Options
    :heart:
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
  • Gloworm46
    Gloworm46 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Lost my post again! Tomorrow's another day . . .ugh!
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,257 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Saturday off, Joyce.

Finally got to sleep around 4 am. Woke up at 6 then dozed till 7. :sad:

My old friend is coming for lunch. We are just going to pop down to the pub. Leave DH behind. :D Going to do medicine packing this morning and put a clear coat on my fingernails. I chewed the skin off one of them last night and it hurts. >:)

Cup of tea needed.

Love Heather UK
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,727 Member
    Options
    morning ladies~
    it is 3:44 am here and I am hoping to go back to sleep... as i didnt get to sleep until close to 11 last night.
    they got in around 9 last night..to dark to unpack anything, overtired and caotic.(sp)I told you my feelings on Kyle and they rang true....He was out there screaming at Tracy she was trying to direct him backing out with the trailer ,and it wasn't going well so he up and got in his car and left, leaving Tracy, Taliah at my dads house etc..
    I know my dads house isnt the best but they are getting cheap rent, and I cleaned as best I could,,,well they came in for a bite to eat as I had gotten grinders for them, and Kyle is spouting off and saying to to Tracy ,as soon as you and I get a job we are out of here, we need to be out before winter...
    I would have loved to knock his block off just then..
    so Tracy and Tal left and went over to Joannes~ who is Kyles mom that is where they are staying for the night, and there dog stayed with my dad...
    my Ex stayed up at my dads last night.. and I will go up later on to help unpack...
    I have prayed for a long time that Tracy would smarten up and leave the loser but she stays for Taliah..I soooo wish she would find a wonderful guy that would treat her with love and kindness... Miracles do happen....
    im going to try and get a little more sleep.. cant run on 3 hrs sleep
  • Lagopus
    Lagopus Posts: 1,016 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Heather - I think you mentioned the 9.30 start time for the fossil excursion/glacier hike and that's what had me confused. No doubt the people going on that excursion will be picked up and put ashore by tender boat while the ship is still at sea.

I did my last long run before the half-marathon yesterday and chose to swing past Bykaia, where you dock. I don't usually go out that way when I run because it's the industrial part of town but I wanted to identify the most scenic route to get you from there to "downtown". There aren't many alternatives to choose from without carrying a rifle (which I won't). Still, I have a plan >:)

The town is unfortunately at its scruffiest at this time of year. There's still plenty of snow, all of it pretty dirty-looking. Where the snow has melted, the grasses and herbs are shooting up - and I even saw some blossoms yesterday - but they too have a layer of sand and dust to contend with. We who live here develop "selective vision"; we focus on the pretty bits and automatically ignore whatever we'd prefer not to see.

Pretty bit:
    96e0nu57rjui.jpg

Automatically ignore:
    zj1kfpl16y95.jpg

Actually, the two snowmobiles in the foreground spent the entire winter snowed over. Neither was in use and both were buried under 10 feet of snow during the big storm in December. The dark blue one was "discovered" by the snowplow after the storm and will never be the same. The yellow one is only just emerging. Surprise! They shouldn't have been parked so close to the road!

Daughter and son-in-law arrive shortly after midnight tonight. :heart: They're both enamored of the Mediterranean climate and will probably find Longyearbyen too cold and desolate for their liking. :heartbreak: I'm glad they're finally coming up, though. It will be their first visit and we've lived here for nearly five years!

Lastly, a picture of me enjoying the lilacs in Stockholm last week.
    7aocpnioz3bc.jpg
    /Penny at the8_2_66v.gif
  • Lagopus
    Options
    klanders30 wrote: »
    Hi Ladies, wanted to share a pic of my girl heading off to the prom!
    szlzqfk8jvfs.jpg
    I first saw this on my tiny cell phone screen. It was obvious which of the two girls was dressed to go to the prom, but I wondered why your daughter's friend apparently wasn't going. :flowerforyou: Now I understand...

/Penny
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Love seeing your smile, Penny! And klanders, your beautiful girl is just that. Amazing.

Marcelyn, I am so sorry... we had a hard, hard rain last night, but none expected in the ten-day forecast. Looks like even more's expected down your way.

My goal for June is the same it has been for May, and April and March... "Be lighter." I was successful for each, at one pound apiece... and it has been amazing for me to take the focus off the numbers. I lost a couple more pounds over this very short week--we had Tuesday and Wednesday 'til 2 p.m. to get a paper out that usually takes Monday, as well, but got it to press at 1 p.m., in better shape than usual. But those will even out over the next few days, as I'll simply have more time to eat!

Am using it, too, at work. When something is frustrating (and it's the newspaper biz, after all, there's always something) I just tell myself "Be lighter." It helps. They're a good bunch, and I love being part of a working team of good people again... add to the fact that I'm doing something I love--community news, as opposed to more "serious" journalism.

Kim in NoCal - thanks for the compliment on singing the national anthem. Thank goodness it was a capella. Every time I've tried to sing it to music, it's either started too low or ended too high for me. The "try it yourself online" thing says I'm alto, with a range of approximately F3-E5, but don't know if that's actually correct. My father always told me I sang "in the cracks between the piano keys."

Hope June is successful for all of us, weight-wise, health-wise, and the health of those we love...

