
    bigaussiebloke Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Whos gunna win the Cane Toads or the Blues?

I am leaning towards......

Number 8 for the Cane Toads:drinker:
  • bigaussiebloke
    Options
    Interesting.

Is that a quote or a question? :drinker:
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Have you ever played "tip the kangaroo"?

Nope but I have played "watch the kangaroo bounce off the bull bar" totally by accident though:drinker:

I haven't either but I did take a pic of two roo's having a shag. I was a teenager, what do you expect.. thought it funny at the time!

Anyway on the front of the newspaper in my town this morning was something I thought should be mentioned in this Aussie thread!

A 17kg python (that's 37.5lbs) broke into a second- hand clothing store up the coast from my town overnight! It decided the shop was as good place as any to go toilet after wrecking the shop. Nice suprise to find at work don't you think?!
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    Did you folks invent ALL of the swimming strokes?
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    Enough of the thread highjack.

Hey, Big Aussie Bloke

where do you buy your meat?

Local butcher around the corner or sometimes head out to a place called Dayboro about a half hour away...have the best flavoured snags I have ever tasted:drinker:

Snags?
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options

Hey, Big Aussie Bloke

Local butcher around the corner or sometimes head out to a place called Dayboro about a half hour away...have the best flavoured snags I have ever tasted:drinker:

Snags?

I don't know about the swimming question but snags are sausages.. as in "put another snag on the barbie! (BBQ)
  • Leahsz
    Leahsz Posts: 81
    Options
    [/quote]

Snags?
    [/quote]

Snags = sausages. We Aussies are notorious for shortening words and using nicknames. Some think we're lazy, I'd like to think it saves valuable time that could otherwise be spent fighting off aforementioned deadly creatures.
  • Leahsz
    Options
    Re swimming strokes, we invented freestyle, aka the australian crawl. It's the fastest stroke, natch, to out swim those great whites.
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    Are the school vacations during Christmas for you guys? Since you have a reverse of American and European seasons, are your summer months during December, January, and February? Or do you flip it? If you don't, what are the pictures on your calenders like for the different months?
  • Leahsz
    Options
    Are the school vacations during Christmas for you guys? Since you have a reverse of American and European seasons, are your summer months during December, January, and February? Or do you flip it? If you don't, what are the pictures on your calenders like for the different months?

Yes summer is Dec Jan Feb, and our longest school break is at this time. So yes, Christmas in summer.
  • thebrock7
    thebrock7 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Why are Australian men such wankers?

Sad face
  • bigaussiebloke
    Options
    Did you folks invent ALL of the swimming strokes?

We invented the Aussie Crawl...which originated from flailing the arms around and kicking as hard as you can to try and get away from the Croc that is chasing you in the water....:drinker:
  • bigaussiebloke
    Options

Hey, Big Aussie Bloke

Snags?

You know...Bangers, Surprise in a Bag, Sausages....:drinker:
  • bigaussiebloke
    Options

Yep a lot of families have a full traditional hot Christmas dinner and it is 30 odd degrees celcius outside. Although at our house we have a lot of prawns, seafood and sit around eating Watermelon.

Kids get the Summer off from around Mid December through to the end of January.

I don't know about anyone else's Calender but the one that hangs on the back of the Dunny door has pictures of Kangaroo's, Emu's, Ayres Rock, The Great Barrier Reef and Cockatoos..... Unless you are a Tradie or a Mechanic where you are more likely to have a Picture of a topless woman holding some sort of power tool and the months are in a tear away form at the bottom!:drinker:
  • bigaussiebloke
    Options

Sad face

Awwww no sad face....most of us are Wankers....Embrace the Wanker, Be the Wanker....:drinker:
  • Crossfit112
    Crossfit112 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    How did Rodney William Ansell ( crocodile dundee ) really die lol ? some say police shoot out
  • bigaussiebloke
    Options
    How did Rodney William Ansell ( crocodile dundee ) really die lol ? some say police shoot out

Crikey!! totally stumped me on that one! All I know is that when I see the word Ansell I am pretty much thinking I am hunting something other than Crocodiles :drinker:
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options

Yep a lot of families have a full traditional hot Christmas dinner and it is 30 odd degrees celcius outside. Although at our house we have a lot of prawns, seafood and sit around eating Watermelon.

That is what my Aussie friends do as well, prawns on the barbie.

I don't know about anyone else's Calender but the one that hangs on the back of the Dunny door has pictures of Kangaroo's, Emu's, Ayres Rock, The Great Barrier Reef and Cockatoos..... Unless you are a Tradie or a Mechanic where you are more likely to have a Picture of a topless woman holding some sort of power tool and the months are in a tear away form at the bottom!:drinker:

That's funny, I have a Tradie calendar ;)
  • melb_alex
    melb_alex Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options

Sad face

All misconceptions like we only eat vegemite, we ALL sound like the twits that represent Australian culture, are not civilised, never have winters, stuck/pretentions (although that can be debateable), have Koala's as pet and eat copious amounts of lamingtons and shrimp (incidentally i have had this about 3 times in my life; gross!)
    Melbourne and Sydney especially are very cultured places to visit and I as I have informed/educated some of you, very rarely would you find an Aussie without some form of influence, racially speaking.

I don't usually date Aussie men, I am too intrigued with ethniticity!
    BUT Aussie women are generally more beautiful ;)
  • Kaylee_law_123
    Kaylee_law_123 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I'm an Aussie, born and bred.

1. I HATE shrimp/prawns and they will never touch my BBQ!!!!
    2. I LOVE vegemite
    3. I once got grabbed by a big kangaroo, she tried to put me in her pouch as my dad ran frantically after it, it eventually let me go.
    4. You get wankers in any country, not just Australia.
    5. I love that other countries think it's weird when I say thongs, parking lot, g'day and anything else that is apparently an Aussie creation!