WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2016

Options

Replies

• vickikwhisler
    vickikwhisler Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I started back on MFP May 9th when I started Keto. On the day I started, I was the heaviest I'd ever been, and I felt horrible both physically and mentally. 3-1/2 wees in and I'm still struggling to meet my macros, but I do feel better. The only weight I've lost is the 8lbs of water weight week one, but my pants were a tiny bit looser when I put them on this morning.

My goal for June is to
    • continue logging everydat
    • begin using my wii fit
    • start using my new fitbit that I ordered yesterday and challenge myself to take at least 6000 steps a day (I'm starting slow)
    • continue zero tolerance for added sugars and fructose
    • continue to keep my carbs below 20net/day
    • I'm hoping for a weight loss of 8-10 lbs for June.
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    Annr wrote: »
    csofled wrote: »
    The time has finally arrived to begin the Great move-out-of-Chicago Exodus. Tomorrow we head to Chicago to first help our son relocate a few blocks away into a new studio apartment closer to The Loop where he works for Deloitte. Will get him settled in on Friday and Saturday. On Sunday we pick up the UHaul and get our daughter moved out of her apt and begin making our way to Midlothian, VA. She will move in next Wednesday and we plan on staying around long enough for her to be settled in and ready to go.

In light of this I won't be able to check in here as often as I would like, therefore friends will you all please put your lives on hold till I can get back. LOL I can just see it now....page 43 and 216 posts! That is what I love about this wonderful, supportive group a ladies! Carry on and I will peek in as possible and look forward to reading the "novel" when I can really sit down 2 weeks from now and read back through the posts.

Sending kudos to all with successes to celebrate :) , healing thoughts and prayers to all in need <3 and a wonderful welcome to all the newbies joining this awesome group of women ;) !

Cheri
    In steamy NE oHIo

standing still.....Ok Ok how long do I have to do this?????

Ha, ha ..... as long as you can?!

Cheri
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Hi friends and welcome newbies. :p

Barbie: Please let Jake know there are a whole bunch of nice ladies holding him in their thoughts and prayers. And we wouldn’t be a community without your steadfast leadership. Thank you.

Penny: The bird photos are just awesome. So jealous that you and Heather will be meeting up for more adventures. We will be expecting photos….lots of photos.

Janet: Sending up prayers for your grandson’s trip and recovery. And for you…chin up!

Becca and Joyce: Hugs to you both. <3 Please take care.

DJ: I can totally identify with your cravings. I won’t even type out the foods because just having the words pass through my brain sets mouth watering….such a struggle.

Jane: Good to see you again and love the new DGC photo. o:) Will hold good thoughts for your knee surgery. Keep us posted.

I’m getting back into the swing of work after being on vacation for the past 3 weeks. I really do have a great job. This month, business travel will be taking me to El Paso, Central and Northern Indiana and Seattle.

Stay well, friends. We can do this.

Rori
    Colorado Foothills

June Resolutions

Eat mindfully
    Strength train 2x/week
    Weigh less at the end of the month
    Maintain Gratitude Journal daily (on free app by the same name)

My word for 2016: Optimism
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Seriously. Can the rain please just stop?

Today it started pouring again and because the ground is so saturated the run-off started right away and so did the flooding. I was in the middle of the drive to my daughter's to get her children home and I could hardly see for the heavy rain. When I got to her street it was knee deep in water. I watched a truck go down it and when I saw it hit the bumper I knew there was no way I was headed down that street. She ran down the block and got the kids and they ran back through the yards to the house. I just talked to her and she said it is still pouring at her house. At my house it has slacked off and things are draining away but we are expecting two more days of rain. We are north of Houston and the people in the south are experiencing heavy flooding with the rivers not expected to peak until tomorrow. With the heavy rain up here they will be having more water head their way tonight. It is just crazy, seriously crazy.

It isn't just Houston, a good portion of Texas is flooding with these storms.

Time to head out and run in the rain or else I'll eat something I'll regret.

