Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,712 Member
    Options
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday! I am working on trying to have a positive outlook. Weigh in this morning was not good, I am up another pound. I have to get a handle on this. Stress is never going to be gone and I can not let it ruin my life. One Day at a time. New day, new start. Thank each of you for being here and keeping me from giving up.

miriam--So sorry to hear about the little guy, I send hugs to you and your DD.

Janetr--Love the picture, I really like your top.

Anne--Glad your house was not damaged in the storm. This weather has been crazy lately. We had alot of rain and now we have the air with lots of wind.

Lisa--Sorry to hear you are having problems. Hope you feel better soon.

Karen--Sending hugs. Sometimes doing the right thing is the hardest part.

Heather--Glad DH is feeling better and able to enjoy your trip. Sounds like you both are having a lot of fun and I do so enjoy hearing about all the details.

Becca--Sounds like things are looking up. Keeping you both in my prayers for healing and peace. Sounds like you are a great baker and it does sound good.

Allison--Please be careful and take care of yourself.

Katla--Hope you enjoy your day and shopping.

Well I am all up to date and time to take the new person to lunch. Then after lunch we will get her schedule made out. I am excited as we are full staff. Just have two PRN jobs to fill. Here is to wishing each of you a great day.
    Blessings, Vicki Grand Island, NE
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Michele in NC – I’d probably not hang around to see what shape its head was either; but, the markings and color of a timber rattler is pretty much so that you’d know what it is. Copperhead, usually close to a water source are aggressive if you bother them or get too close; they are like their name, copper in color. Then the black snake and garter snack (both harmless). Black snake will eat other snakes, even the poisonous ones. Garter snake is small and they are more afraid of you than you are of them; they’ll slither away quickly. But, I still ‘scream’ no matter what; but, I scream louder and longer if I run into a spider or its web. :#
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Gloworm46 wrote: »
    Yay Becca for the diagnosis and quick scheduling of the surgery. Is your son enlisting as soon as he graduates? 'RE: him bringing someone home without a warning - KIDS! Hugs to you and DH for a successful surgery on Thursday. How long will it take and will he be going back home that night? <3<3<3

The procedure isn't soon enough, but its hard to be patient when it comes to your loved ones health.

My son just finished his Junior year in high school, so he will be going to MEP's (Military Entrance Processing Station) this month. He will be in the DEP (Delayed Entry Program) all summer and during his Senior year in high school. This locks in whatever rating (job) he wishes, plus they learn over a course of a year all the information they stuff in their brains in boot camp. Actually, if he passes various recruitment tests, he could advance in rank before he officially goes into the Navy (ie says the pledge). The DEP's have a meeting every month, to PT and go thru testing. It should be an interesting summer!

Thanks for the well wishes for Thursday. I am not sure how long this procedure will take. After recovery, he will be allowed to go home, so long drive home, but it will be during the day, so not so bad.
    Becca
    Oregon
  • Annr
    Options
    Penny at the North Pole~Thank you for your concern and positive thoughts. Being that the stone is 2 mm, husband is hoping he can see the thing, and its not just blasted. The benatryl that he takes really helps for the itchiness, so at least he can sleep at night. (((hugs)))
    Becca
  • Annr
    Options
    KJLaMore~hahaha I think that title would be awesome, but all the gossip I would be writing about from those places would soo alienate me from any friendships I made there. While nudists are kind of a mental open book, the secrets I could tell would make you blush!
    Becca
    Oregon
  • Annr
    Options
    Barbie from beautiful NW Washington~Oh I am so jealous of your large lavender bush!!!! Wonderful!! I used to grow lavender in Alameda CA., when we were stationed there. Whenever a new family moved in, I would pick a bundle and give it to them as a welcome to the neighborhood sort of thing. I told them to hang it on the door of their bathroom and the scent would come out whenever it was steamy from the shower. I also told them they could put the buds in a mason jar with epsom salt and make their own bath salts.
    Becca
    Oregon
  • Annr
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Vickil57~ Yep things are looking up! Finally got an e-mail back from Providence and husband has appointment with Orthopedic doctor about his kneecap Wednesday at 10:30 AM. Sadly, that means I can not attend my TOPS meeting (Take Off Pounds Sensibly support group). It's been a month since he fractured his kneecap, so I hope the x-ray will show that its healing fine.
    Becca
    serious now in
    Oregon
  • Annr
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    Yogi is saying hey there to scooter
    hlgkzn0is3ojw.jpeg

Pip, Yogi has the cleanest tongue ever! And the clearest eyes! I could have a conversation with those eyes!
    Becca
  • NO_Excuses_515
    NO_Excuses_515 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Miriam – Losing the kitten must have been heart-wrenching. I am so sorry. {{{hugs}}}

Michelle – I was at a graduation party this weekend and met a lady who told me a story about snakes in her house. I won’t repeat it here, but suffice to say that I would have to move if I found snakes in my house. So, I guess maybe you can be happy that yours are at least staying in the garden???

