Smile a lot, laugh a lot
    Be in the moment with my kids
    Love my husband extra
    Try not to post so many pictures of my dog that I get 'unfriended' on FB

Karen in Colorado or solieco
  • Maryjoy9
    Maryjoy9 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    For June, I'd like to continue with cardio kickboxing and yoga and HOPEFULLY drop the 10 extra lbs I seem to have acquired over the winter....
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I put my grandson on the bus to San Antonio, cried and prayed all the way back driving home. Told him mh love was unconditional, he cried, I cried. Never been to a bus station before, some pretty scary looking sorts hanging about. It was to be an 11:00 hour bus trip. Hope he got there okay thru all the storms. I am fighting depression :(

My June resolutions remain about the same as May. I seem to be able to maintain, but would actually like to loose 10 more pounds. So June shapes up like this:

3 days a week strength training (did this all of May, except this current week)
    3 days a week cardio work (same as above)
    Increase my daily steps
    Faithfully log everthing I eat, this has been bad the last several days

I love this group and am thankful for all you each contribute.

Janetr okc (feeling as gloomy as the gray skies)
  • joyfuljan77
    joyfuljan77 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Good Morning! I have not been on MFP in sometime and am excited to find this group. I've read through most of the posts and find the group to be very encouraging.

Just a short intro: My name is Jan and I'm from NC. I have Multiple Sclerosis and Fibromyalgia so I struggle daily with pain and fatigue. In the last few years I have put on a good bit of weight (near the 200 mark) due to inactivity and not cooking. I need to become healthy!!

My goals for June:
    - track my food
    - cook more with my husband's help
    - get some exercise at least 4 days a week

I hope everyone has a great day!

Jan in NC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,709 Member
    Options
    morning peeps =
    well so far 21.6mi, when I ride home it'll be 31.7 (good guess). I don't think I'm gonna make my 400 mi goal for the month, I don't know why, thinking about lowering it, I dunno...

our wedding anniversary is this month, we really don't celebrate it much and I'm cool with that, it's much more than a paper. I tend to celebrate the date we met than the day we got married. the marriage was more a formality for him (his first marriage). on 6/22/02 it will be 14 years of marriage.

so far I have burned 838 calories and I still have to ride home, that is a minimum of 400 more :0).

as u all know I don't do goals for the month but this month is the only exception due to my joining the Great Cycle Challenge (raising $$ for kids with cancer, see how many miles you can ride in the month of june, includes spin classes)

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,803 Member
    Options
    morning again ladies~
    I am sitting with a glass of iced green tea(thanks Bev) it is also light and refreshing with no sugar added.. I have been busy, and no I never did get back to sleep..
    I talked to my brother and he gave me 40 bucks, ,I asked if I could borrow 20 as Tom is being a piss pot... because I have watched Faith they wanted to give me something anyway.. I hate asking for anything and to think I had to because my husband was being a horses patoot.
    anyway.. went out and picked up a couple of things at the grocery store, and God Bless dad he had there fridge turned on so,put stuff in fridge... the house is in as good a shape as I can get it for now, the rest is up to them...
    Dad is very worried about my son Dan, and I am too, his father and grandmother both suffer from mental illness and Dan does too, he just does not care and is in a deep depression, will try and speak with him this weekend and see if one he has insurance and 2 if he will please go and have a physical and get a work up done. and get it regulated.... he is such a wonderful young man at 31 dont want him wasting his life like his father has..
    My father admitted to me that he has a medical condition ,so I sat because didnt know what he would say.. he admitted that he has short term memory loss.. well here is a clue Sean and I have known for awhile, but at least my dad admitted it.. with Tracy living there I think it will help alot..
    working at 1 until 6 and then up to dads house to wait :)
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Janet, I am so sorry you are struggling with depression right now. You have been under a lot of stress, and the gloomy rainy days don't help much. Exercise, sunshine, doing things for yourself (not always just for other people), and keeping in touch with your support system are all important right now. Don't remember if you do medication or not, but a chat with your doctor might be a good idea. I am calling mine today because I am starting to not want to get out of bed in the morning- my first warning sign. I am also getting very weepy, which is not normal for me.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,355 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Penny - According to my info, the Glacier Hike starts at 9.30, with the other tours setting off at 11.30, so I guess we must be docked earlier, unless they are setting off by lighter. I will try to get off as early as possible and will text/email as soon as I get definite info. Loving the bird life! :D
    Good luck for your run this weekend! :flowerforyou:

Glo - Your potting shed is gorgeous!

