WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2016

Options

Replies

• miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately the little guy had a seizure and passed away while I was holding him. At least he is out of pain. My oldest daughter, 11, is heartbroken, even though I had warned her it was a strong possibility. I am crushed. And headed for a cat nap.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,712 Member
    Options
    miriamwithcatsso sorry to hear :0( but u r rite, no more pain
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Oh! I want to cry with your daughter! <3
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    morning peeps and new peeps -

was way overdue to get my nails done so they got did yesterday! neon orange to match my bike! today it's supposed to be 93! YEAYYYYY FOR ME but boo for the peeps who don't like the heat. kirby put the a/c upstairs in the bedroom for the kids, i'm okay w/o but we do it for them. aren't i a good mom?

bullwinkle turned 11 on the 4th. she has passed rocky and has made it to this age. hope to have her for a few more. what am i gonna do at the gym today? u got it. miles, gotta bike more miles so i can get to that 400!

I never told you but the oldest (of the kids) llama is Rocky and youngest born last October is Bullwinkle. I didn't name them, the neighbors granddaughter did. :)

Janetr OKC
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Janetr- awwwwww
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Miriam, I am so sorry. But the rescue still knew who to go to. Hugs to your daughter. How is your other one taking it. Silence can be a problem. You are a sweetheart to do this and some how I know that this little one won't be the last very ill one that you work with. He/she went across that bridge in loving arms.

Our Michelle is outside doing both front and back yard and will work on some of the weeds. I don't know why I am so down and out of it. I don't know if it is the muscle relaxant or not. I just take 1/2 a pill in the morning. I felt better before my shower. Looking forward to my hearty vegetable beef soup tonight. But my husband isn't. He is wanting something exciting.

Joyce, Indiana
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Miriam~ So sorry to hear about the kitten passing..... Sometimes the best you can do is help them pass on, to get them to go down the path to being pain free. (((hugs))) to you for doing the best you could do. So much compassion. Hugs to your grand daughter too....its a tough lesson learning about the circle of life...
    Becca
  • tryingtolive1
    tryingtolive1 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Planted flowers today hoping it would boost my mood. Turned out ok. Bought a tomato plant also growing it in a large container hope it turns out ok. I use to have a garden that I planted vegetables in but everyone said they would help but didn't so gave it up. When my ex husband and I were together it was managable but on my own not so much.

Miriam so sorry about the kitten.

Joyce soup sounds like it will be great. Not a big soup maker myself. Hope you enjoy it.

Anne from Wisconsin

• pipcd34
    Options
  • ljdw99
    ljdw99 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    ✔️
  • tshirtartist
    tshirtartist Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh, I am so sorry Miriam. So sad! Don't know how you do it! You are an angel.
  • Charleen2
    Charleen2 Posts: 223 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    miriam - I feel the sadness all the way to here. He had a loving 'Mom' who gave him everything she could. He was just too fragile for this world, bless his heart.

Thank you for caring and loving him while he was here. He is in a better place on the other side, whole, happy, free and forever young. <3

Charleen in Colorado (With tears on my cheeks for the little one) :'(
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Heather – When DH and I were diving; they told us to look at the horizon and NOT at the water around us … helps keep your equilibrium better. But that only works when you are out on the deck of the ship; when you are in your room, you're going to feel every roll (or twist and roll). Maybe he could imagine being in a hammock with a nice breeze blowing. :s

Miriam – Sorry about the kitty. :'(

Lenora
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    Did 1 hr Power Yoga DVD. I wasn't impressed with this DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do one more segment of the Butt Lift DVD, hold my plank then take the extremepump class.

Carol/Peach - to be honest, I don't know what kind of snake it is. I just know that it's black and I don't want to see it.

Got up, exercised, read the paper, then spent 3-1/2 hours cutting down weeds at the back of our property. Vince thinks that's where the snake is living. If he's right, I want to make his home as inhospitable as possible. Anyway, I wanted these weeds cut down anyway.