Lisa in West Texas
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    penny you are too sweet :p thanks everyone for the support. I don't usually get in pics but I sure was proud of my girl last nite. They all had a good time and were home by 1:30!
    Now just have to get her through the remaining drama of prom house this weekend.
    Love and strength to all of us. Karen from ny
  • Sunnygirl_2015
    Sunnygirl_2015 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Lagopus wrote: »
    klanders30 wrote: »
    Hi Ladies, wanted to share a pic of my girl heading off to the prom!
    szlzqfk8jvfs.jpg
    I first saw this on my tiny cell phone screen. It was obvious which of the two girls was dressed to go to the prom, but I wondered why your daughter's friend apparently wasn't going. :flowerforyou: Now I understand...

/Penny

Two beauties <3

Rosie
  • kritney
    kritney Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! It's good to be back :) I had to step away for a little bit in May as there was just too much going on. With Mother's Day, 2 birthdays, 2 office parties and a wedding I feel like I spent the whole month eating cake and party foods!

So my goals for June are all about getting (and staying) back on track. I gotta get ready for work now but I will be back later.

Kristi in NC
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    @klanders30
    Lagopus wrote: »

/Penny

Two beauties <3

Rosie

What they said.

Karen in Virginia

• KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! Happy Thursday! My 5:30 arrival won't be here until 6:30, so I got in my walk and still have a little time to mingle with you all!
    Karen- Your daughter looks gorgeous, and you look the proud mom! Kudos to you for getting in the pic with her! I have so few pictures of my mom and myself (a couple maybe). Those are important!
    Anne- glad you are back at it with the exercise! Take it easy with the lifting! Don't want to blow out your shoulder!
    Heather and Penny- I am sure you can tell how excited we all are that you two will have a chance to meet up and spend some time together! So excited for you!
    Becca, Joyce, Allie- take care of yourselves girls, as you are caring for your loved ones <3 I think of you all daily!
    Cheri- I guess the word Exodus is right! That is a lot of moving! Hope the weather is cooperative and the roads are smooth!
    Marcelyn- Man oh man! I think of you every time I see the news footage of the flooding! Be careful!
    Pip- Wowsa! Great stats! You are a powerhouse!
    Katla and Larisa- I love the quotes! Larisa, your quote reminds me of some thing that I learned at one of my trainings for childcare: The average child will attempt to walk 400+ times and fail before they take their first step! If a child can dig deep and keep trying 400+ times, who are we to give up so easily?!
    New girls- Welcome! This is a great group of ladies! Lots of support in all aspects of life and making good choices! I admire your goals and you have to remember that what seems like a "small goal" is going to be one of many small steps that will get you where you want to be! Movement is movement! YOu do what you can. IF you have a "bad" day or "bad" week, you just pick yourself up and get back on track and keep moving forward. BAby steps!
    My early girl just arrived; she and her parents moved to a new home (still in same small town), but her papa just informed me that she won't be dropped off before 6:30 in the morning now! Whoot! LOL! Now if I can just stay on the schedule I am currently on and give myself that time in the morning to work out! That brings me down to a 12 hour work day! B)
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I have prayed for a long time that Tracy would smarten up and leave the loser but she stays for Taliah..I soooo wish she would find a wonderful guy that would treat her with love and kindness...

Have you thought about what sort of example you are setting for her, staying with Tom when he treats you so poorly? There is no way you could say that Tom treats you with love and kindness. We all here have prayed that YOU would smarten up and leave the loser, find a guy that would treat YOU with love and kindness. You deserve it!

• miriamwithcats
    Options
    Karen, your daughter is gorgeous! Looks a lot like her mom!

Penny, you are adorable! Great photo!

Love to all who are struggling right now. Especially Becca and Joyce. But all of you.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,257 Member
    Options
    Penny - I am very good at selective vision also, but I really do want to see Longyearbyen in "the raw". I have seen so many photos, panoramas, films etc that I am fully prepared for the industrial side of things. One thing I hate about most holidays is that you only get to see the tourist pretty face of things when, as a writer, I am interested in getting down and dirty with reality. We are taking our own agenda at at least three of the stops for that reason. I love the inside story on local politics etc . So don't worry about bringing that gun! :laugh:

Heather UK, who is about to have lunch in the pub with her friend.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,727 Member
    Options
    Miriam- touche .your right
  • miriamwithcats
    Options
    Allison, now what are you going to do? Awareness is only the first step.
  • Lagopus
    Options
    Penny - I am very good at selective vision also, but I really do want to see Longyearbyen in "the raw". I have seen so many photos, panoramas, films etc that I am fully prepared for the industrial side of things. One thing I hate about most holidays is that you only get to see the tourist pretty face of things when, as a writer, I am interested in getting down and dirty with reality. We are taking our own agenda at at least three of the stops for that reason. I love the inside story on local politics etc . So don't worry about bringing that gun! :laugh:
    Heather - you're going to get the raw! I have several reasons for not bringing the rifle, though. First, the route that would require a rifle would entail a full hour's walk before we get to town. Second, I'm not confident enough in my marksmanship to want to put you at risk. Third, the darn thing weighs a TON! :laugh:

The beautiful (and ugly) thing about small towns is that everybody can get into everybody else's business. So down and dirty and local scandals it shall be!

/Penny