Best wishes to those suffering from depression. <3 And to any others suffering from anything. I think of you all often. :love:

Love Heather UK
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Hi gals,

Barbie – send care and hugs (via you) to Jake – so much at once for him.

Penny – LOVE the pictures and the birds…..

Janetr – ((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))) going out and doing something sometimes helps the depression! And if it is cool, maybe a walk?

Newbies welcome!

Pip – you almost made it, and you might have hit 400 if there had been no wind- LOL

So I don’t think I did may goals, but June should have some it seems…. But this month will be crazy 3 graduations, 2 birthdays, 2 weeks of baking camp, and a bunch of other stuff…. So keeping it simple.

1 fun thing a week
    Log everyday to the best I can, over if need be.
    11,000 + steps everyday

Smiles.

Kim from N. California
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Morning Ladies,

Barbie, thanks for always getting us going again. I love knowing all of you will all be here when I arrive.

Joyce, you know that you deserve a little complaining. OMG what you have been through. I’ve often wondered just how strong a person you are. You can complain all you want!!!! I wish I could come help you a little because you certainly deserve a break. Please take care of yourself. ((((Hugs))))

Anne, I’m sending wishes for you to feel better soon. Glad you can get back to the gym. Congrats on DD making Dean’s List.

Charleen, I wish you luck and all the ladies here. I know it’s time for me to stop looking for luck and doing something about myself. I’ve been maintaining for too long to not be where I want.

Glo, what a cute shed and beautiful yard!!!

MicheleNC, you mentioned ice cream. On tv yesterday they were talking about eating healthy and told of taking the small bathroom sized dixie cups to put ice cream in for each day of the week. Then only eat that amount. It was a cute thought but luckily I can just not have any or take one bite of DH’s. happy-rainbow-smiley-emoticon.gif

Katla, I do like your goal of having fun every day. That should make us all happier.

Karen, I’d think if someone didn’t want to see all the pictures of your dog maybe you don’t need them as a FB friend? Just a thought. too-happy-smiley-emoticon.gif

Janetr, when you exercise more do you find it helps fight the depression? I sure would love to lose 10 pounds this month but just need to start losing again. cute-hug.gif

Jan, welcome. What part of NC? We have a few here that live there. I did before we moved to the coast. This is a great place for support and information so come often and join right in.

Heidi, welcome to you as well. I like your work out buddy. You hair is almost the same color.  Please tell us a bit more about yourself and sign each post with the name you want to be called.

pretty-pink-welcome-smiley-emoticon.gifto any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

I’ve been busier than normal the past month but just glad I have the energy to do so. As I’m finally getting better at line dancing after all these months, I wish I had it more than once a month. I’ve got to get in a regular routine of going to the gym and keep up with my home exercises. My eating hasn’t been bad but I can get it back on track to “great”. I eat tons of fresh veggies and well-cooked protein but for some reason still crave carbs. (specifically bread) I also get an occasional craving for French fries. A baked potato won’t take care of that craving. When I just can’t resist, I will slice them thin and bake them on a cookie sheet and that will take care of it. I don’t know why I’m rambling about food. I hope we all eat well, exercise and take care of ourselves in this new month. I love having all of you beside me on this journey and I hope all of you have a healthy and happy day. happy-in-the-sun-smiley-emoticon.gif
    Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, blow.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • MightyLolo
    MightyLolo Posts: 504 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    exermom wrote: »

MightyLo - I use grapes frozen as my "ice cream".