Lisa - I sure could have used that bushwacker (is that what it's called?) thing you have. We have a small one, it does cut down tall weeds. Did I mention that I hate roses and I'm not too keen on those wild raspberries, either. Both have these thorns that I simply do not like

The gal who said she'd take the snake just told me that she'd take it if we'd put it into a box or a bag. I don't think so........

katla - Vince says the snake isn't poisonous. It's black, that's about all I know. Vince says it's about 5' long. I don't think I could stand someone putting a snake on my lawn.

janetr - happy anniversary

Miriam - what an angel you are to take such care of that kitty. So so cute..... Later: I'm so sorry. At least he passed away in the arms of someone loving.

Bonnie - welcome!

Lenora - I find that I really need to preplan things, like what I'm getting at the store. I can't get too much, tho that it'll go bad before I can eat it. It's interesting....Vince likes the better cuts of meat and if one store doesn't have it, I'll usually go to another store to get it. Well...WalMart didn't have the better cut and I knew Vince would never want to go to another store just for one item, so I got the cheaper cut of meat which wasn't as tender. You should have hear him complaining! I just told him the truth.

Heather - so sorry your dh isn't feeling up to par

Jane - congratulations!

DJ - another advantage to exercising is starting the lawn mower/weed cutting down thing. The battery is dead on the weed thing but it can be started by pulling on the rope. There is a key start, but you need to battery for that. Can't cut down more weeds until Wednesday or thursday. I wonder if Vince'll help me? It just goes so much faster. I constantly had to stop and carry the weeds that were cut down away.

Michele in NC
  • bonnie824
    bonnie824 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcomes. I lost a pound and am feeling a little confident. It helps that I changed from losing 1.5 to 1 and from sedentary to light activity so get more calories. The 1200 was just not enough for a daily thing. I kept cheating, then would feel I'd blown it and not log the next day.

As for my June goals- doing well on the more water, logging ones. Not so good on the less salt/sodium or the one glass of wine a day (unless I say 8 ounces is a glass, I am in the habit of one small glass with supper, one in the evenings watching tv.)

I have a dog (husky - beagle , 2 cats) and was reading the dog posts with interest. I have always had big dogs and prefer them, but now feel I/we are a bit old to train, maintain large dogs- especially a decade from now, so we went smaller with the last one after our two big dogs passed. The main aggression I've had was from a lab/chow? mix we got about a year or so old. Great with me and OK with the family/pets, but never could trust him with kids, strangers, strange pets. Loved him though and just kept him maintained- 12 years. My current dog (beagle-husky but seems big beagle) is mostly friendly and a great dog, but has shown some food aggression and we've had her from a little puppy. So you never know. I did recently read that the most aggressive dogs are actually chihuahua, jack russell, dachshund, which I kind of believe. I think they are just too small to really hurt anyone so people feel safer with them.
  • bonnie824
    bonnie824 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    klanders30 wrote: »
    Allie taking alive daily is dangerous to the liver. Check with doc but we have been advised against it and know of someone that did serious damage from overuse of aleve.
    I am not even at my one year anniversary of using MFP and posting on this forum but I can tell the newbies it has made all the difference to me. WW did not work for me personally but I learned things from it. For me, I pick up little bits of information from a lot of sources. This forum offers that and very unconditional support and accountability as long as you check in every now and then. Karen NY

I agree Allie. I think the forums were what made WW online work for me at least. The best was meetings with 2 friends long long ago, but I am a lot older now, don't want to spend that much money on my slow weight loss, and not crazy for the newest plan.
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately the little guy had a seizure and passed away while I was holding him. At least he is out of pain. My oldest daughter, 11, is heartbroken, even though I had warned her it was a strong possibility. I am crushed. And headed for a cat nap.

Miriam: I also salute your tremendous compassion. My heart breaks for the suffering the kitten experienced, but is lifted knowing he transitioned to a better place feeling the warmth and love you showed him. Bless you.

Rori
    Colorado Foothills
    Clear and warm like June should be
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    :'(
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Janetr- pretty cutie!