Ask a Big Aussie Bloke...

Options

Replies

• bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    My friend (not an Aussie) has been trying to convince me that I'll get killed by giant dangerous ants when I visit next month. Is this true? :ohwell:
  • Kaylee_law_123
    Kaylee_law_123 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    My friend (not an Aussie) has been trying to convince me that I'll get killed by giant dangerous ants when I visit next month. Is this true? :ohwell:

Bullants???

I've been bitten a few times, and I'm still here ...
  • bregalad5
    Options

Bullants???

I dunno, he said they can kill someone in less than 10 minutes. Some National Geographic documentary on dangerous critters or something. I'm asking more for the giggles than anything else :)
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options

Bullants???

I dunno, he said they can kill someone in less than 10 minutes. Some National Geographic documentary on dangerous critters or something. I'm asking more for the giggles than anything else :)

Not heard of anyone dying from ants although there are fire ants some places, maybe they can kill you.

You really have to watch out for drop bears though so don't sit under any native trees ;)
  • melb_alex
    melb_alex Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options

Bullants???

Not heard of anyone dying from ants although there are fire ants some places, maybe they can kill you.

You really have to watch out for drop bears though so don't sit under any native trees ;)

hahahahahha drop bears hahahahah love it!
  • melb_alex
    Options

hahahah what the!! lol I have never heard of these hahaha!
  • skcardiog
    skcardiog Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Is it true that " Four wheels scare the cockatoos" ?
  • scrapping_jess
    scrapping_jess Posts: 48 Member
    Options

I don't know about anyone else's Calender but the one that hangs on the back of the Dunny door has pictures of Kangaroo's, Emu's, Ayres Rock, The Great Barrier Reef and Cockatoos..... Unless you are a Tradie or a Mechanic where you are more likely to have a Picture of a topless woman holding some sort of power tool and the months are in a tear away form at the bottom!:drinker:

Please explain "Dunny door" and Tradie!
  • shadowkat57
    shadowkat57 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm an Aussie - haven't been bitten by a snake, but have been bitten by spiders and a pelican (*kitten*!).
    My parents live in a semi-rural are and have kangaroos grazing on the lawn...
    I ride horses and have chased cows.
  • shadowkat57
    shadowkat57 Posts: 151 Member
    Options

Toilet door, and tradesman (eg plumber, electrician etc)
  • bregalad5
    Options

hahahah what the!! lol I have never heard of these hahaha!

I'll have to tell him next time I see him! Grumble. I was hoping to be able to scare him with some crazy a** stories :cry:
  • melb_alex
    Options

Every lady loves a tradie :p
  • Kaylee_law_123
    Options

Every lady loves a tradie :p

Too true!!!
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    Do you fellows have ANY idea how sexy your accents are?
  • Kaylee_law_123
    Options

We don't think we have accents ... everyone else does!!
  • bregalad5
    Options

I know, right?! *swoon* :love: :love: :love: :blushing: :smooched:
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 12,995 Member
    Options
    Anything you like!
    I heard Kevin Rudd ousted Julia Gillard. Strangest example of recycling I've ever heard of... reusing Prime Ministers!! Here in Canada, when we're done with a PM, we toss them out!

What do you figure this means for the upcoming election? Can Australia afford another Labour government?
  • Kaylee_law_123
    Options
    Anything you like!
    I heard Kevin Rudd ousted Julia Gillard. Strangest example of recycling I've ever heard of... reusing Prime Ministers!! Here in Canada, when we're done with a PM, we toss them out!

What do you figure this means for the upcoming election? Can Australia afford another Labour government?

Just when I thought I had escaped the soap opera that is Australian politics, it hits MFP!!!!

Everyone who says Australia can't afford another Labour government, then gets slapped with an argument over the source of the money and whether it was the Liberal government who actually got it to surplus or another former labour government ... it's basically a round about argument.

I think I'll vote Greens, or the National Sex Party ... or just throw a donkey vote.

Please no backlash people - I don't have much of an opinion over our politics, I know it effects us all, I'm just a bit over it all!
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 12,995 Member
    Options
    Just when I thought I had escaped the soap opera that is Australian politics, it hits MFP!!!!

Everyone who says Australia can't afford another Labour government, then gets slapped with an argument over the source of the money and whether it was the Liberal government who actually got it to surplus or another former labour government ... it's basically a round about argument.

I think I'll vote Greens, or the National Sex Party ... or just throw a donkey vote.

Please no backlash people - I don't have much of an opinion over our politics, I know it effects us all, I'm just a bit over it all!
    I doubt there will be much backlash. Most folks won't know the players, let alone their politics. I just read too much politics.

If Green would follow their original tenets (sustainability, respect the planet instead of exploiting it) instead of delving into social issues, I might vote for them too... mainly because there is no credible Libertarian parties (Libertarian as opposed to Liberal, if you know the difference)...
  • melb_alex
    Options

We don't think we have accents ... everyone else does!!

agreed! I think we sound like twits!
    I am from the city though so my accent is slightly more sophisticated :p haha even though I am a Queenslander (always lived in the city)