Options

Replies

• GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,092 Member
    Options
    Mary glad to see you back. I am glad they caught what was causing you to not feel well.

:heart: Margaret
  • SSC1958
    SSC1958 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Fancy - It's great to have you back!.
    Michele- Where did you get all the exercise DVD's you use everyday?
    KJLaMore: I love Tai Chi which has more movement than yoga. I was thinking that maybe you should try wii fit boxing if you're exorcising demons. :)

Planted my garden on the weekend and my hamstrings and lower back are still complaining. Sheesh, it's a good thing it only happens annually.

Carey- Northern Alberta
  • tshirtartist
    tshirtartist Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Barbie cat ....LOVE your poodles! You are talking to another fellow poodle owner.
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    TShirt ~ How cute! :)
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Mary: I understand how you feel about Shep. I feel like our dog is a lifesaver, too. He makes us laugh. We got him as a young pup at a very low point in DH's life, and I am positive he made a huge difference. Today is his annual check-up with the vet. I hope he lives for a long time. Shep, too. :smiley:

Heather: I'm sorry your ship was not able to dock at the Lofoten Islands as planned, but safety first is the rule aboard ships and boats of all kinds. We have a friend with a sailboat named Lofoten. It makes me wonder whether his family comes from there. Sorry the company aboard ship is not more lively. Its lucky you have each other. :flowerforyou:

Penny: Thanks for the position of Heather's cruise ship. Too bad the Islands and landscapes are not labeled. I wonder whether they would be if I zoom in. I'll check that out later. :smiley: I love the 360 view of Longyearben. :heart:

Yoga today! Yay!!!! I understand that yoga is not for everyone, but it has worked wonders for me. I started out in very poor condition due to overweight and a knee injury. I now feel fit and toned everywhere. The knee injury is a permanent issue, but is dramatically better than it was because the muscles that support the joint are stronger and better developed. Yup, I actually have some muscle definition! I never would have thought that would be true. I'm no weight lifter other than the weight of my own body. I would not do yoga at home from a video or app. You really do need an instructor in my opinion. I have a good friend who needs more action and loves zumba. The best idea is to move more, and if you're having fun you're more likely to keep moving.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

Tibetan proverb: "The secret to living well and long is: Eat half, walk double, laugh triple and love without measure..."

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison
  • bonnie824
    bonnie824 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new. Back into Myfitnesspal after 4 years. Wish me luck. My dog Scooter is my walking partner.k8i7rzwv6uk4.jpg

What a cutie. We walk with my (beagle mix) and my daughter's mix mix but they are smellers and players so we don't get a lot of exercise that way really. We also do water aerobics 3 nights a week at the Y.
  • bonnie824
    bonnie824 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Pip: Congrats on the new faster route to work! :smiley:

Vicki: I also have a stressful life due to DH's medical problems, and they're not going to go away. I have learned to minimize "food therapy" and count calories. When I go over I compensate by doing extra exercise. :flowerforyou:

Becca: "hahaha I think that title would be awesome, but all the gossip I would be writing about from those places would soo alienate me from any friendships I made there. While nudists are kind of a mental open book, the secrets I could tell would make you blush!" Ah-Ha! Just as I thought. Those nudist camps are "racy." :wink: I wonder whether you could grow lavender in a pot on your balcony or beside the front door.

I took my car in to have a fog-light replaced and then went shopping for some new tops. I tried Macy's first, but they didn't have anything that I liked so I went to REI & bought three new tops. DH likes them & so do I. They fit just right, so I hope they don't shrink in the wash. The ones I bought were made in the USA of imported cotton fabric. I feel good about that, and bad about politicians who sold our jobs to China for the loans that they spent on the war in the Middle East. Color me opinionated, and maybe a bit inconsistent. I drive a German car. :blush:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

Tibetan proverb: "The secret to living well and long is: Eat half, walk double, laugh triple and love without measure..."

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

I also try and buy either made in America or fair trade. The ones I avoid the most are "American" companies that are not getting taxed as imports but take their jobs to the cheapest country they can find.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,355 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    DH still poorly. I have been out and about on the boat and met another interesting couple. That makes three! The husband was a Navy Commander and is giving a series of talks on board about his career in the Navy and the wife was lively. They lived in France for six years.
    One of the problems with the really old folks on the ship is that they want to tell you about their ailments all the time or they like telling you how many years they've been coming on the Saga cruises. They know all the staff and are very decided about their preferences. It is wonderful though that so many disabled and mobility challenged people can enjoy a holiday like this. Many have sticks or frames and there are a couple of wheelchairs. The staff make a big fuss of them and nothing is too much trouble. Some have been coming for 15 or more years .
    I might be dining alone tonight. :*
    Love Heather.
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,710 Member
    Options
  • pipcd34
    edited June 2016
    Options
    158 mi done so far 242 to go. 2nd place (female) miles ridden so far for WA state
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    (((klanders)))
  • Charleen2
    Charleen2 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    @Lagopus Penny - love the web link to the cruise ship locations! I've been thinking about taking a cruise to Alaska in the future to try my wings at cruising. If that went well my next choice is a cruise to visit the northen countries of Europe - Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland.

For some reason they appeal to me much more than the tropical destination cruises.

Charleen in Colorado (Who turned up the heat!! It's in the 90's here!)
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    NYKaren You handled that like a champ. I know it was painful & caused you anxiety and cost you sleep. I am so glad this part is over. Sending a hug & a beverage.

Karen in Virginia
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    @csofled Cheri - don't know if you have access to MFP today, but I am thinking of you today as you move your daughter into her new apartment. Hope your drive from Ohio was uneventful. It looks like you have a nice dry day! <3

Karen in Virginia
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    158 mi done so far 242 to go. 2nd place (female) miles ridden so far for WA state

Well that DOESN'T surprise us, you'll be first in a couple of days. You're the bomb girl.

Janetr OKC