WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2016

Options

Replies

• janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    NY Karen - Good for you!!! You did the right thing and what you had to do. It's wonderful to have a supportive family and and BIG group of friends cheering you on. I'm very impressed with the strength you showed. Way to go.

Janetr OKC
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Two hours in pool walking. Feels great; but, now I am sleepy.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Kettlebell Swing

Goblet squat-6X7X 35
    Russian kettle bell swing 20 X7X 35

Walking-6.5 miles

Thank you so much for your kind words and welcome back! Welcome to all the newbies as well! This is an awesome place to come for motivation and support.

Mary from Minnesota
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Paper's out! DH can't come in from the ranch tonight, disappointing. But, for a change, I actually have some energy, so might just make the long trek out there instead and surprise him, like he surprised me Sunday by coming in to put my bathroom floor in... Still trying to decide. Would miss out on three badly needed hours in the warehouse in the a.m., but that work will still be there whether I am or not.

The sigh of relaxation at the paper when that last file goes to the printer is palpable, honestly, you can hear it whoosh through the whole building. Having a true accomplishment every week is extremely gratifying after years of incremental growth only visible over years... Been an interesting week, too, had a murder locally, as well as a lady convicted of killing her uncle 25 years ago who was declared innocent by a judge this week--and that case is getting national attention. Opinion is, of course, quite mixed here. Plus a guy stole eight big truck batteries from the local car parts store, and the staff helped them carry them to his car! Wild doin's indeed for our tiny town.

Back to finish the online upload, and then decide whether to bolt at 4 and go to the ranch. Have a lovely day, my peeps... and MARY! Welcome back!

Heather, sounds as if you're in your element.

Love y'all,
    Lisa in West Texas

• debbierichardson7186
    debbierichardson7186 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Did 20 min walking. Had to stop because of chest pains. Then fell getting off treadmill. I really am out of shape. No heart issues. Have had many tests. Am having balance problems so can only walk on treadmill.

Debbie in TX
  • ljdw99
    ljdw99 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Keep losing my posts have emailed my problem to IT
    Penny cool web sites
    GLo in the North Shore of Ma
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    :)NYKaren, you did an awesome job in answering those scary questions and in replying to the director about they could do anything for you...you were sane and balanced

:)Heather, just being so far north would be enough for me even with less than exciting travelers on the ship with you

:)Mary, great workout

2157045gp85zev8ri.gif for anyone contemplating heavy weights, you don't have to use Mary's weights as a guide....where she lifts 135 pounds, I lift 60---where she lifts 85 pounds, I lift 30---the idea is to lift the heaviest weight you can for 5 reps, then take a short break and do it again until you've done the lift 5X5

:)Charleen, I look to the north for travel ideas, too...I have two favorite holiday photos of my---one in Juneau, Alaska and the other in Barrow north of the Arctic Circle....I'd love to travel as far north as where Penny lives and have no desire to go south unless it would be to Antarctica.

253149qtzkf0ld22.gif At line dance class today, the teacher taught two dances from Saturday's workshop and tomorrow she'll teach two more.

<3 Barbie from drizzly NW Washington
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,355 Member
    Options
    My son has a moving date for the first week in July. They got their mortgage on Monday. :D

The talk this evening was about Norway's resistance to the German occupation in WWII. I was really enjoying it, but fell asleep. DH said I snorted. :o Combination of no sleep last night and a travel pill. Plus wine with dinner.

I've been really appreciating the waiters on the trip. Nearly all are Philippinos. They are very skilled at looking as if they love their job and making a big fuss of the most needy. Including me! They always remember your peculiar preferences. Watching them doing their best with difficult people is an education in patience. A real skill.
    DH joined me for dinner and had a light bite. It's quite a bit calmer now. All the dancing and live shows were cancelled, but it really is calming down. Tomorrow we have a celebrity chef off the TV talking about gluten free cooking.
    I will swim first thing and wash my hair. Tomorrow 's dress code is "informal" which means a bit better than smart casual. Their is a Captain's Cocktail party for those new to cruising, which is us. :bigsmile:
    The day after tomorrow we arrive at Longyearbyen and meet up with Penny! :D

Love Heather, in permanent daylight.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    NY Karen: I am so impressed by your courage and honesty. Its a privilege to know you. :flowerforyou:
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,710 Member
    Options
    &
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,803 Member
    Options
    Afternoon Kiddo's
    I am at work until 6 ,then home I can't believe 3 weeks from tomorrow I will be on a plane...I have to broach the subject of money to take with me on this trip.
    This wedding is at a fancy joint but we are traveling a distance.So I don't want to be cheap but wonder if 100.00 is enough for wedding gift.we will be spending alot if time with family the days before so I can chip in for stuff.and breakfast at hotel.
    Also my dad will be in wheelchair at the airport's and you have to tip skycap ,say 5 bucks each so that is 25.00 down and 25.00 back..so he better not give me any flack...
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Afternoon Kiddo's
    I am at work until 6 ,then home I can't believe 3 weeks from tomorrow I will be on a plane...I have to broach the subject of money to take with me on this trip.
    This wedding is at a fancy joint but we are traveling a distance.So I don't want to be cheap but wonder if 100.00 is enough for wedding gift.we will be spending alot if time with family the days before so I can chip in for stuff.and breakfast at hotel.
    Also my dad will be in wheelchair at the airport's and you have to tip skycap ,say 5 bucks each so that is 25.00 down and 25.00 back..so he better not give me any flack...

I don't understand at all, why you have to beg for money when you have a job and earn money. That's just not right.

Janetr okc
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Larisa doing the happy dance for you. Way to go!!

Janetr okc
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Hugs from sunny IL
    jane
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,710 Member
    Options
    $
  • barbiecat
    Options
    MightyLolo wrote: »
    Thank you to everyone who was wishing me luck! I have verbally accepted the offer of a full-time position as data engineer for an amazing, nerdy, successful technology company a mile from my house and around the corner from my gym. #priorities :tongue:

I'm so excited!

Larisa in Seattle

928584azg37ws6rj.jpg
  • barbiecat
    Options
    janetr7476 wrote: »
    Afternoon Kiddo's

I don't understand at all, why you have to beg for money when you have a job and earn money. That's just not right.

Janetr okc

I wonder about that, too.

• klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    larissa. Congratulations