Replies

• janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Lol. Thanks Pip
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    :'(Miriam, you were a great short time mom...I join with all those who are sad that the tiny kitten didn't survive.

:)Janetr, you look fabulous.

194904olsgis3xqe.gif the line dance workshop was fabulous....we learned new dances and got to dance a lot of familiar dances before, in between, and after the workshop sessions. We were the first to arrive at 8 AM, the first on the dance floor, and practically the last to leave at 9:30 PM.

253149qtzkf0ld22.gifBarbie from beautiful sunny and hot NW Washington t113030.gif
  • tryingtolive1
    tryingtolive1 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Big storm came through a bit ago trees down all over including on a friend of mines house. Car got flipped over by the wind. No major damage at my house but was a little scary for a bit.

Janetr love the picture you look great.

Anne from Wisconsin
  • MightyLolo
    MightyLolo Posts: 504 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Miriam, soo sad about the wee kitten, and also glad he had you pulling for him until the end. :cry:
    Janetr, looking great! Cute top!

A big hello to everyone else! I'm studying for a very exciting job interview on Tuesday; they're talking to me even though I have no direct experience in their specific technology, so the plan is to impress them with how much I have learned of it, since the phone screen. :wink:
    I took the time to swim and lift this weekend, though; smarts are no use if I'm not healthy.
    Sending love, encouragement, and admiration out to all of you! :heart: :flowerforyou:

Larisa in Seattle
  • janetr7476
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Barbie, Anne, Larisa - thank you ladies <3

Barbie, it sounds like so much fun. How many people were there? Is is just ladies?

Larisa, best of luck on Tuesday. Let us know how it goes.

Janetr okc
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Love your outfit JanetR! You are stunning friend!!!
    Becca
    Oregon
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,712 Member
    Options
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Becca, aw, thanks lil sis. :)
  • MightyLolo
    Options
    janetr7476 wrote: »
    w7vs8k6rux4m.jpg

If you lift heavy enough, they kinda do :tongue:
  • NO_Excuses_515
    NO_Excuses_515 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Well I was out of town and haven't been here in a few days. Imagine my surprise when I opened up our post to see only 18 new posts. Then I realized that I was still looking at May. LOL Found June and now making my way through 385 posts. Only got through 2 pages though so I will read more tomorrow.

Had a business trip to Toronto this past week. Flights were delayed by several hours on the way out and I finally got to my hotel room at 2:30 am. Also delayed on the way home but only by an hour. While I was there I took an Uber for the first time. Also tried oysters for the first time. Business meetings went well so it was a successful trip despite all the flight delays.

Goal for June is to train for the 5K I have signed up to run on July 9th.

Janet - praying for your grandson. I know it must have been very emotional putting him on that bus. {{{hugs}}}

Joyce - hope Charlie continues to improve.

Becca - thinking about you and DH daily. You are so strong but still think you need some {{{hugs}}}

Welcome to everyone new.

Linda/IA
  • Gloworm46
    Gloworm46 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    B)
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Well I was out of town and haven't been here in a few days. Imagine my surprise when I opened up our post to see only 18 new posts. Then I realized that I was still looking at May. LOL

You HAD to know something was off if there were only 18 new posts. I found the idea hilarious. I'm making it a habit to check in a couple of times a day if only to mark my place. The huge number of posts get overwhelming. I read but don't comment on them, just not possible. I can only imagine the post pain I'm going to have after a week of a no-internet vacation! I won't even try!

It did rain again today but we had about two hours of sunshine so a few of the grandkids went swimming with grandpa. I got in and bounced a baby but didn't put in any serious swimming time. And of course there was the water gun fight with the older ones..... always fun. :wink:

Tons to do this week before taking off for our trip.

• janetr7476
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Larisa, lol I'm sure you're right but I'll have to take your word for it. I just use light weights. I'm a whimp :)

Janetr okc
  • MightyLolo
    edited June 2016
    Options
    janetr7476 wrote: »
    Larisa, I'll take your word for it. I just use light weights. I'm a whimp :)

Hey, there's plenty of value in lifting lighter weights! Plus, you're not sitting on the couch. :wink:
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Linda IA thanks so much for your prayers for my grandson. He spent the first 3 days in bed going thru withdrawal from meth. He's up and doing good now. Hoping he makes wise choices.

Janetr okc
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,092 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Well, today I was up at 6:40 AM so I could get to Fred Meyer store for a paper, and see if they had jelly doughnuts for husband. They did, so I got two raspberry jelly filled for him, Bavarian cream filled for son, and an old-fashioned doughnut for me. I ate mine along with some great coffee, reading the paper. It was a nice morning. Took a nap at around lunchtime, and then husband and I watched some beach volleyball on TV. Made meat sandwiches for husband and son for dinner, but had some Vans waffles for me, (because I was spying the last 1/2 of banana to put on them). Blessed today.

Oh forgot to tell you, last night husband went to bed at about 7:30 PM so son and I stayed up and just talked and talked. My son is a great person, smart and man is he funny. We laughed until we cried. Then for some reason, there were two huge spiders we saw (within an hr period) so we had to kill them! What, they wanted in on our conversation too?? Coming in from the heat of the day. After that evening of intellect I feel more grounded with my family than ever. Blessed beyond belief is my life.

Husband's body is working so hard, he has headaches from it all. No fever though. His appetite is good. Tomorrow the doctors better call and get this ball rolling is all I have to say.

Night night everyone. ((((((((hugs to each and every one of you)))))) from Oregon.
    Becca
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Hi gals,

Miriam – so sad.

Janetr – great picture

Barbie – glad you had fun!

Annie – glad you are ok, how scary

Becca – thinking of you and DH – hope that phone rings early tomorrow.

June Goals
    1 fun thing a week, graduation, visit with a friend
    Log everyday to the best I can, over if need be.
    11,000 + steps everyday

Smiles.

Kim from N. California
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    DJ: I get seasick and saddle sore but I sail and ride horses anyway. Both activities are worth it. I usually only get seasick on the ocean. The river is good to me but the Pacific is out to make sure I am punished for whatever sins have been committed against it by me and everyone else. Saddle sore? You bet. I learned to wear padded bike shorts under my jeans. I haven't been saddle sore in a long time. It appears that a certain amount of misery is required in certain activities. :ohwell: For me, the fun is worth a bit of discomfort. :bigsmile:

Miriam: I'm so sorry the kitten didn't make it. Its last moments were with people who were kind and caring. I think that matters. :heart: :broken_heart::heart:

Michele: Thanks for the sympathy. That woman has moved because the house was sold. She doesn't live nearby anymore and, "I'm not broken hearted," is a big understatement. :bigsmile:

janetr: You look gorgeous! :smiley:

We had a hot day today, with a high of 97. We had fun anyway. DH, the dog & I went for a walk down to the end of the road where the marina has a boat ramp that is mostly used by fishermen--and where I take my dog for a swim. We walk out to the end of the dock and I tell him to jump. He jumps in and swims to shore, then comes back out on the dock to do it again, and again. Today he was especially happy for the swim.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

Tibetan proverb: "The secret to living well and long is: Eat half, walk double, laugh triple and love without measure..."

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

June Resolutions :
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week. Work on flexibility and back strength.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least three glasses of water daily, preferably more!
    5. Monitor sleep. Try to average 7 or more hours of sleep nightly.