Lisa – So sorry to hear about your trip to the ER. I love your comment about being kind to the ER nurses. I have this vision of you as this calm and strong woman even in the midst of your pain. I am happy to hear you are feeling better.

Karen/Charlotte, Kathy/Connecticut, Linda/No. California, Diane/Maine – Welcome!

Becca – Thinking about you and your DH. Hope the stone removal goes smoothly and he is finally able to get some relief.

Irene – Stick with it. It will get easier. I am always too low on protein as well. If you are looking for protein rich snacks, you can try cottage cheese, nuts or nut butter, or yogurt. I’ve also had a couple of people recommend to me Nick’s Sticks. They are all natural beef/turkey sticks. If you like that sort of thing, people love them. They carry them in the health section at my local grocery store.

Nikki/MA – Oh my, that is quite a list and I am so sorry to hear about your nephew. But, happy dance for you on your size 14 pants!!!

Heather – sounds like you are having a lovely time on your cruise. Happy for you.

Working on getting my eating back on track after four weekends in a row of high school graduation parties (and cake). I have made it to the gym the past two mornings and I am going to try to get outside for a walk tonight. I’ve got just over a month before I do the Color Run with my DH and two daughters. I am only running in about 90 second spurts right now, but I am determined to run most of the Color Run 5K in July.

Linda/IA
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Pip: Congrats on the new faster route to work! :smiley:

Vicki: I also have a stressful life due to DH's medical problems, and they're not going to go away. I have learned to minimize "food therapy" and count calories. When I go over I compensate by doing extra exercise. :flowerforyou:

Becca: "hahaha I think that title would be awesome, but all the gossip I would be writing about from those places would soo alienate me from any friendships I made there. While nudists are kind of a mental open book, the secrets I could tell would make you blush!" Ah-Ha! Just as I thought. Those nudist camps are "racy." :wink: I wonder whether you could grow lavender in a pot on your balcony or beside the front door.

I took my car in to have a fog-light replaced and then went shopping for some new tops. I tried Macy's first, but they didn't have anything that I liked so I went to REI & bought three new tops. DH likes them & so do I. They fit just right, so I hope they don't shrink in the wash. The ones I bought were made in the USA of imported cotton fabric. I feel good about that, and bad about politicians who sold our jobs to China for the loans that they spent on the war in the Middle East. Color me opinionated, and maybe a bit inconsistent. I drive a German car. :blush:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

Tibetan proverb: "The secret to living well and long is: Eat half, walk double, laugh triple and love without measure..."

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I took my girls and my dog, plus two I am dogsitting today, for an hour long walk. I think I earned many more calories than MFP gives me credit for since the dog I had the lead of is a ferocious puller! I feel like my arm has been wrenched out of the socket! The entire walk was with my feet planted, leaning back, so the dog would not pull me over. She is a sweetie, but NOT leash trained at all.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    <3
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Q
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    m2ylahq4auhl.jpg

Sasha and Brandy say hi to Scooter and Yogi....dogs are such great walking partners.

:) Sequim, WA calls itself the Lavender Capital of North America....Larisa mentioned coming to the Lavender Festival...it happens the third weekend of July and draws about 30,000 people over the weekend. We enjoy the lavender in our front yard...it grows with minimal care, although the lavender farmers work hard to make theirs look fabulous and harvest some for making products for sale...there are "you pick" parts of the farms so you can cut your own bouquet...there are a lot of varieties grown around here including English Lavender
  • Annr
    Options
    Katla~ While nudist resorts are enlightening and "freeing", honestly speaking, not having any buffers in friendships was a big deal. Lines were crossed all the time with frienships into being intimate. Add that onto the fact that most large ladies there, had self esteem issues, made some uncomfortable situations. I was friends with many, and I was naive about it all, and it got me into a heap of trouble. Lessons learned, and finally I have my priorities in order. (thank God).

Becca
  • pipcd34
    Options
    R
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    :star:
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    @barbiecat I see a kitty in the mirror watching you take the picture of the dogs! <3

Karen in Virginia