I'm glad that works for you; they sound delicious! I know frozen blueberries are great, too.

The thing about ice cream, for me--and really, I mean gelato--is that it's sooo creeeamy. So sometimes, a thick yogurt is a decent substitute. I'm so over substituting the food though, but continuing the habit. It's just not what I want to do... I've decided I'm okay with spending $4.00 once a week and enjoying a half a cup of gelato at the shop, vs. spending $4.00 a week and eating a pint of the stuff in my apartment. :tongue:

Larisa
  • CSSJ09
    CSSJ09 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    t113030.gifI got up this morning wondering who posted overnight and who would be with me on this journey in June...I can't do this by myself...thank you all for being here with me...right now Jake is very sad about his daughter's death and very nervous about whether he will be able to get the surgery to relieve his back pain...he doesn't want to talk about calories, exercise, digging in the garden or all the stuff we tell each other on this thread

<3 Barbie

Barbie We are all with you and ever so grateful for your leadership of this group. I know that I could not be on this journey without you. My heart aches for Jake. He has so much to face. Perhaps the surgery can wait until his heart heals a bit. It is so difficult to face two life changers at the same time.
    CJ
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,709 Member
    Options
    godmomkim roflmao!!!!!
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Becca, you are such an inspiration for a person who has a struggling relationship or just to listen to on how to think about life.

I changed charlies bag today with the ostomy nurse. A pharmacist is going to talk to us about whether any of his medicines are sustained release so we can get them changed. I am so happy with his surgeon although he does do some weird head movements. He is leaving this discharge up to us. Charlie is meeting all criteria for discharge but they know I am pretty tired. I don't know if I need to go home and cook these meals and put them in freezer or go home and put my feet up.

Joyce, indiana
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    jmkmomm wrote: »
    Becca, you are such an inspiration for a person who has a struggling relationship or just to listen to on how to think about life.

I changed charlies bag today with the ostomy nurse. A pharmacist is going to talk to us about whether any of his medicines are sustained release so we can get them changed. I am so happy with his surgeon although he does do some weird head movements. He is leaving this discharge up to us. Charlie is meeting all criteria for discharge but they know I am pretty tired. I don't know if I need to go home and cook these meals and put them in freezer or go home and put my feet up.

Joyce, indiana

Joyce Ummmmm, let's see....I've thought about it, and it's close, but I vote for PUTTING YOUR FEET UP! Silly girl. <3

Karen in Virginia

• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Joyce - I vote for feet up too!!!
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    DJ - wrote "Janetr, when you exercise more do you find it helps fight the depression? I sure would love to lose 10 pounds this month but just need to start losing again."
    I having only missed two days of my 6 day a week exercise routine so I'm not sure if it is THE solution but I know its a great big help mentally and physically. So that being said, I just finished a 65 minute walk on the treadmill. I'd love to lose 10 lbs in a month too, but right now I'm thinking I'd be thrilled with 10 in the next 6 months. I'm sure a lot of my being down right now is stuff going on around me that I have no control over. But feeling better that at least my grandson made the decision to get help. Even tho he's done it time and time again, I keep praying that one time it will be the last and he will make the choice to live a happier more fulfilled life.

Miriam thanks for the kind words. I've not really ever had a lot of problem with depession and have never taken anything. Usually I can get back to my routine and it gets better. Mine are usually just short lived due to the current situations called daily life :)

Thanks to all of you ladies for your encouraging words regarding my grandson. He is my oldest and lived with me until he was 4. My daughter was only 17 when he was born and just starting her last year of High School. I had him all summer many years and he and I still have a very special bond.

Janetr OKC (feeling proud of myself for getting going today)
  • CSSJ09
    CSSJ09 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    joyce you deserve a break. Put your feet up, turn on your favorite music, add some scent to the breeze, candles, perfume or flowers, and breathe and close your eyes. Picture being hugged by all your fans around the world and float away.