Developing web feet in Houston,
    Marcelyn
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,577 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:
    ride hm 2 gym- 11.58min, 13.8amph, 127mhr, 2.7mi = 90c
    SPIN- 32min, 94ar, 80aw, 10g, 120ahr, 157mhr, 8mi = 261c
    ride gym 2 wk- 53.39min, 12.2amph, 125ahr, 151mhr, 10.9mi = 487c
    ride wk 2 hm- est 57min, 10amph, 125ahr, 157mhr, 10.14mi = 501c 10mph WINDS!
    TOTAL CAL 1339
    total mi = 31.74mi
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Marcelyn, I feel so much for all of you in the flood zones. If it isn't one thing, it's another. Rain, drought, fires, when will it stop. I pray daily for our country.

I was watching one episode of the Tiny House and this couple seemed to be just building everything with not a whole lot of experience, walls not straight and I just wondered how long all that money they put in it was going to just fly away as they drove it down the highway. Or a couple building their tiny home from a mini school bus and they hadn't done any insulation. I like the ones where they have professionals do it who know how to take advantage of every nick and cranny for storage. They are the ones who make it special.

Right now I am watching So you think you can dance the next generation. These young kids are fantastic. Ballet, ball room, Fantastico! I am saving America's got talent for when Charlie gets home.He likes that show. as you can tell, that has been my evening!!!! Just me and the cat. I have a lot of cat hair that accumulates on my lap top. I have no idea if it hurts it or not. I do use the can of air all the time. I also use it for punishment for the cat. The can I use for punishment it empty but it is still effective for the cat.

Larisa, I love your Asian proverb. What a philosophy.

Joyce, Indiana
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Happy june.Ive been MIa for awhile.Just down in the dumps.Can`t walk eve with a walker.Knee surgery in 19 days.Missed u all,will try to be better logging
    hugs jane

Hoping all goes well with the knee surgery so that you are able to walk and get around more easily. Don't stay away. Let us know how you are doing. (((Hugs)))

Janetr okc
  • spiritpowrd
    spiritpowrd Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Nancy. I like the idea of 50+. I can't compete with the young ones. Its so much harder to get the weight off after menopause. I'm really struggling. I do cardio 3x week for 1 hr. and see no results. I started the gym a year ago in Feb. Not one pound! I get really frustrated.
    My plan for June is to try and stick to the allotted calories and start weight training along with the cardio. Wish me luck!
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,257 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Wow Pip! :flowerforyou:

Marcelyn - I've been googling your floods and it looks really awful. So sorry for everyone. :'(:#

I'm awake with anticipation. Haven't been as bad this time as I have on past holidays, but still apprehensive. I'm not flying, so haven't got to pack as carefully. We are leaving from Dover and being picked up from our house by car. We have to share the car with another couple, but it's only a couple of hours to the port. I've done some meditation and some visualisation, but in the end decided to just come to the spare room and write to you lot. :D<3 I always say, I am the world's worst traveller, which is a bit crazy for someone who loves travelling! But some holidays I have been sick with nerves for days beforehand and wonder what on earth I am doing it for, so, at least there has been an improvement. :)
    One lady asked if I was going on the Hurtigruten. No, it's a Saga holiday for 50+ age group. On the Saga Pearl with about 430 passengers, so quite small by cruise ship standards. Neither my husband nor I are very sociable, so it's a bit of a new experience. The attraction was not the cruise itself, but the scenery, the land/town visits, the wildlife and the once in a lifetime chance to visit the Arctic Circle. Little did I know that Penny would be there waiting for us!

Will try to sleep now.

Heather UK
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Marcelyn - I surely would stop the rain for y'all if I could. Do you think you should build an arc? Big (((hugs))), prayers and positive thots sent your way.

Janetr okc
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,357 Member
    Options
    Did an hour of deep water today. We had a substitute and she did more strength training and stretching, but change is good too. The plan for tomorrow is to do an Express Dumb DVD.

katla - what a beautiful bird! The colors!

janetr - I do hope everything works out for your gs

Jan - yet ANOTHER North Carolinean! You've come to a great place

DJ - I may portion out ice cream into small cups, one for each day of the week. Then I know me, I'd have all 7 in one day. I guess that's just something that I'm better off having a substitute for (like the frozen grapes or the yogurt/OJ concentrate mixture).

Becca - when we have a bug bite (itchiness) for TEMPORARY relief we had heard this and decided to give it a try. It really does work! Put your blowdryer on the itch and hold it there for as long as you can stand it. The reason this works is because the heat breaks up the histamines. I don't know if that'll work for your husband or not.

Mighty - wonderful NSV!!!!

Cheri - safe travels!

Jane - (((HUGS))))

Karen - gorgeous daughter

Nancy - welcome! I totally understand not being able to keep up with the younger ones. I see these videos and just say "hey, they're not 61"

Remember I told you about the snake that was outside yesterday. Well...today I glanced out the bathroom window and saw it! vince went outside and actually poured the snake-off stuff, Vince said it didn't phase him at all. I was about to check on the mail, Vince said it was there again so I didn't check on it. Vince thinks it's living in the weeds at the top of our property, which are what I've been wanting to cut down as of last year. Now you can bet we'll cut them down. I also want to get these trees cut down and put down grass seed in the backyard. If I ever need to cut the grass again, I don't want to choke myself to death.

Went to ceramics. They fired my mermaid, but the waves are such a close color to the color of the rock that I'm going to put some of that no-fire snow on them to make a delineation. I left the mermaid there and will put the snow on it Monday, then bring it home and spray it with the spray. Even tho it's on the small side, I plan to put it down next to the pool so you'll see it.

Right now I'm working on a wolf for Jessica. I didn't want her to see it in the bisque so I'll paint it and hope it doesn't shiver. Well, even if it does, it's not like it's something that'll go outside.

Just did a load of laundry

Michele in NC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,577 Member
    Options
  • tryingtolive1
    tryingtolive1 Posts: 245 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Went back to the gym today then lugged around 10 bags of sand for the pool setup. Gonna be sore tomorrow. But it felt great to do something again.

Becca I can not imagine how bad the itching could be for your DH. Had an alergic reaction to meds once itched from the inside out. Swore my hair even itched. Lol. Hope the benadryl works for him.

Someone recently recommended to me instead of ice cream to try to make ice cream type sandwiches out of gram crackers and low fat or fat free whip cream then freeze them. She will put fresh fruit in the whip cream for variety. Have not tried it get but maybe this weekend. She says satisfies the sweet cravings with less calories.

Anne from Wisconsin
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening Ladies,

Joyce, chill-out-smiley-emoticon.gif sleeping-smiley-face.gif Get my vote? So glad to see that you did decide to rest.((((Hugs)))) to you and Charlie.

Larissa, a HUGE CONGRATS. I’ll take being smaller over weighing less any day. Go girl.

Cheri, I’m dreading all the work with our garage sale this week end but I’ll take that over moving any day of the week. You are a special mom to help your kids. Don’t work too hard.

Jane, so sorry to hear about your knee. Glad you are having the surgery and you’ll be running circles around all of us. Sending healing thoughts your way.

Barbie, go spend time with Jake. You know we’ll be here whenever you have the time.
    Karen, she is beautiful.. I hope she had a great night!
    pretty-pink-welcome-smiley-emoticon.gifto any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us. Wow, I took a sleeping pill which I rarely do and all of a suddeh I feel I’m drunk. Might eed o head to the bed before I fall out in the floor. Will check on you all in the morning. ,
    I hope all of you have a healthy and happy day. happy-in-the-sun-smiley-emoticon.gif
    Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, blow.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Hi my name is Nancy. I like the idea of 50+. I can't compete with the young ones. Its so much harder to get the weight off after menopause. I'm really struggling. I do cardio 3x week for 1 hr. and see no results. I started the gym a year ago in Feb. Not one pound! I get really frustrated.
    My plan for June is to try and stick to the allotted calories and start weight training along with the cardio. Wish me luck!

Welcome, Nancy, we're glad you found our group. This is a terrific place to come for support and encouragement. One comment on your plan to succeed, remove "try" from your plan for June. Lol. Glad you're aboard, we know you can do this.

Janetr okc
  • debbierichardson7186
    debbierichardson7186 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm new. Just found this and after reading some posts, know this is for me. I have a lot of weight to loose and am using a clean eating plan. Am into the second week and so far, so good.
    Because of my weight, I have a hard time exercising. All I can manage is walking for 30 minutes.

Goals for June
    Log all food
    Stay under calorie goal
    Walk 3 times a week
    Lose 10 pounds

Debbie from San Antonio, TX
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Karen, your daughter is so beautiful. I don't know if proms hold the same special memories that we all had. Plus they are so expensive. I had a blind date for my junior prom!!!!! No second date. My senior prom none of my small group of wallflowers had a date so my Dad put our big camping tent up in our back yard and we had a blast.

The night has been very strange. Just me all by myself. Well Melody the cat was here. Knowing that Charlie was also by himself and I had been staying there until around 9 PM made it just feel strange. I did nothing. And I mean nothing, just catching up on things that are on the DVR that I know he wouldn't watch since I know he more than likely will be going downstairs in his man cave for a couple of days. I guess I could go down there so he can watch his Fox news for hours at a time. I am soooooo tired of that network. The only other network that has been on was Monday when he had the golf channel on when he watched Sundays finish of which I knew the results.

Tomorrow I start my mold/impressions for my partial plate!!!! Maybe he also can give me some answers as to my jaw pain.

Heather, when do you leave. I am a bit spacey and forgot.

Joyce, Indiana
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    Hi gals,
    Klanders – beautiful daughter and a beautiful mom

Marcelyn – wow - I can not even imagine that much rain.

Nancy – welcome, and the calorie counting is a critical component, it is an eye opener to see how many calories in things.

Debbie – walking 30 minutes is great! Keep it up and when you are ready add just a few minutes…

So I don’t know where my brain went, but at lunch time I went to Red Robin (a burger place I love) with my god kids and usually I pull it up on line and pick out something ahead that both sounds good and is a calorie count I can work with. Today I did not look it up ahead and picked a burger that actually sounded good and that it would be OK with calories – the description had no cheese, no bacon, no mayo - red flags for me… but I got home and put it in …and drum roll One Thousand, sixty four calories!!!! WTF and as I ate it I knew it was going to be higher than I had hoped as it had said the bun was brushed with citrus oil, but the bun was covered inside and out with oil. All burgers there are high but this was not worth the calories…some there are for me worth the calories… The good thing is it was very filling and I did not need but a little bite for dinner.

Tomorrow is my nephew’s High school graduation – it is outside in the football field, so it is bleacher seating and first come – best seat, I am trying to be there by 4pm for a 6pm graduation, and expect that it will go until 8:30pm or so…A lot of sitting in the hot sun tomorrow… it is supposed to be 90 at 4pm and 80 at 9pm… yuck. I’ll be dressing light with sunscreen and water in tow.

June Goals
    1 fun thing a week
    Log everyday to the best I can, over if need be.
    11,000 + steps everyday

Smiles.

Kim from N. California
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    My goodness 4 pages in already and it is only the evening of June 1st!!!

How will I ever keep up...just you wait everyone... I will be retired by the middle of July and then maybe I will be here more often :)

Later
    Lillian in West Central Saskatchewan
  • janetr7476
    Options
    I'm new. Just found this and after reading some posts, know this is for me. I have a lot of weight to loose and am using a clean eating plan. Am into the second week and so far, so good.
    Because of my weight, I have a hard time exercising. All I can manage is walking for 30 minutes.

Goals for June
    Log all food
    Stay under calorie goal
    Walk 3 times a week
    Lose 10 pounds

Debbie from San Antonio, TX

Welcome, Debbie. We're so glad you found us. I have lost 125#, it can be done. If you are walking 30 minutes a day, I think that is terrific. Be sure to log and track your food and drinks each day, keep as active as possible, after a couple of weeks try upping your minutes of walking by one to or two minutes at a time. Don't expect it to happen overnight and don't think of this as a diet. Its a new healthy lifestyle. Ask for help and suggestions, we can do this together.

Janetr okc